How do you make lots of gold in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

I only do WvW. I really cant stand champ training for gold. I cant run dungeons or fractals either because everyone just kicks you if its your first time. I have three 80s and dont even have full exotics because I cant afford it. I at least try and do meta events once a day for a chest but it never has anything good. How do people afford food and utility buffs as well as siege plans or the 100g for commander tag? I want to at least get one of my characters a legendary but I have 1 gold 37 silver. I will not PvE for my gold because I just dont find it fun at all and whats the point of playing if you arent enjoying what you do? Hell I can hardly stomach leveling new characters.

So how do WvW people get enough gold to make legendary weapons? I see people who mostly WvW with legendaries all the time so I assume you can get them from only doing WvW. At what point will you start earning enough gold to cover consumables and also put towards a legendary? Once you get into higher ranks do rank up chests start giving better rewards?

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I hate to break this to you but you don’t…

If you want gold you after go flip/trade stuff on the trading post or run some dungeons/world bosses/fractals. Then you spend it in WvW…

in WvW

Posted by: Insight.1683

Insight.1683

HEavy loot bags ftw

[WP][TW] – Arguns

in WvW

Dabrixmgp.4758

If you want gold you after go flip/trade stuff on the trading post or run some dungeons/world bosses/fractals. Then you spend it in WvW…

so basically I have to do stuff I hate and quit after 30 minutes because its so kitten boring? People who enjoy running dungeons, fractals, or champ training are allowed to make gold so why arent people who only like doing WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I only do WvW. I really cant stand champ training for gold. I cant run dungeons or fractals either because everyone just kicks you if its your first time. I have three 80s and dont even have full exotics because I cant afford it. I at least try and do meta events once a day for a chest but it never has anything good. How do people afford food and utility buffs as well as siege plans or the 100g for commander tag? I want to at least get one of my characters a legendary but I have 1 gold 37 silver. I will not PvE for my gold because I just dont find it fun at all and whats the point of playing if you arent enjoying what you do? Hell I can hardly stomach leveling new characters.

So how do WvW people get enough gold to make legendary weapons? I see people who mostly WvW with legendaries all the time so I assume you can get them from only doing WvW. At what point will you start earning enough gold to cover consumables and also put towards a legendary? Once you get into higher ranks do rank up chests start giving better rewards?

Uhh, you should easily earn more than 1 gold doin WvW every day. You don’t have to do meta events. If you buy the 2nd best consumables and avoid upgrading, you shouldn’t be goin broke. The rest of it is time.

To get to a legendary probably doin some PvE will speed up things a lot.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

There are methods of converting skill points into gold. The transfer rate is roughly half a gold per skill point.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

There is a couple groups/guilds in dungeon sub forum will teach you how to do dungeons with them. They are nice and easy going people and you should try to learn the easy one 1st (it’s AC dungeon and CoF path1). You will get the hang of it in no time and with 1hr or less to spend, you could net 4-5 golds a day easily. Dungeons and fractals are fun and challenged too. Just try to remember one thing: the skills, techniques and gears used in WvW have no place in PvE. Once you get enough gold, use 1 class (war or guard) and gear up that one for PvE only so you don’t have to change traits.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

In order of importance;

1. Don’t Upgrade Anything Ever.
  2. Karma Train Whenever A PUG Commander is On Any Map. Stick to Commander like glue, even if you know you will die.
  3. Sell All Loot, (Never keep Anything above green). Never sell to highest bidder. At the very least Match Lowest Seller.
  4. Buy Gear Using Non-Gold – i.e. Karma Vended PVT from Orr Temples, Laurels, Badges of Honour.
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

1. sell the mats you get, especially t6 mats.
2. You can buy exotics with badges and only a small amount of currency.
3. karma training.
4. FArm nodes, especially iron nodes and sell those mats.
5. Goto temples when they are open and use karma to buy exotic jewlrey , backpieces, armor etc.

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

There are some rules I follow for this.
1. Always carry at least 4 blue salvage kits and at least 1 master salvage kit. You’ll need them for the next part.
2. Salvage everything. I do mean everything. Use the blue kits for Green or lower quality gear. Use the master kits for yellow or higher quality gear. Materials from salvaging even now more than ever sell better than if you sold the gear to the merchant. One salvaged piece covers the cost of the salvage kit usually.
3. One exception to number 2 is you should check prices and runes on Exotic gear you acquire. Most gear will be more profitable to salvage than to sell upright, but check anyway.
4. Open all Loot Bags. You will easily do at least 30 heavy loot bags per night. Open them. They’ll have T6 mats in them.
5. Open all Champion loot bags. In addition to a ridiculous supply of bloodstone dust you’ll get green or higher items.
6. Tag everything. This requires your wvw build to put out as much AOE as you possibly can (and why rangers aren’t so popular in wvw). The more you tag during a fight the more bags you get. You can tag the most targets on a necromancer or an engineer.
7. Ride the karma zerg and don’t be afraid to push into the fights with them. If they win the fight you get the bagz.
8. Let the commander drop siege. Don’t buy siege yourself. If you get siege drops sell them (unless you plan to command at some point, then save them). Dropping your siege frequently is a waste of money unless you’re the cmdr.
9. Don’t upgrade anything. You won’t see a return for your investment especially on higher tier servers.
10. Figure out a build for yourself and lock into it. Don’t change your build for a long time unless a balance patch hits. This is your biggest expense. Test a build in spvp. Builds there frequently work for WvW (not all the time though)
11. Don’t buy the 30 silver or 10 silver food. The lvl 60 food will do just fine and you can sustain it longer. If your commander drops food that works for your build use it instead.

12. After a WvW session return to your bank and SELL all the materials you picked up while salvaging.

You’ll net at least 15 gold per week if not more just from killing enemy zergs.

edit
I use the blue kits on the green or lower quality items because using higher level kits often salvages the green rune/sigil off the item. Blue kits have a good chance of not getting that item. This goes a long way to keeping my bags empty so that I can continue to AOE loot. With all the green/yellow level sigils and runes just sell them to the merchant. They’re rarely worth anything.

Little red Lioka

(edited by lioka qiao.8734)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

There are some rules I follow for this.
1. Always carry at least 4 blue salvage kits and at least 1 master salvage kit. You’ll need them for the next part.
2. Salvage everything. I do mean everything. Use the blue kits for Green or lower quality gear. Use the master kits for yellow or higher quality gear. Materials from salvaging even now more than ever sell better than if you sold the gear to the merchant. One salvaged piece covers the cost of the salvage kit usually.
3. One exception to number 2 is you should check prices and runes on Exotic gear you acquire. Most gear will be more profitable to salvage than to sell upright, but check anyway.
4. Open all Loot Bags. You will easily do at least 30 heavy loot bags per night. Open them. They’ll have T6 mats in them.
5. Open all Champion loot bags. In addition to a ridiculous supply of bloodstone dust you’ll get green or higher items.
6. Tag everything. This requires your wvw build to put out as much AOE as you possibly can (and why rangers aren’t so popular in wvw). The more you tag during a fight the more bags you get. You can tag the most targets on a necromancer or an engineer.
7. Ride the karma zerg and don’t be afraid to push into the fights with them. If they win the fight you get the bagz.
8. Let the commander drop siege. Don’t buy siege yourself. If you get siege drops sell them (unless you plan to command at some point, then save them). Dropping your siege frequently is a waste of money unless you’re the cmdr.
9. Don’t upgrade anything. You won’t see a return for your investment especially on higher tier servers.
10. Figure out a build for yourself and lock into it. Don’t change your build for a long time unless a balance patch hits. This is your biggest expense. Test a build in spvp. Builds there frequently work for WvW (not all the time though)
11. Don’t buy the 30 silver or 10 silver food. The lvl 60 food will do just fine and you can sustain it longer. If your commander drops food that works for your build use it instead.

12. After a WvW session return to your bank and SELL all the materials you picked up while salvaging.

You’ll net at least 15 gold per week if not more just from killing enemy zergs.

Great post!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Basically BE SELFISH

in WvW

Posted by: Laylie.5703

Laylie.5703

I get 10-15 gold a night from zerg busting and capping towers. I salavage everything blues greens, rares, exotics not above 1.3 gold. I make as much in 4-5 hours of WvW as I do doing my daily dungeon runs.

|Biggus|QT|Jade Quarry|

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

If your on a server that’s good at capping objectives, you’ll make your money that way. If; however, your server doesn’t do this well, well your out of luck then.

in WvW

Posted by: Batutinha.5362

Batutinha.5362

Im a pretty casual player but I do 2-3 gold per day on wvw. All that I do is to follow the commander and use auction house to sell every item past 3 silver worth. 1~2 silver itens I sell on vendors and 90- copper I salvage.

Also, I dont know how much does a legendary mean to you, but the equipment sold by the Weapon Master are top stats too, you can get a weapon for 1g + ~150 badges.
The Armor Master sells top armor too, for a similar price.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

AOE AOE AOE capture towers, and should be like 2g an hour; not pretty, but at least it covers your cost.

If you want to be selfish; get one of those really tanky builds that have a cleave weapon. You’ll do pitiful damage but still be able to tag and leech.

Suitability is most important. It means less repair costs, and more time to tag for loot.

Also, use your badges to fill in your exotics.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

You can use badges to buy almost all armor/weapons. Karma will get you the jewelry.

Killing other zergs nets a bunch of loot for classes that can aoe tag easily. Find a decent sized guild group, join them in voice chat (just to listen if they allow it) and follow.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Well its PVP you can only make gold if you are winning the fights!!!

You can fill 160bagslot in 20min or less if your server is winning the big blob fights

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

Don’t die. No repair bill.

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]

in WvW

lioka qiao.8734

Basically BE SELFISH

Yep. Be selfish. You don’t make money giving it all to charity.

The game doesn’t recognize you for your actions anyway. Buy the upgrade at a camp? No “Upgraded by Hule” plaque on a sign by the camp.

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Yes, but well upgrading is a part of game, even buying siege to help your server flip some tower.
So if player want to get some money by playing WvW, he must stop with this. If nobody have siege, well do not place any. Just pvd.
If there is keep full of supply, dont start upgrade. Even if that means enemy will need longer time to get throught defences.
Just dont do it.

in WvW

styx.7294

Why does upgrading cost gold? =(!!!!!

Gate of Madness

in WvW

lioka qiao.8734

If you can spare gold certainly do upgrades if you want to help out your server’s PPT cause. If you need to make gold in WvW though, not buying upgrades goes a long way toward that. All those upgrades will add up to a 5+ gold sink per session (especially keep upgrades).

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

so basically I have to do stuff I hate and quit after 30 minutes because its so kitten boring?

Pretty much.

Or you can run in a big zerg and tag everything.
WvW isnt balanced in every single aspect of it! When it comes to loot I hear other guild members say “Yay I got so many loot bags!” I look at my inventory and I only have like 5. This is because I play ele and provide support with water fields.
But as said WvW isnt balanced, so even though I put in the waterfields to help heal all the players, they get all the damage in and get the bags, whilst I get just a few. But without the healing they would die faster and get less loot, so basically support characters are there to help others get their loot.
It’s probably why we see all heavy trains these days as well.

If you want gold, WvW isnt the place to be.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

get on a higher population server. run with a karma train, and have an AoE build so you can tag lots of enemies. loot everything (bind a key to Aoe Loot and use it). salvage items often, and sell the mats on the trading post. you can often do this while running between objectives (put your character on autorun).

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

styx.7294

In case not everyone gets it but a lot of this is a guide to being bad at WvW. WvW is a lot of fun but not when you’re karma training for loot =(

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Dabrixmgp.4758

In case not everyone gets it but a lot of this is a guide to being bad at WvW. WvW is a lot of fun but not when you’re karma training for loot =(

Karma training is also basically PvE. Also bags seem to be totally random. When Im on my guardian in a full melee group there have been fights where we wipe them and I get 15 bags. Then we will fight another group with a similar outcome and I only get 3 bags. I assume Im tagging everything because Im getting EXP messages but very little loot.