How free server xfers ruined WvW for some

in WvW

Posted by: Rainin.9812

Rainin.9812

So this is definitely going to come across as a rant, but playing on Henge of Denravi and going through the “fall from grace” in the WvW standings has left me annoyed and appalled.

To put it simply: free transfers lasted too long. Masses left HoD for Jade Quarry and then in the weeks following that with HoD gradual decline, the majority of the competitive WvW’ers we had left also jumped ship. Now we get pummeled every week and staying loyal to a server for this long has proven to be a grave mistake as it pertains to actually enjoying the WvW part of the game.

Some people might say the solution is simple, to leave just like the rest. Which at this point I might consider due to the absolute downer it is to even attempt WvW anymore against dominators like Sorrow’s Furnace.. but the guild we built up before the mass abandonment has a lot of perks and etc, that are non-transferable. So at this point its a catch 22 to start over.

I guess I don’t expect any apology or anything, but ANet preaches that they care what the customers think.. so there it is. I’m not sure if this happened to any other servers, but it would be nice if some other HoD people or from other servers stood up and spoke out about this as well.

in WvW

Posted by: CharliePrince.2071

CharliePrince.2071

honestly speaking, arenanet’s frozen like a deer in the headlights has all but doomed this game and its playerbase

everyday more and more people simply leave and the hardest truth to accept is slowly becoming 100% fact

ARENANET DOES NOT CARE ABOUT WUVWUV

they wanted to make something enjoyable for casual players for casual play and never intended it to be what it has become: ENDGAME

WvWvW was something people can easily hop into, get into some battles, get some kills, badges, etc and log off

that is it

that is all it was ever intended to be

as more people quit and activity dwindles, arenanet’s refusal to take any action regarding the deathroll wuvwuv has been simply screams volumes

in WvW

Posted by: cold.3946

cold.3946

Arenanet doesn’t care about the game they’ve spent most of a decade developing. That’s basically what you just said. Think about that for a second. It’s been less than 90 days since GW2 came out. There have been hundreds of fixes and balances since then.

By my measure this would be a successful launch in its own right. Fortunately, we’ve been treated to new content as well. Two special events, new PvP maps/modes, and the endless fun of fractals means there is really no right to complain that Arenanet takes no action.

I get that it can be frustrating when your individual issues aren’t addressed, but try to maintain some perspective and realize how much work they’re doing to improve GW2 in such a short time after launch. I have every confidence that most of the things players are asking for will see fruition down the road.

Less hyperbole and more constructive criticism will help them out.

Keg – 80 Guardian | Mini Keg – 80 Mesmer
Strike Force [SF] Stormbluff Isle
www.strikeforceguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

The Northern Shiverpeaks over the last few weeks has lost half of its big WvW guilds to other servers. Are we rolling over and dying? HA! NO!
We need big WvW guilds to join us sure, but we still annihilate on the battlefield simply because we throw all our PvE noobs at them.
I’d despise big WvW guilds who leave their home server because they are losing, its honestly just sad. But thats not Anets fault, its the small minded guild leaders.

NSP even though losing literally hundreds of players is still rising through the ranks. That stands as a testimony to our strength as a server. Battered but not broken.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Rainin.9812

Rainin.9812

I’m not saying ANet hasn’t developed a great game, I absolutely love the game. But with WvW in mind, they should’ve cut off free server transfers a month or so after launch.. Because now there are around 6-7 powerhouse servers.. instead of a field thick with competition.

in WvW

Posted by: cold.3946

cold.3946

I’m not saying ANet hasn’t developed a great game, I absolutely love the game. But with WvW in mind, they should’ve cut off free server transfers a month or so after launch.. Because now there are around 6-7 powerhouse servers.. instead of a field thick with competition.

I agree with this. I was responding to that other guy who went off on some rant.

Keg – 80 Guardian | Mini Keg – 80 Mesmer
Strike Force [SF] Stormbluff Isle
www.strikeforceguild.com