How good is necromancer in Wvw?

in WvW

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

I would like to know from other than necromancer professions point of view what’s their thought about necromancer (any build) in Wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Dominates if played right, when i slot Staff 2-10 is AoE..cant be matched

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in WvW

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

I am just leveling one right now so I can tell you it is a very good class :P I am using dagger/warhorn, staff, signet speed boost. And the ellite plague form that makes you a real tank for 20 sec. Depending on your play style, you can use plague form for offense and defense. Staff mark for support. Dagger is for fast hitting 1 target (clear siege). Anyway, make sure you don’t go down state. Down = defeated atm because of some 1/3 downed state HP bug. Tank necro is very good commander material. Enjoy~

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Well they can put a lot of pressure. I would say they are excellent when fighting with and against groups of ~10-20. In zergs I honestly don’t know (does it even matter), and in anything smaller than that I don’t think you can match the massive utility some of the other professions have.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Well, their BIG advantage is that they got alot of AOE. Currently AOE in WWW is king: tag all enemies, get badges & WXP, prosper!

And they can be traited to be good tanks too, soaking up alot of damage before they go down.

They do lack a bit in DPS, but if you run in a zerg, that barely matters.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: oltouch.2913

oltouch.2913

Amazing class for wvw, and bag machine to boot.

[EP]
Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

Well they can put a lot of pressure. I would say they are excellent when fighting with and against groups of ~10-20. In zergs I honestly don’t know (does it even matter), and in anything smaller than that I don’t think you can match the massive utility some of the other professions have.

I think well bombing with groups of 20ish is a thing in higher tiers.

I want to like necros, I have a necro, and I dont play it.

fighting outnumbered puts the spotlight on the severe lack of mobility and all the good skills being utilities which leaves little room for stun breaks.

Most zerg necros run no stun breaks, try that 5v20

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Probably my favorite class right now. I play all classes regularly, but Necro can do everything and I mean everything. I can’t say that about any other class. I try to play every class equally, but I always go back to Necro at the end of the day.

in WvW

Posted by: Dane.9480

Dane.9480

I have a 80 warrior , a 80 guardian and a 80 thief but it’s my necro I play in WvW.
Staff and septer/dagger is what I use. Staff in zergs and septer dagger when taking out a sentry or a camp.
Plague is good when pushing or escaping. Well of sufering and well of blod also comes in handy.
As for runes I’m using superior rune of the undead (toughness and condition damage).
Traits are 15/30/10/15 (dunno if it’s the right thing ,but that’s how I like it).
And after all … it’s all about fun and games ..so play the char you like and how you like it

in WvW

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

Epidemic, use it. Build for conditions. Epidemic by far and away the best skill, in my opinion in WvW. You see an enemy with a TON of condis, pop Epidemic. It will wreck a zerg.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Well bombing is one of the most powerful tactic in the game and it require necros… I would even go so far as to say they should be the AoE backbone of any organized group, more so than any other profession.

In terms of solo combat performance they havent really impressed me personally (both playing and facing), but I know some guildes that play them very good anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

I love my power necro and how much aoe and how tanky she is in wvw. I only wish she had more access to stability and protection and had more escape options.

in WvW

Posted by: Nozzie.2067

Nozzie.2067

Well bombing is one of the most powerful tactic in the game and it require necros… I would even go so far as to say they should be the AoE backbone of any organized group, more so than any other profession.

Would I be correct in assuming that the Well Bombing Necros are built for high power rather than condition damage?

My necro is just about to hit 80 & I just can’t make up my mind which kind of build is best while running in a zerg. Conditions are great when they stay on, but with so much condition removal in big fights & with zergball on zergball fights generally being decided fairly quickly it just seems that I might be better off going for the big AoE hits of power over the slow burn of AoE conditions.

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Most zerg necros run no stun breaks, try that 5v20

I have.

Deathshroud and plague form are excellent survival tools that allow your team to peel for you. A necro with a large health pool isn’t as dependent on stunbreakers as a guardian, for example.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

Necros were OP before they buffed them…

Watch the link in my signature for a necro’s POV in wvw. I command 100% of the time im online in T2. I’d never use anything other than a necro. Love it.

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

in WvW

Poplolita.2638

When I first made this thread, I wasn’t expecting to receive positive responses at all, even less when you read threads like :

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-Worst-profession-ever/page/2#post1870333
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-abandoned/first#post1868426

I would like to know why necromancer earned this bad reputation among our own community. It doesn’t feel right to get such positive responses when we keep crying that we are up and unwanted.

What’s so great about thief, elementary, and mesmer? What do they have over necromancer? What’s so great about epidimic? Why is it considered one of the best anti zerg spell in Wvw when there’s a limit of 5 targets? How necromancer survives in zerg with no immunity, but only death shroud?

(edited by Poplolita.2638)

in WvW

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

Epidemic never used to have a 5man cap, it was recently put in place.

There is talk of taking the cap off again since it has a LoS factor now.

in WvW

Poplolita.2638

Epidemic never used to have a 5man cap, it was recently put in place.

There is talk of taking the cap off again since it has a LoS factor now.

Interresting, this is something I didn’t know.

in WvW

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I don’t think anyone has ever complained about necros in WvW zergs. But lets be honest here. Does it really matter what you bring to a zerg?

Its necros in PvE and WvW roaming that people have always had problems with.

Stuff goes here.

in WvW

Posted by: wrathes.8310

wrathes.8310

Necromancers in theory would probably be the most OP in WvW, but actually playing it is a different matter. There’s the whole problem of cooldowns, lack of mobility/stability/boons in general, and nonexistent to decent burst at best.

Thieves, elementalists, and mesmers probably have the top escape mechanics and confusion methods in this game. They make excellent scouts and havoc groups, and ele’s heals + their focus and mesmer’s portals + veils are basically essential for a zerg. They are far more squishy than necros in comparison, but their endurance + confusion techniques make up for that. Necros are great tanks, provide huge AOE traps, boon stripping and general crowd control, and we’re the most efficient at them in terms of cooldowns. We work at best in a group, and can basically destroy a zerg at a concentrated point purely by laying down tons of marks and wells, or for pushing up to cap a tower just by plaguing your way up. But then again, number > composition in zergs right??

The main problems with our class is that we have few escape mechanics and no stability outside of a ds trait and a 3 minute elite, so if you get tripped up by immobilities and stuns or even cripples sometimes, and all your condition cleansing skills are on cooldown, using plague to escape tank is really only delaying the inevitable unless no one targets you. And epidemic… in theory, it would be one of the best anti zerg spells, but the limit of 5 targets, LOS nerf, cast time and condition cleansing basically makes it OK at best in a chaotic zergvszerg fight. It WAS one of our best wall-offense/defense skills, but now it’s ‘working as intended’, so really it’s only the most useful when attacking squads or smaller groups or y’know, NPCs. And DS is not meant for tanking a zerg. You’ll get downed in 3 seconds flat. Use it to escape off high ledges, mitigate high burst damage, or use it for the fury/fear/gap closer. Or I guess an oh kitten button if it comes to that, but that’s generally a poor way to go about using it. Minions are not viable at all in WvW fights bigger than 2-3 max, flesh golem outstanding purely for its knockdown. No, really, please don’t go minion master in WvW because you’re just another loot bag for the other servers.

So it p much comes down to, necros outshine others in certain situations, and the other half the time, you should just roll a necro in WvW purely for the insane amount of loot bags you’ll get. So there’s my two cents. +thumbsup

Ronwel – 80 Necromancer
Blackgate [OOPS]

(edited by wrathes.8310)

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Necros are the best at their niche. If you’re playing them inside of that niche, they’re great, but if you try to do things like solo roam, you’ll feel the urge to roll something else.

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Necros are an integral part of zerg warfare which is what this game rewards. Constantly chilling, blinding and spreading conditions will absolutely wreck zergs since it is much easier to apply conditions then remove them.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

Necro heavy groups are one of the scariest opponents for a guardian heavy roaming group. I can’t speak for ZvZ fights, but in small scale fights a couple of necros are scary as hell. Power necros can dish out some crazy damage with their wells + marks and Condi necros are really evil when they convert all your boons.

I don’t think they’re the ideal class in 1v1 although I’ve met some really good ones, so that’s possibly a reason there’s some hate for them.

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

When I first made this thread, I wasn’t expecting to receive positive responses at all, even less when you read threads like :

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-Worst-profession-ever/page/2#post1870333
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-abandoned/first#post1868426

I would like to know why necromancer earned this bad reputation among our own community. It doesn’t feel right to get such positive responses when we keep crying that we are up and unwanted.

What’s so great about thief, elementary, and mesmer? What do they have over necromancer? What’s so great about epidimic? Why is it considered one of the best anti zerg spell in Wvw when there’s a limit of 5 targets? How necromancer survives in zerg with no immunity, but only death shroud?

Probably a number of factors. Although go to any class forum and there are copious threads stating their class is the worst when really its just the player isn’t so good with their class. There is also perspective, like not every class is exactly the same in PvE, sPVP and WvW. Some do better or worse in one than others…. IE AFAIK the warrior is considered worst in sPVP but I think they bring alot to WvW and they are one of the most popular in PvE (dungeons).

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Necromancers bring alot of condition control and tankability to team-fights and is the second best WvW farming class (next to Grenade Engineer).

A well timed Plague with Chilling Darkness can turn a teamfight alongside the 50k Health and 35k DS-Health for soaking up enemy damage.

Some of my large scale teamfight videos:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in WvW

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

If you like to zerg, they are great. But so are most other classes specced for zerg warefare. It takes less skill to zerg (at a personal skill level).

If some reason the zerg necro gets seperated, he gets destroyed.

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

in WvW

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

80 war, ele, necro, and guard here. Pref necro> rest due to wells hitting everything and immense/near invulnerable tankiness with rabid set / chill on blind. hits and tags everything, great support. even 1v1 u’ll last quite a while and most ppl would be discouraged – and lose

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

in WvW

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

I really do not understand peoples complaint about lack of mobility for necro’s sure we do not have any weapon skills which make us jump around but spectral walk alone makes up for it

Activate SW and jump off a cliff then activate again to port back to the top, or hell jump off activate it before you hit the ground twice and take no dmg even from the biggest drops

My personal favorite is to Spectral Walk run through a zerg, cast Flesh Wurm port back to the start of the SW then activate FW, the zerg wont know which way to turn, activate Plague form and run around like a headless chicken while your zerg then smashes into them add to that necros have the best blinds in the game which can be traited to cause chill and you have imo one of the best zerg busting classes in game

While necro may suffer from cd’s if they did reduce them necros would be too op, they are not as dynamic in their playstyle as say engi or ele but they have abilities which can turn a fight in seconds

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in WvW

Posted by: Exarthious.5792

Exarthious.5792

In over 15k kills, I’ve lost to two Necromancers in a one on one situation. The loses were my fault.

The Necromancer however shines in group vs group, or zerg vs zerg play. I don’t think any other class can match the amount of bags you can get with a Necromancer, and no other class in the game synergizes as well as the Necromancer does with other classes condition builds.

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

My nacro win 1v1 near cliff anytime xD
Cliff is combo field for nacro.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Lalnuir.4957

Lalnuir.4957

I don’t think anyone has ever complained about necros in WvW zergs. But lets be honest here. Does it really matter what you bring to a zerg?

Of course it does.

Well I mean unless you like being a big group of walking bags then by all means bring your gs/rifle warriors, meditation guardians, mesmers with no glamor skills, rangers without their water field, glass cannon eles and what ever else strikes your fancy.