How is Ranger / Druid in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Horan.7013

Horan.7013

I realized that I really like pew pew play style. That is why I am leveling up my thief P/P. P/P #3 feels so cool!
However I guess it is suboptimal and not really viable due to so many anti-projectiles in this game.
Being super squshy doesn’t help newbie like me neither since stealth is pretty much a must for the thief. So I am not sure how a thief P/P would stay alive.

Anyway, after little research I find ranger also has that pew pew feel to it.
LB #2, #5 and SB autoattack feel good.
Druid staff autoattack beam looks pretty fancy also.

How is ranger / druid in WvW and PvP?
Solo roaming and zerging both included, how is ranger?

According to Ranger forum it is in bad place. But why when I ask people in-game, people say it is in really good place??
Which is it? I am bit confused.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Ranger/Druid can be a lot of fun for Roaming and Solo and it does well in these areas. It’s still a bit of a red headed step child for Guild raids, not as bad as it was, Druid can bring something to the table at least but still in the grey area of is it worth losing another class within the raid to bring a druid. For pugging, people play whatever they want so you’ll be fine there.

As for the Ranger forums, most of that is PvE banter, there are better classes for larger group play in WvW but when it comes to roaming and solo, It’s a pretty solid class.

(edited by Nuzt.7894)

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Annoying, nuff said…

in WvW

Posted by: Horan.7013

Horan.7013

How is it annoying? Is it a good thing or bad thing??
How is it compared to thief?

in WvW

Posted by: BeepBoopBap.2840

BeepBoopBap.2840

Annoying in that their survivability is really good if you know how to use your stealth and heals.

I think they have less potential damage than a thief, but a lot more survivability, boon access, and support via heals.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Druid is good in wvw. Just don’t be a total noob, get atleast +300 toughness/vita so you arnt wrecked repeatedly for someone else sport.

this basic template for the Power LongBow Shout Druid:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQFATnUqA1Ci9CCWsActAlZBD+fWQfoPBg6kSWRaA-TFBFABppDoQ1fKa/BAeAACAaB-w

Fill in the blanks tailored to your wants.

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Annoying in that their survivability is really good if you know how to use your stealth and heals.

I think they have less potential damage than a thief, but a lot more survivability, boon access, and support via heals.

^ What he said. Had to hit the hay so I am glad someone else answered; Thanks.

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

wrong forum. blablaminimumlength

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I am just getting used to my lb/staff druid in wvw. It is a fun character to run so far, with some effective heals and such, with the added utility of the lb damage when needed. I need to get a lot better at using my F5 skills, though, to be more useful.

I find it to be a lot of fun and would definitely recommend trying it. And as Justine said, get that tough/vital up so that your survivability is decent. Also, what BeepBoopBap said is also true.

I find the character to be the most fun/useful as backline support(with some occasional jumps to the front when stronger heals are needed) in small to medium zergs. Is also pretty good at keep/tower defense, especially with helping to keep other defenders alive.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The kinds that I meet roaming on my condi thief:

Average Player or worse: Dies in 15s or so.

Decent Player on Bunker: Dies in a minute or so.
Decent Player on Damager: Better bring a friend because if I get close, dead in seconds.

Great Player on Bunker: I chase them halfway across the map usually to a door.
Great Player on Damager: Approach with caution and moderately difficult kill… if they are with friends a very tough fight.

Basically the class has three weapons, Staff (Bunker/Escape), Longbow (Damager) and Greatsword (Damage/Escape). After a weapon swap you know exactly what you are facing.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”