How is Tier 3 looking?

How is Tier 3 looking?

in WvW

Posted by: Syiic.3724

Syiic.3724

Hello!

Just as the title stated. What is Mag and Stormbuff and Crystal like? Do commanders use TS? Is there alot of blobbing. How is the roaming? Im looking to transfer from a lower tier.

How is Tier 3 looking?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I’m on SBI, and thanks to insomina I’ve been able to check out most of the time periods. Yes the commanders use TS, however we do have sporadic commanders during Early NA (5-7 PST) during Saturdays/Sundays, and that appears to be the weakest time. It gets a lot better during Reset and again during the end of the week. We also have weirdly good commander presence during midnight PST as well. Unfortunately, when there is no tag, we have a lot of people not on TS or in their own set of coms but we do have a pretty friendly group of regulars that are willing to help most solo/small group folks though there is a tendency to stack everyone in the same channel.

In terms of roaming as a whole, SBI is pretty sad though most fights on this tier tends towards blob though it gets better as you head towards late NA. As a result, other people have to get bigger groups to fight as well. SEA time is just a karma train, and EU is really sparse so I would not recommend T3 if you play a lot in those time periods.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

How is Tier 3 looking?

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

SBI right now (11pm est, resest) has 3 map queues (EB, CD, SBI) and the 4th map has a large presence.

Reset night is awful since 2/3rds of T2 moved here. All 3 servers went from awesome to blobbing, with mag and sbi blobbing the hardest.

Luckily, most of the rest of the week is pretty chill. There will sometimes be a Q on whatever map bannok logs in to command on but thats about it (EB usually), and he only does it generally for 2 hrs during NA prime. roaming is really dependent on the enemy factions:

CD has a lot of good solo roamers, and its generally a good map to cruise around alone. Mag has a few roamers, but mostly I see them in “gank squads” of 2-5 guildies in organized specs that you probably wont outrun because their will be someone in the group who can sprint fast enough to tag you into combat. Ton of mag thieves and mesmers grouping and hunting together. If you have a small group of dedicated people Mag is probably going to give you fights more to your scale, but if youre alone they are a PITA.

I dont really recommend T3 at this point because within a few weeks 2 of the servers will be forced up into the hell hole of T2 that T1 decided to create out of boredom, and those servers will get ruined. T4 is probably a better bet, and has a nice buffer from the T2 wasteland.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

How is Tier 3 looking?

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

It’s pretty normal to have queues on reset night, but I didn’t notice very long queues myself beyond SBIBL which is pretty standard. I’m @ PST zone.

Attachments:

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

How is Tier 3 looking?

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

SBIBL did have a 40+ man queue going for quite awhile but there was always at least 1 map open. You definitely want a small group to roam with during prime time but the rest of the day is surprisingly roamer friendly. Also make sure you bring a good amount of condi removal, there are a crap ton of groups running with venoms and burn guards.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

How is Tier 3 looking?

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I dont really recommend T3 at this point because within a few weeks 2 of the servers will be forced up into the hell hole of T2 that T1 decided to create out of boredom, and those servers will get ruined. T4 is probably a better bet, and has a nice buffer from the T2 wasteland.

SoS and FA are way far ahead of any of us T3 servers so they’re not dropping anytime soon (barring a complete mass exodus from one of them but I don’t see that happeining). Neither one of them are losing that much Glicko and none of the T3 servers are gaining Glicko since we’re all pretty even.

Of the 3 T3 servers I would have said CD seems the lightest but somehow they’re ticking 600 now. Maybe they got some OCX?

How is Tier 3 looking?

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

SoS and FA are way far ahead of any of us T3 servers so they’re not dropping anytime soon (barring a complete mass exodus from one of them but I don’t see that happeining). Neither one of them are losing that much Glicko and none of the T3 servers are gaining Glicko since we’re all pretty even.

Of the 3 T3 servers I would have said CD seems the lightest but somehow they’re ticking 600 now. Maybe they got some OCX?

He is correct. The way glicko works, if there is a change, it will be multiple months at the earliest.

There was a 5 man queue on EB on reset night at 9 PM CST, one hour after reset, when I logged in on FA. No other borderlands had queues. FA after last night is +5 rating. That, of course, will change during the week but the gap between FA and YB is bigger than to T3. It is reasonably safe for an individual to move there.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

How is Tier 3 looking?

in WvW

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

Hello!

Just as the title stated. What is Mag and Stormbuff and Crystal like? Do commanders use TS? Is there alot of blobbing. How is the roaming? Im looking to transfer from a lower tier.

From SBI POV:
A lot of commanders use TS. NA mornings, it’s often not English friendly tho.
Yes there’s a lot of blobbing.
Solo roaming is rough most of the time.

I’d recommend a lower tier.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

How is Tier 3 looking?

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

SBIBL did have a 40+ man queue going for quite awhile but there was always at least 1 map open. You definitely want a small group to roam with during prime time but the rest of the day is surprisingly roamer friendly. Also make sure you bring a good amount of condi removal, there are a crap ton of groups running with venoms and burn guards.

Yea, I was there =p

It’s standard SBI behavior, because they tend to rally around the popular pugmanders. If there’s no commander, then people start running circles in citadel, possibly because they’ve never learned to actually navigate the map on their own although that may be rich coming from someone that dies from fall damage when trying to go to NE tower.

If anything, receiving other groups that will go to other maps has made reset night more bearable for those stuck in queue.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

How is Tier 3 looking?

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Something like that.

CD has the highest SEA pop by a long way, but there’s also a bit of Glicko levelling going on.

How is Tier 3 looking?

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

It’s filling up in NA.

EB is pretty fun, you’ll have 35-40 man groups with roaming packs or you’ll have multiple 15-25 man groups floating around on each side. During NA peak hours you can have 3 orange swords on borderlands where there’s a lot of fighting happening around the keeps.

When those guilds all converge into a single spot you probably have 50v50v50 + the dead running back.

How is Tier 3 looking?

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

Hello!

Don’t come to Maguuma, thanks.

How is Tier 3 looking?

in WvW

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

I can only speak from a roaming perspective (small group fights):

The roaming guilds I can think of off the top of my head:
- Maguuma has few roaming guilds: LAG, FEAR (Fearless kitten nal of Resolve), GF, vT.
- Crystal Desert has TKVA.
- SBI has gggg (don’t know if they play anymore).

The blobbing happens but it happens in every tier.

How is Tier 3 looking?

in WvW

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

Hello!

Don’t come to Maguuma, thanks.

What he said^ Mag’s NA is pretty stacked, we would much rather kill fight you. Plus trolls, even our gold spammers troll map chat on Mag, you probably wouldn’t like it here.

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma