How is WvW in bronze league?

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

i’m just curious because the lowest tier i’ve been is t4. in t6-8 do you guys queue any maps on reset night? does the average player/guild understand melee backline bombs and regroups? what kind of action is there during off hours, is it roamers only or do you guys get a zerg? for those of you who have been in gold league, do you prefer bronze league to gold? how come?

if there’s anything else or misconceptions about bronze league that you want to clear up please do.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I enjoyed bronze to a point when I was there. As far as queues, there was’nt much aside from certain times, say a bounce group all moving to one map to defend for example. We did have some great commanders for awhile that used some excellent strategy for capping and fights, unfortunately some of them left to soon. There was a lot of blobbing, more then I expected to be honest, but it kind of depends what server your on because bronze covers like 9 servers. There is a lot for roamers, and plenty of room for zerging. Personally having played through every tier and against every server I prefer T1 because its always busy, so it offers more for someone like me who zergs, havoks, scouts etc.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

T7 had a queue for EB last night during prime time. Not a common occurrence but it goes to show you bronze is far from dead.

Yes we know zerg tactics but we have a lot more freedom with our builds because there are a lot less organized zergs in bronze. The GWEN meta is only necessary when the enemy is running it in large numbers. If it’s a 10-15 man group trying to pull it off it is a lot more fun to scatter and pick them off while they try to stick together.

My guild only ran proper zerg builds a few times last week, reset night and in response to pushes from the other servers where we needed to shut them down. Other than that we focus on having fun.

Other than that the roaming action is about a thousand times better than what I found in the higher tiers.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

Bronze isn’t dead. No matter what the people from t1 trying to recruit more players from lower tiers say ;p

I have an alt on Deso which I barely play on. Sure the 24/7 blobbing might be interesting but I really don’t feel like I’m needed there. I’m always needed on UW and the people on UW are amazing <3 (That doesn’t mean deso is bad ofc, I enjoy deso from time to time.)

I think most of the servers in bronze(EU) can que maps but I’ve never once seen Underworld do it.

The off hours can be a little strange because they’re not really defined by anything. Sometimes all servers got 30-man zergs at 2p.m. and other times it’s all roamers, scouts and upgraders. There is alot of roamers down here and alot of them are very good at the game and nice people to talk or duel against. Sure sometimes you run into pure cheese builds but it’s much worse in the higher tiers.

I can’t say the average player on UW knows what “bomb” means and even if they did I doubt I’d have any success asking for it. Zerg-fights down here doesn’t always look the same like they often do in the top tiers, we run with what we have and it’s almost always people from all parts of the game: Roamers, uplvls, zergers, pve-players they’re all welcome to join-in and no one is forced or expected to change their style of play. Organization be kitten ed :P and there’s nothing more fun than creating a zerg of uncoordinated roamers and beating fully organized guilds.

Overall I have much more fun in bronze but I’m still amazed at the organization of high tier sevrers and I can see why people would be drawn to it.

Underworld – [ZERK]

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

The key to having fun in bronze is variety. Everything you can think of happens but not when your expecting it of course!

All the haters saying bronze is dead, your servers should be merged simply cannot comprehend the diversity of play. We can go from 1v1 to 30v30 very quickly, but sometimes its 1v30 too.

Our tactics and strat need to be flexible to deal with a constantly changing battlefield.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Not sure about NA, but EU bronze/low silver is still nice. Take a look at our fights ([So] Shellfish guild on Ring of Fire) if you want

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

does the average player/guild understand melee backline bombs and regroups?

that isnt limited to any specific subset of servers.

if the average player understood this, no server would constantly call another servers zergs trash, which is clearly not the case anywhere.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

I was in t6 since, well, basically forever. My server went to t4 recently. I can safely say the average skill level in bronze is insanely low by comparison. Pugs will not do regroups, heavies will not stick at all to commanders, and there’s very little TS participation. I kid you not, if you drop a fire field before a big fight in your stacked pug zerg, it’s very plausible that not a single person will blast (even then it’d rarely exceed 1-3 ppl blasting). Have fun getting them to intentionally blast waters mid fight lel. A pug zerg in t4 and above of equal size could easily 1 push a pug zerg down in bronze of equal size (we recently started running an on coms TS zerg with pretty much everyone in EB in the channel (map queue), the results have been mind blowingly positive, no guild or zerg in bronze could survive it IMO).

In tier 6 and below it’s very server dependant. The biggest servers (Maguuma or Ehmry Bay, depending on which one is unlucky enough to get thrust into t5) can field some zergs in the off hours. The rest can, at best, field a few people (can’t call it a zerg, the night capping servers down there other than the 2 mentioned have just a few ppl capping things) in the off hours.

In bronze, the meta is that zergs are stacked in EB, while roamers and occasional guild groups are in the bls. EB is not too different from higher tiers, definitely still less populated but there’s quite a bit of zerg/roaming action to be found there.

The guild groups there tend to be far, far less capable than the ones higher up. A decent guild from t2 would 1 push just about any guild currently in bronze (outside of maybe MR or CoT? idk).

For most servers in bronze, there is rarely if ever a queue, even on reset night (though it can happen, it’s not unheard of).

To summarize, the skill level of bronze is terribad when it comes to anything large scale. Roaming is not significantly less skill than t4/5 from what I can see though (but t4/5 are less skilled than t2 I’m told). You will get plenty of fights during most hours of the day if you stick to EB. But I’d it’s very improbable any orange swords would pop in SEA/OCX outside of reset night or fights involving the top t6 server.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Synosius.9876

Stack and push is the only way to play because it always wins!

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

i will have to agree with Arius. Larger scale battles with the average pug is pretty bad, about half of a pug zerg will listen to commander, not much GWEN is shown, and fair weathering is a larger factor imo . Maybe its the fact that these lower tier servers always fight the same servers and never really improve if they keep farming the same bodies.

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

It is largely because most of us have no need to learn the GWEN/Zerg meta, because we can’t pull it off reliably (not enough reliable numbers). Many of the lower tier servers are also the least organized, and thus lowest participation on VOIP/TS etc.

Most people down here are roamers in one way or another, roamers are the ones that enjoy it down here. And on that aspect we don’t lose out, I doubt that most of the higher tiers would do well roaming against the bronze

This also further emphasis the zerg problem, because most zerg so little that they don’t bother change their builds around to much for a zerg, perhaps swap a weapon or something. So when we get zergs, it is usually zergs with roamer builds You know dagger/pistol thieves, longbow rangers, medi guardians, nike warriors etc.

*Insert break for high tier players weeping*

but you know what, I love it down here Then again I’m near allergic to zerg fighting, and tend to play PvE on reset night for that reason.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

(edited by joneirikb.7506)

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

meh, roamers are all the same, although i have never solo roamed in T1. There will always be the good duelist/roamer, condi tanks, and the slow ones whose zerg has left behind in every tier. Haha, yeah I also tend to go zerg fighting with my roaming build. Gotta enjoy the game’s combat system.

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

The only difference in roaming that I find going higher up is that there’s more cheese builds. And more thieves. Way more thieves. I don’t think higher up is necessarily less skilled at all in roaming, I’d say about the same… but roamers are a bit more “do it yourself” in bronze. Up here, in silver, most seem to settle for capping camps and a tower here and there, down there roamers got as much done as guild groups do up here. A good roaming group could paper a t3 keep, or k train a paper BL, which is next to impossible the higher you go. Roaming is more bold in bronze, which I do miss.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

What killed me when I roamed in the higher tiers is you would catch ”roaming” groups of 15 that would only cap camps and wouldn’t even attempt a tower.

I ran into a handful of good roamers when I played in tier 2-5, the majority were free bags that would rage quit when you downed them and then come back with 6-10 people to try and catch you.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

I have played/roamed in t1,3,5, and now 7/8. On average, the rosters are better in t 7/8, but the BEST roamers I have seen are t3, but most people on t3 aren’t that great. I really like it down at t7/8, as the smaller ther pup the higher the skill, and the later the group, the less skill the individual has (usually, there are exceptions). This means small groups can have very fun fights against larger groups, and good fights against groups of the same size. Every so often, you will rofl stomp someone, but it is usually just the difference between great and good roamers.

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Roaming in T3 (Piken Square) was really easy, roaming in T1 (Seafrer’s Rest) is extremely hard. Much more better players (better geared and acting) and a way more chances to being just steamrolled by some blob.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I have to agree that many who start in bronze dont know kitten about tactics, strategy, builds etc regarding wvw. But not all, servers that were high rank, and drop will still retain a good amount of WvW veterans who are more then willing to train players and guide them for wvw. You can always learn this stuff, its not the hardest thing in the world, the problem is many are unwilling to learn for various reason or just not interested in wvw at all.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Synosius.9876

here in t8 we do have alot of new players and pve’rs who are trying wvw for the first time. There not much of a cushion to fall back on, when we get into a 5v5 and just 1 person kittens up, its prolly gonna be a wipe. if your lacking in skill its rly obvious.

but we accept all kinds down here in the ghettos of wvw
Im proud of the players who started with me at wvw rank 1 and are now tagging up as commanders. you dont need a guild or much anything to become someone recognized, just the courage to step up.