How is WvW?

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I need a vet of WvW and not kitten troll to tell me the state of WvW because my first time since the new maps dropped in the game and I’m not impressed one bit. I’ll create an overview post later but here is my first impressions. It was boring. The maps seem to be massvely under populated since you barely see anyone, never mind you the massive fights over keeps and things. But as I said an overview post later.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Its garbage right now, a complete and total mess.

-The New map is a giant jumping puzzle/maze with countless deadends. The verticality and levels kitten off many people including me because it makes navigation difficult, especially when trying to run to fights. This has also caused many to simply play on EB abandoning the bl’s and therefore ignoring ppt, and those decreasing numbers that choose to keep playing wvw are basically just coming for fights.

-To many bugs, glitches, exploits that anet simply does not care about fixing. The frustration is through the roof with many of us, and anet simply continues ignoring the problems while promising us grand changes.

-They added so much gimmicky garbage and pve to wvw its truly unbelievable. Kill dinosaurs to power a lazer that hits every keep gate on the new map…good call anet. Oh don’t forget everyone starts lagging like crazy while this event is going on. Its so bad that players will simply leave the map or stop fighting and wait till the event is over. Banners are easily abused, overpowered, and unbalanced etc etc. All the gimmicks they added favor defense, which creates an imbalance between offense and defense. Offense is essential in wvw to keep ppt going. Making offense more and more harder and frustrating, and guess what people will just say screw it, I’m just gonna play for fights.

- Too much guild stuff has been gated behind grind and gold walls. Features that a guild had previously unlocked before HoT, now have to be unlocked again. And the unlocks have a ridiculous pricetag. Level 37 guild hall just to get a +5 for example. Small guilds are essentially screwed over, and wont have access to buffs they already had unlocked before HoT. Its just a giant gold sink, that requires grinding tons of pve.

-Balance has been nonexistant for so long, anet has basically just thrown that word around so much its lost all meaning because there has been no real action to back it up.

-Anet has essentially been promoting a very unpopular gamestyle called “pirate-shipping” which started months ago with the stability nerfs. This is essentially where enemy groups just range each other. Combine that with condition damage buffs, out of control damage from skills, spammable CC’s, it creates a very boring and not very fun game. On top of that you have no attention given to siege damage, so people will constantly bunker up and hump siege like ac’s all day long.

Those things are just part of the problem, believe it or not there’s more. Thats how bad anet screwed up, and that’s how amazingly ignorant they are. But its ok, they have metrics.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Pros:
- The new borderlands map is beautiful.
- More objectives to fight over.
- Commander squad improvements are fantastic for coordinating groups.
- Objective upgrade timers and tiers are now visible for players in map.

Cons:
- No players on borderlands.

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

WvW is dead…RIP.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

WvW is dead…RIP.

Why kill Baldrick? Don’t you at least want to hear his cunning plan first?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Everything you need to know is right here

https://youtu.be/4LhvuomaJaY

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

Watching Anet this past year has been like watching the NY Giants the last half of every game this season…

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Babytater.6803

Babytater.6803

I am still having a blast and I am even in T8 NA! My guild and I recently transferred back down to our home of ET and we have been having a blast down here. Relaxed and we actually have good fights down here as well. There are a surprising amount of people during prime time.

DON’T listen to these guys saying every aspect of WvW sucks. Because it doesn’t. They are just coming onto the forums being cry babies. Anet is doing some balances mid January if I remember correctly which will help some of the big problems.

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The fact that their maps got busier and busier, with more and more PvE — from the bloodlust ruins to EotM to the fail BL — despite players telling them not to do that tells us they don’t understand how players enjoy the game mode.

They can promise to put 100% of their dev time on WvW, but this fact means that time will be wasted on “fixes” that will likely make things even worse.

Though it’s tough to get worse than it is now. (Maybe introduce golem rush month?)

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

The less seriously you take WvW, the more you’ll enjoy it. That’s the way ANet is driving the game mode. They are taking any aspects of the game mode that a serious guild can use to become successful (especially the PvP aspects) and dropping a fat log on it.

So if you want to enjoy WvW, enjoy it casually.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I do not consider myself 100% WvW vet but I’ve played enough to know what’s going on atm…

I’ve literally played post HoT, maybe around 2 hours worth of Desert Borderlands WvW and I dislike it immensely.

PROs (nothing too significant):

• New map is visually beautiful to look at
  • Shield Generator Blueprint(s) are a nice addition to tactical/strategic use
  • Many more objectives/locations/areas to capture/defend/fight over
  • Squad system is fantastic; definitely aids with supply management; groupings etc
  • Sentries made more useful by tracking enemy movement on map (similar to EOTM turret spy things)
  • Some lords/bosses don’t merely melt in health now; actually gives time to get there and react/defend (debatable)
  • Few basic QoL features regarding Squad system, Guild system improvements, objective timers on map, pop-up alert(s) when objectives have been taken by an enemy etc

CONs: (echoing large portion of WvW community)

• New maps are useless for actual WvW gameplay (frustrating, too large, ridiculously time-consuming to navigate, towers do not have a purpose anymore)
  • Automatic upgrades (unhealthy little/no ‘human interaction’ gameplay)
  • Vast amount of PvE gimmicks & trashy oasis middle of map event
  • ‘Pirate-ship’ meta than ever before (recent balance patches) impacting fun-factor of good old WvW times (I am biased in that I enjoyed hammer-train meta way way way better than what we are stuck with now)
  • Many weird bugs/broken things that do not get fixed
  • Map is dead (self explanatory in this thread post)
  • HoT expansion literally took away stuff we UNLOCKED and LOCKED them behind a massive, ungodly, expensive “PvE” guild hall grind (no more +5 supply unless you have a large guild that has a lot of spare time/money etc)
  • Provides little incentive to play other than “passion for WvW” primarily due to no recent tournaments, stagnant WvW match-ups, ANet focusing on other content/game-modes etc

I don’t know. Most of that is opinion & agreement with many other posts I’ve seen sprawled out on these WvW forums.

Is WvW really dead or am I just a sheep still mindlessly following the herd & hoping things will get better? …

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The worst problem with WvW today isnt even that the new border is kittenty design, its that it put players on two sides of the fence and make them annoy each other to no end.

People on EB think they are playing the “real” WvW with 100 man queues on reset, fights over PPT and they get all the gir… I mean commanders. To them, anyone on a border is an idiot that play for PPT or PvD, so they dont go there.

People on borders are trying to play WvW, but since there are few enemies and more often than not even fewer friendlies, they are forced to cap things to have somewhat fun. What fights that happen between 20 vs 20 is great, but loose or win, you lost anyway. If you loose, half your force go somewhere else to AFK queue EB making it impossible to have another fight. If you win, you wont see the enemy again. To border peeps, EB peeps are kittenes that dont help the server trying to play WvW across all maps.

Remember the good old days when borders could ask for help on EB and players actually played like a friendly community, a server?

No more.

Its not like I dont understand why this is happening (psychology 101), its just sad to see. Everyone get tired of playing like this.

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Anet is doing some balances mid January if I remember correctly which will help some of the big problems.

March or April.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Anet is doing some balances mid January if I remember correctly which will help some of the big problems.

March or April.

yep and on top of that, every time anet balances, they balance around spvp as they refuse to split the game mode which made wvw balance a disaster ever since they decided to use spvp balance in wvw.. thats why war was nearly unkillable in wvw, theives 1 shot everyone, mesmers were made useless(before patch that allowed them to actually use shatters without clones) rangers were a disaster until rapidfire buff….gwen meta was out of control and nowadays balance is still a joke. if u really want wvw balanced, split it form spvp balance like it used to be.

u simply cant balance a game mode that allows guild buffs, siege and food, that is all about massive groupfights and battles with a gamemode that has no foodbuffs little to no siege and is based on 1v1- 5v5 matchups.

wvw was way better balanced before anet decided to be lazy and not split wvw from spvp balance.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

How is WvW you ask…

It could be better especially if you can ignore the headstone…

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

After 3 years, I finally got 100% map completion! And 100% for VB too!

I hate to say this, but unfortunately in terms of quality, HoT is strictly a pve upgrade. WvW is still fun during evenings and sometimes early mornings, but it’s definitely very troublesome at times and most of the action is skewed towards reset night. Which is on Saturday, btw.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

March or April.

…of 2017.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Boring, unrewarding, waste of time…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Don’t forget the amazing class balance…

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Don’t forget the amazing class balance…

Yeah! That too!!!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

How is WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

Gather your friends and start play black desert and maybe if enough people switch game anet might consider the stability change ^^