How is this ok?

How is this ok?

in WvW

Posted by: ors.1398

ors.1398

Hey Anet,
Please take a look at the server matchups in the last months..
Why have you let this go on for so long?
How is it OK for matches to end with 100k point difference week after week?
And now, instead of reducing the chance of servers to meet 7-8 ranks above them, you decide that we should just fight servers 12 ranks above us.. without any way to get out of it.. are you serious?
It doesn’t make sense for a business to make their customers frustrated, is there an explanation behind this?
I’m really curious how you guys make decisions over there..

How is this ok?

in WvW

Posted by: Tsezar.6950

Tsezar.6950

i rather have diffferent server to play agianst even if teh yare much higher ranks then to play all weeks agianst same servers

I PLay Without Hands To Have [Fun]

How many Dzagonurs and Gunnars do you need to kill me? Over 9000!!

How is this ok?

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

It’s all part of anet’s plan to get rid of the hardcore wvw players so they can focus more on pve.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

How is this ok?

in WvW

Posted by: Tietus.8013

Tietus.8013

My guess is it is all to do with the League, to give them sufficient data to know with reasonable confidence that when Server A plays Server B + C, what their expected PPT score should be for a “par” score. From that, they will be able to work out who is actually winning a matchup – ie, I don’t think winning a matchup by 200k will necessarily mean you win the week.

[VR] Tietus
Maguuma

How is this ok?

in WvW

Posted by: TheAmpca.1753

TheAmpca.1753

Because fighting the same 2 servers for months on end was making everyone bored of WvW. I personally love this change, sure you don’t always have an even match up but it’s a lot more interesting than fighting the same boring servers every week.

How is this ok?

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Maybe there is an underlying core issue that anet has to address? Like population difference? Until those are addressed its only fun to play different servers when they aren’t rolling you personally. Is this system better than the old one? Yes due to free server transfers being gone. Is the matchup system still absurd when it matches servers which should not be matched? yes

Does it make business sense to loose a lot of WvW player? No,
But incompetence is incompetence.

How is this ok?

in WvW

Posted by: Astaroth.5146

Astaroth.5146

Although I don’t fully understand the idea of having only 2 leagues in NA, I’m giving the benefit of the doubt to Anet and I’ll simply wait to see how it goes. The league mechanic gave me and idea to tweek the actual match up to minimize the rank disparities in some of the match up. NA has 24 server right and having rank #12 fight rank # 4 makes no sense at all but happens sometime. Use the league mechanic for march up. Split NA servers into 4 unoficial league of 6 servers and use the current random system inside the unoficial leagues. That way we get to have variation in the matchs but will as worst be matched against a server 5 ranks higher than ours. I think that would be nice. Hope I didn’t confuse anyone with the term league, the suggestion has nothing to do with the incoming “tournament”, it’s a simple idea to make is so the current system would still be used but without the “ridiculous” match up that happens with servers facing other servers that are way to high ranking compared to them.

Jezebèl – Mag
Behind every red name there is a human being just like you. Respect your enemies :)

How is this ok?

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

The issue of always fighting the same servers week after week was really only the bottom 3-4 and the top 3-4.

So at MOST it was 8 of 24 servers with that problem. The other 16 servers could get different matches.

If you were on a stacked server that was fighting for number 1 spot with only other stacked servers… that is YOUR fault. So instead of moving (like I and a few other did) to try and balance out the population… you complain and cry… and get catered to.

So enjoy your more random server matchups… until all the other servers are not even playing WvW anymore cause of the population issues… and you can get a full week of doing nothing in WvW rather then a full week of playing the same servers.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

How is this ok?

in WvW

Posted by: gwfanboy.2496

gwfanboy.2496

Are you getting shafted and still playing the game?

If yes, then they don’t give a kitten.

The only way to respond to customer negligence is to abandon the product.

Money speaks. Whining on forums doesn’t.

Necromancer, Devonas Rest Are My Harlots [PIMP]

How is this ok?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I do have to agree on this, the range in the RNG Match up is a tad to much, keep it max 5up 5down so everybody can have fun.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

How is this ok?

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

It’s all part of anet’s plan to get rid of the hardcore wvw players so they can focus more on pve.

You hit the target with great precision.

Well done.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth