How many WvW ranks to unlock elite spec?

in WvW

Posted by: Wishes.3021

Wishes.3021

I’m confused, I’ve heard from multiple people that it requires 200 WvW levels to unlock all 400 HP for a full elite spec. However I’ve been gaining 6 proofs of heroic per WvW level and to my knowledge a Maguuma HP only costs 5 proofs of heroics which gives 10 HP total. This means it should take only around 33 WvW levels to obtain all 400 hero points. Am I mistaken or could somebody please clarify for me?

in WvW

Posted by: Mystogan.6832

Mystogan.6832

The ratio is 1 Proof of Heroics to 1 Hero Point. The Notarized scroll of heroics that costs 1 Proof of Heroics gives 1 Hero Point, and the Notarized Scroll of Maguuma Heroics which costs 10 Proof of Heroics gives 10 Hero Points. So the speed is dependent on how many Proof of Heroics you can get from your rank ups.

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

The chest of mists give 2-4 proof of heroics (it’s random). You’re mistaken: you only got 6 proof of heroics due to bonus chests.

5 Proof of Heroics gives 10 Hero Points if you use Maguuma scrolls , but now they changed to 10 proofs. (see https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/earning-hero-points-in-world-vs-world/)

It could take anywhere from 25 WvW levels (8 per level , 4 per chest) to 100 WvW levels (2 per chest , no bonus chests) for 400 hero pts depending on the bonus chests. Now it is double that.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Wishes.3021

Are you sure Mystogan? I haven’t had a chance to go to the vendors yet but here is a quote taken directly from the news page when hero point farming in WvW was announced “Combining 5 proofs and 150 Badges of Honor yields 1 Notarized Scroll of Maguuma Heroics.”

in WvW

Wishes.3021

The chest of mists give 2-4 proof of heroics (it’s random). You’re mistaken: you only got 6 proof of heroics due to bonus chests.

I don’t know how bonus chests work but apparently I have over 60 remaining, and even when I used to farm in EoTM I never ran out of bonus chests?

in WvW

Mystogan.6832

That maybe the case, but I was pretty sure that when I went to the vendor it was the ratios that I said. And it says it like that on the wiki as well. But I was gone all weekend and only have had the chance to play for 1 day and so I have only been to the vendor once. So I could be mistaken. And I hope that this is the case cause it would mean a lot less Proof of Heroics that I have to get!

in WvW

Mystogan.6832

Bonus world chests are granted every week based on your server’s performance. 3 chests for 1st, 2 chests for 2nd, and 1 chest for 3rd. You get the bonus chests when you rank up. This means that you must have had a long period of time where you did not WvW to have that many chests (a minimum of 20 weeks).

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

That maybe the case, but I was pretty sure that when I went to the vendor it was the ratios that I said. And it says it like that on the wiki as well. But I was gone all weekend and only have had the chance to play for 1 day and so I have only been to the vendor once. So I could be mistaken. And I hope that this is the case cause it would mean a lot less Proof of Heroics that I have to get!

When I checked yesterday (prior to the vendor being disabled) it was one proof = 1 notarized scroll and 10 proofs = 1 Magumma scroll.

in WvW

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

From my experience, it can take around 150 WvW levels to get the entire elite specialization. Bonus chests are only given at the start of every matchup, and its only 3 or 4 rounds of extra chests. And about the ratio of proofs, each chest can give from 2 to 4 proofs, but most of the times you’ll get 2.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

From my experience, it can take around 150 WvW levels to get the entire elite specialization. Bonus chests are only given at the start of every matchup, and its only 3 or 4 rounds of extra chests. And about the ratio of proofs, each chest can give from 2 to 4 proofs, but most of the times you’ll get 2.

I opened 15 chests last night and at least 8 of them gave 3. the rest were split between 2 and 4 proofs per chest. It’s completely random as far as I can tell.

in WvW

Posted by: corwen.5798

corwen.5798

Finally someone almost gets it^^
400 HP required for full elite spec & 1 HP requires 1 proof.
Best case scenario: every chest drops 4 poofs, it’ll take 100 WvW ranks.
Worst case scenario: every chest drops 2 poofs, so it’ll take 200 WvW ranks.
On long term you’ll average at 3, so 134 WvW ranks is what it’s gonna take in average.

in WvW

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

So does this mean we should roll new WvW characters, rank up, delete, repeat? Since you gain WvW levels faster in the beginning, isn’t it more efficient to make smurf accounts, transfer over the proofs and then start over?

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Finally someone almost gets it^^
400 HP required for full elite spec & 1 HP requires 1 proof.
Best case scenario: every chest drops 4 poofs, it’ll take 100 WvW ranks.
Worst case scenario: every chest drops 2 poofs, so it’ll take 200 WvW ranks.
On long term you’ll average at 3, so 134 WvW ranks is what it’s gonna take in average.

Except this is Anet RNG, so expect an average nearer 2 then 4…

200 ranks at an average of 2 an hour (3 if booster in eotm)= 100 hours of k-training, per character. That’s about 2 months per toon, times 10…and if the badge requirement stays in I’ll run out of badges way before then.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

So does this mean we should roll new WvW characters, rank up, delete, repeat? Since you gain WvW levels faster in the beginning, isn’t it more efficient to make smurf accounts, transfer over the proofs and then start over?

The proofs and notary are soulbound, not account bound. You are going to have to level on the character you want to get the points for.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: corwen.5798

corwen.5798

The proofs and notary are soulbound, not account bound. You are going to have to level on the character you want to get the points for.

Sell, you can rank up, not open chest, Switch Charakter and open then…

in WvW

Posted by: Jehovazilla.5849

Jehovazilla.5849

Right now it would take infinite WvW ranks, since there is no way to level your elite spec in WvW, they disabled it (“until further notice”, I’m sure). So the whole discussion is moot.

On the bright side, my real life just cleared up…. until further notice.

in WvW

Infusion.7149

That’s what tomes are for :P

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

132 levels to get 402 HP points on my thief. I am on pace for a similar amount on my rev.

FYI, pick the easy to get points in the new PvE area then start in on the WvW levels. You can get 100 points in PvE very quickly.

Oh and it took just over 40 hours in Tier 2 WvW mostly in EB flipping everything I could. There was some EotM when the flipping dried up. I avoided the BL maps like the plague after playing there for a few hours.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Jehovazilla.5849

Jehovazilla.5849

FYI, pick the easy to get points in the new PvE area then start in on the WvW levels. You can get 100 points in PvE very quickly.

Not true now. But here’s hoping it will be again someday. Right now the only way to level your elite is PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Noblehawk.8036

Noblehawk.8036

Apparently u only need 250 HP (soonTM).

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/heads-up-iteration-incoming/

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

i was told the average for the 400 point in terms of rank chest would be 137 so im guessing 137/2 for the new total whenever that is released.

in WvW

Infusion.7149

Got put in tonight.