How many quit playing WvW since new maps?

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Im just wondering how many are like me:
-Played 100% wvw & LOVED IT! before the expansion and new maps.
-Can’t handle the new maps becuase they are to big & messy & pve.
-Just play some EB sometimes but… the fun is gone because the maps are empty & everything about WvW just feels….lost becuase of the changes.
-Have actually tested PvE since the expansion but.. well it aren’t so fun as the old-days-WvW.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

BLs are empty, EB has server blobs against our 20 people max, most of the time.

Fun times.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

-Just play some EB sometimes but… the fun is gone because the maps are empty & everything about WvW just feels….lost becuase of the changes.
-Have actually tested PvE since the expansion but.. well it aren’t so fun as the old-days-WvW.

If there were enough players to fill the new maps you’d be having fun.
You compare a map you played for 3 years to the new one.
It’s normal that you feel confused and not accustomed to the layout.
Play this map for 3 years and it will look as simple and normal as the
old one.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

50+ man Q in T1 for EBG during NA Prime… no Qs in BLs. I Q up and then head to a BL until EBG comes up. Reset is the only time I see a Q on the BLs and that is a very recent occurrence.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

50+ man Q in T1 for EBG during NA Prime… no Qs in BLs. I Q up and then head to a BL until EBG comes up. Reset is the only time I see a Q on the BLs and that is a very recent occurrence.

9:00 PM central time had 18 queue on EBG, 9 man Queue on YBBL and 21 man Queue on JQBL tonight. Not sure what prime time is to you though.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Typhus.3502

Typhus.3502

It was pretty slow right after the expansion, but last week was probably the best week in terms of fun and epic fights I’ve had in months. There are map queues and threeways in eb and the borderlands every single day, the action never stops. (NA prime) I didn’t like the new maps at first, but we’ve had some fantastic fights on them since then. I could do without the size and some of the pve mechanics, but it’s not that bad. Been raiding every day, hope it continues.

[TW] Pumped

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

I am more often in EOTM, than in WvW. i like the new WvW Map besides the stupid PvE event but they are so empty.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

Play less in wvw now with the new xpac, close to only at prime time. At off peak time I farm in eotm, I need 20 more level to unlock all ability.
Will probably stop playing in few weeks if they don’t change the auto upgrade and remove the central event. Maybe just join some times at prime time for 1H or 2, but not more. Was used to play for hours at off peak times..

in WvW

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Yeah I’m spending most of my time in Orr or sPvP now. There are simply not enough players (and often no commanders) in WvW. No players, no game mode.

New BLs are so meh. Who decided we needed to spend more time running from place to place? And going around all those bloody map features trying to get an objective?

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

old one.

It’s not so much the layout I (and I think a lot of others) don’t like. It’s the mechanics.

in WvW

Posted by: blubberblasen.3901

blubberblasen.3901

i was every day in the OLD borderlands
I loved them very much.
i never played in ebg because it was bad design … and laggy and too much blobbing..

since “hot” i was 1 time in WvW and it was … terrible ..
they killed wvw for me.. i hate the ebg and the new borderlands are a joke …

i was a solo / small group player, now iam back to 90 % spvp …

the best part: i wanted to have rune of the leadership in wvw for my ele… forget it.. you have to grind 1000 hours @ dragon stand to get the runes.
They are NOT obtainable in WvW …..

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Play much less now, the new map is constructed wrong. It is much much smaller than the old map if you take out the part you can move, its small tunnels you move in.

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I did 15-30 min in WvW and completed dailys. Now i donĀ“t complete them. As roamer i feel the empty maps and especially i hate running longer to reach destinations that are on the other side. Put waypoints in the towers/keeps that are not contestet just by shooting at a guard or wall. Like they get only contestet when the inner wall is attacked.
Also make dolyaks and camps much more important! the whole WvW sould be heavily dependent on suplies and the rewoards for holdign keeps + towers much greater like getting XP and loot boons in WvW for holding them.

in WvW

Posted by: spacepanda.4285

spacepanda.4285

I don’t hate the new BL’s but if you are seeing large fights or threeways in them outside of reset you must be in T1 – in T2 it’s dead most of the time and people don’t even bother to defend garri. Pure ktrain. Can’t imagine what it’s like below T3 – fighting empty fortified keeps and towers must get really old. Really tried to be positive, I don’t hate them, but it’s frustrating to see no one playing in anything but EB. Had 4 commanders tonight on EBG primetime against organized blobs, instead of heading to other maps we fell divided to SE and CERN. Hope things change.

(edited by spacepanda.4285)

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

It was pretty slow right after the expansion, but last week was probably the best week in terms of fun and epic fights I’ve had in months. There are map queues and threeways in eb and the borderlands every single day, the action never stops. (NA prime) I didn’t like the new maps at first, but we’ve had some fantastic fights on them since then. I could do without the size and some of the pve mechanics, but it’s not that bad. Been raiding every day, hope it continues.

^This.

It pretty much sucked right after launch, but recently I have had some amazing large- and small scaled fights.
I certain that the reason for the slow start was due to players doing pve stuff, not bad layout of the borderlands.

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

I quit World vs World for now. I was in all the Stress Tests for the new map and it looked very promising from a roaming point of view. One thing that immediately was clear though was the lack of players. I assumed this was just because they didn’t invite the maximum amount that could fit on the map. So I was very positive at the end of the stress tests, I assumed once we all got to play it, it would become a ton of fun.

Sadly, this isn’t true for me right now. Perhaps as a raider you can get some joy out of it but for a roamer? There is nothing. So until there is a decent crowd for me to battle with (or I hear that other roamers start playing again which I highly doubt), I will remain in PvP. Perhaps roaming was never something ArenaNet intended for World vs World so it’s for the better we, roamers, leave the mode.

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

(edited by Wolfar.6508)

in WvW

Wolfric.9380

Well. Roming is the reason to play this game for me and a lot of people i know ….
Of my RL friends all GW2 players are WvW players …. Not a single one plays sPvP and PvE only for gear and resources and levling kept at minimum.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in WvW

Posted by: C Gunner.9406

C Gunner.9406

Its dead. To the people who think people will come back after doing HOT content, then you’re wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Its dead. To the people who think people will come back after doing HOT content, then you’re wrong.

That’s funny because I’ve seen alot of change the past week. Higher amount of players coming back. Might just be my server, but I doubt it.

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

9:00 PM central time had 18 queue on EBG, 9 man Queue on YBBL and 21 man Queue on JQBL tonight. Not sure what prime time is to you though.

9pm in EU: 12 man q for EB, no queues in other maps, checked other maps, no one around. Although there was a q for EB, on entering there was maybe 25 on the tag and about 15 wall flowers dotted around the map (alts logged in and doing nothing..).

Hence why our experiences of wvw are vastly different- you play on a stacked server on NA whilst over here on EU there seems to be a complete disconnect since the new maps landed.

A quick straw poll of my friends list (those actually online, many have quit) showed that most weren’t interested in playing on the new BL, will pop in to EB for some fun and fights and maybe do EoTM for better rewards/collecting HP/fights.

Not seeing any pick up in numbers – and since people should have been overjoyed at a new map after 3 years and would have chosen it over anything else if they liked it, I don’t think those saying ‘people will come back’ are looking at it from the right direction.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

old one.

It’s not so much the layout I (and I think a lot of others) don’t like. It’s the mechanics.

Exactly. To me the auto upgrade system is what sucks the fun out of it, not so much the terrain. Its rather easy to get used to it which im doing now.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Myrmidone.4362

Myrmidone.4362

EU T2 here, as it seems people are coming back, EBG full as always except mornings.
Borderlands dead at mornings, but at primetime i saw plenty of Guilds raiding.
We even had a queue at one Border.
People should relax a bit.
The only ones who are kittened so far are the roamers.
Only opportunity are EBG for them till the Rotation starts.

Greets Myrmi

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

If there were enough players to fill the new maps you’d be having fun.
You compare a map you played for 3 years to the new one.
old one.

nope its not done that yesterday, its still crap all 4 maps had queue and still 2 out of 3 borderlands felt empty.. beside that its impossible to go around as small group now u will not be able to do anything on borderlands if people deffend with same small group.

A) takes years to open something cus of auto upgrade kitten
B) since upgrades are auto most forts have tons of supply inside giving deffenders a hell alot of stuff to play with.

its just not same anymore i fully agree with the guy who started the topic, used to love it now it feels dull and nothing more then event map where stuff gets harder to take every “30 mins”.
im hoping for a change also just farming random stuff in PvE now to kill sometime but eventually ill get bored of that also and most likely will just quit and come back months later to see if something has changed..

tbh its not just the new maps that made WvW dull like i said auto upgrades etc not needing supply to upgrade ur kitten no human interaction to do upgrades etc etc..

the new maps it self are not just to big, some places are forced into stupid bridges or other things where ranged class can nuke from A to B instantly.
and as melee u have to first run over narrow bridge B then go over a kittenty small corner to reach bridge A where the ranged classes are hitting u.

so ranged class can hit w/e he sees while melee have to run all around in order to get a hit off, yes im aware old maps had this also but old maps had most fights on open spots these dull choke spots where not near towers/keeps just a very few spots.
now it feels pretty much whole borderlands have build up out of this stuff, and dont get me wrong i play ranged from time to time also i kittening love it to wreck people like that, but its simply ruins the fun for others.

new maps have more then 1 problem dont blame it just on size the way ur forced to run sometimes also annoys me cus everything is blocked off by either massive wall or deep kittening cliff?(how u say this)

not much will change soon anyway, i dont see Anet changing new maps for old maps i mean they spend tons of time on this and most likely they are proud of the maps thus changing back to old stuff i wont see it happen..

in WvW

Wolfric.9380

Still would like three diffrent BL Maps :-). Desert, Alpine, and a third more open field one …

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

old one.

Exactly. To me the auto upgrade system is what sucks the fun out of it, not so much the terrain. Its rather easy to get used to it which im doing now.

Terrain is… workable… but the position and layout of keeps is all backwards and the autoupgrade is a gameplay failure.

But granted, fixing the autoupgrades will probably have a huge impact and at least restore EB.

in WvW

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I think many enjoy WvW still, but many plays it as a secondary objective. Those are focusing on getting masteries up, and will once Return in time. We also need WvW tournys back, despite its differences. It would also be wise to listen to some of the more adept WvWers in this forum as theyve given good feedback of how to improve current systems, one can, once again, only hope that Anets deaf ears listens.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

We need bulldozer that flaten the map and remove auto upgrade and so you cant shoot trough wall, gate, roofs, limit AOE distance up in the air something like 33% of the main distance.

It should be a challange to do something not simple numbers, same gose with defens, if your on a treb/cata you will need to loob in the shoot over your wall not shoot at your own wall.

(edited by Shadow.3475)

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

There are more battles on EotM than the boarder lands now, I went into the BL today and 3 of us where running around for near 25 mins and we didn’t see 1 other person on the map, WvW is dead for me, ill just run EotM with the WvW guild, it see’s way more action.

Lets face it, for 3 years we didn’t really get any attention given to WvW, it wasn’t really a money maker for them, I feel sorry for the Dev’s who designed these new maps, as now they just sit empty, and the worst thing was, the people who tested the maps for Anet before launch, told Anet the maps where far to big, and they gave us them anyway,

Like I said in another post, if you are WvW player looking for fights, either go EB or EotM or don’t bother playing.

in WvW

Posted by: TheQuickFox.3826

TheQuickFox.3826

For now I dislike the new maps but I haven’t given them a good chance yet. Mostly play at EB for the time being. The desert maps are without commanders most of the time. Because I fail at roaming alone in unknown enemy territories, I’ll wait for commanders to arrive to learn the maps with a group, when I’ll decide if I like them or not.

Ascalon will prevail!

GW Wiki user pageĀ Ā |Ā Ā GW2 Wiki user page

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I’ve never enjoyed roaming in EB and the new bl is terrible for roamers. I have probably given the new bl 15-20 hours hoping I would start to enjoy it but the layout and mechanics are terrible for WvW.

I haven’t played since friday, SPvP just isn’t enough to keep me interested in this game and WvW is ruined.

I’m keeping my eye on the game in the hopes that they will fix it, and I may jump in for a guild run every so often, but GW2 is no longer part of my daily routine.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Wolfric.9380

—> GW2 is no longer part of my daily routine.

I am tempted to play but it moved the same direction for me. I want roming action and reach camps and encounters resonable fast. It OK to be a bit layered and have multiple ways but the chosen points have to be reachable fast enough (about 1 minute) Waypoints migh help greatly!
Also resources and camps have to play a huge roll.

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

I hated EB. I never went there because it was an endless karma train (then they introduced EotM).
Now they introduced new borderlands and I feel like going to EB to have at least a little fun.

The new borderlands (and EotM) were terrible ideas that killed everything what was good in wvw.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Slowly moving away from WvW now. Been playing other games more and more. Planetside 2, EQ2…even, ugh…ESO. So have something to keep me busy until another wvw type game launches.

Have played the new maps a bit. But they are all but deserted except in NA Prime. Even then its usually just one zerg k-training on a given BL. EB is usually queued 20+ deep by the time I get home during the week.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

You want WvW population to spike back up? Add reward chests that contain super rare items from PvE/Fractals (i.e. Auric Ingot) and gold. Participation % required, cumulative tracking to weekly events participated in and goes from 0-200% just like PvE events. Exclude EotM from participation. Win win.

This is not a farm. This is not EotM. This is actual players being involved in either taking/defending WvW objectives. Sure, you’ll have some farmers but you’ll actually have a slew of real participating players that are not inhibited by farming PvE equivalents just to fund time spent in WvW.

You want rank to mean something, make it so the % Participation automatically goes up after you make 100% in the week by 1% every 100 ranks over 1000. But that doesn’t stop with adding rank value after that.

The key is tuning the 100%-150% participation to ~8 hours or so of WvW time per week.

in WvW

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

You want WvW population to spike back up? Add reward chests that contain super rare items from PvE/Fractals (i.e. Auric Ingot) and gold. Participation % required, cumulative tracking to weekly events participated in and goes from 0-200% just like PvE events. Exclude EotM from participation. Win win.

This is not a farm. This is not EotM. This is actual players being involved in either taking/defending WvW objectives. Sure, you’ll have some farmers but you’ll actually have a slew of real participating players that are not inhibited by farming PvE equivalents just to fund time spent in WvW.

You want rank to mean something, make it so the % Participation automatically goes up after you make 100% in the week by 1% every 100 ranks over 1000. But that doesn’t stop with adding rank value after that.

The key is tuning the 100%-150% participation to ~8 hours or so of WvW time per week.

Another aspect I like from the participation based system on the new HoT maps is that you get rewards periodically if the meta event progresses, even if you did not contribute to the specific events.

Having something similar in WvW would reward scouts, roamers and defenders if other people capture objectives. This way, we could focus more on the WvW-“meta”, and be less worried about individual event contribution.

in WvW

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

Being on SoS, we face TC Blobs most of the time. A last night, which was Monday night in NA prime, I saw nobody on any BLs, and EB was dying. WvW ded.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I still don’t feel like I’ve given the new map a fair shake under optimal circumstances but lately if I feel like going against some builds for dailies I go to sPvP instead (I am one of those weirdo’s who thinks Stronghold is really fun & the reward tracks are pretty nice). I was not doing that much WvW before HOT either but that was because it fell out of habit with me when my friends all quit playing last year so now I am trying to make new friends in a new place and when we do WvW it is usually in EB since that is where the fights are right now.

We can try and change that tho. Maybe lets give the desert another taste, see my lame attempt at making this Friday nite a green desert borderland free-for-all event thread. Maybe with a little help from all you disaffected players we can at least say we tried our best to find some enjoyment in the desert.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Genocide.1524

Genocide.1524

Honestly I enjoy the New BL’s they are big but once you get use to the map they aren’t as bad..

Yes everyone just blobs in EBG now which is annoying cause its just a matter of whom can field the biggest blob.

30+ person que on EBG at times is silly.. What people need to do is take to the BL’s let 1 server dominate EBG whom cares. Eventually they’ll get board of not fighting anyone and relize oh our home server BL is completely lost so i would hope people be smart enough to go well since noone is around in EBG lets move to a BL and fight.

In T2, ive seen 20person que’s on one of the BL’s but never all 3… Just need to boycott EBG and play more on the BL’s yes it will be boring for a while, as all you will is PVD but sooner or later the zerg guilds will start to move to the bl’s

Everyone’s default is EBG cause they know the map and are comfy with it.
Like someone else posted we played the same maps for 3 years, we got comfy we got lazy and when things got changed everyone QQ’s about it.

I dont think ANET will revert the BL’s back. They might add the old maps into a rotation everyweek or something like that. Like them or don’t they worked hard on the maps, yes some of the PVE in the maps is a bit silly but adds a new element to it..

For all of us OLD SCHOOL players, then center PvE event, reminds me of the ORBS that in the BL’s you had to get and take back to your base.. The events only happen so often so really can’t complain to much about it. The shrines are a very nice additive to the maps.. I think the keeps are a bit to big but not to bad.. I like and dislike the fact that you can’t just make 1 set of seige i.e. catapults to take out both inner and outer. I like that the keeps have different themes and multiple levels.

Anet should just shut down EBG for weeks and thus make ppl go to the BL’s but i know ppl will QQ about it and end up just not WvW’in then suck it up and learn something new and move to the BL’s.

Only takes a few guilds on each server to stop going to EBG and feeding the Map Blobs and cap the BL’s to maybe draw the attention to the other maps..

In short, stop “WvW’in” in EoTM and boycott EBG for a few weeks and play the BL’s. Get use to them, learn them, and you will love them.

EBG is just for server blobs and ruins wvw, so try something different..

(edited by Genocide.1524)

in WvW

Posted by: Elysia.5019

Elysia.5019

I’ve already quit and bought / moved on to another game. I wish I never bought HoT and I wish Anet would give me a refund. Was primarily a WvW player, and actually only check the forums to see if there’s any reason to think of coming back. Here’s why:

Too many big changes to WvW, none for the better:
1. Changing Reset Night.. no one wants reset on Saturday, and Friday set the stage for the week. There’s literally zero incentive to play.
2. Locking abilities we had behind time/gold sink (aka guild halls). I’m sorry but you should never ever LOSE progress in an MMO. Huge mistake, I should be able to do everything I did before the expansion.
3. New Borderlands – Think everyone has explained the problems here 100 times, I won’t do it again.

EBG – Everyone goes there, and it’s so laggy it’s unplayable
Borderlands – No one goes there, it’s so dead it’s unplayable

Sure, I went into PvE for a couple weeks. Gliding is fun, but Masteries are a HUGE grind. I am bored to death with PvE already. I don’t find it challenging, just can’t solo everything anymore (which makes it even more of a grind).

WvW Ded

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

In short, stop “WvW’in” in EoTM and boycott EBG for a few weeks and play the BL’s. Get use to them, learn them, and you will love them.

Except it doesnt work like that. The design of the border is fundamentally flawed and makes people not want to play there. You cant force that on people by just saying “omg just go there and play!”. Even if a border is fully topped up and queued on all sides it will still have the exact same flaws. It doesnt get any better than it already is by dumping more players on it.

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

EEBG is the better maps for wvw. So it makes no sense to “avoid” them and play a map that is terrible just to get used to it.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Except it doesnt work like that. The design of the border is fundamentally flawed and makes people not want to play there. You cant force that on people by just saying “omg just go there and play!”. Even if a border is fully topped up and queued on all sides it will still have the exact same flaws. It doesnt get any better than it already is by dumping more players on it.

^^ Indeed. Its like saying that one kitten movie will be a lot better if you watch it in a full cinema, instead of alone at home.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: kimwriter.5193

kimwriter.5193

I play WvW because I am less involved with PvE. The new maps are exactly like the latter. Anet, I really hope you are reading these posts. The new bl’s are, well, pleasant to the eye, but far too big and PvE -like. Missing the alpine bl’s.

Find some compromise, please.

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

I will not quit because WvW is the main reason I play the game… 80% WvW, 15% sPvP, 5% PvE.

But it is a hard time to play wvw with so many leaving or focusing in PvE for now.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: MarkSG.8109

MarkSG.8109

Me to. I have been 100% WvW for years now. Been 100% scout for all of that time. I hate the new maps/mechanics and its killed all the fun I have had in WvW sadly.

Mollori

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Hence why our experiences of wvw are vastly different- you play on a stacked server on NA whilst over here on EU there seems to be a complete disconnect since the new maps landed.

A week ago YB was out manned on pretty much every map most of the time. Players have just now started coming back and hopefully other tiers will have the same experience. Outside of NA prime it is mostly PvD or empty still.

I logged in just after 9:00PM EST and went to BGBL while I was 50 something in the Q and no other BLs had a Q. About a dozen Roll were taking East Keep at the time with no resistance from the enemy. My guild mate logged in about 20 minutes later and the same thing only they were taking BG Garri without resistance.

I have seen a Q on a BL twice both times at reset and I have played pretty much every night and morning since HoT release (working on my 5th Elite all through WvW levels).

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Its a question of why ppl wvw. Your in it for ppt or fights both of witch you need players to make it work. The new BL have good ppt tools and very open spaces for fights if players do not use them though then no one will be there. So its less of a map problem its more of person hang up players have with “new” things.
MMORPG players are some of the most fearful of changes in the gaming world.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

I like the new BL map.

For the couple weeks after HoT launch I didn’t play WvW as much as before, due to Halloween event, checking out new Maguuma maps, and building guild hall (which unfortunately, even for only the WvW upgrades, requires a lot of PvE).

Now I’m playing WvW about the same as before. The new map is great, IMO, and I even like the new environmental mechanics on it.

The problem is the core mechanics — scoring, population imbalance, "night"capping — are still broken (which Anet has acknowledged and said they are working on, but I’m not holding my breath). It’s these broken core mechanics which drive people away from WvW fundamentally; a new map isn’t going to help that much in bringing people back if these are still broken.

Also, I like auto-upgrades in principle, but I don’t like they fact that they also made yaks optional for upgrades. IMO flipping camps and killing yaks needs to indefinitely prevent upgrades from occurring, similar to the old system. Otherwise the value of yaks and defending supply lines is severely diminished. This was a depressing change added with HoT.

And a lot of the fun of new WvW stuff in the expansion was supposed to be the guild upgrades. But they are severely gated behind guild halls which require a ton of money and PvE farming. And WvW guilds would rather spend that money on already-expensive food and superior siege, and don’t particularly like PvE farming. Plus the upgrades themselves, which are obtained via scribing, also seem to be expensive consumables. It’s like Anet removed the gold cost of upgrading structures (a nod to the fact that you simply don’t make that much gold playing WvW) but then went and added that gold cost right back in the form of guild upgrades. Another depressing change that is liable to drive players away now and in the future if it isn’t changed.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Its a question of why ppl wvw. Your in it for ppt or fights both of witch you need players to make it work. The new BL have good ppt tools and very open spaces for fights if players do not use them though then no one will be there. So its less of a map problem its more of person hang up players have with “new” things.
MMORPG players are some of the most fearful of changes in the gaming world.

I’m sorry but you are wrong.
So many of my friends and guildies were extremely excited about getting a new map. We were looking forward to having something to break up the routine. It was after playing the map and realizing how poorly designed it was for WvW that we started avoiding it.

It’s also not good for fighting since for the most part the open areas aren’t near the objectives. The objectives are full of gimmicky mechanics that interfere with fights and choke points which promotes pirate shipping.

Yes there are open areas where you could have a fight that you pre arranged, but why wouldn’t you have those types of fights in OS or the guild arena? Why would you pick a spot on the map that involves a lot of running to get to, and where you could possibly be interrupted?

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

Honestly I enjoy the New BL’s they are big but once you get use to the map they aren’t as bad..

Yes everyone just blobs in EBG now which is annoying cause its just a matter of whom can field the biggest blob.

30+ person que on EBG at times is silly.. What people need to do is take to the BL’s let 1 server dominate EBG whom cares. Eventually they’ll get board of not fighting anyone and relize oh our home server BL is completely lost so i would hope people be smart enough to go well since noone is around in EBG lets move to a BL and fight.

In T2, ive seen 20person que’s on one of the BL’s but never all 3… Just need to boycott EBG and play more on the BL’s yes it will be boring for a while, as all you will is PVD but sooner or later the zerg guilds will start to move to the bl’s

Everyone’s default is EBG cause they know the map and are comfy with it.
Like someone else posted we played the same maps for 3 years, we got comfy we got lazy and when things got changed everyone QQ’s about it.

I dont think ANET will revert the BL’s back. They might add the old maps into a rotation everyweek or something like that. Like them or don’t they worked hard on the maps, yes some of the PVE in the maps is a bit silly but adds a new element to it..

For all of us OLD SCHOOL players, then center PvE event, reminds me of the ORBS that in the BL’s you had to get and take back to your base.. The events only happen so often so really can’t complain to much about it. The shrines are a very nice additive to the maps.. I think the keeps are a bit to big but not to bad.. I like and dislike the fact that you can’t just make 1 set of seige i.e. catapults to take out both inner and outer. I like that the keeps have different themes and multiple levels.

Anet should just shut down EBG for weeks and thus make ppl go to the BL’s but i know ppl will QQ about it and end up just not WvW’in then suck it up and learn something new and move to the BL’s.

Only takes a few guilds on each server to stop going to EBG and feeding the Map Blobs and cap the BL’s to maybe draw the attention to the other maps..

EBG is just for server blobs and ruins wvw, so try something different..

no1 cares about new map and my server is among top and we can fill up all 4 maps with qeueu..
did the event today solo (cus im bored out of my mind so w/e lets try) activated cannon > switch ebg > /m all borderland gates are destroyed (our whole home border was taken majority of it was even forti) no1 came, no1 cares.

tbh with u i bet far more players would be kittening happy if u give em a totally flat map with only grass on the floor and some towers/keeps/camps. <— that would do it 100 times better then a map forcing u to run around huge cliffs / mountains.