How many quit playing WvW since new maps?

in WvW

Posted by: Roac.3871

Roac.3871

Get use to them, learn them, and you will love them.

Tell me more about myself.

I gave it as good a try as I could. I gave as much time as I needed (me, subjectively) to conclude I will not love them. That assessment will not be substantially affected by the number of people on the map. As Dawdler says: the design flaws are too many and too severe.

Wintercrow, Sanctum of Rall
The Muire of the Tomb

in WvW

Posted by: Sulas.3521

Sulas.3521

Lately I don’t even bother zoning in. I just don’t care for the layout. I have tried roaming but getting around seems ridiculous. Even had some real fun skirmishes, 1v1 and 2 v4. they were great fun but it doesn’t make me want to deal with the map. I agree with earlier commentors and would enjoy 3 different BLs. I just cant deal with this current layout and don’t know if I’ll feel like trying again.
Before HoT I was 90% WvW, at least half of that roaming. It made me a much better player.

Eredon Terrace
Ranger primary

in WvW

Posted by: Kilver.7094

Kilver.7094

I don’t play much wvw anymore. The new map and mechanics put me in “downed state” and I’m not sure I want a ress…

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Being on the map feels such a chore. I never thought I’d be so relieved to load Eternal Battlegrounds.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Sko.5048

Sko.5048

Im just wondering how many are like me:
-Played 100% wvw & LOVED IT! before the expansion and new maps.
-Can’t handle the new maps becuase they are to big & messy & pve.
-Just play some EB sometimes but… the fun is gone because the maps are empty & everything about WvW just feels….lost becuase of the changes.
-Have actually tested PvE since the expansion but.. well it aren’t so fun as the old-days-WvW.

This is me in a nutshell. I’d put in 2-3 hours nightly.They basically ruined most of what I liked/played. I’m already playing a fraction of the time I used to, and I imagine that even this will taper off unless some change is made to return WVW from its present state of PVE2.0.

On the plus side, I’ve done a lot more IRL, so maybe I should thank ANET for messing up the game…

Bigbadsanta – Yes, the I’m that big norn thief in HOD that looks like Santa Claus.

(edited by Sko.5048)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Less talk more fight!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Feeling kind of grateful for my server and Elona this week then, after reading these posts. We had four guilds out on home BL tonight and two big Elona guilds too. Even AR made an appearance with 30 later in the night.

Map is still a learning curve for me, but starting to figure out shortcuts.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: sphinx.8107

sphinx.8107

On Desolation we only got Q on EBG.

The new Borderlandmaps are just too big and arent fun for WvW-Players that also want to fight. Im rly fed up with running every evening on these maps with our guild and looking for at least 1 fight. And we talking about T1 EU …. wtf…

Finding a guild/blobb is like christmas now …

Anet rly … the new borderlands ruining wvw-community atm. And its not like ohhh all the ppl prolly playing HoT. NO!

In the past u had maybe 1 day u were on a map and u didnt find anything now its the other way round. U find maybe 1 day in the week something to fight there.

The only way for GvG/Fighting-Guilds atm is to speak to other guilds and meet in Eotm what is rly rly rly cancer.

Arenas are way too small!! We want to keep fighting with 20 guildies and not going 10v10 in an arena. Then we could prolly kick half the guild and play pvp.

Make Arenas the size like OS and GvG-Guilds are fine , but then ull miss more wvw-population.

WvW not fun anymore , pretty sad , dont wonder why ppl leave wvw.

Greetz ,

Crius from [aX] Axîom

PS: I dunno why i wrote it cuz i think u devs wont even care bout us.

Leader [aX] -Axîom – GvG/WvW-Guild
Visit us: http://gw2axiom.com/
YT:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2pwgIIDTBb9rrsWa3ui5yw

(edited by sphinx.8107)

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Well it looks like im not alone – I hope that anet are reading our comments before its to late. Any words from them regarding wvw? or they are just closing their eyes ruin the fun in the game?

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

me. not completely but almost. i can count how many times i have been to wvw since HoT launch. guild needs upgrades. upgrades needs gold.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

I’ve done WvW from the start and I’ve given the new BL maps the chance to draw me in but no matter how much I play on the new BL maps there is nothing wanting me to come back and play on them. It’s just to much of a pain to navigate around and way to much verticality for my taste for a PvP map.

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Its dead. To the people who think people will come back after doing HOT content, then you’re wrong.

I haven’t played since release (because it was dead – T1).

I have now completed my nine elite specs and will be going back into WvW full time.

I think you’ll find that people will return.

I am also seeing a lot of hardcore WvW players on my maps doing all the hero points as I ran around.

I can say goodbye to PvE for another three years.

in WvW

Posted by: Angel.6085

Angel.6085

Wont quit WvWing because my guild is a WvW guild but it has really killed morale and drive in my members. We run a roster over 60 and it seems everyone logs early now because it’s just not fun anymore. EBG is a nightmare of blobs and the BLs are dead because… no one wants to play them. Anet really needs to fix this or WvW will not survive.

YB>DB>BG>SOR>TC>BG>FA>DB>SOS>BP Guardian
Formerly [rB], [OPED], [Choo]
Guild Leader [DN] Digital Nemesis

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I’ve done WvW from the start and I’ve given the new BL maps the chance to draw me in but no matter how much I play on the new BL maps there is nothing wanting me to come back and play on them. It’s just to much of a pain to navigate around and way to much verticality for my taste for a PvP map.

How so?

What makes the maps harder to navigate?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Zantisgod.1453

Zantisgod.1453

3 years playing 100% full WvW , Defending keep , bay , hill in BL , guarding camps for upgrade them , "Blob attacking South of bay!! ask for help in TS and boom !! My zer come to defend outer and inside with a epic battles :DD Fun Fun , Ohh roamers everywhere , Nc is under attack gogogo ,Remember the epic battles in BL keep lord room ?? in Reset time everyone are exited and clicking to get a slot on maps …. :D , everything is over ! I’ll stop playing WvW because they destroyed what I loved most about GW2 with awful Maps – Yeah Anet thanks for ruin my fun !! , good luck boys and have fun….. , I will enter to GW when I get bored of my others games: D

sorry for my English, please understand me

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

unfortunately, i’ve stopped playing altogether. i still log in for daily login reward, look at guild chat for a sec, then close the game.

wvw was really all i played for besides some binge pve farming. my guild Vox Invictus on CD has all but stopped wvwing – when we were almost an exclusively wvw guild before. It’s total crap. I don’t enjoy the new maps at all, I don’t really enjoy revenant after fighting glint/shiro cheese the few times I did go into wvw.

even if they do something to fix it i likely won’t come back to play full time. the thought of how much of a crappy grind legendary stuff will be is too off-putting. also how raids are capped with (what sounds like will be) crappy rewards, i’ve just lost all motivation to play. RIP.

CD

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Honestly I enjoy the New BL’s they are big but once you get use to the map they aren’t as bad..

erm, no. if i dont like something i will not get used to it. I genuinely tried it, went everywhere and no i hated it!

Everyone’s default is EBG cause they know the map and are comfy with it.
Like someone else posted we played the same maps for 3 years, we got comfy we got lazy and when things got changed everyone QQ’s about it.

again no, i used to avaoid eb with my old guild and we focused on protecting and ninja capping in the old borderlands.

or all of us OLD SCHOOL players, then center PvE event, reminds me of the ORBS that in the BL’s you had to get and take back to your base.. The events only happen so often so really can’t complain to much about it.

u are compareing an event where the players had to go inside a keep, grab an orb and protect the guy carrying the orb to your base while the other 2 servers will try to attack u, with an event where u kill a few pve mobs and collect some unimportant stuff, give it to npc to trigger a lazer event…

i had some of the most awesome fights over these orbs and the only reason they are not there, is hackers, exploits and the fact that the orbs gave dominating servers too many buffs…(reminds me of shrine buffs…isnt that a coincidence?)

Anet should just shut down EBG for weeks and thus make ppl go to the BL’s but i know ppl will QQ about it and end up just not WvW’in then suck it up and learn something new and move to the BL’s.

u know even if u took eb away, the maps will still be empty as noone will go to wvw anymore. and this kinda tactics is the wrong way to deal with this issue. we dont need conditioning, we need understanding and support. this kinda methosd would be the same like taking a vegetarians vegetables away and force him to like meat because there are no more veggies… u think thats a great strategy?

Only takes a few guilds on each server to stop going to EBG and feeding the Map Blobs and cap the BL’s to maybe draw the attention to the other maps..

In short, stop “WvW’in” in EoTM and boycott EBG for a few weeks and play the BL’s. Get use to them, learn them, and you will love them.

EBG is just for server blobs and ruins wvw, so try something different..

ok we get it u hate ebg. u know eb is also a place for zergbusting guilds like my guild and we had some of the most epic encounters there. and we are not a blob, we usually ran with around 15 people, same with my old mesmer guild AVTR where we sould run with small numbers and destroy zergs.
ebg is not the issue and before hot, the borderlands were only dead because of stale gwen meta, stale matchups and the bad balance and terrible siege changes and masteries ….(thats at least why most of the guilds i know didnt play regularly anymore, im sure there are other reasons)

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

I have WvW’ed about a grand total of an hour (max) since HoT released. The maps are just too big (even for T1 – can’t imagine in lower tiers) and stays dead during off hours 90% of the time with backcapping here and there.

Aesthetically speaking, alpine BL beats the current BL by a large margin.

Also, WTF with the events at the centre? Pathetic when WvW community wanted PvE to be removed, Anet goes on to add more PvE. Sorry, but its equivalent of showing the middle finger to the dedicated ones who care about this game mode.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Honestly I enjoy the New BL’s they are big but once you get use to the map they aren’t as bad..

Yes everyone just blobs in EBG now which is annoying cause its just a matter of whom can field the biggest blob.

30+ person que on EBG at times is silly.. What people need to do is take to the BL’s let 1 server dominate EBG whom cares. Eventually they’ll get board of not fighting anyone and relize oh our home server BL is completely lost so i would hope people be smart enough to go well since noone is around in EBG lets move to a BL and fight.

In T2, ive seen 20person que’s on one of the BL’s but never all 3… Just need to boycott EBG and play more on the BL’s yes it will be boring for a while, as all you will is PVD but sooner or later the zerg guilds will start to move to the bl’s

Everyone’s default is EBG cause they know the map and are comfy with it.
Like someone else posted we played the same maps for 3 years, we got comfy we got lazy and when things got changed everyone QQ’s about it.

I dont think ANET will revert the BL’s back. They might add the old maps into a rotation everyweek or something like that. Like them or don’t they worked hard on the maps, yes some of the PVE in the maps is a bit silly but adds a new element to it..

For all of us OLD SCHOOL players, then center PvE event, reminds me of the ORBS that in the BL’s you had to get and take back to your base.. The events only happen so often so really can’t complain to much about it. The shrines are a very nice additive to the maps.. I think the keeps are a bit to big but not to bad.. I like and dislike the fact that you can’t just make 1 set of seige i.e. catapults to take out both inner and outer. I like that the keeps have different themes and multiple levels.

Anet should just shut down EBG for weeks and thus make ppl go to the BL’s but i know ppl will QQ about it and end up just not WvW’in then suck it up and learn something new and move to the BL’s.

Only takes a few guilds on each server to stop going to EBG and feeding the Map Blobs and cap the BL’s to maybe draw the attention to the other maps..

In short, stop “WvW’in” in EoTM and boycott EBG for a few weeks and play the BL’s. Get use to them, learn them, and you will love them.

EBG is just for server blobs and ruins wvw, so try something different..

Some of us “Old School” wvw’ers wont play the new BL’s.
You may enjoy it, however many do not. (Sadly with HOT we lost some more wvw’ers who had been around since GW2 beta’s.)

So forcing people to play the new maps more then they are already, wouldn’t really help. Not with the fact people could then just avoid WvW or play another game.

Heck I’m an old school WvW’er and the New maps and center event reminds me not one bit of the Orbs which used to be at the Northern part of each home BL, and you had to take the orb specifically to a keep and place on an alter for a buff.

Your comparison would have been better to the old middle area with Quaggans, which you could control causing the enemies on the map to slowly lose their siege due to weather effects. (aka lightening.) Which you could gather pearls and turn in to get the quaggans on your team’s side. (However to neutralize them you just had to kill the quaggans.)

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

For now I totally stop playing GW2… I continu to watch the forum to see if Anet will do something… But for now GW2 is over for me….
I have never play on EB, it’s not now that I will start…
I hate so much thing on the new bl…. No WP, central event, free auto upgrade, bug, keep to big, tower without any tactical advantage, WP at T0… Guild upgrade hide behind farming, my small personnal guild useless now…

I can’t play with this… And I have play lot of hours… I have learn the map, the path, the shrine… I have try, seriously I have try…. But more time will not make me love this map and the new mechanics…. And more people will not change those mechanics that I hate…

WvW is finish for me, and as I only play WvW then GW2 is over…

I just hope they will do something, because I had fun playing at this game and defending my BL during off peak time…

in WvW

Posted by: Tankvieh.5796

Tankvieh.5796

Well to be honest i finally see some light at the end of the tunnel after a couple of weeks of death wvw and finally some queque on t1 EU again.

but leaving all the other issues like autoupdating, oasis event, missing guildbuffs etc aside:

the fact that we have a 50+ queque on EB and at the same time 0 people running any of the borderlands makes things pretty clear.

i feel like the biggest issues about the new map is spacing and ports.

there is just no fun in attacking structures if you cannot deny a teleport point. Lets face it everything in the BL was about the keeps because they gave you control

- further reach into the BL, quicker movement around the map etc.
- you upgrade the walls to prevent enemies to destroy ports
- you upgrade and siege towers cause they threaten or protect your keep further.

right now keeps dont matter, you got autoteleport, but they are so near your spawn anyway that it doesnt even matter. And you cannot deny the enemy at all.

Furthermore the Keeps dont serve any purpose without the port points
and the towers feel out of place, like they dont even matter.

in WvW

Posted by: Recursivision.2367

Recursivision.2367

I’m enjoying roaming more than I have in ages, even in the new BL’s.

in WvW

Posted by: I I.7359

I I.7359

My experience so far is I leveled up 4 times in wvw capping camps, and only came across 3 enemy players. two, I’ve had the fun of killing and another that was a settler rat tank , so I just moved on after fighting him for 10 min. My server is totally dead, so it’s a lot worse then pre-patch. I have to admit ; I died jumping off a cliff expecting a glider to save me, lol. I don’t get all the hype of the expansion and don’t get why they didn’t integrate HoT glider’s etc with such huge maps. Add some side games or something where we can advance in HoT crap and keep us occupied . It’s amazing all this cool stuff the game has with the expansion and the lack of using it.

Fizzy Bubbler

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

How so?

Hmm. Well, we could use some help here.

Would anyone be nice enough to make a video of them running from one end of the borderlands to the opposite end?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I did stop playing borderlands permanently, before that i was playing on borders a lot. Now i play EB only, because sorry, BL are a huge fail, we have tons of topics why do we think so..

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Any DEV /GM that are reading all those topics? you’re killing wvw for all of us that once loved it.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

they don’t care. they want you to play the new PvE maps and buy the glider skins…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

they don’t care. they want you to play the new PvE maps and buy the glider skins…..

Even the PvE maps are becoming much emptier then they were.

So I doubt that’s it lol.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Even the PvE maps are becoming much emptier then they were.

So I doubt that’s it lol.

They’re playing a game of ‘alienate the playerbase’ and took bets on who would win, WvW, PvP or PvE. All of them think they’re winning.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

How so?

Hmm. Well, we could use some help here.

Would anyone be nice enough to make a video of them running from one end of the borderlands to the opposite end?

Kind of thought I did that. What do you mean?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

They even more want you to play PvP so they have more attention for there ESL, thats the reason for F2P of the basic game too and it is the reason that many elite spec are more focused on PvP.

My hope for RvR now lies in Camelot Unchained.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

I have got 1/3 of my bonus chests this week (used to get them on reset nite)
Not sure the last time I have even got my dailies from WvW
Tried to catch up with a group last nite in the BL got sick of running to cliff edges (or off them). I do know some of the map but its just too much running – dunno how new people cope with it.
All the doors/walls take ages and ages to take down and thats even with several siege and in that time noone defends it
I keep asking people to move to the BL from eb but cannot get movement sometimes a guild does a run but thats about it. Ghost town

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I think it`s going as they are planning. Slowly reduce WvW pop and demoralizing it and when they will introduce mega server BL we will all be happy…

Why would they make so huge BL maps?

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

coglin.1867

I think it`s going as they are planning. Slowly reduce WvW pop and demoralizing it and when they will introduce mega server BL we will all be happy…

They didn’t. Once you learn the routes, it takes the same time to run across the map. I believe the video comparison in another thread suggested the new and old maps are with in a few seconds of one another to run from end to end.

I think your mistaken. The players inability and refusal to adapt, or in many cases, even bother to learn the new maps, is what is demoralizing.

Most things posters are crying about now can be linked to massive threads in which such things were strongly demanded. In many cases, a post history, ironically shows some of the biggest complainers now, were making demands for the very changes they are crying about now.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in WvW

Sich.7103

They didn’t. Once you learn the routes, it takes the same time to run across the map. I believe the video comparison in another thread suggested the new and old maps are with in a few seconds of one another to run from end to end.

and now just try to use the same route, but without controling the keep…. Run from spawn to rampart…. Run from south east camp to palace without controling the shrine or the keep… Or much better, run from palace to the south east camp without the shrine… Because the shrine are really usefull from palace to the camp.

Run from spawn to palace without controlling rampart…

You say it’s need the same time, but only because you control Rampart or at least 1 shrine at palace… Don’t use those pve portal and tell me how much time you need…

in WvW

coglin.1867

and now just try to use the same route, but without controling the keep…. Run from spawn to rampart…. Run from south east camp to palace without controling the shrine or the keep…

Run from spawn to palace without controlling rampart…

You say it’s need the same time, but only because you control Rampart or at least 1 shrine at palace… Don’t use those pve portal and tell me how much time you need…

Those routes were not used in the original comparison. Nice try though. If you disagree with this evidence, why don’t you take one of your old videos and compare it to one you make in the new map? Unless you base your statements on an actual evidence or relative comparison, your proving my point further, that players are making false assumptions about map size and time it takes to travel it, with no evidence to support it, other then inaccurate assumption. Seems to me the general perception of traversing the map, and the reality of it, compared to the old map, are biasly skewed.

in WvW

Sich.7103

You speak about that video ? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vwt76dwYAQ
Or that map : http://i.imgur.com/FvoAThM.jpg

A lot of path use the teleport from rampart or the pad from palace…

Like spawn to rampart… Rampart to palace….

But don’t worry, continu to defend the new map and all the new game mechanics.
But I see EB with 50 man queue, and no queue on BL… And BL empty during the day…
Do you think that all those people just don’t want to learn the new map ? They don’t like the new map and / or the new mechanic.

If this new map was so incredible we should see more people playing in game. We should see queue on BL… But nop… We don’t see that…

in WvW

coglin.1867

No, I mean the side by side, split screen comparison one. I have no idea why you would ask if it is one that took the paths I specifically mentioned were not taken in the video. Oh, well.

But I see EB with 50 man queue, and no queue on BL… And BL empty during the day…
Do you think that all those people just don’t want to learn the new map ? They don’t like the new map and / or the new mechanic.

I will, thank you. I am happy I have a fan in you. I accept your blessing to do so.

No, I do not claim to tell you or anyone else what others reasons are, that is their job to express their opinion. I am simply sharing mine. Though it would assist everyone in the discussion if you refrained from disingenuously attempting to tell us what other desire or think. It is probably best if you stick to speaking for yourself.

If this new map was so incredible we should see more people playing in game. We should see queue on BL… But nop… We don’t see that…

Did you see a queue on the old BL just before HoT released?

If you lie, check out my post history, I have posted some photos of the post HoT, with queues of 15-25 on the BLs.

What tier do you play on? NA or EU? If your not in my region, on my tier, obviously we have different experiences. That, and I have a good, fun guild, and we enjoy ourselves when we play. We have had some good three way battles on the new maps and enjoyed them. I am sorry if it upsets you that I have had a positive experience.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in WvW

Posted by: Kilver.7094

Kilver.7094

Denying the undeniable…

The fact that players have to post vids on how to get to objects you want to attack/defend speaks volumes. It’s not only bigger it’s a lot more confusing…

in WvW

Sich.7103

@Coglin : I’m on Piken, EU server… Full according Anet…
For me full server mean all map queued, at least at prime time. But that’s another problem. And yeah, for sure, no need to try to speak with you. You have your opinion and I have mine.

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

If you roam around the new dead BL, you can experience it yourself how big the map really is and the distance between the structures. You don’t really need to post “evidences” in the form of videos to prove an opinion. The bottom line is that the majority of the posters in the WvW section prefers the old BL to the new ones (just by reading through the posts) and it isn’t that hard to understand why, whether that be the players’ inability to adapt, map being too large, or too much PvE or whatever the reason might be.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

I actually like the new maps but as a place for fights, it is lacking. T5 NA, by the way.

No one to fight so not on map. Learning the new map is taking longer.

We get plenty of fights in EB. I can’t ask my raid to spend the evening running around an empty BL to learn a map.

I would spend non raid time running around learning the map but that doesn’t get me elder wood logs or Silverwastes shovels or heavy supply bags which I need to get the wvw specific guild enhancements.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

in WvW

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

I used the first week when WvW was deserted to explore the new maps, find my way around and find some useful siege spots. Convinced my guild to give the new borderlands a chance instead of going to eb or even edge of the mists every raid and we actually had a lot of fun the past few days. Yesterday I even started commanding again after a 2 month break.
I also miss the old maps and all of their familiar bugs but I don’t hate the new borderlands and I’m not gonna quit. I’m actually planning to introduce new players to WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

Did not quit playing WvW since the new map. I did spend more time in Eternal Battleground and in PvP than ever before (EB is a map which I did not play much since Alpine BL was my favorite one). Now EB is better than playing on a borderland in my eyes.

As for Desert Borderland… I tried roaming there, was not super exciting to run around like I was stuck in a walking simulator. I know there can be some decent fights if you are truly patient. Roaming in EB has never been as good as roaming on Alpine BL… So here I am playing stronghold (which is the thing that gets as close as to what roaming was back then). Apart from that I will raid with my guild in EB because this is where the WvW fun is at.

in WvW

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

I didn’t fully quit WvW but WvW hasn’t had any good changes IMO. I really only go to WvW for fights vs other players now and maybe participate in zerg battles. Don’t care about towers/keeps/capping anymore.

I originally bought this game solely because of WvW but now its just bleh for me. I like the new maps…but they are bigger than the old BL (a bit in length and width but more so in the verticality) and with the same amount of players only allowed into a BL at one time its not many. That’s mainly a server issue on how many players it can handle, but its an issue none-the-less.

Also the new automatic WvW upgrades and Guild WvW upgrades. I don’t like the auto upgrades AT ALL. One of the biggest issues with WvW has always been night capping and this makes that issue even larger because now servers don’t need people on to even get a T3 tower/keep. Also I always liked having to spend a little gold and stuff to upgrade and spend my time making sure yaks get in because then it felt very good to defend and felt REALLY good when the objective was finally fully upgraded. Now why even bother staying inside an objective when it does everything on its own.

Also with Guild WvW stuff, its hugely gated by 1) getting the Hall upgraded enough to even get War Room and all the upgrades inside (which wouldn’t be bad but for my small WvW guild its terrible, spent over a thousand of gold on just getting to the war room) Whereas with the old guild system I could claim and get buffs so easy with influence that you got from people logging in even. and 2) Making the tactics is gated behind Scribing, which you need a high level to make some of the things I’ve seen (not sure what level but I see 350 req on a lot of the scrolls from drops etc) and to scribe up to that level you need to do a lot of PvE nonsense, which is what I DON’T want to do because I want to WvW!

Edit: Also to add, the improvements and Tactics are CONSUMABLE which wouldn’t be bad but 1) They’ll be consumed even if you never used them, only if you lost the objective, and 2) Being consumable means you have to keep gathering materials to build them. Whereas old system was influence only.

Overall not happy with changes. Also new BL needs gliding.

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

I work evening shifts, For the last week I have done no WvW at all!

I get back from work, turn on my PC and find half my guild has logged off and the other half are doing training in guild arena.
But cos I get on so late, no space.

All BLs are empty, for obvious reasons. EB is empty as well, or enemy massively outnumber us if they stay on.

PvE is still terrible.

So what do I do? I log off and watch some TV instead. This is such a great expansion Anet! Before the expansion my guild used to raid for another 2-3 after I log in, now it stops before I even get back!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Yea I didn’t film that route because I filmed a “defense route” not the route an attacker would take. The video isn’t meant to be exhaustive but an introduction. Once you are familiar with the basic routes and approaches, it gets extremely easy to modify them for a different context.

Like, from NW Spawn you can run the red line and head towards the NW sentry by the yellow line instead of taking the elevators if you do not own garrison. That NW wall is breakable. I can’t predict which gate or wall your commander is going to want to attack. Maybe you’ll have to jump over the barricade to get to the gate. /shrug

Or like some of the routes into Bay I went on the lower level which gets your force to outer and I skipped using the elevators which take you to inner or the lava portals which require shrine. Most of these alternate routes depend upon context. If I attempted to film every context, it would take forever to do and make for too much video that people wouldn’t want to watch.

Edit: The thrusting rock obstacles aren’t that bad once you learn them TBH. They always pop up in the same place and same position and they have one side that is always open. In one of my offense routes videos I wasn’t even familiar with where exactly they would be open but I managed to hop, skip, and jump through while the dust storm was going and I made it through without getting majorly caught to my surprise. LOL

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Sich.7103

Yes I know the different path, I have use it a lot of time.
If I don’t like the map it’s not because I don’t know it or because I don’t take the time to learn
But yes, I agree, when you own the keep you have a lot of shortcut to make the run shorter. And the best is to control the keep and to take the shrine speed buff… Then ok, you can begin to do something.

The thing that hurt the most a lot of people is the lack of WP…. This make the south without any interest to try to defend… This map should be played with each team who hold is part of the map (like on reset). But to do that you need a lot more people that actually…. Really a lot more….
And what I loved on the old map is that your Home BL is your Home…. It’s your map…. You don’t have to share it with the other team…. But this map is not design for that.
If you try to control your keep on each map you will see that you need less time to go to fight.
But to be able to do that as I say before you need really really much more people…. Including at off peak time who is dead.
And to control your keep on each map you need those south dolly who don’t work !!
Because it’s very difficult to have supply inside the keep with only 1 supply camp in the ennemy territory…

in WvW

Chaba.5410

The fact that players have to post vids on how to get to objects you want to attack/defend speaks volumes. It’s not only bigger it’s a lot more confusing…

The first criticism I got for my video was “You may need to find new guild mates if they’re getting confused.”

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Chaba.5410

The thing that hurt the most a lot of people is the lack of WP…. This make the south without any interest to try to defend… This map should be played with each team who hold is part of the map (like on reset).

Yea I agree. I had hoped the waypoints would be moved to the keeps because having them there makes the keeps valuable. There’s not much of a reason to hold west or east keep right now. I suspect this problem may be alleviated once guilds finally can build emergency waypoints, like in 1 more month :/

Chaba Tangnu