How many quit playing WvW since new maps?

in WvW

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

The fact that players have to post vids on how to get to objects you want to attack/defend speaks volumes. It’s not only bigger it’s a lot more confusing…

There also used to be guides for the old maps and a lot of people don’t find their way around eb without help either :x

in WvW

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

+1

This was the nail in the WvW coffin for me. Trash game mode without a clear direction or spirit.

Baer

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

The thing that hurt the most a lot of people is the lack of WP…. This make the south without any interest to try to defend… This map should be played with each team who hold is part of the map (like on reset).

Yea I agree. I had hoped the waypoints would be moved to the keeps because having them there makes the keeps valuable. There’s not much of a reason to hold west or east keep right now. I suspect this problem may be alleviated once guilds finally can build emergency waypoints, like in 1 more month :/

Seeing the costs on the low level tactics, do you think people will actually use this? For instance, the increased supply depot is 5g per use.

Since materials costs go up significantly per tier in crafting, do you think that an objective will be worth 20 to 30 g (a guess ) to have a waypoint in it?

At that point, isn’t a matter of who has the most gold wins as opposed to the best strategy or tactics?

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i wouldnt say ive quit because i still hop in to do the easy dailies and get a quick booster or 3 so i can focus my xp gains to get masteries faster (specifically i always use a wvw daily reward at teq, its perfect… when i do teq.)… but i dont play wvw hardcore now, where before hot i was prolly quite a bit more hardcore than the average zergling despite my wvw playtime tapering off significantly after i hit gold rank (a year ago ish) and maxed my wvw masteries. i used to roam borderlands, and fully automated upgrades are a ridiculous annoyance to 5 man or less groups. it takes too long to capture undefended, uncared-for structures with no supply buff (locked behind a gold wall in guild halls), far away camps, and only enough people to build half a piece of siege each run. but no, i wouldnt say ive quit, ive just found more fun things to do with my time.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: JammeR.1059

JammeR.1059

+1 quit

Will take alot to get me back too

RIP WvW

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

I have WvW’ed about a grand total of an hour (max) since HoT released. The maps are just too big (even for T1 – can’t imagine in lower tiers) and stays dead during off hours 90% of the time with backcapping here and there.

Aesthetically speaking, alpine BL beats the current BL by a large margin.

Also, WTF with the events at the centre? Pathetic when WvW community wanted PvE to be removed, Anet goes on to add more PvE. Sorry, but its equivalent of showing the middle finger to the dedicated ones who care about this game mode.

Yeah, that’s EXACTLY how most people feel. I know gamers can be fickle and don’t like big changes, but just look at all these threads on here, reddit, salt forums ect. Adding that PVE event so a laser can PVD for you is still making me ask “WTF were they thinking?” I can handle most of the changes tbh. I’m stubborn, so I’ll keep seeing if ppl come back, but with all the new hyped RvR MMOs coming soon…this game could be in trouble. We had a nice thread a couple months ago saying WvW was getting worked on to fix the problems it had like night capping ect. Then they add auto upgrades so when other servers wake up everything is fully upgraded and have to spend a lot of time taking it back. That’s if you want to spend the time ktraining, cause normal NA times it’s dead, that’s all there is to do under T3. Yuck.

Maybe put a poll up with change ideas, devs? There’s 100s of them posted in every GW2 WvW forum out there. See what the community wants, see what’s feasible to implement, and go for it. That’s if these threads are being read. At all. We’ve been laughing about imagining them sticking their heads in the sand hiding like an ostrich when WvW is brought up.

EOTM is booming though. So the excuse that PvE is leeching ppl away from regular WvW isn’t that believable anymore.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Im just wondering how many are like me:
-Played 100% wvw & LOVED IT! before the expansion and new maps.
-Can’t handle the new maps becuase they are to big & messy & pve.
-Just play some EB sometimes but… the fun is gone because the maps are empty & everything about WvW just feels….lost becuase of the changes.
-Have actually tested PvE since the expansion but.. well it aren’t so fun as the old-days-WvW.

If there were enough players to fill the new maps you’d be having fun.
You compare a map you played for 3 years to the new one.
It’s normal that you feel confused and not accustomed to the layout.
Play this map for 3 years and it will look as simple and normal as the
old one.

Eeeeeexcept that WvW wasn’t designed for meta-events like knocking down everyone’s gates with dinosaur-farmed cannons.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The thing that hurt the most a lot of people is the lack of WP…. This make the south without any interest to try to defend… This map should be played with each team who hold is part of the map (like on reset).

Yea I agree. I had hoped the waypoints would be moved to the keeps because having them there makes the keeps valuable. There’s not much of a reason to hold west or east keep right now. I suspect this problem may be alleviated once guilds finally can build emergency waypoints, like in 1 more month :/

Seeing the costs on the low level tactics, do you think people will actually use this? For instance, the increased supply depot is 5g per use.

Since materials costs go up significantly per tier in crafting, do you think that an objective will be worth 20 to 30 g (a guess ) to have a waypoint in it?

At that point, isn’t a matter of who has the most gold wins as opposed to the best strategy or tactics?

Oh RIP. I haven’t seen the costs yet myself.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Rendition.3124

Rendition.3124

HoT was the final nail in the coffin it seems. Unlikely we’ll get any improvements to bring anyone back, only just unwanted features that do nothing to save WvW. Wintersday will be the only filler between now and next year, and by then there will only be karma trains left in WvW.

To be honest you’ll more likely receive a response from ANET on reddit than in their official forums about WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: King Stinkeye.3560

King Stinkeye.3560

I went from wvw’ing every day, to maybe twice a week. And even then I normally log off 30 mins in. Not because I’ve quit or because I don’t want to play, but because HOT has decimated wvw. There are a lot of problems with these new maps, all of which were pointed out ad nausea before go live, but the underlying problem is that they’re just not as fun as Alpine.

Bottom line. Not as fun. Less fights. Less care factor. They might be new and shiny and pretty but at the end of the day, I would rather play in EB, the worst of the old maps, that this new one.

It sucks I love wvw. I’ll be looking for a new game for sure unless something drastic happens.

Man of Many Stinkeyes
[DAWN]

in WvW

Posted by: Garrus.7403

Garrus.7403

RIP WvW. Thanks god I have a beta key for Overwatch.

I Will Raiden
Why So Serious?

in WvW

Posted by: BATMAN.6794

BATMAN.6794

havent really touched it after the first few days, no posts yet telling us whats gonna happen?

Desert Borderlands suck bring back alpine til new ones are revamped

in WvW

Posted by: bliss.4305

bliss.4305

Some of my most fun and interesting fights took place in enemy BLs since release. EB is as stale and boring as ever.

Yes, finding fights are difficult compared to EB but you actually have to know your way around and use the minimap to spot people close to sentries. New maps are a ton of fun if you know your way around it. And the mid fights? Freaking old-school World pvp… Amazing.

Then again… I’m T1 and we have a lot of players doing WvW…. so there’s that

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

I went from logging in daily with the sole purpose of WvW’ing, to logging in occasionally to do dailies and rarely visiting WvW.

No Anet that is not because of how much I’m loving the other content, I’m bored as hell with the new content and WvW had been destroyed for me.

This was suppose to be the time of old players returning to the game, old GvG guilds coming back to take advantage of guild arenas, and just more enjoyment in WvW and the Game as a whole.

It’s depressing just how bad you dropped the ball this time.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I went from logging in daily with the sole purpose of WvW’ing, to logging in occasionally to do dailies and rarely visiting WvW.

No Anet that is not because of how much I’m loving the other content, I’m bored as hell with the new content and WvW had been destroyed for me.

This was suppose to be the time of old players returning to the game, old GvG guilds coming back to take advantage of guild arenas, and just more enjoyment in WvW and the Game as a whole.

It’s depressing just how bad you dropped the ball this time.

I am not sure if you gave any useful info in your post though this is true for a lot of ppl who do not like the new maps. Its just a bunch of negative adjectives with no real info behind them.
Keep in mind you can only ask as much of what Anet can do “there not enofe ppl playing it” is not something Anet can control (you simply cant forces ppl into playing things). That and some things about maps cant be changed such as total size and some spacing of points to take. If any thing the best that could be done is removing some land that simply gets in the way or add in more walk ways to get from point a to point b.

Any way my view on the new BL is i think its to complex for players it needs to be dumb down to get from point a to b.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

in WvW

Random.4691

Why would I give useful info ? Useful info has been plastered all over the WvW forums some of which I have given. The thread topic is a question, I answered that question, providing any meaningful info at this point is moot, they will do whatever they want to do without regard of what the players are asking for or warning against. They proved this when they let none WvW players test the map because they were streamers over the people who could have actually given proper feedback on our behalf. But ya let’s let Doc Got Game and his casual minions who spend most of their time playing other games or PvE’ing test the WvW map because that will surely help provide real feedback.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Why would I give useful info ? Useful info has been plastered all over the WvW forums some of which I have given. The thread topic is a question, I answered that question, providing any meaningful info at this point is moot, they will do whatever they want to do without regard of what the players are asking for or warning against. They proved this when they let none WvW players test the map because they were streamers over the people who could have actually given proper feedback on our behalf. But ya let’s let Doc Got Game and his casual minions who spend most of their time playing other games or PvE’ing test the WvW map because that will surely help provide real feedback.

I cannot speak to the others you personally attack but, I am a primary WvWer, and not a streamer. My guild only has 2 who stream, they do it for fun. 60 of us tested the map.

You are speaking about things that you know absolutely nothing about.

When you refuse to offer productive feedback, even when asked, all that suggest to me is that you do not honestly care about the game, it’s, state, or possibly improving it.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Chaba.5410

This was suppose to be the time of … old GvG guilds coming back to take advantage of guild arenas

Not exactly. It is a little bit of a situation where these changes came too late. The dedicated players already spent a hardcore amount of time and have now “been there, done that”. Guilds look for a high level of competition. If you follow the scene at all you’d know that the competition quality is rather low right now. There wouldn’t be much of a challenge for old guilds.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

coglin.1867

This was suppose to be the time of … old GvG guilds coming back to take advantage of guild arenas

Not exactly. It is a little bit of a situation where these changes came too late. The dedicated players already spent a hardcore amount of time and have now “been there, done that”. Guilds look for a high level of competition. If you follow the scene at all you’d know that the competition quality is rather low right now. There wouldn’t be much of a challenge for old guilds.

For that matter, what does GvG guilds and guild halls have to do with WvW in any way? If Randoms argument is that GvGers return for guild halls arena battles, why would anyone expect to see them in WvW? Seems to me that entire discussion has nothing to do with WvW,

in WvW

Chaba.5410

A lot of GvG guilds cross-over into WvW. That is their roots and many of their players spend time outside of rallies playing casually or roaming in WvW.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Random.4691

I cannot speak to the others you personally attack but, I am a primary WvWer, and not a streamer. My guild only has 2 who stream, they do it for fun. 60 of us tested the map.

When you refuse to offer productive feedback, even when asked, all that suggest to me is that you do not honestly care about the game, it’s, state, or possibly improving it.

Re-read what I post, you and your friends were not the only ones there and judging by your posts in the past I have a hard time finding you would have given any productive feedback.

What does arenas and GvG have to do with WvW, see Chaba’s response. Lastly once again the topic is a question, the question was answered. If you don’t like my answer that is your prerogative but try to realize not everyone has a carbon copy answer that you will agree with which means all answers or opinions are valid.

in WvW

coglin.1867

Re-read what I post, you and your friends were not the only ones there and judging by your posts in the past I have a hard time finding you would have given any productive feedback.

What does arenas and GvG have to do with WvW, see Chaba’s response. Lastly once again the topic is a question, the question was answered. If you don’t like my answer that is your prerogative but try to realize not everyone has a carbon copy answer that you will agree with which means all answers or opinions are valid.

I never mention taking umbridge with your answer to the direct question of the threads title. I simply corrected you on your misinformation you posted about who was or was not invited.

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

I’ve moved on, it is obvious the devs are either clueless or just totally incompetent. Don’t even log in for the daily rewards anymore, let alone doing the daily achievement.

WvW was always my fallback when PvE got boring (usually about an hour after logging in). But HoT is so pathetically horrible that I’ve given up on the game completely. PvE and WvW are a sad pathetic shadow of what they once were. Now it’s all grinding and paywalls. What a joke.

HoT is basically a game that took everything away that I worked for and made me pay for the “privilege” of working on it all over again. ANET is the laziest bunch of devs I have ever seen.

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

I paid my WoW account with ingame gold today and already grind honor for the upcoming season. Thanks, Anet. You made it really easy with HoT.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

OK in T3, specifically on Maguuma, we are making a push in NA Prime and EU.

So far it has been really positive in that people are showing up and playing. If more servers do this kind of thing we may be able to resurrect wvw. Perhaps make the BL’s populated again, but it takes a lot of work from the server leaders and the main commanders.

This is Player Driven, and A-Net needs to get the fact that it’s always been the Players that made WvW, not them:)

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

If it’s to the player to drive WvW why did they add so much automatic stuff ? And sentry who show ennemy on map ? They remove a lof of human interaction to add scripted AI…

in WvW

Posted by: Torgrim.3642

Torgrim.3642

I ain’t gonna set my foot ever again on that new map, not even EB with that stupid upgrade system.
Time for a long wait for Crowfall.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

OK in T3, specifically on Maguuma, we are making a push in NA Prime and EU.

So far it has been really positive in that people are showing up and playing. If more servers do this kind of thing we may be able to resurrect wvw. Perhaps make the BL’s populated again, but it takes a lot of work from the server leaders and the main commanders.

This is Player Driven, and A-Net needs to get the fact that it’s always been the Players that made WvW, not them:)

Yea, the basic idea is that leaders have to LEAD. A lot of things in WvW are completely player-driven since we don’t have “dynamic events” or “meta events” or “hearts” or “escort events” and other PVE stuff like that. It is a sandbox and it only does what you put into it. It is like with pugmanding, if you want to have a following you have to work for it by investing your time to do it. Opponent server ktraining your BL? What are you doing about it? You’re only going to PvD if you don’t respond to defense events.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

I haven’t seen any of the regular late night weekend crews that were always in my home bl… makes me sad. Maybe they’ll be on Saturday night? #haventgivenuphopeyet

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I ain’t gonna set my foot ever again on that new map, not even EB with that stupid upgrade system.

I was just looking at videos for Crowfall.
An RvR game with player collision, that’s how you break up zergs.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yeah I’m looking forward to Crowfall more than CU.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

New maps looks kittenty.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Yeah I’m looking forward to Crowfall more than CU.

For me CU will entirely depend on the sub fee, but yeah… Crowfall looks more interesting so far.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: PSYCHOSIM.2935

PSYCHOSIM.2935

Totally quit playing guildwars 2. The only thing i played was WvW. Thanks for killing it Arenanet…

in WvW

Posted by: Master Farkha.1857

Master Farkha.1857

The new maps have made it clear that the devs know almost nothing about what makes WvW tick and provide further proof of the lack of leadership and direction the WvW game mode. I’m barely logging in anymore.

in WvW

coglin.1867

If it’s to the player to drive WvW why did they add so much automatic stuff ? And sentry who show ennemy on map ? They remove a lof of human interaction to add scripted AI…

They did some automatic stuff because it was overwhelmingly demanded for. Trolls building questionable siege in order to burn supply to prevent upgrades from occurring were getting bad. But they were building siege that could be argued wasn’t direct trolling.

I am a little unsure how you missed the very daily new thread about trolls, as they occurred, well, daily, because it was such a problem. This solved that. It was extensively discussed in many many threads. I am not certain how you could have missed it.

Sentry’s showing enemies on maps was also very heavily discussed and very often requested. I am not certain how you missed that either to be totally honest.

Both those additions removed many more real problems then the faux problems I see posters having to use paragraphs to try to create.

I often wonder where some of the posters who do not like it were during all of the discussion before the changes occurred. I often see many of the posters complaining, have post history displaying their support in the very aspects they complain about now. Which is really odd.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I used to roam, which usually turned into a small 5-10 man havoc squad about every other afternnoon. I haven’t done that once.

I stopped regular WvW for a very brief time due to the crashes, but the 64 bit client solved that.

I find I don’t play as much because the new BLs have turned into a ghost town, except for reset night. I can only PvD for so long. Usually an hour and a half is my limit. If we have gotten into fights, we’re usually outnumbered 2 to 1, so I end up going to EB for more even fights and closer objectives.

My passion for WvW is waning.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Dancing Face.4695

Dancing Face.4695

The new map is good, it let me know Mount & Blade and now i stopped playing Gw2.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Ok changed my mind, I’ve given up defending this garbage of an auto upgrade system. WvW and GW2 in general is being stowed away. GG anet

in WvW

Posted by: Safir.9203

Safir.9203

Quit playing WvW? More like I’ve quit playing the game in general.

WTB GW2 back the way it was w/out this HoT b.s.

in WvW

Posted by: Shoku.4697

Shoku.4697

Nope, i didnt quit and will not quit.

You see, nothing remains the same and everything changes, now you either adapt to whatever is changing, or just turn your back and leave, personal opinions and demands.

Im a hardcore WvW player, its the most fun im having in the game, yes many things has changed, and for some people the new maps KILLED the sole joy they had in WvW, but isnt this the way whenever a new expansion comes out?! People keep demanding new content and changes and when they hit ‘BAM’ they quit!

Imho, this game offers a lot for a F2P game, and I have taken my share into many MANY MMO’s, and not a single game offers something like WvW at least in the mean time.

We are still raiding and we are having fights and enjoying our time, automating upgrades gives raiders like me the time to focus on fighting and killing other groups, and the role of a Scout will never die off, the BL’s does not scout them selves!

in WvW

Posted by: johnnyg.3186

johnnyg.3186

WvWvW was my main game mode and I loved it, now I’m playing WvWvW 90% less post the BL changes.

Veles Iris
Mesmer Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

I have already say that this map and mechanics are fine for guild playing only at prime time and focusing on fight.
Btw this map is perfect for that.

You join, you don’t care about nothing, just searching the dot from ennemy on map… You run, you make your fight, and you continu.

Don’t need to care about defense, structures are useless. No need to check upgrade, all is automatic. No need for scouts, sentry tell you where the ennemy are and the lord can defend the keep the time you join the fight.

But for a lot of other people, playing at off peak time, that’s not the same story.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

They did some automatic stuff because it was overwhelmingly demanded for. Trolls building questionable siege in order to burn supply to prevent upgrades from occurring were getting bad. But they were building siege that could be argued wasn’t direct trolling.

I am a little unsure how you missed the very daily new thread about trolls, as they occurred, well, daily, because it was such a problem. This solved that. It was extensively discussed in many many threads. I am not certain how you could have missed it.

Sentry’s showing enemies on maps was also very heavily discussed and very often requested. I am not certain how you missed that either to be totally honest.

Both those additions removed many more real problems then the faux problems I see posters having to use paragraphs to try to create.

I often wonder where some of the posters who do not like it were during all of the discussion before the changes occurred. I often see many of the posters complaining, have post history displaying their support in the very aspects they complain about now. Which is really odd.

Even trolls lost their motivation so yeah in that aspect the automated upgrades is a huge success. Instead of having active gamemasters to react on all the reports they came up with this.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

I never mention taking umbridge with your answer to the direct question of the threads title. I simply corrected you on your misinformation you posted about who was or was not invited.

I’m glad we finally established that 60 people from your guild tested the map.

Now we know who to blame for the terrible map- or did your feedback get completely ignored like anyone else who said anything other than ‘my god, how great this map is for wvw’?

Perhaps therein lies the problem- they invited a huge guild to test the map without giving any thought to smaller worlds or smaller coverage.

Random has posted a lot of feedback, and the post before the one you highlighted detailed exactly what has happened.

No amount of ‘your opinion doesn’t matter’ and ‘your opinion doesn’t reflect the majority’ (who says? you? that’s just expressing a non-factual opinion at the same level) will cover up the bare fact, which is that for most servers (apart from yours, apparently, but then again you helped test it..) the new BL delivered the exact opposite of what attracted players to wvw, and as a result they are dead.

Trying to cover that up and make it seem like everything is fine when one person posts a video of a 5 man ‘raid’ in a BL just reeks of desperation.

in WvW

Posted by: Xtreme Light.2098

Xtreme Light.2098

I´ve quit WvW and am about quitting the game in whole. Anet has killed WvW.
I used to play WvW on a daily basis but since the new maps and modus are out this has changed. I can´t believe that Anet did not know what they are doing. So the conclusion is that they did this with full intention.
I regret deeply buying the ultimate version of HoT. The game turned with HoT for me into grinding. And I hate grinder.

in WvW

Posted by: Shukriyya.7629

Shukriyya.7629

I used to play wvw a lot, nowadays I only do my dailies – sometimes I don’t even bother with that.

In retrospect it’s really obvious how all of the changes hurt wvw. Small-scale roaming/havoc is a lot less effective because of the loss of +5, the higher supply costs of guild catas/acs, the auto-upgrades and the new map with the long distances between objects. Guilds have to grind pve to get their guild hall upgraded and their buffs back. Players have to gain their elite specs. So that leaves wvw with empty maps, which means that even the players who aren’t busy grinding somewhere else don’t have much of an incentive to play wvw.

As others have suggested, one thing they could do is to remove auto-upgrades. Make upgrades free but have them need player interaction to start. That would at least make it a little easier for smaller groups to take objectives as they won’t always be encountering fully upgraded objectives.

Another thing anet needs to look at asap are the guild upgrades. First of all, the costs of upgrades need to be scaled to the roster size of guilds, so that smaller guilds have a chance to obtain their upgrades, too. Make smaller guild halls for smaller guilds if you want to appease the bigger guilds – we don’t need huge halls, anyway, and some of us might even prefer smaller halls.

Being able to start building a war room shouldn’t be dependent on having other upgrades – wvw guilds shouldn’t be forced to play pve in order to get their upgrades. This also means that the materials used for upgrading the war room should be materials that you can get from playing wvw.

Proofs of heroics should go in the wallet and be accessible for all characters without having to use the bank workaround. We should be able to play wvw on our main characters and still be able to get hero points for alts.

As for the new map – well, the easiest thing would be to retire it and bring the old borderland map back, even if it means that a lot of work hours were wasted. I just don’t understand why anet made a map with EotM mechanics when most wvw players said that they don’t like EotM. I guess you could rework the map into a new EotM map and rotate it with the old one? If you insist on keeping it as the borderlands map, at least get rid of the shrines and the oasis event.

RoF

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Players have to gain their elite specs.

This really hasnt been an issue since they nerfed requirements by 40%, after getting the main 3 masteries in Magumma it takes ~2h to unlock most if not all of an elite spec for your alts. Hell on my main I not only have reaper spec and went all the way down to 0 hero points, I now have an additional 250 hero points and that’s not even focusing to get them.

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

Love the new map and the new mechanics, it’s a new thing that allows me to get all kitteny trying to figure out all the nifty angles and tricky things to do…the old map map was old and used up. it’s new and no way in hell do I want the same old crusty bl back.

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Love the new map and the new mechanics, it’s a new thing that allows me to get all kitteny trying to figure out all the nifty angles and tricky things to do…the old map map was old and used up. it’s new and no way in hell do I want the same old crusty bl back.

So, it looks good and has some pve mechanics and gimmicks in it.

And there was me thinking wvw was about, well, world vs world in epic battles and smaller battles, when all along apparently it’s just a pretty map to look at and figure out how to get around in…