How many quit playing WvW since new maps?

in WvW

Posted by: gitflap.9031

gitflap.9031

Most of what I used to do, and have fun with in WvW is irrelevant now. I could completely change how I play, but I didn’t do that in 3+ years coz other playstyles bore me. So I’m done. Had some great times tho.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Why would I give useful info ? Useful info has been plastered all over the WvW forums some of which I have given. The thread topic is a question, I answered that question, providing any meaningful info at this point is moot, they will do whatever they want to do without regard of what the players are asking for or warning against. They proved this when they let none WvW players test the map because they were streamers over the people who could have actually given proper feedback on our behalf. But ya let’s let Doc Got Game and his casual minions who spend most of their time playing other games or PvE’ing test the WvW map because that will surely help provide real feedback.

I cannot speak to the others you personally attack but, I am a primary WvWer, and not a streamer. My guild only has 2 who stream, they do it for fun. 60 of us tested the map.

You are speaking about things that you know absolutely nothing about.

When you refuse to offer productive feedback, even when asked, all that suggest to me is that you do not honestly care about the game, it’s, state, or possibly improving it.

Re-read what I post, you and your friends were not the only ones there and judging by your posts in the past I have a hard time finding you would have given any productive feedback.

What does arenas and GvG have to do with WvW, see Chaba’s response. Lastly once again the topic is a question, the question was answered. If you don’t like my answer that is your prerogative but try to realize not everyone has a carbon copy answer that you will agree with which means all answers or opinions are valid.

I never mention taking umbridge with your answer to the direct question of the threads title. I simply corrected you on your misinformation you posted about who was or was not invited.

I’m glad we finally established that 60 people from your guild tested the map.

Now we know who to blame for the terrible map- or did your feedback get completely ignored like anyone else who said anything other than ‘my god, how great this map is for wvw’?

Perhaps therein lies the problem- they invited a huge guild to test the map without giving any thought to smaller worlds or smaller coverage.

Random has posted a lot of feedback, and the post before the one you highlighted detailed exactly what has happened.

No amount of ‘your opinion doesn’t matter’ and ‘your opinion doesn’t reflect the majority’ (who says? you? that’s just expressing a non-factual opinion at the same level) will cover up the bare fact, which is that for most servers (apart from yours, apparently, but then again you helped test it..) the new BL delivered the exact opposite of what attracted players to wvw, and as a result they are dead.

Trying to cover that up and make it seem like everything is fine when one person posts a video of a 5 man ‘raid’ in a BL just reeks of desperation.

You and yours should have applied to be ones to test it. Seems to me your argument is that you failed to even try, since you failed to apply to test it, then cry about it later. Perhaps you should have been a little les talk, and a lot more action, when it comes to this issue.

By the way, since your quitting, can I have your stuff?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Why would I give useful info ? Useful info has been plastered all over the WvW forums some of which I have given. The thread topic is a question, I answered that question, providing any meaningful info at this point is moot, they will do whatever they want to do without regard of what the players are asking for or warning against. They proved this when they let none WvW players test the map because they were streamers over the people who could have actually given proper feedback on our behalf. But ya let’s let Doc Got Game and his casual minions who spend most of their time playing other games or PvE’ing test the WvW map because that will surely help provide real feedback.

I cannot speak to the others you personally attack but, I am a primary WvWer, and not a streamer. My guild only has 2 who stream, they do it for fun. 60 of us tested the map.

When you refuse to offer productive feedback, even when asked, all that suggest to me is that you do not honestly care about the game, it’s, state, or possibly improving it.

Re-read what I post, you and your friends were not the only ones there and judging by your posts in the past I have a hard time finding you would have given any productive feedback.

What does arenas and GvG have to do with WvW, see Chaba’s response. Lastly once again the topic is a question, the question was answered. If you don’t like my answer that is your prerogative but try to realize not everyone has a carbon copy answer that you will agree with which means all answers or opinions are valid.

I never mention taking umbridge with your answer to the direct question of the threads title. I simply corrected you on your misinformation you posted about who was or was not invited.

Now we know who to blame for the terrible map- or did your feedback get completely ignored like anyone else who said anything other than ‘my god, how great this map is for wvw’?

Perhaps therein lies the problem- they invited a huge guild to test the map without giving any thought to smaller worlds or smaller coverage.

Random has posted a lot of feedback, and the post before the one you highlighted detailed exactly what has happened.

No amount of ‘your opinion doesn’t matter’ and ‘your opinion doesn’t reflect the majority’ (who says? you? that’s just expressing a non-factual opinion at the same level) will cover up the bare fact, which is that for most servers (apart from yours, apparently, but then again you helped test it..) the new BL delivered the exact opposite of what attracted players to wvw, and as a result they are dead.

Trying to cover that up and make it seem like everything is fine when one person posts a video of a 5 man ‘raid’ in a BL just reeks of desperation.

Maybe your post is sarcasm. Hard to tell.

I participated in the betas, as did many of my guildies and many of the people in T1. If you go back and read the feedback, almost everyone predicted exactly what’s happening. Look at my post history; you will see. It doesn’t matter if you’re in a big guild or not, because big guilds don’t raid 24/7. We set up havocs during the afternoon or during off raid days.

This stuff isn’t rocket science, and all one needs to do is look at what the incentives are and you can see where people will go. The incentives were there in beta, but the devs didn’t listen. Well, sort of. Some do. We were there to test what they already made. The current system incentives fighting. This is something we all want, and asked for. However, that’s not what WvW is all about. It is more than just about fighting. After all, they gave us an arena in the OS and guild halls. If you just want to just fight, go there and GvG. WvW is about fighting AND objectives. Otherwise, why even have a score?

I think everyone agrees that the no gold cost and auto-path of the upgrades is a great thing that got rid of trolls. Having supply not tied to upgrades is also a good thing, and helped with troll situations. So take these 2 aspects and get rid of the bad: auto upgrades. Make yaks important again. If yaks don’t get in, structures don’t upgrade. That will make yaks and camps important again.

There are all kinds of issues that were predicted, some things, we were flat out lied to about, like with guild halls, but that’s just one example.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

(edited by Spurnshadow.3678)

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

You and yours should have applied to be ones to test it. Seems to me your argument is that you failed to even try, since you failed to apply to test it, then cry about it later. Perhaps you should have been a little les talk, and a lot more action, when it comes to this issue.

By the way, since your quitting, can I have your stuff?

Applied, but since I have a ‘chequered’ posting history (ie, Anet forum mods delete and ‘moderate’ my posts as I am quite forthright in my opinions) I wasn’t accepted.

Maybe those that beta tested should have been more vocal in their objections and made their points of view more forcibly known at the time, then we wouldn’t have this mess?

Perhaps a lot less talk and a lot more action from the beta testers?

It’s funny how the main defence is now that anyone who doesn’t like it is ‘crying’ about it. We’re not ‘crying’ about it, we are expressing our opinion about it, which is that we don’t like it.

I’m sorry that you felt so upset by my post (cried about it?) that you felt you needed to divert from the purpose of the thread and try and discredit me.

Can’t remember saying I was quitting the game in any of my posts.

in WvW

coglin.1867

Applied, but since I have a ‘chequered’ posting history (ie, Anet forum mods delete and ‘moderate’ my posts as I am quite forthright in my opinions) I wasn’t accepted.

What method did you use to apply?

What does post history have to do with in game material? I know for a fact that players I am well acquainted with, that are banned from the forums, were invited.

I think your under a misconception that the forums are the only way to offer feedback in a beta, that is grossly inaccurate. Nor have I seen any evidence that forum post have anything to do with the invitations. DO you have evidence of that?

Maybe those that beta tested should have been more vocal in their objections and made their points of view more forcibly known at the time, then we wouldn’t have this mess?

How so?

I think your working under a misconception here as well. Do you have any evidence that that all the testers disliked the new maps or mechanics?

Perhaps a lot less talk and a lot more action from the beta testers?

Perhaps more action from you. Did you even apply to test it?

You appear to be all about blaming others. If you honestly feel your forums behavior has everything to do with it, perhaps you should spend more time accepting responsibility for your own action. Those who tested it do not owe you anything.

It’s funny how the main defence is now that anyone who doesn’t like it is ‘crying’ about it. We’re not ‘crying’ about it, we are expressing our opinion about it, which is that we don’t like it.

That would be true, if you were not closed to anything those who disagree with have to say, as I feel many others are. Personally, I have trouble taking all the negative feedback seriously when it started on day one. Not even a month and some seem to claim they are definitively correct to dislike so many things. Personally I simply feel many were resistant to change, and started feeding on one another salt.

I’m sorry that you felt so upset by my post (cried about it?) that you felt you needed to divert from the purpose of the thread and try and discredit me.

How did I attempt to discredit you? By not agreeing with you?

Can’t remember saying I was quitting the game in any of my posts.

Oh, you play PvE or PvP? Sorry, it seemed to me that if you felt WvW was as bad as you suggest, that you wouldn’t play it anymore. If you enjoy the PvE, or PvP, I can see why you would stick around.

in WvW

Notsoperky.2348

You know your on the defensive when you have to pick apart a post line by line to try and break up the argument.

If you liked the mechanics and the new map (there is only one, copied three times, in case you didn’t notice) then that was your opinion at the time. So far, that opinion (based on the numbers I don’t see in wvw compared to before the new map came out) appears to have been the wrong one as far as others enjoying the game mode is concerned.

I applied but it seems mostly large T1 guilds were accepted for the testing. It’s a shame that they either didn’t state their views well enough to get anything changed and we ended up with a map that appears to be deeply unpopular, or they were blinded by having large numbers in the map and didn’t stop to consider the majority of players who don’t play on queued servers.

I’m not closed to others having opinions, but you might want to look in the mirror in that respect.

If you really think the new map is a success, then I can’t help you. We’ll just have to agree to disagree.

in WvW

coglin.1867

You know your on the defensive when you have to pick apart a post line by line to try and break up the argument.

If you say so.

I am not sure how it was relevant to anything, but I guess your entitled to whatever assumptions you wish to make.

If you liked the mechanics and the new map (there is only one, copied three times, in case you didn’t notice) then that was your opinion at the time. So far, that opinion (based on the numbers I don’t see in wvw compared to before the new map came out) appears to have been the wrong one as far as others enjoying the game mode is concerned.

I thought they were fine. Most of my feedback was that I thought the tower/keep lords scaled a little much. I felt that walls and doors were over tuned.

Mostly I had issues with some bugs. Some of which they fixed, others were not. Such as the obstructed issues.

I applied but it seems mostly large T1 guilds were accepted for the testing. It’s a shame that they either didn’t state their views well enough to get anything changed and we ended up with a map that appears to be deeply unpopular, or they were blinded by having large numbers in the map and didn’t stop to consider the majority of players who don’t play on queued servers.

What method did you use to apply?

How many T1 guilds got in? I didn’t see that when I was on.

Well there were only 3 servers up to test, so all the testers were essentially in 1 tier. I do not know how population effected feedback.

I’m not closed to others having opinions, but you might want to look in the mirror in that respect.

Why would I want to do that? I am not on the unreasonably salty side.

Glade I have a fan in you though.

If you really think the new map is a success, then I can’t help you. We’ll just have to agree to disagree.

Hmm, you should probably refrain from jumping to conclusion. This goes back to my references about the salty side. You appear to think that simply because I do not despise the new maps, that I love them. I argued against the idea of new maps long ago when all the complainers demanded them simply for a change of scenery. I am not in favor of the new maps, I simply do not hate them.

I do like some of the new mechanics though.

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Fortunately for me, my guild still plays in the new BL’s. We’re seeing a lot of fights in the southern sections of the BL’s, where our spawn is in other BL’s. There’s a lot of camp flipping and attacking and defending the southern towers.

I’m disappointed that the auto-upgrades aren’t effected by the supply chain. It doesn’t seem logical coming from the previous system. IMHO, they should only upgrade if there is available supply, taken from the tower’s depot. If supply is cut off, no upgrade should happen. Also disappointed that we have no WP’s in Fire and Air keeps. Is this something that is stuck behind guild upgrades? If so, shame on you for locking us out of something we had previously unlocked (like +5 supply and all the other guild claim bonuses we’d spend influence on). BL’s might have more people playing if getting around the map was a little easier. I don’t mean the maze-like paths in some places, I mean waypoints in fire and air keeps.

I have to admit, though, that the keeps in the new BL’s are quite beautiful.

Edit to say I miss the gathering nodes. Sure we have them at camps, keeps, and towers, but no opportunities any more for rich veins anywhere. Total available gathering materials on the new maps seem to be less than half of what we had access to in the old borderlands.

(edited by Sinbold.8723)

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Love the new map and the new mechanics, it’s a new thing that allows me to get all kitteny trying to figure out all the nifty angles and tricky things to do…the old map map was old and used up. it’s new and no way in hell do I want the same old crusty bl back.

So, it looks good and has some pve mechanics and gimmicks in it.

And there was me thinking wvw was about, well, world vs world in epic battles and smaller battles, when all along apparently it’s just a pretty map to look at and figure out how to get around in…

Good call, yeah… PvE is for figuring out angles and looking pretty. But hey, the old maps were prettier anyways! Not sure how dusty cliffs are prettier than rolling hills and rivers.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Many of those of us who tested the map agree with you and had many of the same issues that are now being discussed and we documented those in the beta forum and were ignored by anet so this line of debate is probably not worth pursuing.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Swift.1930

I know I’ve said it before, but I still don’t quite understand… why did we need to lose the old borderlands? Couldn’t the new ones have been part of a map rotation? (There’s three teams, so three maps can potentially swap owner per reset!)

I don’t like that the expansion replaced the old content rather than expanding upon it.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Fortunately for me, my guild still plays in the new BL’s. We’re seeing a lot of fights in the southern sections of the BL’s, where our spawn is in other BL’s. There’s a lot of camp flipping and attacking and defending the southern towers.

Interesting cause thats what my guild is seeing as well, which is the area most removed from gimmicks and while it has some choke points its relatively easy to navigate. Not that we’re seeing a lot of fights but those we are seeing are mainly happening there.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Notsoperky.2348

Went in for an hour 10.30-11.30pm UK time, and 6 of us WvD (world vs doors) around the BL. We saw exactly two enemies in that hour. If I want to flip camps I could just go to EoTM and join the karma train.

in WvW

Posted by: Diru.4531

Diru.4531

Yeah, I’m pretty much done. I really don’t feel much thought was put towards the competitive level of play we’ve become accustomed to over the last few years, or what factors affect the active WvW playerbase. I’m probably in the minority though. I only play WvW, have two paid accounts for it and just buy gems when I need gold. I didn’t buy HoT because everything seemed PVE gated.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Hadn’t missed more than a handful of reset since launch. Haven’t made one since HoT launched. Used to spend 3-5 hours per day in WvW. Haven’t spent 3 hours per week in WvW since HoT launched.

Yeah pretty well quit.

in WvW

Posted by: Omie.4519

Omie.4519

Add me to the the list. The new maps are ridiculously hard to get around and more importantly not any fun to play. It feels like they were meant to gave gliding but don’t.

Rip WvW Never5get.

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

With so many ppl (including myself) preferring the old map over the new kitten map, I will be surprised if Anet doesn’t revert it back….but then again its Anet. They know exactly how to kill game modes for others (WvW and PvP with unbalanced specs)

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I haven’t so much quit as just stopped playing that game mode; if I quit i would not even bother coming on the forums and would just uninstall. I want a CDI though so that we can give our input on what we want and need in order to have ANet see things as we, the WvW players, see them.

And yes I know it will involve change. Change does not scare me, as a matter of fact I welcome it so long as it is within the realm of “WvW” and not more PvE or k-train garbage. I also realize that my idea of what WvW should be would differ vastly from what another thinks it should be hence a back and forth discussion is in order (as was promised). The problem with ANet calling all the shots, is that they too will see things through their own eyes and that will sadly disregard many of us.

Unless the entire community is allowed some say as to what WE the long term players want then we will again be giving ANet’s interpretation of what they feel we always wanted.

The fact remains for this player I may return, but only after I see them open a discussion with us.

in WvW

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

WvW was the only mode I played in GW2. To me, it was the only mode (besides sPvP) where I could have fun, but that’s all in the past now.

I do have to thank anet for ruining it though, GW2 is very much a time waster.

in WvW

Posted by: Omie.4519

Omie.4519

o/ Count me out. rip Wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

I’ ve decided not to buy hot for current ranger/ druid status. Moreover as a wvw player, i had the chance to roam in the new borderlands. They are too huge and i spent nearly 30 mins before having a single encounter and as a ranger you can immagine what happened to me XD.
So to sum up : I’ ve quit wvw and proly the game soon.
I hope my post won’ t offend anyone, any dev, and so on. Just writing my experience after 7000 hours + of Gw2.
Regards

in WvW

Posted by: BlackSpathi.1062

BlackSpathi.1062

I’m in EU T7 and am a WvW only player. I’ve been in several WvW guilds but would spend most of my time solo or in small groups; scouting, upgrading and defending the old borderlands and would pop over to other bls to cause havoc and provoke fights when our bl would be quiet for a while. I loved those maps and didn’t go to eb often. These new maps and the auto upgrade system killed all the fun and purpose I had in WvW. I’ts just no fun anymore for solo players or small groups. I only see enemy blobs k-training now. Almost all my online friends of old seem to have left. I just pop in for dailies now and then log out again. I’ll very likely quit playing GW2 soon. I may come back if Anet ever realises the potential of WvW and acts accordingly.

btw Many people say the new borderlands look pretty but I find them ugly. I prefer the rolling green and snowy landscape of alpine bl .

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

For all you player that write that you still like WvW and say “sad for you guys that dont like the new wvw but thats life keep going and change game if you dont like it”
WELL WvW in gw2 have been the only game i’ve played since release years ago and I’ve loved every seconds of it..of easy do you think its to move on, I will not give up and keep writing those comments until anet understand that they did a horrible mistake and bring us back the old maps so all players hopefully will return. WvW is so empty now it hurts..

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Been too busy with Pve-related progression to even consider WvW. The first week, i played around in it, to see what the new map was like, but past that, it just doesn’t interest me at this point. After the PvE stuffs have been exhausted, i’ll return back to WvW.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

in WvW

Posted by: Jay.5604

Jay.5604

I have mostly played WvW since release, and for the first time ever I’m thinking about quitting or taking a long break with the new borderlands in HOT. I really hope Anet listens and bring back WvW that fits the players.

Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Been running around in new PvE maps and getting my 7 characters (I am only missing a ranger) their elite specs. Drop into WvW occasionally to see if they’ve fixed it. Still hate it. Will only play on the EB map, if at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.6340

Sol.6340

I quit tagging. I gave away all of my siege, stacks and stacks of it. I stopped roaming. I stopped being part of any zerg. I sometimes go in to follow one commander who is so disgusted that he’s stopped tagging.

I guess I’m feeling like I am done with WvW, not because I don’t love WvW but because WvW stopped being WvW and I can’t adapt and love the new model.

in WvW

Posted by: Mitz.5741

Mitz.5741

Yeh…im kittening done with WvW…

Cant bring myself to enjoy it anymore.

Call me when they fix it or change back to old WvW

Ty for killing bronze league, now i cant play

in WvW

Swift.1930

btw Many people say the new borderlands look pretty but I find them ugly. I prefer the rolling green and snowy landscape of alpine bl .

Yeah, seriously… what’s with that? The new borderlands are mixtures of random terrains all kinda clumped together and littered with keeps and towers and camps of utterly unrelated design. I miss my old Ascalonian homeland map. =(

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

erKo.9586

Still no statement from Anet that new WvW is a big FAIL, I would like to see some status of the activity before expansion and now in WvW(my server Far Shiverpeaks on EU is so dead.. just some ppl in eb)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I haven’t quit WvW because of the new maps.

I have quit because we’ve months and months of the same kitty national servers double teaming, waypointing to avoid fights, hiding behind 20 ACs and generally stale match ups. That and WvE doesn’t bring me the progression I want, I don’t get black diamonds for those viper sets I now need to invest in for condition builds or other stat combos. I barely get anything that I need for guild halls.

Quite frankly after the months of drama and terrible lack of fights from other servers I’m just happy to have a lot of other things to do.

in WvW

Posted by: Xeno.4610

Xeno.4610

I’m playing much less WvW than before the expansion. It’s actually not because of the new BL map itself, but because there is much less people playing WvW in general. So for now I’m only playing WvW during our daily guild raids, while before the expansion I did it much more, playing with pugmanders.

For guild raids we always go BL, but now we spend most of the time running across the dessert looking for any enemy. We’re not interested in taking empty structures, so we look for any fights, and those happen now quite rarely.

The map itself is not that bad, since there is lot of open space for nice fights. The problem is it’s hard to find any1 for fighting. There are of course some annonying and just stupid things on the map, like for example those rocks emerging from the ground around “garri”, teleporting lords, lava turrets, unnecesery verticality. All this isn’t helping in anything but is just annoying. Not mentioning the mid map event – did it once and won’t be do ever again – dull and boring PvE crap.

The new map has just too much cheese I’m not interested in. But it’s playable. What worries me much more is the ongoing shift in WvW fighting strategy. More and more long range hard cc (e.g. recently introducet wells and traps) without any stabi buf drives the WvW fights in a direction I really don’t like. Add to this to much op siege simulator instead of real fights. I suppose, that after the blobbing guilds finish farming the PvE ingredients for upgrades like auto turrets, there will be no reason to go to BLs at all. And all this makes me to consider stop playing, not the new BL.

in WvW

Posted by: Keefe.3821

Keefe.3821

I don’t play the desert maps at all. Everything is fortified and the maps are too kitten big.

They need to bring the alpines back and stop with this autoupgrade nonsense.

The only way for the desert map to work is if they have only 1 map that with each server sharing it. Kind of like EOTM……maybe.

The desert map is a big mistake and EVERYONE on my server hates it. We even have guilds leaving because of that bullkitten map.

in WvW

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

I uninstalled yesterday, ArenaNet has shown multiple times they care little or at all and I don’t want to be treated like that.

I still check forums and Reddit in hope that there’s a dev post including major fixes and changes but alas nothing so far.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I still check forums and Reddit in hope that there’s a dev post including major fixes and changes but alas nothing so far.

Wait. What? They made a boatload of changes:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/New-Changes/first#post5780021

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

Wait. What? They made a boatload of changes:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/New-Changes/first#post5780021

EBG Lowlands and Jerrifers tower still get contested because guards attack ambient creatures.

Auto Upgrade is still a thing.

Desert Borderlands too vertical for the majority of players.

Shield generators too strong.

Much of the WvW aspects in the new Scribe profession too far and high locked into money and levels (such as the +5 supply).

Melee / Range tags suffering from the new squad system.

Some walls appear with 0% and are clickable but indestructible and revert back to normal later.

Projectiles going through T1 walls.

Ridiculous amount of client crashes for alot of people.

Some classes too dominant in AoE.

What gamemode are you exactly playing? What boatload of changes?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

What gamemode are you exactly playing? What boatload of changes?

Did you click the link?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

That is indeed a boatload considering it is WvW, usually it is a raft that just falls apart reaching its destination

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Remove the low hanging “bug fixes” and you are left with a few changes that didn’t fix any of the real problems.

They lowered the sky splitter damage instead of removing that terrible event completely.

They moved the WP’s but left them only available to the other servers and didn’t move them back to a T3 upgrade.

WvW is losing people fast and their minimal changes and lack of communication isn’t helping.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

There was an EPIC 3 way fight in SM last night that lasted about an hour, with Ehmry Bay, Darkhaven, and Sorrow’s Furnace. Granted it wasn’t on the new BL’s, but it was still a pretty epic battle. After, some of each group seemed to go to the other’s home BL’s and started flipping stuff.

Get used to the maps, please. Direct your energy at Scribe, and the fact we had ALREADY unlocked stuff for WvW that they took away from us and put behind a huge crafting/gathering/gold sink/paywall.

in WvW

Posted by: Chips.7968

Chips.7968

Since HoT I’ve pretty much stopped playing GW2. I bought the expansion (yay pre-order) but… WvW (BL) isn’t fun any more; it’s tedious.

I repeat… tedious. I play a game to have fun; I’ve not had fun in WvW BL’s since the update.

I’ve played a little EB but find it relatively pointless; things auto upgrade.

I’ve played some expansion material… but I don’t want go grind to get my specialisations stuff.

Played a few other games, will keep logging in every few days and maybe try WvW. But for now – can’t be bothered. Tedium isn’t the reason to play a game.

So not so much “quit the BL maps”, but quit the entire game. I’ve played less GW2 in 14 days than I played (on average) in an evening pre-expansion.

(edited by Chips.7968)

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

It is telling that EB has a queue and the borderlands are empty.

People would rather sit in a queue to get into a lagfest like EB than play the new borderlands.

EotM is quite populated as well, maybe just because people are trying to get hero points. Whatever the reason is i get more good fights in an evening playing EotM than i have in the desert borderland since it’s launch.

I think it’s safe to state that some urgent intervention to drastically reshape the borderlands into something people actually would like to play is needed. This train has long since ran by Floptown and is scheduled to arrive on time at Disasterville.

in WvW

Posted by: LittleAussieMozzie.7425

LittleAussieMozzie.7425

Yeah… I have pretty much quit now… EBG is absolutely toxic builds with toxic roamers, nobody plays for fun just to stay alive and run away. Won’t even cover the new desert borderlands as they are just pve only no players on them.

Initially I figured I just had to readjust my playstyle to match EBG, tried it went absolute cheese stealth spam as possible… Completely hated it no fun no challenge and now im done with wvw… Until roaming is feasible on a non stealth abusing class I wont be looking back.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I wanted to play tonight, but couldn’t find a fight beside from some roaming mesmers trying to 1-shot me. Gave up.

in WvW

erKo.9586

I wanted to play tonight, but couldn’t find a fight beside from some roaming mesmers trying to 1-shot me. Gave up.

Thats what happens om my server when i enter the desert maps.. cant find any fights but in EB its fights during evenings.

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

I fully expected the new map to be kitten after seeing what the devs managed to do in a full 3 years.. still, the point for me was the same as for the other tenthousands of players who have quit WvW during the last 3 years. Scoring, coverage, balance.. WvW basically being a non-competitive Sandbox and therefor gradually turning in a reward-machine… #1 issue since day one.

I’m not even mad at the devs, the world is full of incompetence and you shouldnt blame people for not knowing better, i congratulate them on getting the job.. as usual i’m mad at capitalism which makes it that game devs of large companies get hired by some human ressources people who never even played a game in their life and measure the ability of the people they hire by some diploma they bring or how their communication skills are and how they present themselves, kitten like that.

Well yeah so i checked HoT news, saw there was nothing in it for #1 issue.. deleted shortcut on desktop and havent logged in since.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

WvW problem is that some people take casual PvP mode too seriously. They blobbing around, using lame specs and tactics. If they wanna play serious PvP they could try to win some sPvP tournament or something.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

I love when Coglin shows up, such a White Knight, makes me giggle.

To Coglin…

You seem to have found a Zen place in the new BL’s and the current state of WvW, and I am very happy for you.

When it is only you and this “guild” you talk about, all by yourselves on an empty BL, “winning” against dem doors, I know you will find true happiness.

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

WvW problem is that some people take casual PvP mode too seriously. They blobbing around, using lame specs and tactics. If they wanna play serious PvP they could try to win some sPvP tournament or something.

sPvP is also bad. It’s so much wating 3 min+ to get into one match often. Then there is still PvE trash there aswell. Lame siege on the clocktower map. Spam 2 on a treb, such skill…. And even if you spend alot of time destroying the treb they can just repair it instantly. Caping points is boring. You get more points for killing a pve creature than killing an enemy player. Silly point score system.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Didn’t quit, but my wvw time has dropped from about 90% to 10%. Now the only action in T3 is on EBG in NA prime time.

Osu