How many quit playing WvW since new maps?

in WvW

Posted by: herzeleid.3719

herzeleid.3719

I guess I’d like the new map, possibly even it’s verticality (it’s something to get used to)…

IF it was full! And I mean really full, an enemy behind every corner.

Right now it is about PVE mostly, running, running and running again.

– Get rid of some of the too playfull PVE gimmicks (I do like some of them though)
– make supply and Dolyaks important again (no autoupgrades withouth supply)
– and get rid of the two other identical maps.

(and maybe of Edge of the Mists. I still don’t really understand what it’s good for other than taking players away from WvW. Honestly there is enough PVE content out there.)

After all, we got plenty of different maps (Stonemist, old Borderland, new Borderland, Edge of the Mists) but less WvW than ever.

I’m at a point where I’d prefer 1 WvW map only (with it’s design on rotation) over 4 empty maps and 1 that is about grinding and raiding in circles exclusively. I was even thinking about some kind of system where a second map only opens up, if there are enough players. (I know that might be technically impossible and it would introduce lots of other problems, but it’s a thought).

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

imo in my case ive seen more player in BL than the previous ones, on the alpine bl there was just 2 or 3 players most of the time 7-10 players was already a good number, and this is in NA t4 and sometimes t3, now ive seen more people grouped to take sutff back.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

I try to WvW. I really really try. But I can’t play for more than 10 minutes. Last evening, I was so bored that I chose to roam in EotM. Something I didn’t do since the map release. And I quit again, 10 minutes later.
It’s either EB blobs or empty BL.
I can’t believe I paid 50$ for this.
Never more ANet.

VoxL, NSPPT

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They made a map that would require a minimum of 250 players to really function, which is probably more than half their NA population from all servers at peak time right now.

So they have 24 copies of the same huge map and 8 copies of EBG (which would take 150 players conservatively)

Here is my math for NA (not calculating EotM):
Required players to fill the new BL maps: 6000
Required players to Fill EBG maps: 1200

The game with the current server system needs about 7000 players to function as it should. At reset time I would estimate at 1000 people the amount of people playing WvW at peak time and that is being extremely generous. At normal times I doubt there is more than 500 at peak time.

So here you are, 7200 player slots to fill, 500-1000 players around. At peak time we can only fill something like 7-14% of the maps, rest of the time WvW has about 2-3% of the needed population covered.

What I think should be done is:
1- Merge all the servers in 3 alliances
2- Make a new WvW world map with:

2 EotM maps in each top corners [100 players per map needed] 200 total
3 Alpine BL Below [100 players per map needed] 300 total
2 EBG maps in the middle [150 players per map needed] 300 total
3 Desert BL at the bottom[250 players per map needed] 750 total

Total population needed to fill the maps: 1550
There would still be room to grow but instead of filling 7-14% of the max population we would fill from 32 up to 64%.

3- Then change the PPT system to something faster and more active
4- Add a PPK system that is in favor of the losing teams
5- Add a reward based system that is proportional to your rank and that works toward the legendary journeys

That’s how I see it.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

If WvW had decent rewards, there would be more people playing. Not enough to fill out the new maps but it would probably return to pre-HoT levels.

One of the biggest reasons WvW has lost so many players since HoT is the loot nerf. Casuals don’t see a reason to play WvW anymore, sure they were fodder but they helped fill out the maps.

They still need to make changes to the new maps (too big etc) but a simple change to loot drops would help out quite a bit.

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Apparently not too many people on Ehmry Bay, Sorrows Furnace, and Darkhaven have quit, because the Ehmry Borderland was chock full of ALL of them pretty much all last night. Seemed like there were at least 2 roaming zergs for each server, with Ehmry outnumbered. And they’re learning map mechanics. Seems they haven’t found the secret passages yet, though, which is fine by me. But seriously, good times were had by all.

Those that have quit- did you know that the daily completion chest gives you an XP boost for ALL game modes? Want to pvp? Go a wvw daily, get the chest, open it for the boost, and go to pvp? Or go flip camps or take a tower with the boost to rank up.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Had a fun evening on Baruch Bay border fighting Vizunah guilds.
Que on ebg and 2 borders for Seafarer’s Rest.

Good to see that people are having fun again.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

I was doing quite a bit WvW before the expansion hit, now down to just doing a few of the daily achievements. I very rarely see large groups at the moment, unless they aren’t ours.

I certainly would not like WvW to change to 3 alliances, that would be totally counter productive. You would end up with 3 stacked maps to handle the numbers, some of them would be facing completely empty maps. The end result would be Edge of the Mists zergfests

in WvW

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

21/11 reset night T2:
new desert bls: 0 queue
Ebg: 160 queue.
Not even kidding
Yep anet.. you totally nailed it..
Ppl are loving the new maps.. it is just a few minority that didn’t like them…
Good job.
LoL
Even a child would see this was a total failure by now…
But not ANET.. accorsing to them.. it is going as expected and just a few players didnt like the great new wvw map…

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

The amount of people it would take to make the new BLs feel full would probably grid the frame rate to 0.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Me. And I actually like the new maps.

But I’m chasing achievement points and Anet didn’t add any for WvW. I would have thought that they would have added some to introduce the new map mechanics (similar to EoTM), but they didn’t.

(And no new achievements for stronghold either, another disappointment).

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

21/11 reset night T2:

Why not just say you are on TC?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I certainly would not like WvW to change to 3 alliances, that would be totally counter productive. You would end up with 3 stacked maps to handle the numbers, some of them would be facing completely empty maps. The end result would be Edge of the Mists zergfests

It’s not because they merge the servers into 3 alliances that we would necessarily be limited to 3 maps. If they merged the servers into alliance then they can have as many maps as is appropriate for the total population, instead of having 10 times too many maps.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I quit because of the hot requirements. Decided to come and visit WvW and cant even get into any BL because of HoT. But HoT wont change wvw at all, or atleast that’s what they lied to me about.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

I quit because of the hot requirements. Decided to come and visit WvW and cant even get into any BL because of HoT. But HoT wont change wvw at all, or atleast that’s what they lied to me about.

How can you not get into the BL? HoT is not a requirement in WvW. The only restrictions now are level 31 which can be bypassed through using the portals in LA and f2p which requires level 60…

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

New wvw maps? You mean EB and the other treadmills that built on mazes where you need to run and run and run and run and…

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Im experience big lags on the new borders when i test them(often just to do my daily shrine) I dont get this lags in EB and didn’t get those lags in the old borders..

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

BassHunteR.7246

21/11 reset night T2:

Yes i am from TC… so what??
If you are to dumb to realize 160 on eb queue means we had 80 inside just like any of the other 2 servers on that map.. the BLs were empty for everyone..
Got a point with your comment??? Guess not…

in WvW

Chaba.5410

21/11 reset night T2:

Yes i am from TC… so what??
If you are to dumb to realize 160 on eb queue means we had 80 inside just like any of the other 2 servers on that map.. the BLs were empty for everyone..
Got a point with your comment??? Guess not…

Yes I do have a point. Your server is the only one in the tier with such a high EB queue. “Thank you” for coming off Full status early. Your post was not reflective of “T2” at all. I spent all of reset night in the BLs.

The problem is created by both Anet and players. Players who chose to hump siege all night on a BL despite having roughly even numbers or because they’re all queued for EB. The map for not having any good locations from which to siege where attackers can force defenders to come out for open field. Etc.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

BassHunteR.7246

Players choose to play the bl that provides what they want.. if i wanna deal with wind pushing me away from bridges…rock spawning blocking paths… events to gather and deliver items to npc and such stuff i usually go to DS where the meta event gives loads of xp and gold…
Usually when i go wvw.. i am looking to fight players. Without those gimmick things to interfere…
Zergs jumping from infinite miles high with “no falling damage” buff and landing on top of you..
Thats usually not something i expect on wvw map..
And due to the feedback on this forum and the number of players actually playing the BLs.. i would say i am not alone with that feeling…
Eb has its flaws for sure… but one thing that it DOES NOT have is all the new gimmick implemented with the new BLs and apparently eb is where everyone wanna be no matter what..
Some ppl would rather stay in a 160 queue line while jumping around in LA then to go and play on those bls..
Recently if you take the time to look around you gonna see that even EOTM map is having constant more coverage then the new BLs.. and even some wvw guilds are going there when eb is queued..
Ye..wvw guilds going eotm cause they are bored of to much PVD on BLs..
Thats the situation…
So.. thanks again for crying about my server coverage… when that has nothing to do with the subject

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

21/11 reset night T2:

What does that have to do with anything? TC is more populous than either FA or SoS. The point of his post is that not many people on TC care for the new maps.

Hence, a 160 man queue.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Slowly moving away from WvW now. Been playing other games more and more. Planetside 2, EQ2…even, ugh…ESO. So have something to keep me busy until another wvw type game launches.

Have played the new maps a bit. But they are all but deserted except in NA Prime. Even then its usually just one zerg k-training on a given BL. EB is usually queued 20+ deep by the time I get home during the week.

Yup, this is now just a time filler while CamelotUnchained is in Alpha. Once it hits Beta in 2-3 months, bye bye GW2.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Bring back the old maps :’(

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

How can you not get into the BL? HoT is not a requirement in WvW. The only restrictions now are level 31 which can be bypassed through using the portals in LA and f2p which requires level 60…

I dont know, just know that I did not buy Hot. Logged into gw2 yesterday since a long time. Could get into EB just fine and no waypoints in BL, and portals to BL did not work for me.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

21/11 reset night T2:

What does that have to do with anything? TC is more populous than either FA or SoS. The point of his post is that not many people on TC care for the new maps.

Hence, a 160 man queue.

If that is the point of his post, then he shouldn’t mislead readers by saying “reset night T2”. Be honest and say TC.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Chaba.5410

my server coverage… when that has nothing to do with the subject

All I’m asking is that you don’t characterize your server’s coverage and player choices as T2 if it has nothing to do with the point you’re trying to make. In fact, both FA and SoS having lower queues than TC is much more telling of the point you’re trying to make.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

I dislike the new BLs because they are empty always. Auto upgrading is whats killing them. Everyone knows EB so instead of roaming or havocing on an empty map where even capping a camp is difficult due to it being fully upgraded(automatically), they go to EB. If you want to give the BLs a better shot i’d say remove auto upgrading.

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Slowly moving away from WvW now. Been playing other games more and more. Planetside 2, EQ2…even, ugh…ESO. So have something to keep me busy until another wvw type game launches.

Have played the new maps a bit. But they are all but deserted except in NA Prime. Even then its usually just one zerg k-training on a given BL. EB is usually queued 20+ deep by the time I get home during the week.

Yup, this is now just a time filler while CamelotUnchained is in Alpha. Once it hits Beta in 2-3 months, bye bye GW2.

Or when For Honor releases, eh? Haha, WvW and PvP will both disappear when that happens.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Or when For Honor releases, eh? Haha, WvW and PvP will both disappear when that happens.

Dude that game isn’t even mmorpg. I say that everybody quit gw2 when fifa 2017 releases.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

erKo.9586

I play on far shiverpeaks and people have started threads on our private forums with good questions to the real wvw players about what need to be changed, i think they will do a video and ask those questions to experienced wvw players and send to anet

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Far shiverpeaks just want that their monoblob will have advantage.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

I’ve noticed in T1 NA even the EBG queues are getting shorter and shorter. Generally it’s near 50 when you try to get in. Last night the largest I saw was 14, and it went fast. I don’t know that the ultimate answer is for WvW populations and vitality, but whatever it is ANet needs to find it soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Far shiverpeaks just want that their monoblob will have advantage.

Pfffffff, PvD’ers will only have their advantage. Avoid FSP at all costs, keep running around dodging battles and attack empty towers. :P
It should be really easy in the maze marathon running map.
All the fun you guys must be having, i’m not sure if i’m able to take it.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

in WvW

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Dude that game isn’t even mmorpg. I say that everybody quit gw2 when fifa 2017 releases.

Nope, not an MMO, but a lot like cooler version of WvW – melee siege deathmatches with actual controls O.o

Sports? Haha, maybe for you. I play GW2 for medieval/fantasy/setting/swords. When they implement that into Fifa, I’m in. (Not like Bloodbowl.)

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

in WvW

erKo.9586

Would be fun to see a status on WvW activity 1 year ago and now, regarding my friendlist it have dropped with about 40-50 %

in WvW

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

The new borderlands are pretty. That’s about it. The gameplay around them is terrible. Surely there are good elements, but if I needed to take up a weight loss program I would go and run outside to get fit. I don’t need a game to give me large map to run around endlessly doing nothing.

These new borderlands are the last nail to the coffin of WvW. Arenanet thinks that EoTM was great idea and they should build on it; or possibly they just care about k-train hungry PVErs.

The fact is simply that Arenanet either has no clue about what WvW community likes or they are intentionally trying to kill that community.

If common sense prevails, these maps will be thrown into the bin. Artwork is great to admire as part of gaming experience, but artwork is not gaming experience on its own.

in WvW

erKo.9586

The new borderlands are pretty. That’s about it. The gameplay around them is terrible. Surely there are good elements, but if I needed to take up a weight loss program I would go and run outside to get fit. I don’t need a game to give me large map to run around endlessly doing nothing.

These new borderlands are the last nail to the coffin of WvW. Arenanet thinks that EoTM was great idea and they should build on it; or possibly they just care about k-train hungry PVErs.

The fact is simply that Arenanet either has no clue about what WvW community likes or they are intentionally trying to kill that community.

If common sense prevails, these maps will be thrown into the bin. Artwork is great to admire as part of gaming experience, but artwork is not gaming experience on its own.

I cant agree they are “pretty” for me pretty is CLEAN, nature waterfalls, grass, mountains like the old borders. Dusty shadows, crappy mountains with so many levels, dark areas… nope not pretty at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

I had a choice today- have a day off and play GW2, or work. I chose work, as it’s less of a chore than grinding out exp and playing gimmick games (ie adventures) to get mastery points, or running around a Desert(ed) BL.

in WvW

Kaiser.9873

I’m on the verge. I find myself PvEing for an hour or so a day, and maybe WvW for a few hours per week. I used to WvW multiple hours per day with one or so hour of PvE a week.

Everything is PvE-locked, which is so ridiculous it’s not even worth discussing at this point.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Everything is PvE-locked, which is so ridiculous it’s not even worth discussing at this point.

Yes! It is just beating a dead horse at this point. I don’t worry too much about it anymore. It’s there. It will always be there. We will be at a disadvantage. We’ll just focus on other stuff that is more fun.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: Heather.4823

Heather.4823

I used to only play wvw since launch. Now I rarely go in as I hate the new borderlands. Such a shame

Siren – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Im just wondering how many are like me:
-Played 100% wvw & LOVED IT! before the expansion and new maps.
-Can’t handle the new maps becuase they are to big & messy & pve.
-Just play some EB sometimes but… the fun is gone because the maps are empty & everything about WvW just feels….lost becuase of the changes.
-Have actually tested PvE since the expansion but.. well it aren’t so fun as the old-days-WvW.

If there were enough players to fill the new maps you’d be having fun.
You compare a map you played for 3 years to the new one.
It’s normal that you feel confused and not accustomed to the layout.
Play this map for 3 years and it will look as simple and normal as the
old one.

There are enough players.. They just refuse to go on the New BL maps because they think they suck. They would rather stand in LA at the bank until their 50 man Q pops for EB instead of step foot on them. That is the reality. They know the lay out, they just hate it and are boycotting it. It is as simple as that. No, they will not play something they actively dislike for 3 years.. they will play something they enjoy instead.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

My guild was in WvW almost 100% of the time, with mandatory WvW nights a few times a week.

We took some time off for HoT to hit up PvE and get all our specializations and new gear…and found that there just wasn’t a lot of interest in the new WvW landscape.

I agree with what others have said- the new BLs are gorgeous, but there’s just not enough activity for such a large landscape. The verticality makes it easier to avoid your enemies rather than confront them, which encourages the karma-train behavior that’s so popular in EotM.

I’d love to see some hefty rewards for the new BLs only. Significantly increased drop rates, potential to get valuable guild hall items. I think they’d be great if they were populated; they seem like the kind of maps that thrive when full and fail when sparse. Some incentives may help encourage more folks to try them over the mindless EB blobbing that remains in the vacuum caused by the Alpine removal.

in WvW

Kaiser.9873

Im just wondering how many are like me:
-Played 100% wvw & LOVED IT! before the expansion and new maps.
-Can’t handle the new maps becuase they are to big & messy & pve.
-Just play some EB sometimes but… the fun is gone because the maps are empty & everything about WvW just feels….lost becuase of the changes.
-Have actually tested PvE since the expansion but.. well it aren’t so fun as the old-days-WvW.

If there were enough players to fill the new maps you’d be having fun.
You compare a map you played for 3 years to the new one.
It’s normal that you feel confused and not accustomed to the layout.
Play this map for 3 years and it will look as simple and normal as the
old one.

There are enough players.. They just refuse to go on the New BL maps because they think they suck. They would rather stand in LA at the bank until their 50 man Q pops for EB instead of step foot on them. That is the reality. They know the lay out, they just hate it and are boycotting it. It is as simple as that. No, they will not play something they actively dislike for 3 years.. they will play something they enjoy instead.

I have to say that even though YB has some guilds that do like the new maps enough to go there on occasion that most do not. I won’t go to the new maps at all as a first choice, and will only go there if I know that there are enough players on one to have fun with.

in WvW

erKo.9586

I used to only play wvw since launch. Now I rarely go in as I hate the new borderlands. Such a shame

Same here its so sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

GW2 has a deadly virus and the team of doctors who are trying to fix it are actually killing it faster.

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Well at least everybody is in EB, ignoring new disasterous borderlands. It is still something. I would really be angry if I was the CEO of Anet after this wvw thing. Still not too late to change.

in WvW

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

I tried playing the new maps, Commanded on new maps (took too long to take both gates down). The New maps were always empty. Too much PvE Crap in them.

Stopped playing the only game mode I like to play on GW2. ( My favorite game overall)
Now i only get on for sPvP every other day , instead of mostly every day WvW only.

PLay CSGO and RB6 now.

RIP World vs. World vs. World.
Might as well bring back the orbs <3

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

I am in the same boat as everyone else. I use to only play gw2 for wvw. I play now, occasionally going into ebg and get tired of blobs running around so I go to home bl, 3 people on the entire map from our server trying to take back the keep with a treb, sup cata and reg cata. 20 minutes later…take back keep and say…kitten , that long for that? Fall once, calculate the amount of time it will take me to catch back up with the 3 people….minimize, look up craigslist… see an old army truck for sale….close gw2.

And the weird thing about it…i don’t have any interest in, or have any intention of buying an old army truck..it was just more interesting than what i was already doing.

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

I did about 2 hours per night pre-HoT, now I’m down to about one hour, twice a week. I’ve spent about 2 hours total in the DBL’s and hate them, so I just pop in EBG and stay if anyone I know is playing. Just checked EBG at 9 PM EST and it is dead. If T3 is this quiet, I can’t imagine what lower tiers are like. What’s shocking is the new HoT maps are getting quiet too. I still have a couple skins I wouldn’t mind getting but even that is impossible when no one is doing the meta events anymore?

God’s honest truth, I actually checked out what pvp is like in WoW today. Yuck. Oh well, time to check out what’s on sale on Steam.

Osu

(edited by Osu.6307)