How many times have you transferred server?

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

CD>FSP (EU)>DH>CD
CD – Left during a rough period in their community atmosphere
FSP – Loved this server left due to latency issues
DH- Didn’t really like my Nudies so we left after only about 4 to 6 months
CD- Staying unless some unforeseen game life altering event screws with it like the last time I left CD.

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

haven’t moved off Mag since launch

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

DB 4 Life

Why move?

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

Gandara > SoR (went for a vacation since my GW1 friends were all on NA servers, have yet to return) > TC

(Please make it so that you can visit NA from EU to open world, then I will stop being one of those off hours people that unbalances matches, and play EU prime in EU and still have contact with friends in NA!)

in WvW

Posted by: Honest John.4673

Honest John.4673

Anvil Rock → Dragonbrand → Henge of Denravi → Tarnished Coast → DB → BG’s link at the time → RELINKED to CD (I think) → DB’s link at the time → RELINKED to whatever server it got relinked to → TC’s link (at the time) → Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Started game at launch on FA. A year later my “hardcore WvW” guild moved to IoJ then BP so I bought another account that was on sale to play with other friends still on FA. Then guild disbanded and I ended up with both accounts on FA, which seemed silly. Decided to use my first account to explore supposed differences between tiers and NA/EU that players related here on this forum. At the time a few friends asked me to level their alts so I ended up playing briefly on both NSP and Mag. Afterwards used it to play with a few different guilds in their GvGs before the scene completely broke up or to play WvW casually with some of the friends I made along the way. Purchased another on-sale account just to keep on an EU server but I barely play it.

First account: FA → IoJ → BP → FA → SoS → TC (T1 tour) → Kodash (EU tour) → BP (T8 tour) → YB → SoS → BG

Second account: FA

Third account: Kodash

So I chose both the migration and the server loyalty paths. They offered two different experiences that helped me retain interest in the game.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Been on every server, and will go to whatever server with the guild to get fights.

[Rekz] Another Dead WvW Guild

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

CD → Ebay → SoS → JQ

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

3 times since launch. Started on JQ. Transferred to FA, then SoS, now back on FA to stay hopefully.

in WvW

Posted by: cyberzombie.7348

cyberzombie.7348

transferred from IoJ to SoS for a friend but transferred back for good.

What good is a medic w/o a patient?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Ioj > sor > tc > bg. At least once a year I follow where my guild is.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Hmmm….

Maybe around 15? I’ve been on most of them in NA. I’ve financed a lot more helping move people around, though.

The first several came down to non-WvW/score-specific reasons; finding friends from other games or RL friends or whatever on other servers (especially pre-megaserver) and building a small community where we could all WvW together.

Most of them came from the endless cycle of transferring down because 10-man havoc was useless in T1/T2 (and a long time ago, T3/T4), and helping bringing the server up a tier or two when they start winning and make the decision and effort to push up, and then get demolished when they go too far and get demoralized and quit has put me through a lot of moves. Slow glicko would lead to weeks/months of stomp matchups with no support otherwise thereafter, so pretty much unless I/we decided to stop playing WvW (which is why I/we played the game), we had to move.

Then with HoT and small-scale totally dead and player counts low on anything that wasn’t T1/T2, a few moves to test the waters to find the right server to play as a solo player since my entire guild quit the game when DBL came around.

I have a feeling I know what this thread is kind of projecting, so I’d to state now that I think during all of the moves, I’ve only ended up transferring up three maybe four times. One of those was the collapse of SoR a bit after launch unrelated to WvW, another moving from FC to DB after a crash from the main guild leaving to JQ that we knew would never be overcome, and the third that I recall being my most recent move to TC since I was on T7 post-HoT in the original DBL’s with no roaming or blob scenes and no guild to back me up to take objectives with.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

The thread is actually meant to lend perspective for comments.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I honestly thought it was so you could hunt down the forum regulars to kill tbh.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Oh, basically all servers that were in T1 and guild moved when server fell out of T1?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Never. They don’t deserve my gems on that anyways. =p

Main: SBI
Alt: JQ but I haven’t played that much since HoT because no HoT

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I honestly thought it was so you could hunt down the forum regulars to kill tbh.

Oh hey! There’s an idea

in WvW

Posted by: danielrazor.6041

danielrazor.6041

IoJ > Ebay > HoD > SoS

IoJ: i was originally a PvE player. Went into EBG for fun to explore WvW after my first toon hit 80 and was rescued by my First guild [LAG] after getting attacked by 3 BP players. this was before links and IOJ was rock bottom in T8. went to play EoTM for a good 5 months before developing a passion for group fights and thus going back to hitting EBG. Stayed in IOJ for a good 8 ish months

Ebay: my transfer there was payed for by WoR. made really good friends while i was still in that guild before it soured and many of my friends left for DH. stayed on Ebay for a good 5-6 months

HoD: followed WoR off Ebay to HoD because Ebay died a little. stayed on HoD for about 2.5 months

SoS: followed my friends to SoS and I havent looked back since. I’m now the main commander in SEA time for SoS and part of Tidal Legion [TL] I did promise to go back to IOJ one day though so i dont know when :P im enjoying my WvW journey and my passion for the game mode is not going to die anytime soon ^^

[SALT] The Salty Pickles
Leia Ravenpaw – Dragonhunter
Daniel Ravenpaw – Daredevil

(edited by danielrazor.6041)

in WvW

Posted by: gryph.8734

gryph.8734

Never. Nor would I. My main guild was NSP from the beginning, and is still primarily so, although somewhat less since the megaserver implementation. Sometimes things get rough, and sometimes things in WvW are awesome, but I believe in loyalty through thick-and-thin.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Oh, basically all servers that were in T1 and guild moved when server fell out of T1?

my guild are mostly pve guilds they happen to be in those servers, so wvw tiers doesnt matter.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in WvW

Posted by: rhayan.9580

rhayan.9580

Zero… HoD had imploded so many times, upto now i still see the same scouts working hard refreshing seige etc.. same commanders tagging up helping the server etc.. Its been fun working with them, so i can’t see myself leaving the server or going against them.

Henge of Denravi

(edited by rhayan.9580)

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Home is GoM.
Favourite server is Mag.
Least fav server is YB.

Transferred enough times to be on every server atleast once over the last 4 years, possibly transferring again into lowest tiers for a playable WvW soon or to these new “free worlds” I heard about.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Never and i realy don’t want to.

Same here. I mostly roam around looking to gank the ganker thieves. Any server works for that.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

At launch there was free Transfers, and I had friends on both sides of the pond that I wanted to play with, so transfered back and forth almost every single time I played so I could play with someone, mostly just picked random servers. Lost complete count of the number of servers I ran around with like this. But I never touched WvW back then, so it didn’t matter at all for me.

Once they actually put a price on transferring, I ended up on Kaineng as my last transfer, with the buddy I played the most with, so stuck there. Later on when starting to try WvW, that was where I started (31st may, kitten you Anvil Rock!). Just as Kaineng had hit rock bottom 24th spot after the whole Kain-Train fiasco.

Since then I’ve transferred once, because guild wanted to try somewhere else, so went to CD for a couple of weeks (despite me hating that place in GW1 so much!), and quickly went back again.

Got a secondary account (because I messed up some pre-ordering back in the days), that I’ve mostly kept at different EU servers, but haven’t really used much, except if some RL friends nags about playing with me. its on AG atm.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Sarge.9730

Sarge.9730

DB → SoS → BG (all pre paying for transfers)

All transfers were due to guild/alliance of the time making moves to play for the long game. As we landed on BG I would say they did pretty good ^^

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Too many times…

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

Around 15 for my main, most was covered by guilds.
At least 4 for for alt1
Free account never transferred.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

People who transfered more than two times disgust me. They are the reason wvw is in the bad state it is.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

DeeSystm.1256

People who transfered more than two times disgust me. They are the reason wvw is in the bad state it is.

Alot of us who transferred alot didn’t give a crap about the state of wvw because the powers at be obviously didn’t and still don’t, we moved for fights or cuz allied guilds moved.

But yes the mini exoduses resulting from important guilds moving caused shifts across all 3 servers which slowly wore the wvw population down through attrition, and here we are.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

WvW is in the bad state it is not because of the players, but because it was neglected for 2 years.

People transferred because of the bad state it is in to find somewhere fun to play.

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

“We moved for fights”. That’s why most guilds stacki in already full timezones. Biggest lie on gw2.
If you move for a fight your transfer target are heavily underpopulated servers, not tier 1 or tier 2, but at least you are honest about "Alot of us who transferred alot didn’t give a crap about the state of wvw "

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Crystal Desert now and forever.

Love my havoc prowess here

The community is mostly a bunch of egos and politics, or it used to be, but loyalty is a guiding principle in my life, I am 100% happy here.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

(edited by Warcry.1596)

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

“We moved for fights”. That’s why most guilds stacki in already full timezones. Biggest lie on gw2.
If you move for a fight your transfer target are heavily underpopulated servers, not tier 1 or tier 2, but at least you are honest about "Alot of us who transferred alot didn’t give a crap about the state of wvw "

The game would have died 2-3 years ago had people not transferred to keep the game alive, raiding guilds on dead servers only ever raiding empty towers were left with a choice, quit the game or transfer.

Guilds constantly moved for fights, down tiers and up tiers. Where ever the most guild groups would be to fight and organise guild v guilds, if you played WvW before HoT it was pretty common knowledge that WvW HAD consistent Guild vs Guild battles and the servers ran off these guilds.

I’m assuming you play in T1/T2 if you think the only place guilds go is T1/T2 and even if people are stacking the high tiers then it’s only logical that people look for active servers in a dying game mode.

Anywho… no use getting your knickers twisted over what other people do with thier life or money, especially in a video game that people want to play for fun.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

DeeSystm.1256

Lol we literally transfered down the ranks 3 times over because the servers we were on climbed up to t3/2 which was too busy for what our 5-12 ran, which was all roaming or small scale zerg busting, touching siege was literally the lowest job in That guild, we didn’t move to pvd. Trust me if I wanted stacked timezone I know enough about wvw I could have been in them 20 times over.

Obligatory “you don’t know me”

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Which is why any changes to WvW should not be based on guild feedback.

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

jade > yak > jade > yak XD

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

NA : SoR → TC → BG → SoR → NSP → BG

EU : SFR → Vabbi

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Doctor.1905

Doctor.1905

I am mag4lief. magswag

in WvW

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

If you move for a fight your transfer target are heavily underpopulated servers, not tier 1 or tier 2"

^ * insert thank you gif here *

in WvW

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

TC for 2.5 years >> left game for 1 year >> transfer to IoJ for 2 weeks (paired with JQ) >> transfer to SoR for 2 weeks (paired with DB) >> transfer to DB for 4 weeks > transfer back to TC for 3 months and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

I think the title of this thread should be renames to :

How many times has your server died that you either had the option to leave the game or transfer to another server?

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

I think the title of this thread should be renames to :

How many times has your server died that you either had the option to leave the game or transfer to another server?

Well, not everyone transfered off a dying server. People transfer to follow guilds or to look for a different enviroment or event to be reunited with people they know.
Out of all my transfers only my last one out of Eredon Terrace and the last one out of Darkhaven were because the server died.

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

AR-DR (season 2)-FA-SOS-GOM-FA-SOS-SBI-SOS-JQ-DB(2 weeks)-BG-SOR-Mag

didnt realize how much ive moved till i thought about it
#gvgguildissues #serverloyaltyatitsbest

shit guardian on maguuma

(edited by MadBomber.3719)

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

DB -> SBI -> JQ -> ET -> AR -> JQ
JQ is easily my favorite.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: PokerStar.5081

PokerStar.5081

Never ! JQ 4 life

Full Flush
JQ
I’m all in !

in WvW

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

FSP → SFR bout 2 years ago. I might move back thanks to the latest changes.

“Death is just another path”

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I have xfered a dozen or so times. In almost every case it was to experience new styles and cultures of play as well as new players to fight against. Locking myself to one server and its culture seems too limited.

Some of this thread reminds of people that say they live in the greatest country in the world but have never been to any other countries.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

GoM → HoD solely for WvW. Besides, was only on GoM to play with a friend before megaservers were a thing.
Started my alt account on HoD too.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

Never transferred. Never will.

in WvW

Posted by: stormstyle.3578

stormstyle.3578

Once. FSP → UW

[TAL] Uhino
Underworld