How's your matchup this week?

in WvW

Posted by: signahead.7281

signahead.7281

It’s been an interesting for Yak’s Bend. We’re talking about a server-wide “level up your lowbies in WvW week” and watching those lowbie groups get rolled by naked zergs from Dragonbrand.

There’s not a lot of actual competition happening, unless you count the race for the lower-level league. Is the same thing happening elsewhere?

in WvW

Posted by: Bunnymancer.6901

Bunnymancer.6901

Hahaha, it’s amazing, we’re getting overrun by Crystal Desert as soon as they log in, and so does the other server we’re with.

They even let us take back our keep just so they could get the repairs for it for free and then just took it back 2 seconds later.

Invading the keep was fun, our full force got held at the gate while they had (I counted) 25 people just sitting on the lord in case of AoE. Doing nothing.

I’m just going to switch server next week, this is just silly.

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

GoM/FC/AR is an intensely close battle the way WvWvW should be.

Lower tiers are where its at for competitive play.

AR, DR, FC, ET, GoM are all very close in numbers and coverage so we get a lot more close matches than the rest of the ladder. Idk about everyone else but I’m not leaving FC for some silly reward that I could get in one day of PvE >.<

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Roughly 17 out of the 24 NA servers this week have legitimate reasons to dislike this week’s matchup.

The T4 & T7 matchups are happy, CD (they needed a break, even though DH and HoD is a cruel joke), and maybe SF is content but I wouldn’t know.

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Good i like fighting overwhelming odds, something very stressfree about it where if you lose garrison or whatever it’s like meh we’re still gaining like 80 points for even having above 150 ppt.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Mag/Ebay/BP is beyond dull. BP and EBay hide in towers/keeps from our 20-man guild group all night. I’m really looking forward to the league season of garbage so we can play coverage wars for 2 more months and get rewarded for bandwagoning ! ! !

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

I think it is sort of nice to have a non competitive match up once in a while. It allows you to goof around without much penalty. ie. leeroying into a enemy zerg only to end up wiping your own group due to the rally from you, which snowballs into a lost keep. So I’m decently happy at my current match up. Though I would love going against bg/jq again.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: gwfanboy.2496

gwfanboy.2496

Got camped at our spawn by a zerg 3 times our number.

Any fight is not a fight because you get swarmed by a sea of red spamming number one.

Nice job Devon Carver.

Necromancer, Devonas Rest Are My Harlots [PIMP]

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

awesome.XD we are facing 2 tier 1 servers that have 2 times as much coverage as we do, but to be quite honest, im having a blast as when ever we manage to defend something i kinda feel proud about it as we just held a 40-50man zerg off with half their numbers.

but i cant wait to get out of t1 as the skill lag,and monster blobs are not something i desire to experience for longer than a week.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

My server (SF) seems to be taking advantage of our higher numbers by running around like a headless chicken( Seems like all our good commanders havent came online and we all know how this pve commanders are).

I can say this match up isnt nearly as fun for me as fighting HoD and IoJ last week.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: Fus Ro Charr.2403

Fus Ro Charr.2403

Our match up is uhhh…… interesting, we are rank 13 Vs. rank 9 and rank 1 EU. Quite fun just mucking around with guerrilla tactics at times though

Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

IOJ vs SBI vs NSP

IOJ doesn’t have numbers to fight SBI, leave alone NSP on top of it

SBI made alliance with NSP, so we are 2v1 atm

SBI has like 2 hours q for each map and and we we don’t have such numbers, so end up having outnumbered buff :x

feeling like in 300 movie, few of us vs endless sea of red names

really really really tiring

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

My server (SF) seems to be taking advantage of our higher numbers by running around like a headless chicken( Seems like all our good commanders havent came online and we all know how this pve commanders are).

I can say this match up isnt nearly as fun for me as fighting HoD and IoJ last week.

Pretty much sums it all up….Worst part is that I saw some people congratulating a commander the other day in map chat, well I was with said commander whilst the karma train rolled…And I think we saw more Red Tags from NPCs than we did players.

Soon as the zergs started rolling from the other two servers, boop tag disappeared and everything went back to 1/3 v 1/3 v 1/3.

I am happy some new people are getting experience commanding, and matchups that allow large leads are probably the best time to break-in. But my worry is that these commanders, and many of the PUGs think that the “outcome” is directly tied to their influence.

(Seriously I saw one guy cap nearly all of EB without even saying a word in 2hrs.)

Mag Server Leader