How skill lag affected me....

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

I have 3293 hours played on my warrior as of this post. A huuuuge portion of that was in wvw, enough to to say that without a doubt, i am a “hardcore” wvw player.

Last night was the first time that I have reached the point where I literally did not want to be in wvw and was only there because of my guild.

This was due to skill lag. The vast majority of our fights involved immense skill lag, and simply made the experience completely frustrating.

Anet…. i do not want to wvw anymore because of skill lag. This is a GAMEBREAKING issue, and with the tier system removed there is very little reason to wvw.

There is no reason to try to win to stay in tier or to move up, and the fights themselves are NOT FUN due to skill lag.

This is all my opinion of course, but i am sure that i am not the only one that is equally frustrated. I understand that this is still a relatively young game, and i can forgive things like balancing issues etc. But i cannot forgive gamebreaking issues such as skill lag for this long.

Simply put, if there was another fantasy based modern rvr game out there now, I would not be playing gw2.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Valin.4527

Valin.4527

I’m sure you speak for a lot of people OP. The skill lag is out of control.

-A man of many Valins [KONG]

in WvW

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

maybe if you didn’t bandwagon to the most stacked server, you wouldn’t have skill lag issues.

All is vain.

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

maybe if you didn’t bandwagon to the most stacked server, you wouldn’t have skill lag issues.

Been on SOR since 3 day headstart…… and it shouldnt matter in an rvr game.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

Valin.4527

Need a hug?

Also been here from beginning but haters gonna hate…

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

And here I was thinking it was getting better on every map except EBG where it seems to be getting worse.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I don’t know what skill lag is like above T3 but since I moved to a lower tier, skill lag while present isn’t an overall big issue. I agree that they should address the issue, but keep in mind no other MMO (that I know of) can scale fights this large with this level of skill diversity. To fix the problem quickly, they could cap populations but my guess is that would make players more upset.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

To fix the problem quickly, they could cap populations but my guess is that would make players more upset.

Yup. If they limited the maps to say 60 players from each team, there would be few lag issue I believe. But there’d be major outcry from higher pop servers. Still, if it was done, it could feesibly force higher pop players to seek out other servers and maybe ultimately balance out the whole WvW stacking issue. But the whole who should move/stay fallout would be ugly.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Signet build mate, signet build

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: Nak.8315

Nak.8315

The problem with the lag is that it is occurring when you get a ton of players bunching up. Its easier to do that with the megazergs running in t1/t2 than it is in t3 and below.

Ultimately they need to do something to divide the groups up so you have multiple forces in a single BG, but currently its more effective and beneficial (Karma,Money, Xp,wXp, etc) to run as a giant blob. If you lose something even better cause you get more rewards for taking it back 5 minutes later.

Unfortunately the only method I could come up with (I don’t consider lowering the cap a valid option) goes against the entire foundation of the game where they are trying to get people to group up.

There are lots of servers that are out there that don’t have this issue due to population. I recommend looking into one them. Getting out a Tier1 Server (Jade Quarry) was the best thing I’ve done in this game.

Nak
Call of Fate[CoF]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

It shouldn’t matter, but it does on your server. In the month or so I’ve been doing WvW, the only time I’ve seen a short queue on Eredon Terrace was last Friday night and the only time I’ve seen skill lag was when we were part of a 3-way battle for Stonemist Castle this week. I’m sure both happen now and then but they haven’t been an issue for me. If either were the norm, I’d be looking for something else to do. A guild transfer to ET (a medium population server) could make a big difference. I know you like the server you are on and your guild is built up there, but if the alternative is giving up, a transfer to a lower tier might be worth a look.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Berk.8561)

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Why so much hate? I play on SoR too and have been there from rank #17 last year to rank #1 this year. Your nonsense holds no water.

Skill lags occurs when there are big fights. The only thing being on a lower population server accomplished is a smaller chance that there will be big fights.

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

I don’t know what skill lag is like above T3 but since I moved to a lower tier, skill lag while present isn’t an overall big issue. I agree that they should address the issue, but keep in mind no other MMO (that I know of) can scale fights this large with this level of skill diversity. To fix the problem quickly, they could cap populations but my guess is that would make players more upset.

The fights in this game aren’t that large to be honest. I have had far bigger fights in other MMOs without their server puking… not sure what games you have played.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

This isn’t a “zerg” issue. Lag has increased greatly since the last update, to the point where 20 on 20 skirmishes are lagging out.

Inversely, I noticed a smoother experience in PvE (slight, but noticeable).

I approve of any attempts to make the PvE experience more immersive, but the skill lag is bad when even small skirmishes lag out. I can only imagine in T1 what it’s like to wait 3 minutes for a #1 press to activate.

in WvW

Posted by: Phent.9350

Phent.9350

I have tremendous lags since last pach, 10 sec lag on skills is gamebraking, what is more lag occure even when im alone…

[None] mesmer/ele/engi/thief/necro

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I have 3293 hours played on my warrior as of this post. A huuuuge portion of that was in wvw, enough to to say that without a doubt, i am a “hardcore” wvw player.

Last night was the first time that I have reached the point where I literally did not want to be in wvw and was only there because of my guild.

This was due to skill lag. The vast majority of our fights involved immense skill lag, and simply made the experience completely frustrating.

Anet…. i do not want to wvw anymore because of skill lag. This is a GAMEBREAKING issue, and with the tier system removed there is very little reason to wvw.

There is no reason to try to win to stay in tier or to move up, and the fights themselves are NOT FUN due to skill lag.

This is all my opinion of course, but i am sure that i am not the only one that is equally frustrated. I understand that this is still a relatively young game, and i can forgive things like balancing issues etc. But i cannot forgive gamebreaking issues such as skill lag for this long.

Simply put, if there was another fantasy based modern rvr game out there now, I would not be playing gw2.

Holy crap, Aurust. You and I agree on something.

in WvW

Valin.4527

The fights in this game aren’t that large to be honest. I have had far bigger fights in other MMOs without their server puking… not sure what games you have played.

Man, I miss DAOC sometimes…