How to Properly Take a well defended tower.

in WvW

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Strat my guild and others used in taking down a tower a couple days ago. Great example of a server coming together. You see SoS…we brought more soldiers than you did…

www.repub.enjin.com

Video is posted at the very top of the page there.

(edited by No Walking.6349)

in WvW

Posted by: Samulus.3025

Samulus.3025

This was fun to watch.

If you don;t mind a noobish question, what was the particular strategy, other than breaking a wall as opposed to the front gate?

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way. – Mark Twain

in WvW

Posted by: laffingseals.5934

laffingseals.5934

I am the one who filmed this, Sea of sorrows was heavily reinforcing that tower and constantly harrassing us. That tower has easy access to respawn so you want to keep your enemy infront of you instead of behind and front. They will use the height advantage and the invulnerability to attack you thats why we stayed away when it was busy.

twitch.tv/manaspell
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeULWbbiVWCuIzt-6EMq1Iw
twitter.com/manaspell0

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

There’s a saying about SoS:

Quantity over Quality..

That strategy in the video is a popular stategy for SOS. They do that all the time during nightcapping session.

Ninein
-Maguuma

(edited by Ninein.4782)

in WvW

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

The front gate at that tower has a cliff behind it, and the enemy spawn point behind that. Puts you in a tight spot. We set up ballista to cover the catas, a treb to take out their siege in the tower, and the catas to break down the wall. Flawless execution.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

If this is a strategy, you’re not going to have fun in the next round.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Samulus.3025

Samulus.3025

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. I don’t get to play WvW all weekend most likely because of Halloween bullkitten, and I have the itch. Thanks for letting me live vicariously lol

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way. – Mark Twain