(edited by Reborn.2934)

How to create profit from WvW ?

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

+5 Supply carry account upgrade (like bank tab
WXP boost from the gem store Bonfire.
WvW version of fireworks

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

An ability to instantly see the amount of supply on the people around you within a certain radius (a traited Meteor radius for example). It could be a small number somewhere on the main UI. This would replace the /supplyinfo command. I know it seems like it might be trivial, but the extra range and at-a-glance usefulness would be awesome.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

800 gems to play lag free
2000 gems gets you a dev response
10,000 gem gets you into the QA team
300,000 gem gets Anet to bring orbs back
500,000 gem buys you a brand new WvW map

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

Some of those suggestions should rather be a free (qol) update than a gem-item, especially updates to the functionality of the com tag or the UI bar. People have been asking for them for a long time, imagine they’d come as gem-items …

+5 supply obviously does make a difference when I run around with my guild or a small group. 5 man with 20 supply each can already build four guild catas instead of two. You lose alot of time running back to a camp which might be turned before you arrive.

The GvG ticket wouldn’t help WvW, eventhough the idea isn’t bad.

I’m sorry I can’t think of any gem-item that would make me want to play more WvW and which I’d buy to support WvW directly. New maps would be an incentive to play more again. The feeling, big changes may happen to WvW, would make me feel sure, that I’ll still be here in a couple of months time. If I feel I’ll be here for a while, I have done and will buy gems from time to time.

in WvW

Posted by: Saskia.2893

Saskia.2893

1. Siege skins (for example: catas firing cakes, trebs firing quaggans, steampunk ballista etc.)
2. Fancy commander icons (baby quaggan, lion etc.)
3. FINISHER RANDOMISER (when you stomp it randomly selects one from those you have unlocked)
4. Toys that DO work in wvw
5. Additional guild emblems

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Hate to be contrary, but it is not the player’s job to figure out a way for them to monitize their product. Especially at this stage of the game.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Archenemy.9784

Archenemy.9784

Just one thing.

Attachments:

Yukino Mikatsuchi [iNk]

in WvW

Posted by: madd.7183

madd.7183

How about , remove way points from WvW and add some kind of mount / vehicle that only 20 people can board at a time , like a huge wooden Trojan Horse , and people can fire arrows from it , and it can be used to storm enemy holds.

Or what about a item that allows you to place like 100 supply on a Dolyak that only follows you, and if it dies then you lose that supply it know it sounds risky but idk something along these lines.

Im sure we all have some ideas that will and will not work , just wanted to give my 2 cents .

in WvW

madd.7183

@madd.7183 based on your ideas , what about to have a service that allows you replace dolyak with your character . of course you can not use any skill to defend your self and only other players can swiftness and stealths you .

i think it will be funny at least to take dolly’s place for laughs

That actually sounds like a great idea it would be super useful to have and impostor Dolyak while running in small groups which can be used as a distraction while running along side an real dolyak .

I was thinking or just give us an item that can be used to buff size of the Dolyak or Speed boost for it , i know it leans towards more pay to win stuff but im sure Anet could find a way to balance things out for charging us a small fee .

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

20$ Expansion with 2 new WvW maps.
Everyone will pay for that.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Hate to be contrary, but it is not the player’s job to figure out a way for them to monitize their product. Especially at this stage of the game.

No one suggested it is a players job. It is well within the players rights though, to discuss ideas we feel will bring improvements to a game mode we enjoy, in a public forums designed for discussion and feed back.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Fudge.9527

Fudge.9527

Custom Obsidian Sanctum, the WvW-equivalent of sPvP Custom Arenas. Good place to duel, do guild scrimms / GvGs and do JP in peace (or not). Can choose pvp rules (free-for-all, teams etc.) Initial cost + monthly renewal.

Guild Halls, same idea but a new structure that is upgradable, has a fight area for dueling / scrimms, a daily chest that drops various skins, and jumping puzzle in the basement. Same pay model as above.

in WvW

madd.7183

Custom Obsidian Sanctum, the WvW-equivalent of sPvP Custom Arenas. Good place to duel, do guild scrimms / GvGs and do JP in peace (or not). Can choose pvp rules (free-for-all, teams etc.) Initial cost + monthly renewal.

Guild Halls, same idea but a new structure that is upgradable, has a fight area for dueling / scrimms, a daily chest that drops various skins, and jumping puzzle in the basement. Same pay model as above.

It would also be cool if guilds can build smaller strong holds or camps at set places on the WvW maps to hold off / slow down zergs or use as minor look out points or Some place we can bunker down and hold off a zergs path.

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

No one suggested it is a players job. It is well within the players rights though, to discuss ideas we feel will bring improvements to a game mode we enjoy, in a public forums designed for discussion and feed back.

Not in so many words but yes someone did “suggest” that it’s something players could/should do. That’s why a thread exists for it.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

They can spend a week developing XYZ content for WvW that will be purchased by a small number of players or spend that same time developing XYZ content for PvE where an order of magnitude number of players will buy it.

They know how to monetize their game and I am guessing if WvW fell completely off ANet would hardly notice.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

I spend money in WvW on siege, upgrades and equipment. More options for all of those would be nice.

One thing I would really like to upgrade is the npc’s. I would like to make them a lot tougher and more numerous. I would pay for npc’s that are twice as hard to kill and who fire siege.

For the Toast!

(edited by Nanyetah Elohi.4852)

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

They can spend a week developing XYZ content for WvW that will be purchased by a small number of players or spend that same time developing XYZ content for PvE where an order of magnitude number of players will buy it.

They know how to monetize their game and I am guessing if WvW fell completely off ANet would hardly notice.

WvW is so distinctive and dramatic. Big zerg fights look very cool and unlike anything else in the game. It’s hard to imagine ANet would not miss something that makes the game look that good on video.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

WvW is so distinctive and dramatic. Big zerg fights look very cool and unlike anything else in the game. It’s hard to imagine ANet would not miss something that makes the game look that good on video.

Looks good=/= makes money. (Wow is kind of proof). Unfortunately that’s why this thread exists, because most of us realize Anet doesn’t need wvw.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

Just one thing.

Why thank you.

Business mafia cat approves!

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Sell obsidian sanctum stances (like wvw arenas, but with gem) where guilds could set gvg between any servers. The cost per day/week/month could be based on the arena cap 40/50/80/100 (insert some numbers here). It could have the spvp build system where you enter the place and the game uses a saved build template.

To have the right to rent 1 arena the guild should first unlock it with guild influence/merits.

This would create a gem/gold sink, make gvg more viable (fight any server),etc.

I am one player that dont take gvg seriously because it is not an official game mode like spvp or wvw etc. I believe there are a lot of players like me that would start playing gvg if it was an official game mode.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

If they make wvw exciting again it will hold players here. A lot of players.
+ siege skins from gem shop
+ emotions
+ battle roars

I totaly want to taunt enemy blobs from the walls

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Looks good=/= makes money. (Wow is kind of proof). Unfortunately that’s why this thread exists, because most of us realize Anet doesn’t need wvw.

They haven’t even tried marketing it, but not surprising given how few employees even know what a GvG looks like. (Or maybe they tried but then realized that they didn’t want to make Sacrx an official poster child.)

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

1000 gems, you can buy a mini-dev that follows you around and promises to make change to wvw and new maps…..

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

Wasn’t the sentence: “We are aware of the problem and were working on it!”

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

1000 gems, you can buy a mini-dev that follows you around and promises to make change to wvw and new maps…..

I’d buy that for a dollar!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

madd.7183

I’d buy that for a dollar!

Gotta love that Robocop reference .

in WvW

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Is anyone gonna say it?

No?

Ok I guess I will…

All these suggestions are terribly pay to win. You want something non-p2w that everyone serious WvW player will buy?

Siege Lockers. A new “tab” you can open to store siege in and drop siege from wherever you are, without having to keep it in your inventory.

New finishers. These are probably ANet’s #1 source of revenue from WvW players.

Stonemist Lord mini.

Permanent Repair Canister.

noice

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

@Bertrand.3057 i bet they know what is gvg very well , but how to create the profit of this is the hard part of the equation . i can count more than a dozen players that can be the official poster . screaming loud doesn’t make someone more suitable for the case

It’s not a matter of screaming loud, it’s being good. Red Guard was very good. Undefeated, IIRC.

Anet could use other drivers to promote that style of WvW but if the best drivers are very abrasive types then it’s a risk to the overall GW2 brand. I like watching GvGs now and then but I notice the videos that include Sacrx’s comms tend to draw a lot hostile comments. That probably makes them a bit nervous about backing and sanctioning this particular gameplay.

There was the token inclusion of the arena in OS, but even here it seems the purpose was to ease tension with PPT-oriented players. There’s simply no sense that devs want to encourage coordinated group combat in WvW.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

The devs know what GvG is.

But you have to remember, if they fund GvG, they lose some sPvP.

It is not a secret that sPvP is far more important to anet than anything else and i
believe this came from NCsoft because looking at their line up of games they really
have nothing in their portfolio that is comparable to an “e-sport” save for their belief
in sPvP for GW2. Good thing is, wvw will benefit indirectly.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

WvW markets itself on YouTube. ANet doesn’t need to pay for it.

Not sure since my interest is prejudiced, but aren’t most of the GW2 videos on YouTube about WvW?

For the Toast!

(edited by Nanyetah Elohi.4852)

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

I would definitely pay for siege skins or toys like toilet paper or paint buckets or eggs that i can throw at the enemy keep to deface it for a couple hours

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

WvW markets itself on YouTube. ANet doesn’t need to pay for it.

Not sure since my interest is prejudiced, but aren’t most of the GW2 videos on YouTube about WvW?

wonder if someone was a video of them playing a high concentration about ppt, maybe it will be a little interesting?

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: Wayne.9714

Wayne.9714

I have a few thoughts.
1. Guidon Carrier Skin – While transformed you have 0 combat skills and receive no damage until all of your party members have been killed, then you are put into combat and loose the skin. Maybe have a commander version to rep server colors/ identity?
2. Bugler/ Aeneator Skin – While transformed you have 0 combat skills and receive no damage until all of your party members have been killed, then you are put into combat and loose the skin.
Skill bar is replaced with musical calls that represent: Advance (push), Withdraw (pull back), Rally (rally on me), Stand Down (stop or do not fight), and maybe a Disband call?
Anet could offer a whole selection of instruments in the cash shop on this one.
These features could work in PvE but it would be nice for this community to have something of their own that creates guild/ server pride on a whole different level.
All of this could be tweeked/ changed to have the same affects….More or less?

Oxtie Mes,Hi Oxtane Engi,
Oxnar War, Oxnar Blades Thf, Oxnar Ripclaw Rng,
Ox Nar Ele, Oxett Necro, Oxann Grd.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Not in so many words but yes someone did “suggest” that it’s something players could/should do. That’s why a thread exists for it.

You do understand that suggesting something for discussion is different then suggesting it is “our job” right?

I do think GvG arenas would be a well utilized suggearion, since someone mentioned it.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Account bound unlock to use your guild emblem as a commander tag.

in WvW

Posted by: retsuya.4708

retsuya.4708

Create a tangible WvW team and focus on its improvement.
More players playing the game means more profit even if only 10% of the wvw buys gems for gold (gearing/finishers/skins etc).

Current state of its base population is declining and worst solution is P2W

[WB] Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: BlueBoy.1236

BlueBoy.1236

800gems for a unique theme for your claimed keep. Please turn my stonemist castle into Cinderella castle!

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

How about the gem store selling small tactical nukes to wipe out zergs?

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Arcan Soulstorm.4356

Arcan Soulstorm.4356

I have a few thoughts.
1. Guidon Carrier Skin – While transformed you have 0 combat skills and receive no damage until all of your party members have been killed, then you are put into combat and loose the skin. Maybe have a commander version to rep server colors/ identity?
2. Bugler/ Aeneator Skin – While transformed you have 0 combat skills and receive no damage until all of your party members have been killed, then you are put into combat and loose the skin.

I grab four such players in one group and have a fifth one cacmping at your spawn, do that three or four times and you should have a melee core that can literally run through enemy spawn points.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I would pay gems for my white swords back.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.