How to deal with perplex roamers...

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I went to T2 for roaming and guild raids… the raids are kittenin fantastic but the roamers, wow… So much perplex…

Most mornings before work I like to have a roam and find some fights, but since coming to t2 I have had a hard time finding anyone to fight that isn’t a perplex tank…

Does anyone have any tips on how to fight these guys using a Mediguard? or should I just conform and remake a PU staff condi perplex mes/thief

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

build for every last condi removal possible or just run away. confusion is a dumb mechanic.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

I’d suggest either playing with a bunker who can cleanse for you, or running around them.

in WvW

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

as a guard just gear up for cond cleaning.. plus use the right runes/food. Stuff won’t stick. couple that with watching when you are loading with confusion.. you will be fine

That one person.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Perplexity is the worst thing they ever introduced in GW2. It’s almost like the hexes in GW2 where you were completly shut down. It’s stupid by design.

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

my cleansing would take away something like 2 stacks of vulnerability instead of the 3 stacks of confusion.

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Channels only apply confusion damage once, so Sword #3 and Greatsword #2 are your friends. That and a crap ton of cleansing.

I’ve had decent success against confusion tanks with my warrior, who’s got a sigil of purity on the greatsword. Confusion mesmers still kitten on me without breaking a sweat, but that’s more of a l2p issue for me.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Perplex needs a nerf. Seriously too strong.

Sigil of Generocity is a mixed ball of success if you have a decent crit chance.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

it was already nerfed. it’s not that strong.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in WvW

Novuake.2691

When?
What was done? I don’t recall them touching them since they got introduced.

in WvW

Tom Gore.4035

Sigil of Generocity is a mixed ball of success if you have a decent crit chance.

Yeah if you’re willing to fork out 100g for the Superior, or ~12g for the Major version. I’m baffled that Anet didn’t include them in the Wintersday Gifts this year.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Novuake.2691

Yeah if you’re willing to fork out 100g for the Superior, or ~12g for the Major version. I’m baffled that Anet didn’t include them in the Wintersday Gifts this year.

Hahaha to be fair I still have one in on my Pistol from last year. Didn’t even know they are so costly now.

Think I need to salvage dat pistol now… Only exotic.

EDIT : 2 years ago, wow how time flies.

in WvW

Tom Gore.4035

Remember to use a BL kit or you’ll be really sorry

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

There’s a reason these runes weren’t allowed in PvP :S

Best chance is to max out cleanse and be very careful of when you cast abilities. Every cast is another chance to get slapped with more confusion.

…Or just bring a friend.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

When?

They nerfed them twice. Originally they didn’t even have an ICD on the interrupt. They added one. Then they upped the cool down on the “on hit” application. And i agree, they are not particularly strong.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

The solution is not to fight them, especially if you are playing as a mediguard, which is not a very good roaming build. Not every class/build can cope with every other.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Still just a crappy mechanic to punish taking action. Retal is just as bad in that respect.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Novuake.2691

When?

They nerfed them twice. Originally they didn’t even have an ICD on the interrupt. They added one. Then they upped the cool down on the “on hit” application. And i agree, they are not particularly strong.

Ah yes, just Googled a bit, I see it was nerfed quite a bit from the original, geesh dem CDs!

Still quite powerful.

in WvW

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

If it’s a mesmer you can literally just walk away. It’s kind of funny and sad at the same time.

I know one time on my warrior I just sat down and let them autoattack me, and they were randomly using the scepter block and dodging, it was quite funny as my healing signet just kept outhealing the condis. Of course, said mesmer was terrible.

Generally when I see any condi roamer, especially thief/mesmer I just walk away because it’s not worth the hassle, as the fight doesn’t even register as close to enjoyable or worth the time.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Generally when I see any condi roamer, especially thief/mesmer I just walk away because it’s not worth the hassle, as the fight doesn’t even register as close to enjoyable or worth the time.

^ this
I usually kitten few players off when they ask for a duel and I say they’ll get one when they’ll have the balls to fight me with a power build.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

People using perplexity runes are generally bad players. When their confusion stacking does not work the way they want they die easily.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Rakshasa.5493

Rakshasa.5493

Turn Auto attack off, job done….

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’m also in agreement that Perplexity runes are broken. And the Confusion condition itself is also pretty stupid.

I like to think I don’t complain about much since there are very few things I consider OP and few things I complain about with the games design, updates, etc. as well. But Perplexity runes are one of those things I do whine about and I don’t honestly care if it’s whining… You have 3 options when versus a Perplexity user; Fight back and kill yourself, don’t fight back and get killed or run your as_ off. Yes of course you can cleanse but not many builds are capable of cleansing it as often as it’s applied, especially versus Mesmers, Thieves and Engineers.

Personally, I roam as a Necromancer which means I’m comfortable with cage matches. I don’t like to run from fights and I don’t mind if I’m outnumbered. If I attack someone and get Confusion on me by procing the Perplex rune though… If I can run I will.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Rakshasa.5493

Rakshasa.5493

I don’t see what wrong, its a passive condi, I know its hard to locate some one in front of you , click on them then use skill, but confuse only really kills people with auto attack on , turn off auto attack, if you are going to have it on swap out of ranged in to melee, so you are not ticking confuse as you wildly spam staff one,

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Personally, I roam as a Necromancer which means I’m comfortable with cage matches. I don’t like to run from fights and I don’t mind if I’m outnumbered. If I attack someone and get Confusion on me by procing the Perplex rune though… If I can run I will.

If you roam as a Necro, you really shouldn’t have an issue with Perplexity. I roam in tier 2 on my Necro all the time and actually prefer fighting people with perplexity. Most of them rely on a rune that they think is powerful (it really isn’t that strong), and I just transfer the Confusion back to them anyway, letting them kill themselves because they don’t understand how to fight Confusion/Retaliation.

Or I munch on it for more healing. Yummy conditions.

Also, my runesets on my Necro are either Grove or Scavenger, depending if I’m running Power or Condition. I’ve actually never used Perplexity runes, I just know how to counter Confusion.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

coglin.1867

It gives 3 stacks for 5s every 25s. Unless you allow yourself to be stunned, then it is your fault. That is nothing compared to the condition damage some builds can get out of other runes.

I find it a bit comical that posters “claim” only bad players use runes that said poster simply dislikes. These runes have no where near the damage out put of runes of balthazar, Orr, Krait, and others, to any player with enough sense to dodge interrupts, and intelligently manage conditions on themselves. Aristocracy, Hoelbrak, and Strength are going to be more dangerous to you then 3 stack of confusion with a 20% up time.

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I find it a bit comical that posters “claim” only bad players use runes that said poster simply dislikes. These runes have no where near the damage out put of runes of balthazar, Orr, Krait, and others, to any player with enough sense to dodge interrupts, and intelligently manage conditions on themselves. Aristocracy, Hoelbrak, and Strength are going to be more dangerous to you then 3 stack of confusion with a 20% up time.

I guess part of the issue is perplexity users are so easy to notice while strength and hoelbrak (both vastly superior, more commonly used and even more passive) are not.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

It gives 3 stacks for 5s every 25s. Unless you allow yourself to be stunned, then it is your fault. That is nothing compared to the condition damage some builds can get out of other runes.

Mesmers, Thieves and Engineers, the most common users of Perplexity runes, have various other ways to apply Confusion than just the rune proc’s.. Not to mention that 5seconds is the base time of the application. With more condition duration, that time increases.

The point isn’t so much whether it’s OP or not, but rather that it’s a stupid design. You shouldn’t be punished for defending yourself.

I’m not under the impression that I’m some kind of top tier player and I don’t think blaming things I dislike will make me better. I do however refrain from complaining about things until I’ve taken the time to understand them, either by playing it myself or by practicing against it. There are other more powerful runes as you’ve mentioned but they don’t specifically increase the duration of an already ridiculous condition. Torment runes aren’t much better mind you torment punishes you for moving not for attacking, not to mention it’s more difficult to apply than confusion for most professions who have access to it.

Power builds will always be better than condition builds unless it’s versus Perplexity. Because you’ll kill yourself before you bruise your opponent. Sounds fun doesn’kitten

.. Seriously? Censored for putting doesn’t and it next to each other? I know it spells t1t but come on, ANet..

in WvW

coglin.1867

The point isn’t so much whether it’s OP or not, but rather that it’s a stupid design. You shouldn’t be punished for defending yourself.

I disagree. I feel it is an absolutely brilliant design. You shouldn’t be rewarded for spamming skills while not being aware of your surroundings.

Similarly, you shouldn’t be rewarding for not carrying enough condition removal. Too many people focus to much on offense, then blame the game when they dye due to a lack of defensive capabilities. Such a dreadful shame to see folks unable to accept responsibility for their own mistakes if you ask me.

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Gotta admit, I love my mesmer’s perplexity runes when I come across a perma-stealth thief. I feel thief stealth is broken anyway (should be in line with a mesmer’s invis, imho), and the only ones that give me trouble are the cleanse on stealth thieves. But using Maimed the Disillusioned trait and stacking torment AND confusion is just too fun against thieves and warriors that are so used to face-rolling everyone in a 1v1 situation with their power builds. Coglin.1867 said it best above.

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

When?

Ah yes, just Googled a bit, I see it was nerfed quite a bit from the original, geesh dem CDs!

Still quite powerful.

They actually changed them 3 times because when they came out, they were bugged and you applied the confusion stacks to yourself.

Hilarious bug, though.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I disagree. I feel it is an absolutely brilliant design. You shouldn’t be rewarded for spamming skills while not being aware of your surroundings.

Similarly, you shouldn’t be rewarding for not carrying enough condition removal. Too many people focus to much on offense, then blame the game when they dye due to a lack of defensive capabilities. Such a dreadful shame to see folks unable to accept responsibility for their own mistakes if you ask me.

It’s not spamming though… It’s ANY attack at all.. If you attack someone while you have confusion on you, regardless of whether it’s spam or not, it damages you. If you’re using Perplexity runes, odds are it’s YOU that’s doing the spamming to keep as many confusion stacks on your opponent as possible.

in WvW

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It’s not spamming though… It’s ANY attack at all.. If you attack someone while you have confusion on you, regardless of whether it’s spam or not, it damages you. If you’re using Perplexity runes, odds are it’s YOU that’s doing the spamming to keep as many confusion stacks on your opponent as possible.

And yet ICD’s prevent that from being effective at keeping Confusion on them.

Yes, Confusion and Retaliation punish for spamming. When faced with them, you fight smarter, nor harder. Change tactics to minimize your damage taken from them. Not difficult, but most (including yourself, apparently) keep attacking like normal.

I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

coglin.1867

My advice, to be honest, is to stop spamming long bow at 1500 (talk about hypocritically pointing fingers over so called advantages) and drop a healing spring, pop that brown bears skill, trait that empathic bond, and cleanse that one little single condition, right out of your soul…………………..Heck, just do what all them crazy hipsters are doing now a days, and use survival of the fittest and load up on those survival set of utilities and your golden.

in WvW

coglin.1867

Shall I reach one arm out to the sky, kneel on the opposing knee, and state, in a loud shakesperean tone

“Ahh but sir, you are mistaken. It is indeed you, who needs assistance down the clear road to sense”……………………….“Stop trying to cut the path. No longer trudge the trenches with eyes turned back.”……………………..“look forward to that smooth, well lite path. The answer is there, at its short end. You simply refuse to see it, over, and over, and over, …………………again”

I am thinking it would work with more of a “Taming of the Shrew” style of humor and obvious overstatements. Your thoughts?

in WvW

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Shall I reach one arm out to the sky, kneel on the opposing knee, and state, in a loud shakesperean tone

“Ahh but sir, you are mistaken. It is indeed you, who needs assistance down the clear road to sense”……………………….“Stop trying to cut the path. No longer trudge the trenches with eyes turned back.”……………………..“look forward to that smooth, well lite path. The answer is there, at its short end. You simply refuse to see it, over, and over, and over, …………………again”

I am thinking it would work with more of a “Taming of the Shrew” style of humor and obvious overstatements. Your thoughts?

Keep working at it. I think that play could be a big hit.

I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

fighting a condi tank is a lot of fun. JK

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Perplexity on mesmer: fine, they are so slow you can just walk away

Perplexity on thief: can be tricky depending on what class you play. If you have a lot of condi clear and/or reflect projectile you should be fine to avoid them. A good tip is never stand on the caltrops.

Perplexity engi: dodge magnet and you will be fine to walk away. If you are a full melee class, chances are you wont be able to 1v1 him unless you are something like a d/d ele or other 1v1 proper build.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Perplexity runes by themselves aren’t problematic. However, when combined with certain condition specs, they make for an incredibly deadly combo that really doesn’t require much skill to play.

A number of posters here seem to think that people who complain about perplexity are spammers or bad players. Far from it. Perplexity makes apply confusion a trivial matter, and what makes these perplexity specs so punishing is that confusion is applied on top of other damaging conditions that punishes any action, including condition clears and (in some instances) dodges. If your build relies on incremental condition clears (e.g. thief using sword 2), then trying to clear conditions while you have confusion will often kill you before you get rid of the confusion. Similarly, if you trait for certain dodge effects, even dodging can end up killing you.

Even if you stop using skills, you have to worry about the rest of the damaging conditions ticking on you. You might survive, but the time you spend not attacking your opponent is time they can use to wait on cd’s or time they can use to play more aggressively against you.

Is the rune stronger than other options like balth or krait? Debatable, but it’s a moot comparison, since the runes accomplish very different things, and it might be the case that all three of the condition runes are too strong. At the moment, it’s unclear whether the problem is with perplexity runes or with the larger condition meta.

The best way to deal with perplexity roamers is often to just walk away. The game isn’t balanced around 1v1’s, and the set becomes much weaker in larger groups.

Second Child

(edited by mango.9267)

in WvW

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

General question here ( I am curious on the issue as I do not seriously play the mode as I find the implementation of it lacking) about the whole topic would you rather they sanction WvW so that combinations like perplexity are remove at the cost of there no longer being a gear/level advantage chance?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in WvW

xDudisx.5914

General question here ( I am curious on the issue as I do not seriously play the mode as I find the implementation of it lacking) about the whole topic would you rather they sanction WvW so that combinations like perplexity are remove at the cost of there no longer being a gear/level advantage chance?

I think wvw should stay as it is. Perplexity is far from been overpowered becuase it works mostly only in 1v1s. A -40% condi duration food is much more source of inbalance than perplexity runes. Direct dmg is in a much better place than condi dmg in wvw in any large scale fight.

Also there is nothing cheese or unskilled in condi builds. Condition dmg is as legit as direct dmg.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Write /sit or /laugh and enjoy the long time they need to kill you if you don’t do anything.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

Perplexity got nerfed a lot, I don’t think they can be alone a big problem, especialy if u manage to bring 1 or 2 condi cleanse.

in WvW

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

So don’t attack while the confusion is on you…I laugh when I find someone using perplexity because unless it’s on a niche build like Pu, they could have chosen a much better rune set.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

I ended up conforming and now roam on a dire/apoth perplex engie, drop a crate, apply confusion then stand still and bomb heal myself while they kill themselves…

Applying 20+ confusion at the start of the fight isn’t OP is it? Especially when a necro applies torment too! as people said though, just stand still and take it. Dont attack!

….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

Perplexity runes by themselves aren’t problematic. However, when combined with certain condition specs, they make for an incredibly deadly combo that really doesn’t require much skill to play.

A number of posters here seem to think that people who complain about perplexity are spammers or bad players. Far from it. Perplexity makes apply confusion a trivial matter, and what makes these perplexity specs so punishing is that confusion is applied on top of other damaging conditions that punishes any action, including condition clears and (in some instances) dodges. If your build relies on incremental condition clears (e.g. thief using sword 2), then trying to clear conditions while you have confusion will often kill you before you get rid of the confusion. Similarly, if you trait for certain dodge effects, even dodging can end up killing you.

Even if you stop using skills, you have to worry about the rest of the damaging conditions ticking on you. You might survive, but the time you spend not attacking your opponent is time they can use to wait on cd’s or time they can use to play more aggressively against you.

Is the rune stronger than other options like balth or krait? Debatable, but it’s a moot comparison, since the runes accomplish very different things, and it might be the case that all three of the condition runes are too strong. At the moment, it’s unclear whether the problem is with perplexity runes or with the larger condition meta.

The best way to deal with perplexity roamers is often to just walk away. The game isn’t balanced around 1v1’s, and the set becomes much weaker in larger groups.

This is why I found perplex a problem, but I have conformed and as playerbase said, you only die to perplex if you bad, and turns out since using perplex just about every 1v1 encounter the enemy has been extremely bad.

….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

With Perplex runes you are actually need to interrupt something or it’s enough just to stun or fear enemy?

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

It’s a nice rune. I use it, but on an ele, not engi, necro, thief… whatever. It does the job and even makes people rage and immediately whisper me. Is it the perplexity user’s fault you don’t have condition cleanse while roaming or whatever? Did you expect everyone to be power?

Lol, no.

Maybe invest in a couple defensive utilities and not expect a perfect 12k hit eviscerate win or 99,000 backstab damage

Broski

in WvW

xDudisx.5914

With Perplex runes you are actually need to interrupt something or it’s enough just to stun or fear enemy?

You have to interrupt, but on this game almost every time you cc someone you get 1 interrupt also some skills no cast time (like steal) so easy to interrupt even if the enemy is trying to avoid it.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

I ended up conforming and now roam on a dire/apoth perplex engie, drop a crate, apply confusion then stand still and bomb heal myself while they kill themselves…

Applying 20+ confusion at the start of the fight isn’t OP is it? Especially when a necro applies torment too! as people said though, just stand still and take it. Dont attack!

I do something similar on my Mesmer. Full ascended dire armor and trinkets, torment shatter spec, and perplexity runes, energy sigils, corruption, bursting. It’s especially sweet when you slot in Pain Inverter and use it at the right time. However, I can’t seem to get more than 23 stacks of torment, it always caps at 23. Annoying.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~