How to destroy a server morale

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

- How to destroy low/mid – low tier server morale and wvw population by Arenanet:

- Match up with a high asian/oceanic server population. Even better vs two.

Result: Even less wvw players for low tier servers.

Low tiers and low-mid tiers servers dont have a high wvw population, and this gonna worse when you start your wvw day and you only have a few camps and the citadel. New and average wvw players just back to farm fest and pve.

I play a lot of night wvw, and is just frustrating, we are always 5/10 players without commanders groups vs 30 players zergs, they just clear a empty map, they kick you out of eternal and then invade a empty bd without resistance, you cant do nothing, just try to find some roamers to do some kind of pvp until the zerg coming. And this happen EVERY NIGHT

That asian/oceanic servers with a high night and decent or high day activity just has a LOT of free points over night. You can battle with a lot of effort in the day, but when night come you loss everything you win with a lot of sacrifice over the day, more when you are a server fighting out low tier with low wvw population but with great commanders skills and average wvw players. THIS ONLY DISCOURAGE the few night pve/farm players to starting play wvw because they are always outnumbered.

Please, try to fix it.

-NA/LA times for official PPT. Not 24/7 wvw PPT.
-Match up considering the same hourly population besides the server skill level.
-Do something about massive guild server transfers.

Arenanet, you SHOULD encourage low tiers servers to play more and better, NOT snowball high tier server even more.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

asking other time zones to conform to your sleep schedule is silly

the rating system struggles to match servers based on overall population, much less specific sections of the population or skill

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

COme to JQ with the greatest SEA presence in NA. We will solve all your night time cap problems.

JQ wants you. Yes you.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

urieldhynne.2743

Is not about my sleep schedule.

By default, every day, you lose ALL your keeps and towers in EB and your BD, BY DEFAULT every night. You lose all your effort during the day by double. And every night, the high asian/oceanic population server win a lot of PPT for FREE vs nothing. They siege a empty building with only npc resistance.

That is just frustrating. Wake up every day and see all your map lose and a lot of point difference because of 5+ hours of free PPT. I dont care lose a good battle, or battle a hard server, there is no battle at all you just lose that points, and if they are 2 servers like that in you current match up you have a secured third place despite what you do or how good you play in the NA/LA prime time.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Yeah it is frustrating. And one of the reasons people transfer to higher rated servers that have the 24 hour coverage.

But there’s also nothing that can be done about it.

I’ve learned to just treat it as an opportunity. An opportunity to Karma and XP train to level some alts while taking all your stuff back that was lost. I’m on SBI and I learned this while fighting SoS for weeks on end – and I actually came to enjoy it and look forward to fighting SoS now.

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

the first part of your dealing with this situation is 1) seriously stop giving a puppy about PPT like 99.9% of everybody else not in T1 Blob 11111 servers

2) be involved in or create a WvW guild that will at least actively work at maintaining your garri on home border so at least u got that WP.

3) If you dont actually care about having that WP then just fill your boots killing people without caring about the PVD pricks just enjoy playing when y are online

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Bolero Bloodreign.9025

Bolero Bloodreign.9025

By default, every day, you lose ALL your keeps and towers in EB and your BD, BY DEFAULT every night. You lose all your effort during the day by double. And every night, the high asian/oceanic population server win a lot of PPT for FREE vs nothing. They siege a empty building with only npc resistance.

That is just frustrating. Wake up every day and see all your map lose and a lot of point difference because of 5+ hours of free PPT. I dont care lose a good battle, or battle a hard server, there is no battle at all you just lose that points, and if they are 2 servers like that in you current match up you have a secured third place despite what you do or how good you play in the NA/LA prime time.

I’m pretty sure people from other time zones feel the same when they wake up and look at their map totally lost during NA hours.

You can do one of three things.

1) Never post a complaint telling anyone to fix it without a suggestion for improvement. What I’m saying is, don’t expect someone else to know the answer if you dont have one yourself.

2) Do like everyone else and recruit guilds.

3) Transfer

4) Anything else I’ve missed?

Lastly, you never mentioned what server you’re from. Unless you’re from a server at the bottom like Eredon Terrace, you really don’t have much to complaint about.

Whats In Your Cereal [NUTS] ~ Blackgate ~
Guardian: Sierra Everheart ~ Ranger: Tinker Bell Cuddles ~ Engineer: Destiny Reign

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

How to destroy a tier 1 server by Anet, give free transfers to medium servers. GG SFR, bet you didn’t see that one coming (yea still haven’t forgiven you for that one). Good to see they recovered well tho. But was real real close to collapsing.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

I’m pretty sure people from other time zones feel the same when they wake up and look at their map totally lost during NA hours.

1) Never post a complaint telling anyone to fix it without a suggestion for improvement. What I’m saying is, don’t expect someone else to know the answer if you dont have one yourself.

3) Transfer

Lastly, you never mentioned what server you’re from. Unless you’re from a server at the bottom like Eredon Terrace, you really don’t have much to complaint about.

This ^

Hi, I am from Eredon Terrace, I am new to WvW (been playing about two months). Prior to this I played PVE only and finally decided to give WvW a try. When I started playing I had no clue of all the ranks, off hours and on hours etc., and just went out to have fun(imagine playing a game for fun!). Eventually, I realized we were on the bottom server. We WERE..

I certainly feel this pain, ET is always out-manned and during our off hours we have very low coverage, (this week is probably the best match up we have had). To combat this(as best as possible),we just started recruiting, coordinating, working harder… ect.. Due to all this we have become very tactically strong and I work with some amazing folks.

There is no answer to the off hour issue, its just there, but you have to remember that your here to have fun, level up some characters when things are rough,make friends to hang out with, look for a few good fights,(The one hour SM three way battle the other night was so awesome..) and at the end of the day it will pay off…

Oh and most importantly, keep your sense of humor when you run your poor little necro into a large enemy zerg at 1 a.m.

Love to all you WVWers, especially ET!

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

T2 on up all have off hours coverage to varying degrees.

T3 all have some off hour coverages but also have some huge coverage gaps.

The only other ones worth mentioning: BP has a Brazillian guild that will typically get on a little bit before EST NA. KN has some nighttime left from the WM rocket days. IoJ and GoM use to have a night game and might have some folks left but I haven’t seen it myself.

TL;DR if you fight T3 or higher, you are going to get rolled in the off hours.

I also believe I speak for all the T3+ servers in saying that we adamantly do NOT enjoy facing mid-tier servers either.

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

There are so many ways that the new matchups demoralize players lower tier servers. Nothing like taking Crystal Desert and making if fight Fort Aspenwood two weeks in a row, let alone making Sea of Sorrows fight Tarnished Coast for three weeks straight.

The problem isn’t just of off hours stuff, it’s being outmanned and outmatched constantly.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

Lol this is so old. You can’t fix this, this is like forcing them to stay up every single night and not giving them to sleep just so you can have a fair match.

You wanna know what’s new? kittening event that drag everyone to PvE, making WvW a ghost town. That is the new strategy for Anet.

in WvW

urieldhynne.2743

3) Transfer

Other timezones? The high populated asian/oceanic server has a LOT of NA players, a lot. They can cover 24/7 wvw. That is the problem vs server without big asian/oceanic guilds.

1) My suggestion does not matter, because i dont work on arenanet. Is not that simple offer a suggestion when you have NO idea what happen inside the company and you dont know a lot of thing the company may deal with.

2) We are recruiting, we are doing a lot of effort, the problem is “we havent enough player in night to deal with a high population night server” for the enemy is just conquer a empty map. That is the purpuose of wvw? Fighting with NPCS? And may be boring for players in asia, enter in wvw and havent enemies to fight with… Is not a 30vs20 situation, is a 30vsNobody situation.

3) transfer? lol… is for players like you some server wvw activity is dead.

in WvW

Posted by: Bolero Bloodreign.9025

Bolero Bloodreign.9025

3) Transfer

Other timezones? The high populated asian/oceanic server has a LOT of NA players, a lot. They can cover 24/7 wvw. That is the problem vs server without big asian/oceanic guilds.

Okay, you’re just not getting it. This was what you wrote in your opening thread:

I play a lot of night wvw, and is just frustrating, we are always 5/10 players without commanders groups vs 30 players zergs,

Sounds like you’re outnumbered, and not happy about it. Guest what? It’s like that with every server. Even on my server where we get cream almost daily by SoR during NA hours because our coverage isn’t as big as their’s. But we’re lucky to have good Oceanic/SEA coverage that can come in to make up for the losses we suffer during NA hours.

And I also gave you some options to remedy your situation. If you don’t like those suggestions, it sounds more like you rather just complaint instead of trying to improve.

Whats In Your Cereal [NUTS] ~ Blackgate ~
Guardian: Sierra Everheart ~ Ranger: Tinker Bell Cuddles ~ Engineer: Destiny Reign

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

yes it is. thats the only reason people complain, because they play at a time when their server is asleep and the other servers arent and dont like feeling like theyre perpetually on the defensive.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

COme to JQ with the greatest SEA presence in NA. We will solve all your night time cap problems.

JQ wants you. Yes you.

Look at some point you’re going to have to admit to yourself that Jade Quarry has enough people.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

I could be off on this but as far as I know, there is the NA WvW ranking and the EU WvW ranking. These are two entirely different sets of servers. When I hear “Oceanic” it really begs the question “where are you playing from?”.

An example would be people from Australia labeled as ‘oceanic’ and playing on the NA servers.

I’m sorry but being in Australia, there is less of a time difference between the Australian time zones and the European time zones than there is with the North American time zones. Sure, it’s only a 30 minute difference but there is more to it than that.

Keep in mind that when it’s evening/night for NA, it is morning for some of Australia. Which means that when it’s evening/night for Australia, it is morning for NA. However, when it is evening/night for Australia, it is only mid day for Europe.

Due to the Earth’s rotation, and location of the international date line, it simply makes more sense for people from Australia to fall within the European servers.

Mind you this is something that should’ve been done from release.

Now they are about to release in Asia, do they have a third set of servers for Asia?

If so this would basicall split the world stage up into three seperate 8 hour segments. Each segment, therefore, could have an 8 hour “sleep” period with the other two active at that time.

What I think would be better would be the following…

Take NA for example. I’ll exclude Newfoundland as they are 30 min ahead of the rest of NA.

You have;

Atlantic
Eastern
Central
Mountain
Pacific

If they did the research and found that the peak time is between the hours of 6 pm and midnight, then it should go as;

At 6pm Eastern time, the WvW opens up for all of NA. At midnight Pacific time, they would close and the score would be locked.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Some people play WvW strictly for the fights without care for rewards, but they are few and far between…

Given this new update and the abundance of loot and gold it gives: The terrible match-ups plus this new patch are equating to a mass drop in WvW population on those servers whom are getting their butts kicked.

Basically, if your even remotely in WvW for the rewards (and yes it can be lucrative with a good group), you’d be foolish to remain in WvW at the moment.

Looking at the current scores, I’m going to take a wild guess that Tiers T2 through T8 have had a fair reduction in WvW population, and will continue to do so while this event goes on.

in WvW

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

I could be off on this but as far as I know, there is the NA WvW ranking and the EU WvW ranking. These are two entirely different sets of servers. When I hear “Oceanic” it really begs the question “where are you playing from?”.

An example would be people from Australia labeled as ‘oceanic’ and playing on the NA servers.

I’m sorry but being in Australia, there is less of a time difference between the Australian time zones and the European time zones than there is with the North American time zones. Sure, it’s only a 30 minute difference but there is more to it than that.

Keep in mind that when it’s evening/night for NA, it is morning for some of Australia. Which means that when it’s evening/night for Australia, it is morning for NA. However, when it is evening/night for Australia, it is only mid day for Europe.

Due to the Earth’s rotation, and location of the international date line, it simply makes more sense for people from Australia to fall within the European servers.

Mind you this is something that should’ve been done from release.

Now they are about to release in Asia, do they have a third set of servers for Asia?

If so this would basicall split the world stage up into three seperate 8 hour segments. Each segment, therefore, could have an 8 hour “sleep” period with the other two active at that time.

What I think would be better would be the following…

Take NA for example. I’ll exclude Newfoundland as they are 30 min ahead of the rest of NA.

You have;

Atlantic
Eastern
Central
Mountain
Pacific

If they did the research and found that the peak time is between the hours of 6 pm and midnight, then it should go as;

At 6pm Eastern time, the WvW opens up for all of NA. At midnight Pacific time, they would close and the score would be locked.

in WvW

Posted by: Heiltdo.2891

Heiltdo.2891

This will create a snowball effect, having nightcaps at low tier servers will encourage more people to transfer to higher tiers, making it even harder to coordinate a night time defense.

Oceanic players do not stay in low tier servers, they leave ASAP. There are tons of incentives coming from high/med tier servers that want night players to fill their gaps.

As someone who is playing in SF atm, while day time it is pretty solid (except patch weeks) night time is a complete ghost town, countless nights it has been me +3 guildies trying to hold our entire BL from the vampires

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpkiller.8516

Sharpkiller.8516

First, do not just think that lack of coverage is a tier 4 and below problem. SoS has very little NA, while Mag and FA have few oceanics. When they go against the tier 1 servers they get rolled just as hard as tier 4 and below get rolled by higher tier servers.
Secondly, they cannot limit the time that the we are allowed to wvw as this is a game for people around the world who play at different times. If they want to lessen the effect of night capping they have to change the way points are generated, or figure out a way yo disperse the population more evenly.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Time lock is a terrible idea, essentially your saying X time is more important then Y time thus Y time shouldn’t matter. I play NA Mountain time, however, I also work late quite often, if I’m going to log on at 3:00am my time, then my contribution should matter.

Time zones will always be an issue, but that does not mean X time is more important then Y time, a step in the right direction would be to start basing server population off of WvW. PvE has guesting, the PvE population is irrelevant, maybe if the mid-lower tiers were considerably cheaper (currently they cost the same as higher tiers with a few acceptions) people might think about transfering to something other then “Tier 1”.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

As a California player I would not like that time lock. I don’t even get home from work until 7 p.m. most nights (not including when I have a board meeting) and then by the time I finish homework with the kids and put them to bed I don’t even log onto GW2 until 9:30 to 10 p.m. So you would only give me, a U.S. person about 2 hours to WvW?

PPT only has to be one part of WvW, not all of it. Aeon had a system where fortresses only became vulnerable for certain periods of the day, based on time zone of that server. The abyss was still very active outside of that period and I think that is how it should work in WvW. Set up lots to do in WvW so that when the competitive focus of PPT is not counting there is lots for people to do.

This is already occurring. The vast majority of servers and its players stopped caring about PPT a long time ago because it is entirely a reflection of coverage and population. Yet night after night these servers are filled with folks going through the motions of WvW without a care at all for the PPT side of the equation.

In NA we have basically 3.5 servers that have the population to compete for the current PPT system and thus care about it. ANET’s vision that no hour is more important then another is a broken concept because by default it makes the off hours of a given region more important to a server. The servers with stronger off hours is who gets the NA transfers and it is a necessity for being a top ranked server. Many servers have very strong NA, but only a few have strong off hour populations. This ends up focusing players into very specific servers, creating ques and skill lag.

In my opinion the current system really just favors a few servers at the expense of everyone else. Having a lot more servers able to compete in my opinion greatly outweighs the negatives of such a system..

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: lilypop.7819

lilypop.7819

The OP is pointing out a very real problem, at least on low pop servers, to my experience.

There would be no harm in factoring in the number of defenders/attackers when a fort/castle is taken or successfully defended.

Certainly on low pop servers there is absolutely no point in utilising upgrades; the gameplay is zerg+golems, and SFA else. It gets boring very fast the moment you hit level 80.

PS: The ‘Outnumbered’ buff is pretty worthless.

(edited by lilypop.7819)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Time lock is a terrible idea, essentially your saying X time is more important then Y time thus Y time shouldn’t matter.

The current system already says that. Because there is a lot fewer players in off hour populations for NA servers, those people become a necessity for any server that wants to compete in rankings. Simple supply and demand, there is not enough people playing in off hours to provide sufficient coverage for all servers and thus they are more important.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

i guess you just have to deal with the issue that WvW is not a competitive game mode. except maybe in very high tier servers which match each others numbers 24/7, or at least more or less so. i would love if to be different, instanced maps that start when there is a queue and run for some hours and then close down and award points to the server, like spvp but on larger scale – or just let only as many attackers on the map as there is defenders – but it simply is not a competitive gamemode and asking for some kind of balance is completely missing the point. the new random matchups made this painfully obvious and really spoil every other week by creating total blowout matches where servers just give up on WvW for the week.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in WvW

urieldhynne.2743

My point that arenanet encourage the transfer to mid/high tier server for those player who actually want to do wvw seriously with the actual ppt system, despite if the player really want to help his low tier server.

You cant help your server when you are HEAVILY outnumber, and every night you lose a lot of PPT, play the next day to recover the position has really no sense, because at night you will lose the double. So you stop playing it or just enter to do pvp in the SM gate just for fun.

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I don’t like it when you people want to limit the time I can play WvW.

I can be on any time during the 24 hour period because I do have a job and do need to make a living. That means while I have to sleep and work, someone else is on trying to take stuff that I worked to build up.

Guess what, I’m fine with that. You all need to get a grip and learn to live with it. I do not like any idea that is going to lock me into a play time when I can be on anytime of the day because every idea to do that has really sucked.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i kind of can relate to OP, playing on mid populated server atm, we are fighting yak’s bend and SoS while our server is somewhere in 15th rank.

We just don’t even have the sheer numbers to defend own bases or world, usually it looks like this: 5 players try to defend vs 50+ SoS and 50+ yaks from other side. It also seems that players from SoS server love to abuse zoom hack, but it is different story.

So at the end of the day, we sit at 0 and can’t even get our towers/camps back simply because when we try we just get overrun by 50+ ppl zerg from SoS again.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Guess what, I’m fine with that. You all need to get a grip and learn to live with it. I do not like any idea that is going to lock me into a play time when I can be on anytime of the day because every idea to do that has really sucked.

The bolded part is my thoughts exactly except to you. I think many people that play also work. I work. We all need to sleep. This isn’t about when you or even I can play. This is about when the hours when most people play. Key word “most”.

Which brings me into the concept of ‘majority rules’. If you happen to not fall in line with the majority, “get a grip and learn to live with it”.

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

The bolded part is my thoughts exactly except to you. I think many people that play also work. I work. We all need to sleep. This isn’t about when you or even I can play. This is about when the hours when most people play. Key word “most”.

Which brings me into the concept of ‘majority rules’. If you happen to not fall in line with the majority, “get a grip and learn to live with it”.

Just like you don’t care about when I play, I don’t give a kitten when you play.

No thanks to limiting when I get to play.

If you want limits, how about we black out the time you get to play. That is fair.

Get a grip and learn to live with it. You people with this entitlement that we black out other players times make me sick.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Yes, unbalanced population is a problem. But the solution is not to make someone elses contribution score less points just because they play during an enemy’s low population time. Nor is the solution to limit the number of people who can play.

Here is the solution to both the variety vs. stagnation problem in matchmaking, the unbalanced population problem, and the dreaded "night"capping:

Make three different matches per week per server. Each 24-hour day will be divided up into three parts. A NA Time Slice; An Oceanic/Asian Time Slice; A European Time Slice.

Each Time Slice will have its own match against different servers. The matches will be determined by rating within each Time Slice.

For example if your server is high pop for NA, med for Ocn/Sea, low EU, you will be matched up agains others with similar population distribution.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

I don’t think that blocking out “off hours” is a fair solution, PPT gained when I am sleeping is some one else’s prime time. If another server has more “coverage” then they deserve to win (as meaningless as that is). However I think Anet would be wise to consider ways to minimize the effect of being out-coveraged.

As it stands now, it is common to log into NA to having all paper structures and little to now siege and maybe their garrison all gone while the other server with Asian/Oceanic or EU coverage has everything fully upgraded and mass arrow carts and counter trebs already in place. So their entire wvw experience is assaulting garrisons and being arrow carted while the enemy server wisely just sits inside and collects easy loot bags. This is not fun.

What I would propose is to somehow allow each time zone to compete on as fair a grounds as possible and not allow “chaining” of time zones.

• Make garrisons 100 times harder to take, this would help morale on outmanned servers. Logging into 0 or near 0 PPT and owning nothing is demoralizing.
  • Have gates and walls have natural decay which must be fed with supply to maintain and siege equipment have strict timers (maybe 1 or 2 hours) that can not be refreshed. And vastly lower the number of siege allowed per map.
  • Having the outmanned buff or having PPT below a certain number (150 maybe?) would stop the decay of walls, gates and seige.

(edited by renmei.3102)

in WvW

urieldhynne.2743

The problem is not only win or lose, the problem is fighting vs nobody, is not even fun. You can lose or win a great battle, you can talk about that epic battle even if you lose it, with proud. But, assault a keep or tower with only npc inside?? is really that fun? Sure, you win the PPT, but there is no battle, no war.

I get boring when i log in wvw and i cant find pvp or the possibility to take something trough challenge fighting. I get bored when we matched up vs dead wvw servers, they morale was totally broken, only few players play wvw in thats servers… And i get bored when i log in and only find 30+ zerg and we are only 4 players, because you cant fight at all… you cant do nothing, dont even try, only back to pve and wait for more players connected.

in WvW

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

+ 1 for Arrogant NA BS; our primetime is just as important to us as is yours. Transfer to one that does have coverage if you care about ppt, if you don’t care about ppt just fight in NA. There are no ways that locking 1/2 of the timezones in the world out of playing the game that don’t sound arrogant full or on offensive to those who play in OC/SEA/EU.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

- How to destroy low/mid – low tier server morale and wvw population by Arenanet:

- Match up with a high asian/oceanic server population. Even better vs two.

Result: Even less wvw players for low tier servers.

Low tiers and low-mid tiers servers dont have a high wvw population, and this gonna worse when you start your wvw day and you only have a few camps and the citadel. New and average wvw players just back to farm fest and pve.

I play a lot of night wvw, and is just frustrating, we are always 5/10 players without commanders groups vs 30 players zergs, they just clear a empty map, they kick you out of eternal and then invade a empty bd without resistance, you cant do nothing, just try to find some roamers to do some kind of pvp until the zerg coming. And this happen EVERY NIGHT

That asian/oceanic servers with a high night and decent or high day activity just has a LOT of free points over night. You can battle with a lot of effort in the day, but when night come you loss everything you win with a lot of sacrifice over the day, more when you are a server fighting out low tier with low wvw population but with great commanders skills and average wvw players. THIS ONLY DISCOURAGE the few night pve/farm players to starting play wvw because they are always outnumbered.

Please, try to fix it.

-NA/LA times for official PPT. Not 24/7 wvw PPT.
-Match up considering the same hourly population besides the server skill level.
-Do something about massive guild server transfers.

Arenanet, you SHOULD encourage low tiers servers to play more and better, NOT snowball high tier server even more.

Your points as you explain them over and over in this thread are relevant more today than they were when you wrote them – as they are now far worse than they ever have been before.

The megaserver has destroyed recruiting.

When others are at work, the servers are opposite for normal human work times, get completely dominated by those who find it much harder during “prime time” (usually between 5-12pm any North American day).

50-10 isn’t fun.

Blocking anyone from a timezone is not a solution but the problem still remains and is becoming untenable.

WvW is better than PvE or Spvp/tpvp – but it is given the least effort and care.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

9 month old thread necroed. gg

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

One powerful necro indeed…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

outside of T1, every server has coverage gaps. You hate getting your stuff taken at sea? Well some of us hate getting our stuff taken during early NA. most of silver gets free karma train on CD during EU/early NA and that’s almost 6hrs+. Our strong time zones do the begrudging work of getting it back together knowingly it goes down again next day. Your main time zone needs to buckle down and take responsibility in getting enemy wps down and your own back up if you want to play the ppt game. The ppt game is annoying as hell, but without it it’s hard to gravitate towards an area for a fight.

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

One powerful necro indeed…

Probably you can even necro a twice as old thread about this topic. It is the worst problem since WvW switched from daily to weekly matches and ANet is still unwilling to see it as problem.

Only one conclusion possible anymore: if you see it as problem play something else.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

tl;dr: MURICAAAAAA

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

When others are at work, the servers are opposite for normal human work times, get completely dominated by those who find it much harder during “prime time” (usually between 5-12pm any North American day).

50-10 isn’t fun.

Megaserver did not destroy recruiting, but made it harder and a different game. I am self-appointed semi official recruiter for Desolation. Slightly over 3 months ago were rank #11, known for great pve and having the best tpvp teams and spvp/tpvp players and having a glorious past as tier 1 server. Now Desolation has been EU rank #1 for several weeks in a row (yes, I am well aware that pretty much every top server in EU is slacking at the moment, that includes Desolation, we are not playing at full force, but taking a bit of a rest). We have gotten lots old Desolation players and guilds back and several new guilds and great players from various competing servers without any need to pay for transfer or bribe them. The language, the time zone doesn’t matter as we got players from all over the world and all time zones. As long as the person has some sense of humor and has the “I won’t give up” attitude, which is needed.

The key to recruitment is to build a community, which accepts all kinds of players and communicate about it. You also need discipline and great PuG/militia commanders and exceptional solo players and small scale roamers, who do the dirty stuff and scout things. Despite being pretty hard core myself, I really despise elitism, I will accept even level 2 characters to my party. The community should be fun and cater lots of needs. Some WvWvW players might still sometime want to do tpvp or do high level fractals or other pve content. The best things is that you can do them with your friends. People respect and support each other and forgive the small mistakes. This week we have had so much fun and laughter in the server wide TeamSpeak and I must also thank our opposing servers for that. Positive things lead to more positive things.

Arenanet’s decision to remove match related threads was a bad one. Arenanet should do their best to cater communities, and match up threads of the official forums are vital part of this.

Being outnumbered and not having any commander with tag open happens to any server. Trust me, I have been often in desperate situations. Having nothing, except maybe just 1 camp on our own border, having the outnumbered “buff” and enemy running 30+ zerg with golems. Then I want to show by my personal example that the Desolators can do their best when they are pushed into hard situations. One player can solo capture a tower or a keep, even when enemy runs in huge blobs. First flip a supply camp. Just kill the guards alone, start building the ram or catapult, fetch more supplies. Timing is the key when you want to be sneaky. Then call in couple of players to help you. 2-3 guys, it is all what is needed. I have done it countless of times before, during and after the seasons/leagues.

Never give up!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

tl;dr: MURICAAAAAA

Thank you for saving my time.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

50-10 isn’t fun.

Megaserver did not destroy recruiting, but made it harder and a different game. I am self-appointed semi official recruiter for Desolation. Slightly over 3 months ago were rank #11, known for great pve and having the best tpvp teams and spvp/tpvp players and having a glorious past as tier 1 server. Now Desolation has been EU rank #1 for several weeks in a row (yes, I am well aware that pretty much every top server in EU is slacking at the moment, that includes Desolation, we are not playing at full force, but taking a bit of a rest). We have gotten lots old Desolation players and guilds back and several new guilds and great players from various competing servers without any need to pay for transfer or bribe them. The language, the time zone doesn’t matter as we got players from all over the world and all time zones. As long as the person has some sense of humor and has the “I won’t give up” attitude, which is needed.

The key to recruitment is to build a community, which accepts all kinds of players and communicate about it. You also need discipline and great PuG/militia commanders and exceptional solo players and small scale roamers, who do the dirty stuff and scout things. Despite being pretty hard core myself, I really despise elitism, I will accept even level 2 characters to my party. The community should be fun and cater lots of needs. Some WvWvW players might still sometime want to do tpvp or do high level fractals or other pve content. The best things is that you can do them with your friends. People respect and support each other and forgive the small mistakes. This week we have had so much fun and laughter in the server wide TeamSpeak and I must also thank our opposing servers for that. Positive things lead to more positive things.

Arenanet’s decision to remove match related threads was a bad one. Arenanet should do their best to cater communities, and match up threads of the official forums are vital part of this.

Being outnumbered and not having any commander with tag open happens to any server. Trust me, I have been often in desperate situations. Having nothing, except maybe just 1 camp on our own border, having the outnumbered “buff” and enemy running 30+ zerg with golems. Then I want to show by my personal example that the Desolators can do their best when they are pushed into hard situations. One player can solo capture a tower or a keep, even when enemy runs in huge blobs. First flip a supply camp. Just kill the guards alone, start building the ram or catapult, fetch more supplies. Timing is the key when you want to be sneaky. Then call in couple of players to help you. 2-3 guys, it is all what is needed. I have done it countless of times before, during and after the seasons/leagues.

Never give up!

Good summary. But you missed the bit about hiding in towers and building 18 trebs in your home keep on EB, then hiding under them despite us having the outmanned buff:-)

Deso does have some good guilds to play against and I always look forward to our match ups, although our pug quality seems to have lowered recently. If people are looking for server to transfer to, Deso would be the one to go to.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Valdemas.4960

Yup, Deso is getting stronger every day they are getting double teamed. People who want to win third season should start transfering in advance. You should talk to Deniara Devious, the self-appointed semi official recruiter for Desolation if you aren’t sure if you should transfer yet.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Yup, Deso is getting stronger every day they are getting double teamed. People who want to win third season should start transfering in advance. You should talk to Deniara Devious, the self-appointed semi official recruiter for Desolation if you aren’t sure if you should transfer yet.

LOL. Nice trolling attempt.

You must know from personal experience that too much band wagoners doesn’t do good for overall quality of PuGs on any server. But right now we are facing an interesting situation in WvWvW. Most of the servers are losing numbers. Empty most of the time, despite few peak hours. And only few servers are gaining in numbers.

But what happened Za Drots [ZDs]? I remember you guys being point wise the most important guild in SFR. And then I heard ZDs moved to Blackgate in late 2013, right? Did you disband?

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Valdemas.4960

^^ Why thank you for the kind words, but isn’t that what you do, I mean recruit people for Deso? Sorry for trying to help then.

As to ZDs – AA, TESO and Wildstar happened. We got up to 15 players these days back on SFR doing open raids mostly, waiting for WvW to get exciting again, so we can get some new/old recruits. Quite enjoying the relaxed atmosphere personally now that the servers are in full slack mode point wise.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer