How to fight thieves in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

How to fight thieves: chain CC. Considering the lack of stub breakers thieves have, it doesn’t take a scientist to figure it out

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

How to fight thieves: chain CC. Considering the lack of stub breakers thieves have, it doesn’t take a scientist to figure it out

Channeled skills work just as well if not better. Ever ran a rifle warrior or snipe ranger in a group comp when a pesky troll thief decides to stall your group? A Killshot will take care of him no problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Channeled skills work just as well if not better. Ever ran a rifle warrior or snipe ranger in a group comp when a pesky troll thief decides to stall your group? A Killshot will take care of him no problem.

I hate killshot. Hit my ele for 16k damage the other day. 1hko

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Monsteratic.5487

Monsteratic.5487

Get a tanky necro and spam wells and marks on the ground. Top it off with death shroud for reflection boon from spiteful spirit = Annoyed theif

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I have an extremely hard time with thieves. I hate them and the dev’s whom created and cater to them with a burning passion. Just a few hours ago I had a pair of tick-tac sized Asura thieves, ended up being condi no less, kill me. I went back and did pretty much exactly what was in the video. It was very satisfying. Think I still have a bit of them on my boots

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.4320

TheLaughingMan.4320

Devs are truly unwilling to deal with the problem that is stealth in pvp.

If you are trying to stay “stealthed”, you should say, have, 50% movement speed decrease, no health regen, some penalties for it. It is FAR too op in a game that depends on quickly locating a target.

in WvW

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

here’s how to actually take thieves down (based on what I know about professions)
mesmer: use illusionary counter and stay out of the thieves way using stealth, then use illusionary counter again while spamming illusions.
guardian: binding blade and whirling wrath + relentless attacks
ranger: run away and have a guardian/ warrior save you.
thief: sit and wait until they’re not in stealth, then backstab

warrior: if you see a thief, go afk and get a drink, come back 5 minutes later and decide to check facebook. Then click on guild wars 2 and start checking what’s happened while you’ve been gone, once you’ve done this, spam /laugh a few times then whack the thief with a hammer twice and jump up on down on their corpse while the healing signet regenerates all of your health that the thief took down (about 5000)

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in WvW

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

If you are trying to stay “stealthed”, you should say, have, 50% movement speed decrease, no health regen, some penalties for it. It is FAR too op in a game that depends on quickly locating a target.

Stealth is actually a mechanic, not a problem.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Stealth is actually a mechanic, not a problem.

A problematic mechanic.

in WvW

Posted by: Luranni.9470

Luranni.9470

here’s how to actually take thieves down (based on what I know about professions)
mesmer: use illusionary counter and stay out of the thieves way using stealth, then use illusionary counter again while spamming illusions.

warrior: if you see a thief, go afk and get a drink, come back 5 minutes later and decide to check facebook. Then click on guild wars 2 and start checking what’s happened while you’ve been gone, once you’ve done this, spam /laugh a few times then whack the thief with a hammer twice and jump up on down on their corpse while the healing signet regenerates all of your health that the thief took down (about 5000)

I spat tea, thanks lol.

Luranni
Perish [FLEE]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: tonkatsu.9067

tonkatsu.9067

haha same video but “pu mesmer” instead

Tyrrionne – Jade Quarry Thief/Mesmer/Engi

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Control and conditions are a thief’s worst enemy. The third is heavy AoE. They have limited stun breakers and cannot really burst off condition types quickly.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

An Elementalist fight a thief with Mist Form.

Yes it does zero damage, but it’s still our most useful spell.

in WvW

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

You can beat thieves if you are Jean-Claud Van Damme. Check my sig.

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Hammer stun > everything. Spam it.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Either my Warrior has broken armor or you aren’t facing good thieves. I’m still hit with 4-6k Backstabs. Not to mention it’s the pistol condi thieves that are an issue. My biggest problem with Thieves and Mesmers is the “rock paper scissors” meta of this game. More than likely I’ll die with my zerg build, swap specs, then hunt them down for it.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

If you can’t beat a warrior as a thief, you are just bad and should quit GW2.

in WvW

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

ok, I should explain, I don’t actually use a warrior, I was just mildly exagerating with true facts mixed in.

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in WvW

Posted by: TheflamingWolf.5861

TheflamingWolf.5861

I hate killshot. Hit my ele for 16k damage the other day. 1hko

3 steps to counter that
1. run staff
2. go to earth and use magnetic aura
3. laugh

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

You forgot engi… which is basically just run bomb kit and laugh at how squishy thieves are.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN