How to fix Pip system.

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Current system is terrible for new players to WvW.

Pip should be rewarded Based on Playing WvW not simply killing a few NPC an calling it a day.

To fix this problem we should add new type pip reward based on taking / defending stuff.

you gain half a pip for taking a camp. 1 pip for taking a tower. 2 pip for taking a keep. as long you own it an stack across maps.

So you have to be in circle to gain pip reward you cant just go around tagging npc an get bonus.

on top of that if you defend something you already own you gain Pip effect of that camp, tower, keep.

^— i want to see WvW play as a game mode not kill 1 npc an afk at spawn as the current system shows.

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Another idea is to make the spawn area a no pip zone. While you are there you get nothing.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Taobella.6597

^ that would lead to extreme spawn camping lol

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

This would just lead to karma trains.

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Heibi.4251

^ that would lead to extreme spawn camping lol

But it would stop afk pip farming at spawn.

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: Abjurer.9302

Abjurer.9302

In the past when WvW rewards were based on active play some players would work together to game the system.

I could see players trading objective defender pips with your current suggestion.

I wouldn’t mind it if rewards were based upon active play but it requires a lot of thought to implement correctly. This is why WvW has many time based rewards.

(edited by Abjurer.9302)

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Another idea is to make the spawn area a no pip zone. While you are there you get nothing.

This would cause people to not WP there after they’re killed if it’s close to the next tick. Or they’ll AFK at a keep.

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhiannon.1726

Rhiannon.1726

Your idea would lead to “sitting behind arrow carts in a keep to get the deff event” and/or to karma trains.

So you have to be in circle to gain pip reward you cant just go around tagging npc an get bonus.

This is a very bad idea. Fights were be lost because people didn’t listen to the commander and ran to the lord instead of fighting at the gate and/or pushing out.

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Heibi.4251

This would cause people to not WP there after they’re killed if it’s close to the next tick. Or they’ll AFK at a keep.

Fine, make it 2 minutes. That way they can port to spawn to move to defend stuff and not lose points.

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhiannon.1726

Rhiannon.1726

Fine, make it 2 minutes. That way they can port to spawn to move to defend stuff and not lose points.

People would just move to the next keep with a wp and afk there.

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Taobella.6597

Your idea would lead to “sitting behind arrow carts in a keep to get the deff event” and/or to karma trains.

This is a very bad idea. Fights were be lost because people didn’t listen to the commander and ran to the lord instead of fighting at the gate and/or pushing out.

Hmm you may be right i thinking more of it being exploited in term of people tagging npc waiting for other people to cap it. but yeah if it resulted that way making capture point not matter i guess it better overall to remove that idea.

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

People would just move to the next keep with a wp and afk there.

Ah but the difference is that a keep can be a combat zone.

Unless Anet want a representative in everyones home holding their hand while playing, they cant stop all AFK. But they can easily stop it in safe zones.

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I’m getting 4 pips every 5 min, at this rate I have to play wvw for 30 hrs to hit the ticket cap per week. It’s a little ridiculous for new or even average players of wvw. (Even worse if your server comes in 3rd).

This is what has led to afk pip farming and frankly I don’t blame them. Apparently wvw is the new grindfest of the game.

aka. “The Complainer”

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

My problem with this is that I mostly hunt other players (thief and all) and flip camps, so I’d basically get nothing despite being very active in WvW. How is that fair?

If there’s a reward, people will take the method of getting it that requires the least effort. Always will. Just get on with the game and stop worrying about them.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I went downstairs last night to let my dogs out, I was gone about 5 mins and left at full T6 participation, when I came back that was already on the red count down to T5.

You get booted if you don’t move after something like 10 mins and by then, by all accounts it doesn’t matter what level of participation you had, it’s most likely gone.

As far as afk farmers doing stuff every few minutes, I have to say, it’s good that someone is. The amount of times I remember setting out solo to try and flip back all our camps that had been enemy owned for 5+ mins before this patch and the amount of times I see that happening now are vastly different.

Now, this activity may vary on different tiers, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you need less pips for these activities, if the population continues to stay active, it might actually mean we could use more activities to gain pips amd wxp from. Like…kill the wurm, kill the gravesite guys, add more sentries, bring back seige razor, beef up T0 camps a bit, add 2 scouts and 2 guards to paper tower and more guards to a keep, and I dunno, maybe give credit for checking taps if the person that tapped it got participation…

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: atticus.5284

atticus.5284

I’m getting 4 pips every 5 min, at this rate I have to play wvw for 30 hrs to hit the ticket cap per week. It’s a little ridiculous for new or even average players of wvw. (Even worse if your server comes in 3rd).

This is what has led to afk pip farming and frankly I don’t blame them. Apparently wvw is the new grindfest of the game.

Here’s the thing – the pip system is meant to reward loyal and enduring WvW players. The goal is to get permanent players. It’s not meant for those who want to “jump in…get reward” then jump out. If you want it, you will need to become a dedicated WvW’er and put WvW into your play rotation for the foreseeable future.

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

If you don’t help build siege and keep them alive for 10 hours you don’t get pip. You also don’t get to jump on my sieges and get pips when enemies are attacking. If you use the sieges I dropped and kept alive for 10(sometimes more) hours all the pips from those siege goes to me.

BTW
The current pips system doesn’t reward loyal players. It is rewarding all the players who left for big servers. My servers with all the new players coming in doesn’t even goes outnumbered now. and we are still “Outnumbered” in a new ways, as is pro wvw vs new pip hungry new comers. The new system need to be rework, its making old players do more work, getting less reward, while getting even more headache and not getting any pips.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

(edited by SweetPotato.7456)

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

^ Thank you! Seige, another thing you should get credit for but dont unless you kill someone or something (like a gate) with it. Building and refreshing defensive seige is participating! While, I don’t think someone should be able to get and maintain T6 just by sitting in a tower refreshing seige every 5 mins, I think these types of activities should count somewhat for what they are, which is contributing.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Here’s the thing – the pip system is meant to reward loyal and enduring WvW players. The goal is to get permanent players. It’s not meant for those who want to “jump in…get reward” then jump out. If you want it, you will need to become a dedicated WvW’er and put WvW into your play rotation for the foreseeable future.

You can have it, it’s a grind and I’m not interested, this has dissuaded me more then it has motivated me.

aka. “The Complainer”

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: Princess.7584

Princess.7584

As I explained to someone yesterday, having Tier 6 participation is not enough, they need to be actively earning wxp not just keeping it up, so flipping a camp or sentry every 5 minutes will not get you the wxp you effectively need to gain more pips.

If you actively play, your rank will increase, then you get more pips.

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

I don’t think the pip system needs to change at all. I get 9 pips usually per tick and 14 if were out manned. I am pretty happy with this. Plus the loyalty pip should start today as well or w/e it they are changing its name to. I think what needs to change is Diamond chest on repeat should award tickets on repeat.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Another thing that would REALLY help new players is if the pips in the
wooden chests didn’t reset every week.
I play several hours, but with 1 pip a tick I can’t get 100 pips in a week…

How to fix Pip system.

in WvW

Taobella.6597

again guys i want to improve the game for new players.