How to get WVW armor?

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: Legend of Rogue.5394

Legend of Rogue.5394

No More trench coats… yeaaa!! Other than that how do you actually get the armor? Is a a WVW track like gift of battle?

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

You need to unlock the Triumphant armour box through the reward track, then choose the item you want, you can then start working towards the T2 set, im not sure what mats you need after unlocking that you can work towards the T3 armour which requires a wvw rank of 2000

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

You need to unlock the Triumphant armour box through the reward track, then choose the item you want, you can then start working towards the T2 set, im not sure what mats you need after unlocking that you can work towards the T3 armour which requires a wvw rank of 2000

Eww, 2000? That seems excessive for freaking ascended gear.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Ascended gear with “particle effects”……

You can get the normal Ascended WvW without 2000 rank.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

2000 is still an atrocious amount to try lure in players from other game modes, which will only make them dislike the game mode even more than they already do.

1000 would have been a far more reasonable amount.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Compared to spvp legendary back is atrocious indeed…

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

2000 is still an atrocious amount to try lure in players from other game modes, which will only make them dislike the game mode even more than they already do.

You mean, its atrocious for you. Those of us who have been playing wvw see that as a very low entry amount.

SBI

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Oh nooooo a reward that rewards dedication to working on WvW rank….

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

1000 for a casual player is roughly a year.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Asur.9178

You mean, its atrocious for you. Those of us who have been playing wvw see that as a very low entry amount.

I have over 3000 rank. Less assumptions are nice.

It’s called having a broader view point. Try growing out of your tunnel vision sometime.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Blockhead Magee.3092

Good for you. You should rethink what is ‘reasonable’ as there was no reasons given other than throwing out a number.

SBI

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Asur.9178

Good for you. You should rethink what is ‘reasonable’ as there was no reasons given other than throwing out a number.

Your name suites you.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Blockhead Magee.3092

Your name suites you.

Aw, going for insults instead of articulating why 1000 is a more reasonable number. You’ll go far with that approach.

SBI

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

This number feels about right, I’m at 1400 in a year and a half with wvw being my primary game mode.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

WvW ranks have been in the game for about 5-6 years, plenty of time to get the rank 2000 required

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

took me 4.5 years to reach rank 2700.. 1000 days played prox

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Asur.9178

WvW ranks have been in the game for about 5-6 years, plenty of time to get the rank 2000 required

The problem here goes beyond just the atrocious requirement in place. The problem includes player’s mentality, like yours.

Sure, there’s players who grinded EOTM during its glorious period or grinded WvW since day one, but that does not validate a poorly implemented and thought out cost.

You’re basically wanting to exclude newer players, or players who do not enjoying spending their days in WvW/EOTM only, from achieving something unless they spend half their life grinding in a specific game mode for a game that is already nearly 5 years old.

Do you think this is something a new player would enjoy? I HIGHLY doubt it. If anything, it will turn them away. Playing catch-up on achievement points is bad enough, let alone locking skins behind something that takes A RIDICULOUS amount of grinding in a mode they may not even enjoy. This is borderline a JRPG grind.

It’s counterproductive for MO to ask vets who enjoy the game to recommend it to potential new players, while introducing something like this in the game.

(edited by Asur.9178)

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I am curious on how much cost it is for T3. I can see it but it doesn’t show the cost as I yet to unlock T2 skin and I am not incline to get another ascended set yet.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

The problem here goes beyond just the atrocious requirement in place. The problem includes player’s mentality, like yours.

Sure, there’s players who grinded EOTM during its glorious period or grinded WvW since day one, but that does not validate a poorly implemented and thought out cost.

You’re basically wanting to exclude newer players, or players who do not enjoying spending their days in WvW/EOTM only, from achieving something unless they spend half their life in a game that is already nearly 5 years old.

Do you think this is something a new player would enjoy? I HIGHLY doubt it. If anything, it will turn them away. Playing catch-up on achievement points is bad enough, let alone locking skins behind something that takes A RIDICULOUS amount of grinding in a mode they may not even enjoy. This is borderline a JRPG grind.

It’s counterproductive for MO to ask vets who enjoy the game to recommend it to potential new players, while introducing something like this in the game.

It is pretty double standard since your post history shown no complain about legendary armor tied to raid or legendary pvp backpiece tied to spvp. If you want cheat codes then play single player game.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Asur.9178

You’re basically wanting to exclude newer players, or players who do not enjoying spending their days in WvW/EOTM only, from achieving something unless they spend half their life in a game that is already nearly 5 years old.

It is pretty double standard since your post history shown no complain about legendary armor tied to raid or legendary pvp backpiece tied to spvp. If you want cheat codes then play single player game.

It is not.

Legendary armour does not exclude new players, and it certainly does not take as much time dedication to acquire it. It does require skill and practice, but it does not require pure grinding. It takes an approximate 12 weeks to acquire a full set of legendary armour, and only because of weekly time gate.

Do not confuse the two simply because you, yourself, may find raids difficult. The two are by no means the same. Nobody is asking for the skins to be made available elsewhere. People are asking the prices to be made more reasonable, and fairly so.

I have all of them (legendary backpacks from sPvP and Fractals, as well as legendary armour)…and I have over 3000 rank; and you know what? I will also have the legendary backpack from WvW. I am unaffected; however, unlike you, I’m simply looking at a bigger picture than being tunnel visioned and letting my unjust emotions drive my decision and opinion on the matter.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

It is not.

Legendary armour does not exclude new players, and it certainly does not take as much time dedication to acquire it. It does require skill and practice, but it does not require pure grinding. It takes an approximate 12 weeks to acquire a full set of legendary armour, and only because of weekly time gate.

Do not confuse the two simply because you, yourself, may find raids difficult. The two are by no means the same. Nobody is asking for the skins to be made available elsewhere. People are asking the prices to be made more reasonable, and fairly so.

I have all of them (legendary backpacks from sPvP and Fractals, as well as legendary armour)…and I have over 3000 rank; and you know what? I will also have the legendary backpack from WvW. I am unaffected; however, unlike you, I’m simply looking at a bigger picture than being tunnel visioned and letting my unjust emotions drive my decision and opinion on the matter.

Oh? I will list one main contradiction you have wrote in black and white.

You said “or players who do not enjoying spending their days in WvW/EOTM only”, that can easily apply to sPvP and Raid. It doesn’t sounds “untunnel” vision for me, it also doesn’t sound calm, certainly doesn’t sound justifiable.

Also, why are you using an alt account to make a post?

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Asur.9178

It is not.

You said “or players who do not enjoying spending their days in WvW/EOTM only”, that can easily apply to sPvP and Raid. It doesn’t sounds “untunnel” vision for me, it also doesn’t sound calm, certainly doesn’t sound justifiable.

….or you can read the comment in its entirety more carefully (without becoming so sensitive about it) and understand that spending time in something you may not enjoy to acquire something you want is perfectly fine, as long as it’s reasonable.

As for why I’m posting from one of my many accounts, it’s simple: you don’t need to know my other accounts. I don’t need you or any other person that may disagree with me whispering me or stalking me in game. It is evident that you already attempted this based on your questioning. All you need to know is people from your guild joins my group to get their raids done, almost weekly.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Even if they lowered the rank requirement for T3, new players would still need an obscene amount of claim tickets for each tier and each weight of these sets. Lowering the rank requirement would do nothing to help new players gain the armor faster, so they may as well work on ranking while building up the aforementioned obscene amount of claim tickets.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

pulls up chair with bowl of popcorn…..nomnomnom

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

It is not.

….or you can read the comment in its entirety more carefully (without becoming so sensitive about it) and understand that spending time in something you may not enjoy to acquire something you want is perfectly fine, as long as it’s reasonable.

As for why I’m posting from one of my many accounts, it’s simple: you don’t need to know my other accounts. I don’t need you or any other person that may disagree with me whispering me or stalking me in game. It is evident that you already attempted this based on your questioning. All you need to know is people from your guild joins my group to get their raids done, almost weekly.

Erm, you make claims, big claims. It will be foolish for me to take your words at face values blindly. You said 3k ranks, legendaries blah blah blah, how much is that is real. Hiding behind an supposedly alt account and telling me that there are people in my guild join your raid group doesn’t make your claim any more credible, in fact, more questionable about your intentions.

How much of what you said is really about standing up for newer players I wonder.

I did read your comments in entirety, literally. However, since you have yet to acknowledge the fact that there are wvwers that do not want to do raids or pvp but want to get the mentioned legendaries, you are disregarding them while typing your post. I ask you this, did you ever made a thread or comment about that for raid and pvp? If you haven’t, that’s double standard in itself. Therefore, I question your intentions as well.

Furthermore, the 2k requirement is for wvw armor skin, not even back legendary. Getting all upset about that is ridiculous.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

I’m confused.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/updates-to-world-vs-world-skirmishing-and-rewards/

Tier 3 Armor

In addition to Tier 2 armor, you’ll be able to earn Tier 3 Mistforged Triumphant Hero’s armor in this release. Tier 3 armor is the ultimate prestigious WvW armor, and it will require you to have earned both Tier 1 and Tier 2 to acquire. Each piece requires a very high WvW rank to purchase. However, unlike Tier 2, this ascended armor will not require any crafting to earn.

But looking at the skirmish vendor on the wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Supervisor#Mistforged_Triumphant_Ascended_Armor it shows Mistforged Triumphant Hero’s (armor piece) requiring grandmaster marks to purchase. Grandmaster marks can only be obtained by crafting and are account bound when you get them.

Is the wiki wrong? Or is the armor in the list here a different type than what was mentioned in the dev blog? The dev blog clearly said “will not require ANY crafting to earn”.

There’s something charming about rangers.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Aren’t these rewards and such permanent? Why the rush to get them now? Weeks later, after the rush, you’ll be able to grind out what you need.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

I’m confused.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/updates-to-world-vs-world-skirmishing-and-rewards/

Tier 3 Armor

In addition to Tier 2 armor, you’ll be able to earn Tier 3 Mistforged Triumphant Hero’s armor in this release. Tier 3 armor is the ultimate prestigious WvW armor, and it will require you to have earned both Tier 1 and Tier 2 to acquire. Each piece requires a very high WvW rank to purchase. However, unlike Tier 2, this ascended armor will not require any crafting to earn.

But looking at the skirmish vendor on the wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Supervisor#Mistforged_Triumphant_Ascended_Armor it shows Mistforged Triumphant Hero’s (armor piece) requiring grandmaster marks to purchase. Grandmaster marks can only be obtained by crafting and are account bound when you get them.

Is the wiki wrong? Or is the armor in the list here a different type than what was mentioned in the dev blog? The dev blog clearly said “will not require ANY crafting to earn”.

To earn I guess it refers to unlock since the 3 grandmaster thingy is comparable to FOTM standard.

Edit: Now that you mentioned it, the time taken to get a stack of memory battle and claim tickets is it equivalent to the time taken to do fotm daily rec for the same piece of armor?

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Charrbeque.8729

I’m confused.

Tier 3 Armor

To earn I guess it refers to unlock since the 3 grandmaster thingy is comparable to FOTM standard.

Edit: Now that you mentioned it, the time taken to get a stack of memory battle and claim tickets is it equivalent to the time taken to do fotm daily rec for the same piece of armor?

Well that’s certainly misleading. I’m even confused by what you just said. What I assumed was you needed to unlock T1 armor, then crafting is involved for T2, then you have T3 unlocked for purchase, and that T3 wouldn’t require any crafting in any way, shape, or form, to purchase.

They didn’t spell out the process very well on how to obtain it all.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

I’m confused.

Tier 3 Armor

Well that’s certainly misleading. I’m even confused by what you just said. What I assumed was you needed to unlock T1 armor, then crafting is involved for T2, then you have T3 unlocked for purchase, and that T3 wouldn’t require any crafting in any way, shape, or form, to purchase.

They didn’t spell out the process very well on how to obtain it all.

To unlock T2, you first have to unlock T1 skin which you can get from the normal reward tracks. Then, to unlock T3, you need to purchase T2.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Asur.9178

Erm, you make claims, big claims. It will be foolish for me to take your words at face values blindly. You said 3k ranks, legendaries blah blah blah, how much is that is real. Hiding behind an supposedly alt account and telling me that there are people in my guild join your raid group doesn’t make your claim any more credible, in fact, more questionable about your intentions.

How much of what you said is really about standing up for newer players I wonder.

I did read your comments in entirety, literally. However, since you have yet to acknowledge the fact that there are wvwers that do not want to do raids or pvp but want to get the mentioned legendaries, you are disregarding them while typing your post. I ask you this, did you ever made a thread or comment about that for raid and pvp? If you haven’t, that’s double standard in itself. Therefore, I question your intentions as well.

Furthermore, the 2k requirement is for wvw armor skin, not even back legendary. Getting all upset about that is ridiculous.

You’ve already Sherlock’d my comment history and account; so, you should know this answer already. If you don’t, then you need to work on your investigatory skill. The answer is well embedded in my comment history.

You may read as much as you want, but you clearly have a problem with comprehending it. I’ve already repeated myself for you; but, I’m not going to continue doing so.

If you would like, I will gladly come post another screenshot for you with the chest piece and legendary back once I have acquired both in a few weeks (ticket time gate) just so you can feel like a colossal idiot at that time. Let me know if you’d prefer that.

With that said, I’m going to go ahead and stop responding to you now because it is in my best interest to avoid responding to someone who is so willfully ignorant.

EDIT: Oh, while at it, I think this is a good time to let you know that you have been on my block list in game for quite some time now. So, not only do you make an impression here, but clearly you made an impression in the game as well at some point in time in the past. All the more reason for me to avoid interacting with you.

(edited by Asur.9178)

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Ayrilana.1396

I’m confused.

Tier 3 Armor

Wiki could be wrong as they may have just copy and pasted.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Asur.9178

I’m confused.

Tier 3 Armor

All ascended armour and weapons use these tokens. These changes were rolled out couple of months ago in an effort to make the costs for acquiring them similar to crafting ascended as a whole.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Ayrilana.1396

I’m confused.

Tier 3 Armor

All ascended armour and weapons use these tokens. These changes were rolled out couple of months ago in an effort to make the costs for acquiring them similar to crafting ascended as a whole.

Read the article linked.

Tier 3 Armor

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Asur.9178

I’m confused.

Tier 3 Armor

Read the article linked.

Tier 3 Armor

Ah, I see what you’re referring to now.

I believe T3 takes only memory of battle and tickets if I recall right. I can check when I’m home and then post about it unless someone else can check first. If that is the case, then the wiki is wrong.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Ayrilana.1396

I’m confused.

Tier 3 Armor

Read the article linked.

Tier 3 Armor

Ah, I see what you’re referring to now.

I believe T3 takes only memory of battle and tickets if I recall right. I can check when I’m home and then post about it unless someone else can check first. If that is the case, then the wiki is wrong.

I think the vendor is only available within WvW so good luck to any of us not already in to verify that.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

You’ve already Sherlock’d my comment history and account; so, you should know this answer already. If you don’t, then you need to work on your investigatory skill. The answer is well embedded in my comment history.

You may read as much as you want, but you clearly have a problem with comprehending it. I’ve already repeated myself for you; but, I’m not going to continue doing so.

If you would like, I will gladly come post another screenshot for you with the chest piece and legendary back once I have acquired both in a few weeks (ticket time gate) just so you can feel like a colossal idiot at that time. Let me know if you’d prefer that.

With that said, I’m going to go ahead and stop responding to you now because it is in my best interest to avoid responding to someone who is so willfully ignorant.

EDIT: Oh, while at it, I think this is a good time to let you know that you have been on my block list in game for quite some time now. So, not only do you make an impression here, but clearly you made an impression in the game as well at some point in time in the past. All the more reason for me to avoid interacting with you.

Ah, that clearly explains your slight aggressiveness and presumptions you have made on your first reply to me. Then, followed by stings and then personal stings.

Btw, I did, I really did. However, I do want you to acknowledge that you did make a sentence that disregarded wvwer even though you tried to smooth it over and corrected yourself without admitting it by saying no one want it to be available everywhere. Still, that isn’t really the point, because, you didn’t ask to reduce the requirement for pvp and raid as well.

Regardless, if you so insist to talk logic of fairness. Legendary PvP Backpiece require efforts, two seasons effort by average to obtain the base items and not to forgot the there are also costly base materials. Legendary armor require like you said many weeks to get 150 LI but not to forget again the costly base materials. This WvW skin is really just skin with materials that cost literally less than 70 gold (total less than 140g), not thousands golds. In return for the lesser gold cost, the trade off for that is your rank which is the time you spent in obtaining them. What part isn’t fair? Because it takes less time to farm golds? How you know it doesn’t take as much tiem to farm the rank? Base on your personal timing to your current rank?

Edit: Also, this is a WvW skin. Though unlike the exclusive skin for ESL player, it is still made as a reward for WvWers, what you are saying is to undervalue the contents made specifically for them.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Charrbeque.8729

I’m confused.

Tier 3 Armor

Read the article linked.

Tier 3 Armor

That’s what I was pointing out. The word “earn” could mean something different. But the blog didn’t mention anything about needing grandmaster marks to purchase anything. And it barely made a passing mention that tier 2 armor needed to be crafted.

This whole thing is messed up. When going for T3 armor, you’re actually purchasing the skins.

Here is the problem: even with the time gating to purchase ascended armor from the fractal vendor, it would still be wayyyyy faster than getting T3 ascended armor in WvW. And if you craft regular ascended armor yourself, without buying it from a vendor, it would be a bit quicker with crafting’s time gating.

Some players weren’t happy about the time gating, costs, and grandmaster marks added, to purchase ascended gear from fractal vendors. It was costly before the grandmaster marks, but was a little quicker to be able to purchase it.

They really went overboard on this one if it really does require WvW rank 2,000 to unlock the ability to purchase ascended gear from a vendor. That will take a really long time, especially for new players. (my WvW rank is over 300) Heck, the fractal vendor doesn’t require your personal fractal level to be super high, or even at any level, to purchase ascended gear. You could just stick with tier 1 fractals to slowly get the research pages needed to buy ascended gear (along with having to craft those stupid grandmaster marks).

Do the devs really hate WvW that much? In my opinion, if you don’t care about the WvW armor skins and only want ascended gear, you’re better off getting it somewhere else, like the fractal vendor.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

btw the t2 set is ascended and the t3 should be shiny.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Charrbeque.8729

They should have made T3 legendary.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Charrbeque.8729

Hmm….maybe the wiki just needs updating then.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6fo3f1/so_if_you_wanna_get_ascended_from_wvw/dijnaw7/
This person says that the (grandmaster) marks aren’t needed to purchase T3 armor, and that you can’t buy T1 from the vendor (which the wiki has listed).

Probably best to wait a little bit for the wiki to eventually get updated. And maybe Dulfy will put out a step buy step guide on how to get the armor. Basically what you need to do to acquire each tier.

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

They should have made T3 legendary.

I hope they will eventually make another legendary armor set but I doubt it. It took them a lot time to finish the first legendary armor. A-net not even done with the HoT legendaries either.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Naw, I played casual WvW for 4.5 years and I’m only at 500.
(Mind you, I think 2000 is about right for the fancy armor — it should be a reward for only the most dedicated, which isn’t me.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

How to get WVW armor?

in WvW

Posted by: Gandalf.1537

Gandalf.1537

Ya, I am a causal WvW player, I play when I can. If I get awards fine, if not, no biggie, O love WvW for fun with my guild, and I am pretty well geared as it is, so, If I get cool, if not well, i’ll just have to keep grinding and playing I guess, no loss for me,

After checking my rank I am +7 6445 idk if that’s good or bad? LOL

(edited by Gandalf.1537)