How to include GvG into WvW

in WvW

Posted by: KICKER.3874

KICKER.3874

Hi all,
I have a decent idea (probably) to include a form of GvG combat into normal WvW.

step 1: remove all ruins and bloodlust from borderlands; sorry Anet, it was a good try, but most of the players don’t like bloodlust/ruins and just find it all an annoyance they sometimes have to care about in close matches.

step 2: put the lake back in with a good sized Colosseum-like arena in the middle

Now it gets a bit more complicated but totally doable, here’s how it could work:

• the first guild that gets there claims it for their server at a npc
  • when this happens, some PPT points will start to count up for the server, how much is yet to be decided
  • when they claim, the guild sets the number of defenders as a value from 10 to 20 (maybe a fixed value of 15 or 20 defenders), those players have to physically be there and stay there for it to give points to the server
  • enemy guilds can issue challenges to take the arena only with the exact numbers set by the defending guild
  • there would be a challenge queue/order when more guilds are there, handled by a npc
  • the matches would be best of 3 rounds (maybe 5 or 9 depending on how long the challenge queue is at that moment), with the possibility to change defender numbers and roster after a match victory (not between rounds)
  • if a challenger wins, they are also free to change defender numbers (unless the number is decided to be fixed at either 15 or 20)
  • combat and siege deployment is disabled on the island and arena walls/spectator places

That would be the general idea, some details are not set in stone obviously.

Let me know what you think or if my phrasing is not clear enough.

(edited by KICKER.3874)

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

it sounds super productive just hanging out in a ring with 15-20 of your guildies while the opposing forces run around taking the ppt structures. maybe if you moved this idea to a a non-borderland zone, say lions or div, then 15-20 slots would be open for players who willing to attack/defend

in WvW

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

Well it would be cool to have an arena where people sign up and every server has a list of “champions” that will fight each other via maybe a popup similar to the “travel to bl” queue thing, and the server gets some points for every fight it wins.

I think it’d be cool but that’s just delirium/utopia

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Hi all,
I have a decent idea (probably) to include a form of GvG combat into normal WvW.

step 1: remove all ruins and bloodlust from borderlands; sorry Anet, it was a good try, but most of the players don’t like bloodlust/ruins and just find it all an annoyance they sometimes have to care about in close matches.

?? Based on which stats?
Bloodlust is key in most match-ups. Points not from tick regularly constitute 30 to 40% of a server’s points and allows low-pop servers to actually compete (I’ll qualify that – allows low-pop servers an outside chance to compete).

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Not in Borderland map as been sad, do that in separate map like the big jumping puzzle.

Then make so guild do a challenge to take Arena with have at least 15min wait before it starts so the defenders have a chance to get players there. (if they do the challenge before time start it can start when window open)
Then you can do so the Guild signup to be with in the fight and for every 4Guild/1arena opens, the defender need to have open for challenge at least 3hours / a day and under that open time the server they are on get points, little points if no one attacks more if they get attacked.

(edited by Shadow.3475)

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

there is a Colosseum type arena in OS… introduced specifically for guilds to gvg.

there is zero need to do gvg in wvw…

The best thing that anet could do would be to change OS to eotm style mega-server… that way guilds can find match ups for gvg that are not restricted to their server match up or tier. It would keep everyone happy.

I agree with getting rid of ruins though… bring back the lake except in the middle of the lake have an underwater keep and introduce underwater siege to defend and attack it.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

there is a Colosseum type arena in OS… introduced specifically for guilds to gvg.

And they even disabled Bloodlust there!

bring back the lake except in the middle of the lake have an underwater keep and introduce underwater siege to defend and attack it.

UAREARANGERANDICLAIMMY5£!

Edit: Sorry – just can’t resist this..
World1 player defending underwater keep to World2 player attacking keep:
“Hacker! I saw you just swim over the wall and kill the Lord! I am going to report you to Anet .. just watch me!”

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

(edited by Bloodwort MacFangho.4638)

in WvW

KICKER.3874

there is zero need to do gvg in wvw…

The best thing that anet could do would be to change OS to eotm style mega-server… that way guilds can find match ups for gvg that are not restricted to their server match up or tier. It would keep everyone happy.

No.

The OS “arena” is just a rushed patch up to apologize for one of the Devs disrupting a GvG and kittenting on players.

No amount of little changes is going to make it good enough for the purpose of a real GvG game mode.

in WvW

KICKER.3874

oook, with all the cdi talk lately let’s see if anybody else likes this

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

GvG needs its own system much like sPvP. In fact I would base the GvG system on the old GW1 arena combat with 10v10, 15v15, etc modes. Add in rankings and cross region play… GW2 would have a big winner on their hands IMO.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Doesn’t need anything that specific.

All it needs is a private, cross realm, instanced zone large enough to hold a full zone of people with varrying landscapes to fight on.

Players can manage the size, scope, and rules on their own just like they’ve done with the current system.

Being completely ignorant to the technical limitations, all you need to do is:

Allow guilds to ‘War’ each other.
Each ‘War’ is given a unique ID.
Guilds can enter a ‘home instance’ or are given a unique megaserver zone with PvP turned on and everyone with that ID goes in the same instance/zone.

Done.

At a bare minimum, that would probably appease the entire GvG segment of the playerbase. Now obviously it could be expanded enormously. But at a minimum, the above would do the trick.

in WvW

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

4 month old thread necro’ed. Nice.

GvG should be it’s own game mode, like PvP. Look up GW1 GvG.

We don’t need anything added to WvW, it has enough issues with being stale and dead, other than new maps, new challenges.

And then I go back and notice I missed this:

GvG needs its own system much like sPvP. In fact I would base the GvG system on the old GW1 arena combat with 10v10, 15v15, etc modes. Add in rankings and cross region play… GW2 would have a big winner on their hands IMO.

Nuff said.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in WvW

KICKER.3874

as usual just fail in comments, sigh

yes separate game mode would be nice too, but that’s not what the thread is about

also, there are advantages to having it part of wvw, a greater sense of community, prestige for the winners and a sense of usefulness since they contribute to ppt fight even if in a small way

every server will want a few decent gvg guilds and there would be no more hate between ppt and gvg -just for fights- ppl

a closed off instanced fight is lacking a lot of good things that can come from just integrating it into wvw in some way

in WvW

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

No, wvw does not need gvg. Fail comments cause they don’t cater to your mindset. Perhaps fail topic? Yeah…….

GvG is a mode, the fact Anet has refused to put Guild Wars in their Guild Wars game for 2 years has left you newcomers to GvG to push it where it doesn’t belong. Facesmashing mini-zergs aren’t GvG, there needs to be captures and the like involved to promote real competition.

The thread needs to die.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Comments fail because their suggestions are different from what you propose?

I don’t know what servers you’ve been on but from my experience, having GvGs in the middle of the map would just tick off the PPT people even more. Those guys want people to sit in towers and refresh siege. Not to mention your idea sounds troll prone.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Lol wow, pretty much identical first lines! Argh thats what I get for alt tabbing and doing stuff.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Piteous.4165

Piteous.4165

In my opinion GvG in WvW is what is helping to kill WvW.

Blackgate
Stay frosty! Keep it tight!

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

How to include gvg in wvw.

Design a system that recognizes when opposing groups of 2+ of guild only players are within x range of each other. Each player is given a notification “would you like to participate in a scored skirmish?” or something like that.

If everyone within range hits yes, then a skirmish is started. A ring, like the ones that pop up for camps, maybe 5.5k units across (maybe it changes on group size?). You are given a time limit to start and the fight continues until one side has no players alive in the ring. Scoring based off of numbers, speed and maybe some other things.

It’s probably a pipe dream but hey, That’s how I would implement gvg into wvw.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

KICKER.3874

If I didn`t do GvGs I would have stopped playing 1 year ago.
In between GvGs I raid 5 days/week to keep up my practice and kill things on borderlands helping my server.

WvW would be a lot more DEAD without all the GvG players desperately trying to keep guilds alive.

Your opinion is kitten.

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

In between GvGs I raid 5 days/week to keep up my practice and kill things on borderlands helping my server.

WvW would be a lot more DEAD without all the GvG players desperately trying to keep guilds alive.

Your opinion is kitten.

No ones opinion means any less than yours just because they offer a different viewpoint. Personally I HATE the GVG guilds we’ve had and when they all left the server before/during summer i was the one happy to slam the door on them. They bring nothing but an overabundant amount of counter-productiveness to wvw. While those guilds have their jolly little fights, keeps and towers fall because they weren’t defending. they were causing a queue on the map and the defenders who would usually upgrade stuff/siege/scout are unable to get in. GVG is not for WVW. You have obsidian sanctum, it is a closed arena seperate to WVW so you can’t cause a tank in points. Bringing gvg into wvw will introduce nothing but problems, if you want GVG ask for a seperate game mode based on gw1s arena system, as stated. Yess guilds in wvw are there to fight and have fun and most can do this without becoming “GVG ONLY 2 PRO 4 U” guilds, defending and attacking enemy stuff in wvw as is supposed to happen.

I hope you find your answer from a Dev because i understand how frustrating it must be to be apart of the community that has no actual home to go to, pvp is too small for you wvw is not right, and obsidian sanctum whilest designed for you cannot meet the purpose as it is limited to matchups. While I do try to empathise with your furstration, i really do not want GvG in regular wvw, and am sure most regular wvw players would feel the same given the negative impact gvg has had on (my servers community) and i’m sure a few others too.
(I have a limit of one post per 30 mins on this forum so if you post and want a response from me it will likely be delayed)

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: Piteous.4165

Piteous.4165

Your opinion is kitten.

Just my opinion, just like your opinion is that my opinion is kitten.

Blackgate
Stay frosty! Keep it tight!