How to reach 100% map explo (wvwvw) ?

in WvW

Posted by: igni.9345

igni.9345

Hello everyone.
Just got some problem. I spend 2+ months to get full map explo, now I need only 10 pois and 3 vistas in WVW. But these forts are always contested by other servers, and I cant reach em for 3 weeks already. I dont like wvw and any sort of pvp, Im not good in it. Guesting on other server doesnt work in wvw. I think u can get my feelings…

So. The question: is there any another way to get this Pois and vistas except server’s changing? I just want to get my title, I spent for it 3 months, it wasnt easy, and now Im stuck at 99%. Maybe I need to wait for some server rotating, changing colors? I dont know even how wvw works, maybe there is something what could help me?

I dont wanna waste 1000 gems (O.o) on it, and then 1000 back to my server, I dont have gold for it.

(edited by igni.9345)

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

What server are you on?

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I would give actually playing WvW a chance. Its not like other forms of PvP. And you don’t really have to be good at PvP to play, have fun, and contribute in WvW.

I don’t know what server you are on but many servers have their own websites and communities that help people learn WvW. And most servers really need more people playing WvW. I’m sure they would welcome you.

in WvW

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

Best thing you can do is just wait. I was in the same situation as you a few months ago. But servers move up and down in the rankings, guilds change servers, and real life stuff happens that affects the number of players in WvW. If you wait, eventually your server will be all the different colors and you’ll be able to get everything.

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

in WvW

Posted by: Valin.4527

Valin.4527

Like others said…patience.

I’m down to 4 POIs that have been held by JQ forever. Once matchups change you never know what’ll happen.

Just get everything you can in the open areas. The BEST way is to help contribute to your team – even if that means just hauling supply or joining the zerg.

But it’s going to take time, keep checking in while you do your thing.

-A man of many Valins [KONG]

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

You don’t have to use the gems to go back to your server if all that you do is PvE… You can guest everyday in your old server… But still 1000 gems will have to come out unless you step in and fight.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

I dont wanna waste 1000 gems (O.o) on it, and then 1000 back to my server, I dont have gold for it.

You will have to spend the gold to transfer to a server that is dominating it’s tier against 2 mostly inactive WvW servers to finish your map completion. Then guest back on your old server till you have funds to transfer back if you really want to be hard linked to it.

-KNT- BG

in WvW

Posted by: Diashame.6328

Diashame.6328

You need to enter w3 and then open up your map. Look for a time in the day where your server dominates and go get them when th map is all you color. If this never happens you in trouble.

Dia – [RET]
Fort Aspenwood – the PvP server

in WvW

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Which becomes null and void if your server constantly loses. Making WvW maps count for 100% map completion was a terrible decision that shouldn’t have been done.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiwen.1520

Kaiwen.1520

My server is finally dropping a tier this week (after over a month in the same tier). I shouldn’t be happy about this, but I am. I’ll finally get to complete my mapping!

On the other hand, I don’t feel too guilty because it isn’t the tier that matters for fun, its the good match-ups. So I’m hoping we have good match-ups in the lower tier. And I’m confident we’ll go back up to the higher tier soon.

If A-net planned to have people waiting for weeks or months to finish their mapping, with little to no control over gaining certain POI’s (on higher level servers, it can be nearly impossible to take some keeps from the green team), then this is working as intended. Maybe they really want to force people into WvW for several weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

This is obviously wrong. Map completion which is a pure PvE thing should never require the cooperation of other people. That’s why even dungeon points don’t count towards it.

I had to fork out $10 + 4g to be able to afford the transfer to another server so I could get map completion. Of course I won’t be switching back because I couldn’t care less which server I’m on.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Maps change all the time. Spend a good 8 hours on any map and likely you’ll get most if not all of you pois and vistas. Most folks get frustrated because they pop in at different times of the day and can’t get the areas they want. The key is really to stick around. You actually may wind up loving WvW … I didn’t think I would, but I’m definately addicted now.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

This is obviously wrong. Map completion which is a pure PvE thing should never require the cooperation of other people. That’s why even dungeon points don’t count towards it.

I had to fork out $10 + 4g to be able to afford the transfer to another server so I could get map completion.

This. With the exception of Orr, every other zone up until that point is something you could fill all on your own. (Orr will require some help due to the temples, statues, and constant enemies.)

Over 95% of it is PvE, and suddenly making the little bit left WvW is awful, because depending on the situation and how the resets go, it can become near impossible to get the last bits you need.

It hurts PvE players by making them go into something they probably won’t want to do, it hurts actual WvW players because those players take up space. And little of what you learn in PvE prepares you for anything in WvW at all. It’s not fun or worth it.