How to repair an orb altar?

in WvW

Posted by: Turkman.1089

Turkman.1089

The problem is the following. Some random player of Piken Square managed to get (through exploiting, I’d assume as all walls have been intact for the whole time) into the lord’s room in Dream Bay keep (or whatever it’s called, the left keep on the red borderlands) and managed to destroy the orb altar. As it was only one player he was easily dealt with and the orb was taken up by one of the defenders. However, the altar did not respawn.

As we didn’t want to put the orb in one of the other, strategically less optimal placed keeps on the map, we let it reset and, as we had superior numbers on the map, were easily able to retake it from the orbs spawn altar in the north of the map. But the problem with the altar in the keep remained and so we had to put the orb into one of the other, not upgraded keeps, which is of course a major setback.

None of the players on the map seemed to know anything about how to repair that altar, so I’d like to ask if there was any possibility to repair a destroyed altar, or if this was just a bug?

Abaddon’s Mouth
Renth/Eirik
[DP] Diamond Pirates

in WvW

Posted by: MajorKong.8095

MajorKong.8095

We’ve had this happen several times to us. It’s typically an exploiter under the world shooting it from below. Usually we have to lose the keep and retake it to have the alter fixed, although we did manage to fix it this one time by having everyone spam the action key (yeh, I’ve no idea how that worked, but it did).

MajorKong
Human Elementalist -The Iron Triangle [IRON]
My WvW review

in WvW

Posted by: Xenotor.1350

Xenotor.1350

you know that thunder strom that starts after taking the quagan camp on the island in the center of the borderlands map does also dmg the altar?
The Altar will repair itself slowly but if the quagan camp is perma under controll of the enemy then you will loose your orb after some time.

in WvW

Turkman.1089

The quaggans were neutral, so I don’t think it had anything to do with them.

So presumably we would have needed to wait for some time longer for it to repair?
Is this repair progress visible? Because the look of the altar didn’t change at all over the course of time. It remained in shambles and didn’t look as if it would rebuild. The supply of the keep was full, if the repair would need supply.

Abaddon’s Mouth
Renth/Eirik
[DP] Diamond Pirates

in WvW

Posted by: Kralous.7563

Kralous.7563

Using action when it shows “Place orb in altar” can repair it after multiple presses. If it doesn’t work its bugged out and I don’t think you can do anything until the keep changes hands.

in WvW

Turkman.1089

ah ok. the player carrying the orb had tried to put it back, but failed. Maybe he should have tried more often then. Thanks for the reply. I hope this will work next time.

Abaddon’s Mouth
Renth/Eirik
[DP] Diamond Pirates

in WvW

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

Press F with supply on you, because sometimes the bar does not move if you do not have supply.

in WvW

Posted by: Kralous.7563

Kralous.7563

I should of mentioned in my other post that the orb carrier cannot repair (apparently).