How to save WvW

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Eliminate all servers matchups. Instead, each server is randomly assigned color. Then when you go into a borderland, you always find fights! No more empty maps!

Too read, didn’t long – Turn WvW into EotM, but use normal BL and EBG.

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: vier.1327

vier.1327

Change the tittle; How to not save WvW

Mejor músico de Bahia de Baruch.

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Save it from what?

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

How to save WvW

in WvW

Natto.5819

Save it from what?

From low population and empty borderlands.

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Save it from what?

On a low pop server and having lots of fights.

Dtox

How to save WvW

in WvW

Chinchilla.1785

Save it from what?

Continuing on, now why do you think that happens? Before we even propose a solution.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

How to save WvW

in WvW

Natto.5819

Save it from what?

Continuing on, now why do you think that happens? Before we even propose a solution.

Because everyone transfered to BlackGate.

How to save WvW

in WvW

Chinchilla.1785

Save it from what?

Let’s assume that’s true. Why do you think so many transferred to BlackGate?

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Even T4 has large scale fights so I don’t see the issue atm.

How to save WvW

in WvW

Natto.5819

Save it from what?

Because it somehow opened when it was already full?

How to save WvW

in WvW

Chinchilla.1785

Save it from what?

What do you think the motivation was for those people that transferred to Blackgate? How does that motivation relate to your observation of low population?

How to save WvW

in WvW

Natto.5819

Save it from what?

What do you think the motivation was for those people that transferred to Blackgate? How does that motivation relate to your observation of low population?

Because some servers pay players to transfer over with a promise of better quality game play, only to take breaks when strong competition shows up? This drain other server of Commanders to follow. No Commander tag means no one to follow and means no fights.

By putting each server on a color like EotM, then you’ll always have people to play with, and play against. No need to link servers to each other anymore.

How to save WvW

in WvW

Chinchilla.1785

Save it from what?

Because some servers pay players to transfer over with a promise of better quality game play, only to take breaks when strong competition shows up? This drain other server of Commanders to follow. No Commander tag means no one to follow and means no fights.

By putting each server on a color like EotM, then you’ll always have people to play with, and play against. No need to link servers to each other anymore.

Since we assumed everyone was already on Blackgate. Everyone will be on the same color, and your solution won’t work regardless. Because I believe you never meant that everyone was actually on Blackgate we can omit this.

In theory your Eotm conversion works. In practice, I wouldn’t force it upon “normal WvW.” Rather just add EBG map to Eotm. Borderlands maps shouldn’t really be included for they’re not radial symmetrical. This way people can retain their “Server Identity” for those that still praise such a thing, and everyone else can flock to the added Eotm maps.

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

Game needs saving from Anet really.

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

T4 consistently has better fights than T1. T1 just has more people show up for NA prime and has a bunch of Asians that hop around the maps in the middle of the night looking for the path of least resistance so they can k-train.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

You know if you want to play eotm, you can just go eotm?

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

How to save WvW

in WvW

Rambitshouse.8712

Starting to believe this. Friends are moving on to WoW saying its better lol

Dtox

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

TBH I was thinking of returning also!

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

Maybe on 1 map. rest are ded for sure. Eotm reset this week was fun because there was non stop action. That’s the way wvw should be.

Native Maguuman

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

How to save WvW is, removing WvW and make all PvE maps PK zones. Every map that has a WP with a “structure/build” a node…your ppt for the ppters

[Rekz] Another Dead WvW Guild

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

How to save WvW is, removing WvW and make all PvE maps PK zones. Every map that has a WP with a “structure/build” a node…your ppt for the ppters

Anet is against that kind of gameplay.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

How to save WvW

in WvW

Rambitshouse.8712

I have to admit, same here. Ughh….the dirty hotel in Elwynn Forest is calling to me.

Dtox

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The no-objective campaigners should be used to what WvW is by now. Surely we can celebrate WvW for the variety of gameplay it affords? That must be one of the reasons for it’s longevity.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: misawamitsuharu.7605

misawamitsuharu.7605

lol man you guys find an other game already do you think anet cares? it’s been 5 years………………

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

lol man you guys find an other game already do you think anet cares? it’s been 5 years………………

Dude speaks the truth to be honest.

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

Basically, Turn Mist War into Edge of the Mist

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Draus.1429

Draus.1429

I have to admit, same here. Ughh….the dirty hotel in Elwynn Forest is calling to me.

I returned WoW late Warlords of Draenor because my old friend guild called , i played EN and NH raid just Heroic since we don’t have enough man to go 20 Man Mythic. We used to do 10 man content before Dreanor. Now i don’t feel like i want to play WoW anymore. It’s a bit more grind and repetitive, more then ever.

I came to check if GW2 is still rocking, there are always posts criticizing but seems there are more then before. Now i am having 2nd thoughts even i really missed GW2 WvW.

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

I agree 100% with the EotM-style pairings. The population that was lost probably isn’t coming back.

Not to mention that server pride can’t exist as long as people keep transferring in big groups. It’s all about supporting your guild name. There’s no reason to have server tiers now.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ankortwat.4926

ankortwat.4926

it is the fault of the community that gw2 is going to die, because you all asked for more skill based gameplay, but you forgot about the beginners, so no beginner will have fun in wvw or pvp anymore since bunker meta is gone, mm and turret engineer is nerfed. Players will stop playing and new players will stay in pvE. So the community wanted wvw and pvp to die and I warned about it a few years ago. Just bring easy to play builds back that every beginner can master and will be able to sustain to even experienced pvp players, maybe then beginners will start and stay to play competitive again, else game will be dead very soon. And remove gear advantage in wvw exotic should be the best gear available in wvw. But it will never happen, so I will continue killing beginners straight away from spawn, until you all realize how stupid you were when you asked this game to be more skill based.

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

it is the fault of the community that gw2 is going to die, because you all asked for more skill based gameplay, but you forgot about the beginners, so no beginner will have fun in wvw or pvp anymore since bunker meta is gone, mm and turret engineer is nerfed. Players will stop playing and new players will stay in pvE. So the community wanted wvw and pvp to die and I warned about it a few years ago. Just bring easy to play builds back that every beginner can master and will be able to sustain to even experienced pvp players, maybe then beginners will start and stay to play competitive again, else game will be dead very soon. And remove gear advantage in wvw exotic should be the best gear available in wvw. But it will never happen, so I will continue killing beginners straight away from spawn, until you all realize how stupid you were when you asked this game to be more skill based.

Is this sarcasm? Do you actually think what we currently have is skill based gameplay?

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ankortwat.4926

ankortwat.4926

Is this sarcasm? Do you actually think what we currently have is skill based gameplay?

you ever played when bunker meta was viable?

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Lorus.4218

Lorus.4218

Ahahaha this and replace blue BL with the EotM map, it would be the ultimate WvW… not, but lol.

Seriously though, EotM and red BL are the two maps Anet has put effort into since the release, and they both ended up detrimental.

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

it is the fault of the community that gw2 is going to die, because you all asked for more skill based gameplay, but you forgot about the beginners, so no beginner will have fun in wvw or pvp anymore since bunker meta is gone, mm and turret engineer is nerfed. Players will stop playing and new players will stay in pvE.

So the community wanted wvw and pvp to die and I warned about it a few years ago. Just bring easy to play builds back that every beginner can master and will be able to sustain to even experienced pvp players, maybe then beginners will start and stay to play competitive again, else game will be dead very soon. And remove gear advantage in wvw exotic should be the best gear available in wvw.

But it will never happen, so I will continue killing beginners straight away from spawn, until you all realize how stupid you were when you asked this game to be more skill based.

I assume you blame the pve community, because wvw players didn’t ask for traits to be overhauled yet again, they didn’t ask for stability to be nerfed to uselessness, they didn’t ask for conditions to blow up people, they didn’t ask for elite specs to be overpowered than vanilla.

They asked for skilled gameplay and were given passive spam boons spam conditions gameplay instead.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

How to save WvW

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

it is the fault of the community that gw2 is going to die, because you all asked for more skill based gameplay, but you forgot about the beginners, so no beginner will have fun in wvw or pvp anymore since bunker meta is gone, mm and turret engineer is nerfed. Players will stop playing and new players will stay in pvE.

So the community wanted wvw and pvp to die and I warned about it a few years ago. Just bring easy to play builds back that every beginner can master and will be able to sustain to even experienced pvp players, maybe then beginners will start and stay to play competitive again, else game will be dead very soon. And remove gear advantage in wvw exotic should be the best gear available in wvw.

But it will never happen, so I will continue killing beginners straight away from spawn, until you all realize how stupid you were when you asked this game to be more skill based.

I assume you blame the pve community, because wvw players didn’t ask for traits to be overhauled yet again, they didn’t ask for stability to be nerfed to uselessness, they didn’t ask for conditions to blow up people, they didn’t ask for elite specs to be overpowered than vanilla.

They asked for skilled gameplay and were given passive spam boons spam conditions gameplay instead.

That is what Anet from gw2 think it is a skilled gameplay… and it will get worse with more aoe spams form the next expansion… this guys were warned before hot with the lack of balance, and they went all kittened on class design necessary for the HoT pve .

Not much can be expectec from the actual Anet quality they cant even pamange to find a midleground between pvp/pve class desigm if skills were designed for pvp gameplay they would fit nice on pve as well since pve would be buited on top of those skills.

Inovation company my kittens

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Christ, Aeolus, did AOE kill your family or something?

Also, whoever mentioned it, the stability change was entirely WvW/PVP-directed.

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Newbkakes.4971

Newbkakes.4971

quoting for truth

Wipin zergs since 2012
Former Too Kitten [BÆST] leader/founder
[TBT] The Black Tides since ’14

How to save WvW

in WvW

Natto.5819

quoting for truth

Maybe they give up and just focus on PvE and new expansion? Or maybe secretly work on GW3 with Unreal Engine?

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kilo.2539

Kilo.2539

Eliminate links, Create 6 new servers (new names) because of pride/ server loyalty etc. Allow the community free xfers for the first month to manual balance. If guilds really cared about fights they wouldn’t stack 1 server.

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Anet is against that kind of gameplay.

Though they where against having locks on content and grinding too but then added in raids that do just that…

I like to see eotm become a more open rvr map where you can chose the side your on and fight for a end reward base off of how well your team dose. That and add shrines / there jump effect to eotm so you can get arone out side of the worm.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

How to save WvW

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Christ, Aeolus, did AOE kill your family or something?

Also, whoever mentioned it, the stability change was entirely WvW/PVP-directed.

lol… the problem is that when game have to much spam area damage like cleaves and AOE they become ugly and broken, its a fact, go check the new warhammer and why people dont like it.
Another fact is how awfull Anet tend to be at game balance between pvp and pve in terms of skill and class design.

There also the power creep effect, that is due not the high damage builds alone but the fact u can stack in a area the cleaves from autos and autos tend to hurt quite a bit alone when they stacked it creates the power creep effect so it will be a victory based o who spams more harder and faster no much about player skill at the long game, the lack of decent aoe, since we have the cleave spam base of the gameplay not much aoe is needed, altough a better AOE and less cleave spam would make the game more enjoyable and playable and for sure much less laggy on the blob, there would be less ticks and more focused fire, more target calls, and other load of good things.

And sorry about the poors man english, it may sound a bit confuse to read :<
Im just asking for Anet remove cleaves form autos atacks that was to much for the game.

Meanwhile expect next exansion classes specs to have more boon s pam more condi spam more aoe/cleave spam… and more WvW lag.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Why dont you go EOTM then?

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Maybe they give up and just focus on PvE and new expansion?
Or maybe secretly work on GW3 with Unreal Engine?

I’ve been seeing more “gw3” references lately. I don’t think they are working that at the moment, most of their focus is on the next expansion, they don’t have the dev power to work on two projects like that at the same time. I believe when they switched to working on gw2 they had stopped with the expansions for gw1? Also highly doubt they would include another wvw into gw3, instead focus on pve and a little something on the side for pvp.

I’m sure Wvw currently is all we are going to get, and unfortunately it will continue to die because they don’t have solutions that will please everyone, they make no effort to grow it, they’re also afraid to do revamps to the systems in place, like the alliance/battlegroups would have done.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

the map sucks.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

How to save WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

the map sucks.

It can be fixed with thing already in the game. Also why was the shrines not tested in eotm before they came to dbl what is with anet and them just giving up on old things?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA