How to tear a new kitten in T1 and T2 servers

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

1 – tell them their servers are full – lock it up and prevent any further transfers, leave them stuck in their servers – tell them it’s because you want to build the rest of the Gw2 population or something and don’t let them transfer out.

2 – Reward players stat bonuses for each month they served on their current server.

3 – make a 2nd wvw sub match that limits the wvw maps to 60 players – 12 hour matches to eliminate the overnight coverage imbalance on the score.

us lower tier servers will take it from there.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

First one would be alright. The other two would be silly.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Ricky.4706

silly to reward loyalty ? in “Guild” wars ?

doesn’t the npc always say – “Always be loyal to your crew” ?
it’s silly to actually follow the story line ?!

making an even match is silly ?

Huh …HUH ?

do I smell fear ?

Do it Anet….just do it!! leave them the big map …but without scores, they will need some empty doors to vent on after we are done with them!!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: kaedric.2308

kaedric.2308

With an even population the lower tier servers would still get crushed. Stop running zerker gear, learn to fight together and cover each other’s weaknesses. Learn how to defend towers, keeps, and camps. Come to a T1 server and see the huge difference in play style.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

theories are fun – but anet has the power to show the facts.

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

Loyalty? especially in your context? what in the world in this guy talking about, I might not like alot of what the devs do, but if this is the alternative my god I am at least a little bit thankful

PS, Im glad your organized guilds left your server, hopefully they will end up somewhere where they can have fun and make a difference with like minded people

in WvW

Ricky.4706

I’m glad they left too, I wouldn’t want them trying to take credit for the t1 and t2 massacre that would go down. That’s why they transferred to us, and why they transferred to you…for unearned credits.

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

do I smell fear ?

…Why would I be afraid of a suggestion you made?

It’s a suggestion which promotes power creep and entrenchment. WvW submatches don’t address the actual problem, they’d just run away from them.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I feel obliged to chime in that all three ideas are terrible. Just to make sure that Anet doesn’t look in this thread, see no disagreement, and decide it must be a good idea.

1. Players shouldn’t be punished for being in T1. I’d be good with not allowing any players to go TO T1, but you can’t remove T1 players ability to transfer without removing everyone elses.

2. No more stat bonuses. WvW already has enough in my opinion. Too much in the opinion of some people.

3. Limiting maps to 60 people doesn’t accommodate the desired gameplay style of everyone. It does accomodate some people for sure, but many like the larger map caps.
4. 12 hour matches wouldn’t really change alot. You’d win the 12 hour match that you have coverage for and win the following lose that you don’t have any coverage for.

The one and only thing you suggested that I could kind of get into is rapid matches. I could totally go for 1 day, 2 day, or 3 day match ups as opposed to the current week long matchups.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

“Always be loyal to your crew " – Guildwars 2

that’s part of the storyline …

those bonuses are appropriate – what’s not appropriate is sending zergs to capture bloodlust bonuses.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

let me explain to you guys something, the lower tier wvw pvp servers are the true heir to the pvp throne – we don’t run like all the guilds in t1 servers.

even the fights so we can remove this horrible rumor that t1 and t2 are the best pvprs in the game, its nonsense and very untrue.

in WvW

timidobserver.7925

let me explain to you guys something, the lower tier wvw pvp servers are the true heir to the pvp throne – we don’t run like all the guilds in t1 servers.

even the fights so we can remove this horrible rumor that t1 and t2 are the best pvprs in the game, its nonsense and very untrue.

This is your problem and the reason I disagree with number 3. While I disagree with them, number 1 and 2 are unbias ideas that have the goal of making the game better. Number 3 doesn’t do much but push your style of WvW that you think apparently the “heir to the PVP throne” on everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Kashijikito.1864

Kashijikito.1864

It’s “always be loyal to your Krewe” by the way. It’s an asuran thing.

Kaz Bloodclaw, The Bell Tolls, Kaz The Spaz
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Ricky.4706

stuffing your servers with people desperate to win does not make you a top pvp server.

make the scores for the leagues credible – even the fights …..there are no other servers with your numbers – so you are only exploiting a game mechanic. so I call a foul on t1 and t2 servers.

you have no true wins to challenge my points.

Balance the matches – and break them up into 12 hours – so the day teams can’t leach off the night team scores.

reward loyalty, because it’s justice.

lock the servers for the leagues so people learn to be loyal.

simple and elegant.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Loyalty.....in a video game?

What a stupid concept, quit treating the game like real life. You’ll be a lot happier.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: fragnstein.3486

fragnstein.3486

So people that can only play during the night no longer count? Thats kittenty

in WvW

Ricky.4706

t1 and t2 servers can’t win because they are over populated – there just isn’t enough people to fill up enough servers to make their wins credible – thus they are simply exploiting a game mechanic – I call foul.

you can hiss and fight all you want, this is justice speaking!

there’s a chance that your hopes of outmanning the game may flip on you.

Anet, you know what has to be done…. Don’t be evil!

in WvW

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

Sorry I cant hear you from all the way up here in T1

Minion

in WvW

timidobserver.7925

stuffing your servers with people desperate to win does not make you a top pvp server.

make the scores for the leagues credible – even the fights …..there are no other servers with your numbers – so you are only exploiting a game mechanic. so I call a foul on t1 and t2 servers.

you have no true wins to challenge my points.

Balance the matches – and break them up into 12 hours – so the day teams can’t leach off the night team scores.

reward loyalty, because it’s justice.

lock the servers for the leagues so people learn to be loyal.

simple and elegant.

Not everyone on larger servers are desperate to win. Some people just like larger scale combat. Maybe you don’t like it, but that doesn’t make it some how wrong. It doesn’t really make sense to make the larger majority of the WvW player base change over to the play style of the minority.

As it stands, loyalty is a requirement for WvW and shouldn’t be one. If your server community starts sucking or you want to move and play with a friend, there should be no punishment.

GW2 is a global game. Policies that discriminate against certain time zones should not be put in place.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

thank you for admitting that most of your audience is IN FACT desperate to win.

I’ll agree, not all, because there were the originals who made the server worthy of transfer to begin with ….and to them…and ONLY to them I give the respect.

The rest of you….pffft -the hand-

in WvW

timidobserver.7925

thank you for admitting that most of your audience is IN FACT desperate to win.

I’ll agree, not all, because there were the originals who made the server worthy of transfer to begin with ….and to them…and ONLY to them I give the respect.

The rest of you….pffft -the hand-

My Audience? What?

in WvW

Ricky.4706

the whole t1 and t2 crowd – 10 percent of you made those servers hot ….the rest want to ride their coat tails. It’s unfortunate that those talented few will never shine because of the extra guilds that just wanted to transfer to a winning server to call themselves pro pvprs. my heart goes out to the talented few unrecognized guilds, may they travel well.

in WvW

timidobserver.7925

the whole t1 and t2 crowd – 10 percent of you made those servers hot ….the rest want to ride their coat tails. It’s unfortunate that those talented few will never shine because of the extra guilds that just wanted to transfer to a winning server to call themselves pro pvprs. my heart goes out to the talented few unrecognized guilds, may they travel well.

While I don’t have any issue with people transferring, I will say that I’ve been playing on the same server since launch.

I don’t have any issue with people liking different things than me. Some people like large scale combat and large group coordination. I don’t think everyone should be forced to become a roaming party because that is what you like.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

consider it an honor ……us mid level servers want to scrape the leaches and bandwagon guilds off of the very few REAL talent guilds in your servers.

in WvW

timidobserver.7925

consider it an honor ……us mid level servers want to scrape the leaches and bandwagon guilds off of the very few REAL talent guilds in your servers.

Your not getting the point. Some people don’t like your style of WvW.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

yeah, that’s how the world works ….some people like one thing, some people like another.

on both sides of that coin, fair is fair.

Even Matches at around 60 because that’s a more REALISTIC number that most if not all servers can provide – 12 hours so NA players can’t leach off of foreign player scores.

Reward Loyalty because it’s part of the story line.

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

The current server mismatch is a symptom of two things:

1. too many WvW servers
  2. population being the largest determinant of outcomes in WvW

The solution is not to penalise the players on the most populous servers, but to increase the populations of the other servers to more competitive levels.

As we’re not going to get an influx of new players into WvW (despite Anet’s hopes for the new league), the only way to achieve this is consolidate the WvW population form the other servers onto a smaller number of servers.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

some of us really like our servers and are loyal to it – that is part of the role play in rpg games – you CAN NOT reward people who have no loyalty – it doesn’t follow the theme of the game. Nor can your enforce the lack of RPG vision on others who do follow the roleplay. Right now the game mechanics reward people who are not loyal and chasing after scores. So I’m not saying to penalize them, I’m saying to reward the loyal as the RPG part of the game. In effect, yes, I realize that the actions of a disloyal player penalizes him, but that’s HIS doing.

My Call of foul on t1 and t2 servers stand, also from the RPG point. it is an RPG game correct ?! should we devoid the rpg aspect mid level servers enjoy because t1 and t2 don’t care to play an rpg like an rpg ?

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Ricky.4706

yes, I am invoking the Story Line Department into this to balance the wvw team! :p

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

T1 and T2 servers has numbers for coverage. I won’t speak for everyone, but most of the T1/T2 guilds who transfered off of it cause there were too many people. There are those who have been there since the start as well. Some might go there for the win, but not everyone is welcome. You assume way too much without even knowing anything, sit in a T1 or T2 server VOIP, we don’t jump for joy everytime there is a guild wanting to join us, we rather not wait in que to get in on the WvW action.

As for who is the superior PvPers, those would be the SPvPers, WvW is a different game, a game of communications. Lower tier players lack communication and any form of discipline, not saying top tiers don’t but I see it all the time from the lower tiered servers. I see in our server forums about lack of discipline because we have 3-4 commanders tag in a map and spreading our forces too thin at some hours. Then I laughed to myself and think about the 7+ tags you see on lower tiered servers. And for no good reason at all. In fact most of the time our “commander” prefers to run tagless.

As for your points:
1 – I’m fine with it, lock us into our own death match. you are right the T1 and T2 servers need to stick to fighting each other since it doesn’t demoralise us to get into a BL and see that everything is flipped, doesn’t demoralise us when we get outnumbered(contrary to popular belief we do not have full qued maps all the time, in fact it’s pretty rare).

2 – I agree with this point, but rather of stats. Should be more of rewards even if its slight bonuses to gold/karma/WXP ect.

3 – Seems pointless to me, the scoreboard is a waste of time. In DAoC you RvR to fight, zergs or groups, not for points. One thing I’d like to see remove from the game entirely. People will just shift their times to optimize the 12 hours. But part of me want to see it happen, I do realize some of the mid tiered servers will be rank shuffled, but I want to see what new excuses people come up with after they still get wrecked by the better coordinated “zerg” servers.

[DONE]

in WvW

Ricky.4706

only one way to find out – anet simply needs to make balanced wvw fights…..till then…it’s all theories – the only fact is that most of the t1 and t2 guilds are there for the free ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

No one has learned to not feed Ricky the troll, shame in you wvw forums, shameeeeee

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

With an even population the lower tier servers would still get crushed. Stop running zerker gear, learn to fight together and cover each other’s weaknesses. Learn how to defend towers, keeps, and camps. Come to a T1 server and see the huge difference in play style.

There is a lot of truth to this post. The idea that lower tier servers don’t/can’t zerg with the same numbers as the T1 servers is kinda a myth, just not across all 4 maps. The population diff is real, so usually they give up on the 2 enemy BLs and pull back into their home BL and maybe their EB corner where they blob it up with numbers equal to or greater than ours. The problem is that an 80 players zerg of zerker longbow/bear-pet rangers, flamethrower/nade engis and other non-synergetic builds and classes just melt on contact. I think that more mismatched matchups will have lower tier servers adapting and the blowout will be much smaller.. I hope.

(edited by renmei.3102)

in WvW

Ricky.4706

it’s a known fact that 98.45% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Theories are fun to imagine as facts – doesn’t make them true though – heck, maybe the big bang never even made a sound! We will never know as long as people hide behind blobs.

in WvW

Posted by: Vendetta.1958

Vendetta.1958

There is a lot of truth to this post. The idea that lower tier servers don’t/can’t zerg with the same numbers as the T1 servers is kinda a myth, just not across all 4 maps. The population diff is real, so usually they give up on the 2 enemy BLs and pull back into their home BL and maybe their EB corner where they blob it up with numbers equal to or greater than ours. The problem is that an 80 players zerg of zerker longbow/bear-pet rangers, flamethrower/nade engis and other non-synergetic builds and classes just melt on contact. I think that more mismatched matchups will have lower tier servers adapting and the blowout will be much smaller.. I hope.

As a former commander of a T5 server before I transferred in February, this is very true. We were a very dedicated PvE server, and most Zerglings were zerkers. Once my guild and I joined JQ, the synergy that more team based builds allow was obvious.

Veypa Windclaw
Fanciest Charr OCX
Mreow – [HD]

in WvW

Ricky.4706

it’s nice to see everyone thinks they are in the best pvp servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

3 – make a 2nd wvw sub match that limits the wvw maps to 60 players – 12 hour matches to eliminate the overnight coverage imbalance

Ok, but we gauge overnight from the OCX/SEA point of view and limit the NA imbalances.

This is why people hate America

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

stop feeding this thread guys, it feels like youre getting trolled and its toxic as hell

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I’m going to laugh like hell tomorrow when their big announcement is that they’re shutting your server down and moving you to T1.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

I’ve been on my T1 server since Beta 2 so I am fine with this…

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

in WvW

Ricky.4706

the question is can you keep it t1 without the blob….. ^.^

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

the question is can you keep it t1 without the blob….. ^.^

Why would anyone want to leave t1 if they lose a stat bonus for doing so?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Genesis Notch.1905

Genesis Notch.1905

Man, you should go ahead and create anti blobbing group, and ask your blob to support your idea. It’s quite sad to see you fighting so hard for your idea all alone in these threads. ;[

Attachments:

I am in charge of gas tanks. Tink Tink.

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

As a former commander of a T5 server before I transferred in February, this is very true. We were a very dedicated PvE server, and most Zerglings were zerkers. Once my guild and I joined JQ, the synergy that more team based builds allow was obvious.

I beg to differ slightly and agree slightly.

So lets look at the blob. One thing that T1 and T2 DOES have over the lower tiers is the amount of truly dedicated WvWers. These are people that make their builds FOR WvW primarily. I would say probably 75% of the people in WvW are like this compared to the 40% for your average server.

However… that 40%? Yeah those guys KNOW how to do things. They synergize and use reset combo fields and offensive bombing techniques (no not just Portal bombing which usually ends up a suicide rush unless that 20 person bomb outnumbers the enemy already)

The problem is because it is far easily to win with more numbers… that 40% form the lower tiers… they just move to the higher tiers because there are more rewards for their time. As the 40% leave and drop to 20%, the PvEr zergers leave cause they cannot match the enemy servers.

The idea that we want from the lower tiers is NOT a 100% balanced match… that is impossible with human nature wanting the easier fight for most people. It is that we want a CHANCE at that equal fight.

having enough dedicated people to not even queue a single borderland… and we are ALL there against a server that can queue all 3 borderlands… that is what we DO NOT want. And if you are on the server that can queue all those borderlands and you DO want this match up… then you are the cowards that Ricky is always talking about.

My question to Vendetta. T5 still has plenty of fights… and still queues plenty of maps… so why did you leave for JQ? If you knew what you were doing and were good at it… why couldnt YOU rally the server? You moved for the same reason others do.

You get more chances at kills when faced with another t1 server, you have more allies so you cannot be steamrolled. Basicly.. you moved to have an EASIER match up.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

(edited by Ostra.3927)

in WvW

Ricky.4706

well said, thank you!

in WvW

Ricky.4706

the hardest part to accept, is that the vocal majority in those t1 and t2 servers are ….cowards……wvw is being modeled around cowards that need buffs and blobs.

anet, do the right thing!

in WvW

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

the hardest part to accept, is that the vocal majority in those t1 and t2 servers are ….cowards……wvw is being modeled around cowards that need buffs and blobs.

anet, do the right thing!

All I hear is moaning about how your server is not good enough. If it really does make you feel better, continue to believe the dedicated WvW guilds and their members in T1 are ‘cowards’ or ‘baddies’. People like you are the reason why guilds transfer of servers to go to one that has better coverage/better community.

Dont blame people for being people, blame ANET from screwing this up, the recent stacking is mainly because of the leagues. Your ‘solution’ solves nothing, a better solution would be to merge the lower pop servers.

Minion

in WvW

Posted by: Sir Tripsalot.1803

Sir Tripsalot.1803

eats popcorn
Continue…

Sorrow’s Furnace [SF] [mfya]
Mr Pocket Rocket~Charr~Guardian~Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

jk server doesn’t want to do anything to help wvw guilds

take DH as an example, they have population to fight high tier servers but nobody there even want to bother, it is what you would call pve server; why would wvw players would even want to be there? server loyality? when server itself ditches you? no, ty

if guilds don’t xfer off then single players will just xfer off to better non full servers

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in WvW

Ricky.4706

lots of wonderful stories here -

cap wvw maps at 60 – 12 hour matches

Thanks!