Robotics Manual Section 1:

EBG:

Positions Regulated:

-Tag (1)
-Blob (~)
-Scout (5)
-Accountant (1)

Preparation:

1. Take control of your corner (4 towers + 1 keep)

2. Insert emergency waypoints on the keep and towers

3. Have all robots on the map join under 1 tag, to create a single blob (offense).

4. Five of these robots are chosen to operate as scouts (defense)

5. One robot is chosen to act as Accountant (economy).

Operation:

-All robots regardless of role operate on a 20 minute shift. Any robot not prepared/able to operate on such a basis is sent to The borderlands. Exception: a 5 minute break on all blob activities will be applied when the tag is replaced.

Offense:

-Blob controlled by the tag, everyone stacks on tag and stacks aoe attacks on the tag’s location. The Blob moves in the most direct fashion possible across the map (straight lines) capping everything along the way. If the blob is too small then it redirects its route and heads in a different direction. The blob exists as a single entity, it lives and dies as one.

Defense:

-Controlled by the scouts, and supplemented by the blob when needed.

Economy:

Regulated by the accountant, to allow sustainable play and upkeep, to conduct all operations at peak performance.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Positions:

Tag:

-Tag’s responsibilities include: leading the blob, placing all siege, placing all food/utility/banner buffs at the start of each shift, electing a replacement before they shut down. They are also responsible for communicating all information visually to the extent that even deaf robots know exactly what the intent is. An ‘Aid’ may be elected by the tag to fulfill this or any of their other duties on their behalf should it ever be needed. Special Usage: Attack symbol using map symbol, coloured circles 1-8 to indicate siege placement and attack points. Basic example: Blob wants to set out to hit SMC from their keep>place attack symbol at smc on intended point of initial attack> upon arrival place coloured symbol (1-8) to indicate you will be dropping siege there and robots should prep for speed build > usage of broadcast messages to remind blob members of their duties.
The tag is given the ‘cache’ (all siege/food/utility/banner buff) at the start of their command. They pass this ‘cache’ over to the accountant at the end of their session.

Blob:

Blob members are responsible for stacking on tag, fighting on tag, resurrecting parts of the blob, building siege with supply, and following orders from the tag when given.

Blob members are required to pay a lump sum of 30 silver/20-min-shift to the designated accountant when they are finished their last shift. Ex) a blob member completing 3 shifts must pay 90s to the accountant upon removal from the blob.

Scouts:

Station 1 scout at each outermost tower. 1 scout is kept on standby to look after the keep and other 2 towers. Remaining 2 scouts are sent out to stalk each bl’s blob (should they have one). At the end of their shift they may continue another shift or notify the blob they need replacing, at which point the blob elects a new robot to take their place. Scouts get paid 2 gold per shift by the accountant. Scouts place defensive siege, traps, pull waypoint, and communicate information about enemy movements to the tag.

Scouts are provided with a ‘defensive cache’ (siege) from the accountant. These are to be given to the replacement once the scout resigns. When refills are necessary, the accountant is to be contacted by the scout.
Scouts are required to have 5 active siege disablers/supply removers on them at the start of each shift.

The accountant:

-Payed from the excess of each blob operation. Payment is a minimum of 1gold and maximum of 5 gold per shift. More work = more robots = more payment.

-They collect money from blob members.
-They pay the scouts at the end of each 20mins
-They buy siege/food/utility to manage the cache
-Accountant receives the cache from each expired commander and refills it with newly collected good and sends it to the newly designated commander.
-Accountant is charged with electing a new accountant at the end of their session and passing all excess funds to their replacement.
-Accountants are given authority to increase or decrease the blob fee per shift (to a maximum of 40s/shift and minimum of 0s/shift), based on too many or too few funds being available.

Accountants are allowed free reign to be anywhere on the map, so long as they finish their duties. Given the duties are extensive, most accountants should not expect to be engaging incombat during their shift.

DISCLAIMER: NO QUAGGONS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF ROBOTICS MANUAL SECTION 1.
NOT INTENDED FOR HUMAN USAGE
IF HUMAN USAGE OCCURS, CONTACT SNUFFLES.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

How to win each week in WvsW- Robot Manual

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Very well written & true…imho

Might ADD – Spy/Saboteur Robots – F2P – Free To Play

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Outdated manual.

Squads have scout rewards built in now.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

The RP is real!

Meet me at Goldshire Inn for some more….

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

It is a shame it has come to blob V blob. It is takes zero skill to blob a tower, keep or another blob.

in WvW

Posted by: gitflap.9031

gitflap.9031

I think it’s done. Return to Alpine hasn’t produced any lasting (2 weeks ffs) change in how the mode plays out. Gandara, my server, now blobs like Abbadon at it’s blobbiest. And TS is generaly full of macho bullkittenters who like to say ‘kitten ’ so often it sounds like wishful thinking. Oh kitten , I can’t use the word for forced, Illegal sexual penetration on this forum. What a kittening world we now live in.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Very well written & true…imho

Might ADD – Spy/Saboteur Robots – F2P – Free To Play

Ty for your kind words.

Also, see SECTION II….it would potentially cover such things. ALthough personally I wouldn’t include such things in a Robotics manual…it would be for the HUMAN MANUAL. Backstabbing and all that is too crude when using a robot army. Actually a HUMAN MANAUL SECTION I is a rather interesting point of comparison, it might be worth sinking 30 mins into writing one up for fun. It would very much mimick what you see presently in the bl, only it would seek to condemn any of them ineffective practices you also see through…. more ‘primal’ methods (flaming, trolling, condemnation, humiliation, exclusion etc.). A dedicated “Trolling” position would probably be added to the mix…..ya it sounds pretty amusing. lol

Outdated manual.

Squads have scout rewards built in now.

Well the scouts are important players only trumped by the tag and accountant. You want them to be skilled, you want them to be motivated, you want them to be active. It still makes sense ‘to me’ that you would offer extra incentive so the skill pool is higher (from the volunteers) and the better robots can be chosen for the job. It’s a case of choosing 5 robots from the blob robots to be the scouts. You want the best of the blob each shift to secure ur holdings. Those 5 robots are the defense afterall. Let’s say you have a potential 80 robots (or whatever the map cap per side might be) to manage, only a potential 6 (always the 5 scouts + mbe the accountant) are NOT on offense. The scouts are nominated from within the blob, the blob will choose the best of its ‘willing’ candidates.

MOTIVATED SELF-SUSTAINABILITY FTW

Alternatively you could argue that rotating roles will keep the scouts more fresh, active, and alert (fresh blood, new gameplay etc). But the quality of the robots….is pretty ‘diverse’ to the point where I wouldn’t trust most of them doing anything other than chasing a taco pressing 1.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

How to win each week?

Very simple. Just transfer to or create an account on the No. 1 server or the server linked to the top server.

Why?

Because being No. 1 is an advertisement for others to come. WvW is a population coverage game and the server with most players participating wins.

Once in the top server you can do whatever, following a tag or roaming, joining a zerg or a guild, you will win.

The death of an opponent does not occur on battlegrounds where one just re-spawns. Opponents weakened by players not playing, either sitting out or transferring away. And a winning server grows stronger everyday as its partner’s population increases when new players joining it.

This is not a promotion for stacking. They are historical facts.

The current top servers understand this and they actively recruited in the past.

Anet understands this as well. So expect Top servers be linked to other servers for it is an efficiently way of increase their partner servers’ population, generating transfer and new account creation.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

If I got paid for all the scouting I’ve done in my time in WvW I’d have another legendary by now.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

how to win summarized in six words:

Transfer to linked partner of BG.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB