How well are your wvw builds crafted?

in WvW

Posted by: Zadarh.1932

Zadarh.1932

In this episode of WvW Pro Tips Zadarh applies General Sun Tzu’s teachings to Gw2 Build Crafting and crafts a build from scratch!

http://youtu.be/uj-tJJ5hGas

~Gw2 Machinima, WvW Tips & Much More~
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperJunkShow

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Makea build in spvp for wvw? Fail

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Zadarh.1932

Definitely not a fail. Immediate free access to a healthy amount of runes and sigils. and (this is actually explained in the video) pve/wvw has an overwhelming amount of options, being forced to select only one stat combo shows an understanding of how your build and play style mesh together an can be modified in pve/wvw by subbing out one piece at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninjapotpie.6973

Ninjapotpie.6973

I almost always test my builds out in pvp on the NPCs just to see how it rolls before I break it out in WvW. once I get in to live WvW action I will tweak the build until it suits me. but then again I have never been one to follow the “meta”. I also tend to find a build that works and stay with it. My Engi has ran basically the same build for 2 years. although once apon a time my friend Zadarh did help me out with it abit :]

Zorin Blackbow / Azrok [DS]
Ranger, Eng ,Commander (ret),Smartass
GoM. Please don’t feed the Trolls.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I’ve played every class long enough to know how the skills and utilities are going to work. Now it is just a matter of min maxing stats which is something I can’t get from pvp.

I use build editors and then I try it out. I slowly replace gear until I find the right mix of damage and defense.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Zadarh.1932

I almost always test my builds out in pvp on the NPCs just to see how it rolls before I break it out in WvW. once I get in to live WvW action I will tweak the build until it suits me. but then again I have never been one to follow the “meta”. I also tend to find a build that works and stay with it. My Engi has ran basically the same build for 2 years. although once apon a time my friend Zadarh did help me out with it abit :]

It’s been too long Azok. We will need to get together for some pvp soon (a duel or co-op)! See you in game!

in WvW

Zadarh.1932

I’ve played every class long enough to know how the skills and utilities are going to work. Now it is just a matter of min maxing stats which is something I can’t get from pvp.

I use build editors and then I try it out. I slowly replace gear until I find the right mix of damage and defense.

People that have played all classes def have an advantage! I guess this video wouldn’t help you out personally but if you didn’t have as strong a command of the traits available to all classes this video might have been more useful.

If anything you can always share it with new player guildies.

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

the road to enlightenment has many steps…

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

After a while you don’t really need the editor, it’s main use I found now is for guild builds but in general if you have all the gear + spare sets then you can just slap kitten together from your inventory while on the move depending if you want the 1v1 burst or be a 1vX survivalist ….. Assuming you can render enemies before the name tag shows up.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Zadarh.1932

After a while you don’t really need the editor, it’s main use I found now is for guild builds but in general if you have all the gear + spare sets then you can just slap kitten together from your inventory while on the move depending if you want the 1v1 burst or be a 1vX survivalist ….. Assuming you can render enemies before the name tag shows up.

I try not to swap builds on the fly because I forget to change them back lol BUT I do change weapons depending on the situation (Take out focus when attacking towers for pulls)

in WvW

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

agree. better off just using an online build editor.
the only thing spvp is good for in respects to wvw/pve is to test out what an 80 version of a class you’ve never played before feels like before you take the time to level it to 80.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in WvW

Zadarh.1932

the only thing spvp is good for in respects to wvw/pve is to test out what an 80 version of a class you’ve never played before feels like before you take the time to level it to 80.

Online build editors are not bad BUT it can be difficult to “feel” how something wors sometimes. For example, sigil of air has a % to proc and a cooldown, how much dmg/how often does it proc with my setup? I can test that in pvp and swap for fire and do an alomost side by side comparrison.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I started with the pure zerker spec: all gear zerker and traits like 6/6/0/0/2. After getting tired of exploding when people were looking hard at me in WvW/pvp, I moved my skills and traits a little bit more defensively each time (gear is expensive change so it’s the last you want to change) until I had reached my happy stance.

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Online build editors are not bad BUT it can be difficult to “feel” how something wors sometimes. For example, sigil of air has a % to proc and a cooldown, how much dmg/how often does it proc with my setup? I can test that in pvp and swap for fire and do an alomost side by side comparrison.

Well doing the maths would give you a better idea than gaining a feel was something which is technically random, its a small benefit and most good theory crafters will have more than enough experience in combat.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

None of the build editor sites that I know if is current atm. Most current was last updated in September.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Gw2skills was updated in november, but no blog post was made. The update mostly brought with it new runes, sigils and foods.

I mostly piece together stuff in a build editor, I know by default what will work and what won’t, but fine tuning stats is always nice.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU