How will rankings work after world pairing?

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

So what I’m wondering is what are we gonna do about server rankings after the pairings?
You can’t measure the individual server performance anymore so you can’t really have a ranking anymore.

The question is: do we even need server rankings? Does anyone still care about rankings? Shouldn’t we just do our best whatsoever?

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

The ranking is currently only needed to match servers with fairly equal power/population/coverage. The best scenario we all hope for would mean all servers end up with much closer to each other so they all could fight every other server. In such happy case the ranking becomes pointless and matches could be set up randomly.

Only other need for ranking would be WvW Tournament but I do not see that hapening very soon.

in WvW

Posted by: omica.6548

omica.6548

The ranking is still going to be important. Coverage will not be solved by the pairings as there are only so many SEA, OCX and EU players to go around, most are on the top ranked servers. There is also the question of overall skill at playing WvW, probably not PC but not all players are created equal. The Ranking once settled match the teams with the best coverage and skill against each other. I have been in a WvW tournament where our Team just made the cut to be in the gold tier, 9 weeks of losses and we lost a lot of people who never came back to WvW. That is the effect of round robin matches where everyone is of different skill and coverage levels. People complain about stale matchups, but they complain even more about lopsided matchups. If you reset the scores, but start the matches based on current top level rankings, then in a few months we will settle back in to our ruts ( not necessarily a bad thing). Just my opinion after 3+ years of playing WvW.

GOTL – DragonBrand
Ranger, Thief and Warrior