How will the zerker nerfs affect WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Ik that zerker will still be the best in dungeons, just that dungeons is a bit harder now due to overall damage reduction.

But what about WvW? Will condis be kings now or not much will change?

SPvP condis spam is already the meta so..

in WvW

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Wish I could find one of those videos of someone utilizing a vit/healing build, that have a bunch of people wailing on them, but unable to kill them.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Well I don’t think anyone who runs with the train carries zerkers, other than killshot warrior and thieves.

It’s gonna hit roamers, if anything.

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Zerker’s never reigned supreme in WvW, so I doubt much will change due to Furousity. Organized Zergs will keep their focus on CC, AoE, and not being Rally bate and Roamers will do as they feel.
The new Traits and sigils are more poised to cause a shift than Furousity.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

It’ll change it a bit, people with an eye for min maxing knew to get some soldier’s gear, some knights pieces, and to use ruby items in all upgrade slots.

You could get nearly the same results out of ascended gear choices too. By and large though it probably won’t change much at all.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in WvW

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Well I don’t think anyone who runs with the train carries zerkers, other than killshot warrior and thieves.

It’s gonna hit roamers, if anything.

Usually most organized group wear a mix match of zerker and pvt

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

It’s going to get even tankier.

Burst damage is going down significantly, survivability is staying largely the same. Having Berserker Accessories will be less desirable so many may opt to go full Soldier.

Few Roamers aside from Thieves and the odd Warriors run full Berserker anyway and that won’t change. In fact many of these builds may switch to Condition builds.

In fact Conditions are going to be the big winner. With survivability going up, Conditions will become increasingly important while Condition builds themselves have less burst to fear.

I can already picture zergs stacking Dire gear and Perplexity Runes instead of their standard Bunker stuff. I know Condition cleanses are abundant in zergs but even they have cooldowns.

Either way it’s going to get much cheesier and tanky than it already is.

Anet has decided to discourage active, telegraphed yet avoidable damage in favor of passively applied condition-spam. It’s like they’re pulling a 180 on their own design principles.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

power builds will see ~5% damage reduction, glass builds a bit more

depends mostly on crit investment, which varies widely. condi builds may edge out power builds in roaming. zergs wont change.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Well I’ve seen a few posts worked out that are showing those in full zerker builds are actually taking a 25%-30% damage reduction across the board.

It’s true most people do not run full zerker in WvW, but there are still a chunk of people that do. The fact that a change like this is going through is basically discouraging people from playing a dps focused build.

It’s already hard to justify using full zerker when in fact a player in full PVT gear does more damage (wrap your head around that one). So when every Tom, kitten, and Harry is running either a warrior, guardian, or condition/bunker class; then people will truly see just how bad of a change this is. For PvE I can maybe understand, but for WvW, this change should not go through.

in WvW

Posted by: TheflamingWolf.5861

TheflamingWolf.5861

well full zerkers will stay rallybots and just do less dmg but they need to look into cheesy dire perplexity nonsense. condi gets out of control