I am against the "pve-everywhere" politics

in WvW

Posted by: Stilk.6312

Stilk.6312

Hi there,

Making a post to protest against the overwhelming pve-everywhere current politics of Guild Wars 2. Why, in a WvW gamemode, a gamemode of pvp, Guild Wars 2 is introducing pve mechanics since launch.
I am talking about two big changes – EotM and the future HoT map. Both are so pve oriented or “pvp for fun” oriented that it is disapointing.

Do you play pvp @Arenanet ? Do you know what pvp is about ? Yeah sure fun, but not fun like you understand it apparently. It isn’t fun to wait for a long time for people just push them off cliffs, or fighting under siege.
PvP is mostly about being better in the same conditions without any external condition that can affect your victory – win because you deserve it. Win because you are better. Loose and understand that your opponent is better, and in the future try to improve to win.

But no, it looks like Guild Wars 2 takes PvP essence put it in a mixer with pve, add the spice of casualyness, and pours it in the game.
Of course EotM looks amazing, of course the next WvW map is gonna look amazing as well, BUT THEY ARE NOT SUITED for pvp. They are not in the same spirit of pvp. They are suited for an open world map of pvp – not for a specialized gamemode.

Unite, both players and developers, for a brighter pvp future in wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

It is ok to have guards/npcs. They make wvw more active. The problem is that people can rally from trash mobs and guards. IMO rally should be only from killing players.

About what pve in eotm are you talking about? The only big difference between eotm and regular wvw pve is that Bad land’s side has the turrets. Other than that it is only guards/ keep lords like regular wvw.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

I don’t mind having guards/mercenaries/sentries in WvW. But the new map seems to add a bit too much PvE content in the new Borderland. I hope I am wrong, but that would totally void the purpose of WvW, as it will simply turn it into a new karma-train prone map…

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in WvW

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

@Stilk: WvWvW is a PvE/PvP hybrid game mode, that incorporates both elements to create the unique mode that we call WvWvW. It is not a strictly PvP game mode. If you are looking for a strictly PvP game mode, there is sPvP. If that does not fit your preference on what PvP should be, then there are many, many choices out there that may be better fitted to what you may be looking for.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

in WvW

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Hi there,

Making a post to protest against the overwhelming pve-everywhere current politics of Guild Wars 2. Why, in a WvW gamemode, a gamemode of pvp, Guild Wars 2 is introducing pve mechanics since launch.
I am talking about two big changes – EotM and the future HoT map. Both are so pve oriented or “pvp for fun” oriented that it is disapointing.

Do you play pvp @Arenanet ? Do you know what pvp is about ? Yeah sure fun, but not fun like you understand it apparently. It isn’t fun to wait for a long time for people just push them off cliffs, or fighting under siege.
PvP is mostly about being better in the same conditions without any external condition that can affect your victory – win because you deserve it. Win because you are better. Loose and understand that your opponent is better, and in the future try to improve to win.

But no, it looks like Guild Wars 2 takes PvP essence put it in a mixer with pve, add the spice of casualyness, and pours it in the game.
Of course EotM looks amazing, of course the next WvW map is gonna look amazing as well, BUT THEY ARE NOT SUITED for pvp. They are not in the same spirit of pvp. They are suited for an open world map of pvp – not for a specialized gamemode.

So how angry would be if they listen to you and replace your gears stats wtih limited amulets/rune/sigils sets and removes food buffs?

I doubt they would place the current autobalance feature, but could start kicking player out into the eotm to deal with being outnumbered.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in WvW

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

@Stilk: WvWvW is a PvE/PvP hybrid game mode, that incorporates both elements to create the unique mode that we call WvWvW. It is not a strictly PvP game mode. If you are looking for a strictly PvP game mode, there is sPvP. If that does not fit your preference on what PvP should be, then there are many, many choices out there that may be better fitted to what you may be looking for.

This right here. WvW is all about PvP war on a PvE style map. If your having trouble with the Npc’s then sPvP is more for you.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

easy , if you don’t like it just ignore it, and move on….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

WvW is much more like what would be a "PvP server" in other games. Open World PvE with PvP enabled. And I think that is fine. The alternative, of enabling say PvP in the normal world map, well I sure would love to be able to PvP in Queensdale (to kill a bunch of those people in map-chat!) but it would make almost the entire PvE population rage-quit instantly.

So they made WvW. I don’t mind the "PvE elements", I even like a few of them, and how they have mostly placed some outside of the normal place (wurm, harpy, warg, grub, spirit etc, all placed outside where people usually run and fight).

Ideally however, they would be able to make more variation in maps, and cycle through them, so everyone could find at least 1-2 maps they liked. For example a map that is an abandoned ancient castle ruin, A map with no npc’s outside of spawn, perhaps just a couple of rats in corners, and lots of small and large rooms and halls, with broken walls, to run around and fight in.

I wouldn’t mind a map with more PvE stuff as well, to go to if sick of the other maps, or few people online etc. so you have something to do.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: roxybudgy.8205

roxybudgy.8205

I really don’t get why people who prefer PvP come and whine about WvW when there are several purely-PvP game modes to choose from. It would be like people with a preference for PvE asking to have PvP disables in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I really don’t get why people who prefer PvP come and whine about WvW when there are several purely-PvP game modes to choose from. It would be like people with a preference for PvE asking to have PvP disables in WvW.

WvW is not like PvP in the sense of being the same gamemode. WvW is about having LARGE scale PvP on a large map, its that open world pvp that appeals to people and opens up many oppurtunities to add variety to gameplay. To simply look at wvw as pvp in this sense is a very narrow view. The reason I dont like pvp personally is because its so small and limited. The reason I love WvW is because its so large and open and offers so much more freedom and variety and its really the only pvp/multiplayer Ive only ever enjoyed in a game because I love having that large open world warzone feel to it.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Hi there,

So how angry would be if they listen to you and replace your gears stats wtih limited amulets/rune/sigils sets and removes food buffs?

I doubt they would place the current autobalance feature, but could start kicking player out into the eotm to deal with being outnumbered.

I realy want an spvp style equickment generation for wvw

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

At least we wouldn’t spend all day losing gold on lemongrass if there were no foods in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Stilk.6312

Stilk.6312

Who the heck talked about NPCs ?

in WvW

Posted by: Taiyetos.3260

Taiyetos.3260

Oh, then please define your terms when you are not using standard definitions. PvE generally equates to players fighting NPCs instead of other players. Your definition appears to be any component of WvW that deviates from sPVP.

FA

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Its open pvp so there going to be a lot of pve in it. WvW is no death match and to have no npc doors or walls to def points you would have a game even worst k-trained then it is now.
I am not sure if you understand what WvW / RvR is made for and your trying to fix the game type into more of an Spvp box and that simply not going to work at any level.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

I agree with the OP. I want to fight other players, not walls or doors.

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

That’s what sPvP is for. WvW =/= PvP, sorry.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

friggin pvp is bunker meta builds

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

ain had a similar system, it was called the abyss (I think) it was massive vertical map with PVEVP (Player Vs Environment Vs Player) and had keeps u could siege. it would either be player controlled withs npcs or npc controlled that both factions could capture.

only anet did WvWvW properly. its like WoW alterac valley only much larger scale and never ends.

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

in WvW

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

PvP gear choices suck. Much less ways to customize and fine-tune your builds.
Also only certain specs even work there. Cele engi/ele make most builds useless, and the gameplay is stale and boring. Two years of capture point would make anybody bored, for me only a couple hours a month is enough.

I hope you’re not one of those guys who run around EotM thinking it’s wvw?¨

edit: my post looks much more offensive than i intended it to be. It’s just that i saw another post of yours on a thread, and you were asking what PPT is. I thought if you’re new to wvw you might just have played EotM with a fight-avoiding commander who only wants to karma train, thinking this is how wvw is everywhere and is supposed to be.

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

(edited by Tseikk.9032)

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

PvP gear choices suck. Much less ways to customize and fine-tune your builds.
Also only certain specs even work there. Cele engi/ele make most builds useless, and the gameplay is stale and boring. Two years of capture point would make anybody bored, for me only a couple hours a month is enough.

I hope you’re not one of those guys who run around EotM thinking it’s wvw?¨

edit: my post looks much more offensive than i intended it to be. It’s just that i saw another post of yours on a thread, and you were asking what PPT is. I thought if you’re new to wvw you might just have played EotM with a fight-avoiding commander who only wants to karma train, thinking this is how wvw is everywhere and is supposed to be.

Although I’ve never been to EotM, it’s true, I’m new to WvW. But I still know that the OP is talking purely about WvW, and was frustrated in some way that WvW was not just large-mapped versions of sPvP, and seemed to think that it was meant to be a larger version of sPvP rather than what it it actually is. Which is not true at all. I disagree, WvW in its current state is exactly what it’s supposed to be.

The people I was targeting in my reply seem to want no keeps, no siege, just big open field deathmatches, which is not what WvW is about at all. I didn’t mean to have my short reply to be condescending, though I stand by what I was trying to say. WvW isn’t PvP, its World vs World.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

It’s my understanding WvW was intended to cater to those who like the idea of open-world PvP; a world in which there are PvE elements, but the constant danger of enemy players. What actually happened, of course, is the players reduced the game mode down to its most basic mechanics in order to optimize for the competitive aspect, leaving the PvE part to gather dust on the shelf.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Deathmatch mode doesnt make sense for wvw, although I can see the appeal. The point of wvw is to have open world pvp and fight over objectives to gain ppt. It would be nice I think if they made PPK a permanent feature because it would promote more fights for those of us that prefer fights while still keeping ppt important. PvD is boring as hell and I personally prefer taking defended objectives, upgraded objectives will usually bring more enemies to defend, along with those that might try to sneak in a ninja cap, which means more fights.

The NPC’s I understand because there has to be some kind of token resistance in camps, towers, keeps etc, plus they trigger certain wxp buffs. What I think they should do is remove, limit, or make animals non hostile. It gets annoying when they screw up targeting, get in the way of aoe taking up the aoe cap, rally enemies, take aggro and get you into combat etc.

But yea like I said in my previous post wvw cannot be looked at like a pure pvp gamemode because its not. It is a open world PvP map that revolves around capturing objectives and fighting enemies, but the sheer size of the map means there has to be some pve elements in it. Even PvP has some npcs and pve elements.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Time to take the champ grub… everyone follow me

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I realy want an spvp style equickment generation for wvw

Imagine the number of people the mode would lose as “all that hard work” gearing up would be invalidated.

Also how or why the ‘ck’ instead of p in ‘equipment’?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.