I broke WvW - A mysterious server bug.

in WvW

Posted by: Mirror.3728

Mirror.3728

First of all, I’m not sure if this belongs here, under account, or bugs.

Matchup : CD/IoJ/Ebay. I belong to CD.
Ebay was hard zerging our keep on ebg while I was on my necro, so I tried to switch to my mesmer. In LA, I first got the “servers are down while matchups are rearranged” thingy (like reset night’s message). The 2nd try, I got in. This is where it gets strange:

We (CD) are red. I was put into the blue zone (IoJ).
I have access to IoJ’s waypoints and portals, in ebg as well as their bl.
I have access to IoJ’s map/team/say chat, and their commander pins.
I do not have access to CD’s waypoints, nor can I portal CD members.
IoJ members are all labeled “Crystal Desert Rank XXX” and friendly. I can see the name of CD players as they are, but hostile.

But it gets stranger: Ebay has been replaced by Sanctum of Rall. Players are labled “Sanctum of Rall Rank XXX”. However, mesmer clones are Ebay XXX. I have not yet encountered a ranger pet, but assume is the same.

Asking a few randoms I met, IoJ members see my Scout ranked mesmer as “IoJ Scout”. Ebay members see me also as “IoJ Scout”. Crystal Desert members see me by my name, though hostile.

To say the least, I’m confused.
Upon switching maps, the game recognized me as Crystal Desert again, and placed me where I should be.
Anyone know what happened?

Attachments:

Certainly-doesn’t-have-a-tag Shards Ilansin, Necromancer.
Contains only light armor.
Collector of boxes and shinies :D

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Oh god, I forgot I got chased by a zerg near CD keep off the bridge into the water then caused swords cause of how many followed me

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

your portal created a time paradox

in WvW

Posted by: tonkatsu.9067

tonkatsu.9067

Hah its just Anet trolling you guys making you think you guys somehow miraculously climbed the ranks and getting to face BG

Tyrrionne – Jade Quarry Thief/Mesmer/Engi

in WvW

Posted by: Razamatazz.9628

Razamatazz.9628

The paradox then caused a tear in the time space continuum. This repair necessitated the creation of an Asuran whozamawhatzitinator machine to repair the tear. Unfortunately the Asura who built the discombobulator valve for the flux capacitor on the whozamawhatzitinator was, well, not very bright. So, you ended up in the predicament you had. Luckily a simple map change fixed the problem, which was to be expected, well that or a black hole, but we’re still here, so, all went according to plan.

Morale of the story? Drugs are bad.

Lydeah – 80 Mesmer
Lorynne – 80 Guardian
[PB] – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Yerffejy.6538

Yerffejy.6538

Can’t quite comment on the how really. I have had something similar happen to me though. And 2 other friends.

We were playing together, long time ago now, but we were on the same map. Suddenly, we got kicked from the map. And when we loaded in, we were friendly.

Friendly to everyone. We could speak to anyone via /say chat, and could not be attacked. We, however, could not use any of the gate portals, except for our own servers.

We could res anyone who died, without any negative effects to ourselves. We made friends with some enemies, and at one point an enemy server came and ganked them. We promptly just ressed them back up and continued on with ourselves. It was a lot of fun, but the bug was completely random, and very rare. Only heard of this bug happening a few other times.

The server just randomly decided “nope” right as we broke into a tower we had just catapulted down (with just the 3 of us). The wall went down, we were kicked from the map, reloaded, and became friendly to all.

It also ended up changing the servers around, where none of the names matched the actual server that was there.

A weird bug, but super fun all the same. xD

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

I loled when i read this whole thing.

slow clap great job anet. hope you find this thread

in WvW

Posted by: Tukmolytes.3467

Tukmolytes.3467

That means, you need to come join us in IoJ.

Tukmolytes [TRBO]
Isle of Janthir [2012-2017] → Fort Aspenwood [2017-Present]
Power Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

This happened not so long ago, was hoping it would stay so disco!

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

To OP in the EotM beta devs were able to transfer servers instantly by typing in a command (or w/e they use) which put them in the same exact situation as you. I suppose it still exists in the actual game and therefore can happen. You’re not a dev by any chance are you? xD
@sephiroth that occurs when your PC did not load the textures associated with the models. The game replaces the texture with placeholder graphics that appear rather funny. Usually reopening the game or even changing maps can solve it. If not, consider reinstalling / repairing client.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |