I can't play this game anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: funassistant.6589

funassistant.6589

Day 836273563 of the Ranger plague.

Get onto EB.
Enemy server have nice and beeg blobs running around, obviously having fun.
I go to our local Dorito.

Dorito is an upscaled ranger.
I look at the blob. More upscaled rangers.

I start roaming and what do I find? Level 80 rangers with bears.

I lack the range/gap closers to get close to fight said ranger.

Entangling roots seem to be gripping me. I get bugged into stasis.

I say " Ranger mains should get Ebola."

The 3 other people playing non-cancerous proffessions say “Amen.”, “Fook yes!”, “Yup.”

I log onto my guardian. Have nice fight with roaming thief. A large dog howls. I use Shelter. I get immobilized and die after the 12451678175 projectiles hit me in a timespan of 0.000000000069 seconds.

RIP.

I’ve never been so angry/frustrated/dissapointed in this game my entire life. I’ve enjoyed my time. Butt seriously. What the kitten???

Team Africa [TA]
European Overlord

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

“Amen” “Fook yes” “Yup”…
My sentiments exactly,
Except I just picked up ranger for the first time in two years (my first 80) and didn’t feel useless.
This is how anet balance works, go from being a joke to being god moded in a single patch. If you’re really leaving, fare well and good luck, if not wait for the next balance patch and someone else will become Ebola worthy

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

in WvW

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Need to chill out.

Ranger got boosted a little bit, and it’s discussed wholly about it’s pros and cons after patch.
It’s only that, you have to forget about how rangers were in past.
Learn to counter them now and voila.

Oh, and because someone doesn’t have gap closers equipped, doesn’t mean that class has to be overpowered because you’re kited or outplayed.

Considering the story, you were simply ambushed.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

Replace “Ranger” with “Warrior” and “entangling roots” and “bear” with “hammer” and that’s a pretty good approximation of the frustration that I had playing a longbow power Ranger build in WvW before the patch, before it was good. And for the record, I only use a bear pet underwater (polar bear).

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Berk.8561)

in WvW

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

Rapidfire is love.
Rapidfire is life.
I will continue to run power ranger. Every day. I keep wrecking better players than myself. They cannot run. They cannot fight. They will not be saved by ranger nerfs for another 5 months.
Rapidfire is love.
Rapidfire is life.

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

in WvW

Posted by: Stylo.6259

Stylo.6259

Rangers are exactly where they need to be. If you’re getting exploded by a ranger that ranger has no defense and can get downed in 3 hits. Learn to counter a build before refusing to learn and quitting.

You are seeing more rangers because they are finally viable and playable not because they are overpowered.

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

I log onto my guardian. Have nice fight with roaming thief. A large dog howls. I use Shelter. I get immobilized and die after the 12451678175 projectiles hit me in a timespan of 0.000000000069 seconds.

As a Guardian, couldn’t you just pop Wall of Reflection and watch the ranger(s) melt themselves? Seems to work for me.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

As a guard with a decent armor set and skill set, rangers really shouldn’t be a problem for you- just learn to play something other than spam 1 guard and you’ll be fine.

At last you actually have to learn to play against rangers – previously on my guard I just ignored them until they got bored and left, now I have to actually use a couple skills.

I can counter them just fine on my support staff ele.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Just about every Ranger out there right now is full glass because 5 out of 10 times they’ll get a kill by popping QZ and Rapid Fire. One dodge will negate at least 80% of their Rapid Fire, a second dodge the entire channel. Get close to to them and they have no idea what “weapon swap” is and will just try to Point Blank Shot you hoping to kill time before they can use Rapid Fire again.

Of course there are some good Rangers out there but the vast majority have flocked to my main and favorite profession because it no longer requires you to be better than your opponents to win.

tldr; One – two dodges = entire Rapid Fire channel misses you, get in their face, they panic, you win. It won’t work 100% of the time but since most Rangers are just Rangers because they can get easy kills they should be stupid enough not to use Signet Of Stone, to block with a greatsword or to use Signet Of The Wild for stability.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: sendaf.8375

sendaf.8375

I cant wait till you face a sword dagger ranger who knows what hes doing… then you’l really quit!

in WvW

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Can I have all your stuff?

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in WvW

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Get onto Borderlands
Enemy capping north camp
I go to north camp

Enemy is a Guardian and Longbow ranger
I look at the enemy. More lootbags

I start running and what do I get? Longbow ranger knockback. I dodge Rapid Fire.

I teleport next to the ranger. I watch him go full panic mode when his health drops in a few seconds while his Guardian friend waves his staff around and throws symbols around the camp

I say “More Rangers should play full glasscannon longbow”

Later I have annoying fight with roaming thief. A large dagger howls. I fail to use any skill. I get backstabbed and die after 2 hits on me in a timespan of 0.000000000069 seconds.

RIP.

9 Guardians later…

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Zerg fights-wise, pug zergs are even easier to wipe than before, since Rangers still have 0 utility to bring to a zerg comp. Roaming-wise, well, it’s just the next cheese spec. As if PU mesmers and bunker condi nade engis weren’t bad enough

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Maxite.6102

Maxite.6102

I don’t think there is anything more helpless than a glass longbow ranger right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

The change to RF was a bit excessive. Shave it by 10-15% and it’ll be no more threatening than all those rifle warriors we see roaming around. The issue is the class will (still?) be complete and utter kitten in WvW.

It needed some burst. ANet went a little overboard. But why not propose solutions to the problem that go beyond the scope of ‘nerf RF cause too stronk’.

With or without the change, no one wants anything to do with the class at any competetive level because it’s still the same old kitten.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Rangers are exactly where they need to be. If you’re getting exploded by a ranger that ranger has no defense and can get downed in 3 hits.

This.

I’m loving these rapidfire rangers because one dodge negates the entire burst and they don’t handle my answer so well.

in WvW

Posted by: realhunter.7186

realhunter.7186

I played since launch and up to taking a break from the game I couldn’t even engage them in a fight anymore because I felt bad for them it was pretty unfair( not a great player and wvw perspective). I have died a lot more than usual getting caught by long bow in either trying to escape or in a previous engagement and sure it can be frustrating at times but I think about the guys who been playing ranger up till now and the kitten they dealt with.

On a side note as a thief I’m going after rangers more than ever skirting around groups and they die pretty easy still so to be fair if they catch me without me seeing them I might die, if I see them without them seeing me more than likely they die I think that’s pretty fair.

Oh ya the better rangers i fought never used LB I cant say the build as i never played ranger but they were evasive type builds they were very fun to fight against cant understand why i don’t see more of them?

(edited by realhunter.7186)

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I think what would balance LB ranger out is to change that knockback into a daze/stun and increase the cooldown slightly. Other aspects of the ranger is fine. It’s just annoying when you gap close and they can push you back like 600 range or something with no wind up animation

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The only trouble is when there’s two rangers, each 1500 in opposite directions to you. Run toward one the other shoots you in the back. Run to the other, same again. All the while the one you engage pops his immunities/runs/kites. It’s just a bad situation you can find yourself in.

As for LB rangers being useless in big fights… clearly whoever thinks this doesnt realize that the core melee train works because of organization. The same is true for rangers. Group them in 5’s, have someone call out targets, concentrate fire and watch the drops. Then burst the downs from the safety of long range. Downs = rallies, rallies = best utility there is. See Warbanner for convincing.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

power ranger ? hide behind tree.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

having trouble with the longbow ranger epidemic, are those pesky dogs nibbling at you ankles.

well the ranger community is here to help, for all the information you need to fight longbow rangers see

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/How-to-fight-longbow-rangers/first#post4481169

PS can i have your stuff when you quit

in WvW

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

Just leave, like the thousands before you.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Replace “Ranger” with “Warrior” and “entangling roots” and “bear” with “hammer” and that’s a pretty good approximation of the frustration that I had playing a longbow power Ranger build in WvW before the patch, before it was good. And for the record, I only use a bear pet underwater (polar bear).

Exactly this. After 2 years rangers are being some kind of threat now, rather then a walking lootbag. Guess OP needs to find ways to counter glass bow rangers.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Yeah…sucks when your meta profession is not so meta anymore. Guardian, huh? I bet Warriors don’t like our sharp pointy arrows too.

Rangers finally have a role in WvW….deal with it.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

This current lb zerker ranger allows bad player to contribute to much esp if they have a slight numbers advantage.

At this point its easier dealing with multiple bad zerker thief’s than it is bad ranger.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Omega Mccoy.4237

Omega Mccoy.4237

Retaliation… drops the rangers in 1.5 seconds.
Wall of Reflection, Sanctuary

in WvW

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

Rangers are not god mode, close the gap and it’s GG

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

in WvW

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Rangers are not god mode, close the gap and it’s GG

Far from god mode but they easy mode.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

So a class you didn’t have to think about countering before you now have to consider while creating a build or learn to close distance with and therefore they are OP? As said above close the distance. Odds are if they are stacked full range damage then they are probably not spec’d for in close fighting. Or are you running a glass cannon yourself?

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Oh ya the better rangers i fought never used LB I cant say the build as i never played ranger but they were evasive type builds they were very fun to fight against cant understand why i don’t see more of them?

I’ve been playing Ranger for over a year and I’m full melee, sword/torch axe/dagger. The reason you don’t see many Ranger’s using this style of play is because it has a high skill cap. It takes a lot of practice to learn evasion times and how to keep up pressure with weapon utility. Most people are too lazy to try it or hate the sword AA so they stick with Longbow and pew pew, especially now because it actually kills people. But yeah, I agree, I don’t understand why people don’t want to make the effort to learn melee Ranger, it’s incredibly fun and I haven’t looked back since I started. I may not have the ranged burst advantage that other Ranger’s do but I have a ton of evades and mobility and a zerg can’t pin me down because of it.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: LionZero.3479

LionZero.3479

Pew pew ranger is annoying for some i guess but still pretty much obsolete in the scale of zerging where 20+ gaurds in a group of 50 would sneeze over a group of 50 with 20+ pew pew rangers ^^

in WvW

Berk.8561

At this point its easier dealing with multiple bad zerker thief’s than it is bad ranger.

So what, exactly, makes them “bad” if they are effective at killing you?

And before you tell me that they all use the same attacks over and over again, the vast majority of hammer warriors I’m attacked by all seem to use the same attack routine every time, too.

in WvW

Berk.8561

Far from god mode but they easy mode.

Try dodging or reflection or, heck, even kiting around and obstruction. Players that run in a straight line are an easy kill. Players that know how to move sideways and dodge, not so easy. It also helps if you are class that spews minions and clones. Stop being a predictable and easy to kill opponent.