I'd love to display my rank outside of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ann Jay.2950

Ann Jay.2950

Honestly it’s just a matter of wanting to be as cool as the PvE and PvP kids. I play WvW rather exclusively, and while other’s are hopping around LA with their diamond and legendary ranks for PvP, and others are sporting their mastery level 5000000 in PvE, I’m lookin’ like a total newb with my PvP emerald, PvE mastery level 54 character. But I’ve spent days on end in WvW. My rank may not be the most impressive, but it took a lot of work to get it. It would be so cool to get a title to display in normal game play. As of now, the only way for others to see your WvW rank, is if they are on an opposing server in WvW. That’s great and all, but It’d be fun to have some bragging rights. Amirite?

Edited, good catch Balthazzarr.

| Areianna Firebloom ~ YB | & |Reylah Wrynn ~ SBI |

(edited by Ann Jay.2950)

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Me too, but the odds of it happening are not good IMO.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Lvl 54? What is your rank?

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I’m pretty sure he meant the mastery level, as it’s what we display on PvE now.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

It would be an ok feature but I think most people would like them to fix other things before giving us perhaps a badge for WvW rank. Think perhaps Overwatch style portraits with the color of your rank.

collector of liquid aurillium

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

We should be able to chose our WvW or PvP rank title as a title below our name (like all other titles). Problem solved.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I agree.

Although WvW rank isn’t exactly a test of skill, neither is PvE mastery level. I know plenty of players who are proud of their rank because for a lot of us, it shows that we’ve stuck it out for the worst of WvW’s history. We’re the veterans of the Mist War and I think something small like a title (Silver Mist Walker, Platinum Mistwalker, etc.) or a badge next to our names shouldn’t be out of the question.

Rank means very little but every time I climb another 1,000 I get pretty giddy. Just hit 7,000 yesterday and being able to show that off some how would be nice.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Hmm I dont know if theyd allow that. People complained about the previous thing they had like that "PvP Ranks’ and now it cant be show in wvw at ALL. Saying it causes screen clutter. And rather than have an option to simply not see them but still be able to display them for people that cared. They simply turned it off in WvW entirely.

I don’t really…see that it would actually be fair to the pvpers who lost the ability to show off THEIR achievments/progress in wvw if you could do the same in PvE and TPvP.

A Menu that would let you turn on or off other players ranks/mastery level/ and wvw rank(or titles) in ALL game modes I feel would be ideal here. It would let players see whatever they want while those that want to avoid screen clutter can turn it off.

Ghost Yak

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

Honestly it’s just a matter of wanting to be as cool as the PvE and PvP kids. I play WvW rather exclusively, and while other’s are hopping around LA with their diamond and legendary ranks for PvP, and others are sporting their level 5000000 in PvE, I’m lookin’ like a total newb with my PvP emerald, PvE level 54 character. But I’ve spent days on end in WvW. My rank may not be the most impressive, but it took a lot of work to get it. It would be so cool to get a title to display in normal game play. As of now, the only way for others to see your WvW rank, is if they are on an opposing server in WvW. That’s great and all, but It’d be fun to have some bragging rights. Amirite?

I think you are right

in WvW

Ann Jay.2950

I’m pretty sure he meant the mastery level, as it’s what we display on PvE now.

Thanks Jeknar. That is what I meant. Honestly I forgot what it was called. I wouldn’t have any mastery level if it weren’t for the hours grinding AB for 3 sets of durability runes when they came out. That PvE stuff is confusing.

(edited by Ann Jay.2950)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Good idea, I expect it to get filed under, “Recycling”.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: kroter.1326

kroter.1326

No. The less clutter the better. This game is already puking rainbows, and I have no need for some new extra shiny badge or number above my head. If you want to show off – use WvW titles, they are rather grindy and not many people have them.

in WvW

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

No reason to think it has to add clutter. I can think of a couple ways for Anet to do it without introducing clutter. One is to add “WvW Rank” to the Titles drop down menu, and it could list your rank under your name as your title. No more cluttery than any other title.

Another option could be to give your character portrait a border like the NPC borders. Vanilla ranks get no border, bronze ranks get a Veteran border, silver get an Elite border, gold get Champion, platinum could get some fancier version of the silver border, maybe mithril could get a gray, simplified version of the legendary border, and diamond could get a diamond-y version of it. It would require someone to click on you to see your rank, but it would still be a way to show it outside of wvw.

in WvW

Ann Jay.2950

No. The less clutter the better. This game is already puking rainbows, and I have no need for some new extra shiny badge or number above my head. If you want to show off – use WvW titles, they are rather grindy and not many people have them.

I don’t want clutter. All I was hoping for was a title. I have some of the WvW titles and they’re okay. (70 yaks away from yakslapper, why are there always 5 people walking them??) I even have the old “Mist Runner” title. But a title like “(Bronze/Silver/Gold/etc.) Mist Hero” would be pretty cool. Like you said, the game is already puking rainbows, why not puke some our way? :P

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

No reason to think it has to add clutter. I can think of a couple ways for Anet to do it without introducing clutter. One is to add “WvW Rank” to the Titles drop down menu, and it could list your rank under your name as your title. No more cluttery than any other title.

Another option could be to give your character portrait a border like the NPC borders. Vanilla ranks get no border, bronze ranks get a Veteran border, silver get an Elite border, gold get Champion, platinum could get some fancier version of the silver border, maybe mithril could get a gray, simplified version of the legendary border, and diamond could get a diamond-y version of it. It would require someone to click on you to see your rank, but it would still be a way to show it outside of wvw.

I like both of these ideas a lot.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Remember the rage about the spvp badge being disabled in WvW? Anyway an indication of my 2849 ranks would be nice, but honestly i dont give a kitten. Nor do i give a kitten about your our anyones ranks.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

but honestly i dont give a kitten. Nor do i give a kitten about your our anyones ranks.

I thought so too, but I got in a kind of a fight yesterday when some rank 44 tried to tell me what to do and I’m honestly sick of it. I still won’t push noobs from siege if we’ve got enough time – or does it really matter to me but I don’t want to have these discussions anymore. It was fun when coming to a new server – after a while most of them understood that I know what I’m doing, but we’re a bunch of strangers every other month.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

WvW Rank = The amount of time you have walked behind a blue dorito and auto-attacked the NPCs on EotM.

Why would you want to show that?

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Well, mastery level should be shown in PvE only, league ranks only in the PvP lobby and WvW could have its own thing in WvW maps.

I would like to have as little visual clutter (on the screen) as possible, so if you asked me, I would get rid of both mastery rank & the PvP gem, too.

The idea to having a “rank” type indication on closer inspection (e.g. if you inspect the character’s picture when actually targeting him/her) is something that would be OK.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in WvW

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

Would be good if you could display your WvW Rank it as your title. In PvP you get a new title every 10 ranks. Would be a long list of titles to choose from for high level WvW players, maybe if once you reach one rank it deletes the previous on, for example if you get to Silver General it deletes Bronze General?

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

@Sinmir I think if titles were given out it would make more sense to give them out every time your prefix changes (ie bronze to silver to gold to plaitnum to mithril to diamond)

in WvW

Jana.6831

Just take my number like when in a party in wvw and things would be fine. even if it’s 1k, 2k…

in WvW

Posted by: LazyDad.2037

LazyDad.2037

Ehhh WvW ranks don’t mean anything. I am Gold Invader (not uber I know) but that is just from EOTM zerging. If I spent more time, be higher.

I know there is zero pride in the WvW ranks as it tells you nothing about the quality of the player. Heck not even the time they spent since you can be a great wvw player but not being doing stuff to move the wvw xp bar. And that is all the ranks are.. xp. which a bunch comes from PvE in WvW

in WvW

Jana.6831

I know there is zero pride in the WvW ranks as it tells you nothing about the quality of the player. Heck not even the time they spent since you can be a great wvw player but not being doing stuff to move the wvw xp bar. And that is all the ranks are.. xp. which a bunch comes from PvE in WvW

Yes, sadly since they brought EotM into the game with the same rewards like wvw – before that ranks actually did mean something, just like in pvp.
And btw: the ranks come from wxp and there’s no xp gain in wvw anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Why would you want to show this ? WvW rank means pretty much nothing, it´s only an indicator for how much time you spent there. You could be the worst PvP player with the highest WvW rank, it is simply irrelevant for the size of your kitten.

in WvW

Jana.6831

Why would you want to show this ? WvW rank means pretty much nothing, it´s only an indicator for how much time you spent there. You could be the worst PvP player with the highest WvW rank, it is simply irrelevant for the size of your kitten.

or you can be the worst player with any high rank – as everything in this game is cheese.
anyway, I said why I want it and I actually want it displayed in wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

I believe that EoTM doesn’t count toward WvW ranks anymore.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Rotteny.8743

Rotteny.8743

It still do. It award wxp just like WvW… It just don’t give exp anymore nor the extra loot chest from when you flip a objective.

Diana Strongarm / Blighter Hellena / Jasmine Fatima / Elizabeth Crowel
WvW Rank 337 (Bronze Soldier) – PvP Rank 33 (Wolf) – 3,2k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Borlis Pass (Also known as Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

or you can be the worst player with any high rank – as everything in this game is cheese. anyway, I said why I want it and I actually want it displayed in wvw.

So you pretty much acknowledge that rank means nothing in the game and still you want show that to everybody ? Sorry mate but that´s the most pitiful reason i´ve ever heard, but good luck with your feature request

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

No. The less clutter the better.

Perhaps it can be displayed instead of my non-existant pvp rank?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Jana.6831

or you can be the worst player with any high rank – as everything in this game is cheese. anyway, I said why I want it and I actually want it displayed in wvw.

So you pretty much acknowledge that rank means nothing in the game and still you want show that to everybody ? Sorry mate but that´s the most pitiful reason i´ve ever heard, but good luck with your feature request

Yes, because I’m sick of noobs assuming that I’m even more noob than them, like I already wrote – only purpose.

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

It does but a while back they nerfed eotm to give both less wxp and reward tracks than real wvw. 20% i think not sure.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Kind of moot; EOTM is a place where people can easily just rank farm/k-train endlessly. Someone who spent years dedicated to WvW probably has a lower rank than someone who spends a few months farming karma time in Edge…. pretty sad. I think Edge got hit anyway with a nerf to XP in general.

There are other alternatives to display your time spent in WvW, and proper WvW at that – the WvW titles like Yakslapper or Immovable Object are nice ones. That’s 3000 objectives defended and a couple thousand yaks killed to hinder enemy supplies so I kind of respect those ones more.

in WvW

Jana.6831

I actually have “the blazing light” which is still the title that needed the most personal skill (with some exceptions) – problem is: noobs don’t know that. They also don’t know that I’ve done twice to fourth as much as required for all titles (except ultimate dominator as I’m a roamer).
I know ranks aren’t worth anything anymore thanks to EotM – I’m just sick of noobs assuming that I’m more noob than them and that would shut them up.

ETA: We could also get rid of the world linking that would solve my problem as well.

(edited by Jana.6831)