I don't like ANet's silence about..

in WvW

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

..Hero points and the dedicated WvW community.

A lot of WvWers have voiced their loathing for hunting down hero points in PvE just to be able to use the elite specs in wvw, yet ANet has not disclosed any information about how many points it will require if at all, and whether there will be solutions solely through wvw or not, despite being asked numerous times about this subject.

ANet, if you’re gonna shaft us the wvw players, at least have the courtesy to tell us long enough before HOT launch so we can prepare, considering the fact that this week’s matchup isn’t going to matter anyway for EU so we have a free week, or at the very least give us some words of comfort/caution that we can build an opinion upon.

PvP and PvE forums get lots of attention and questions answered, can you just answer the WvW forum’s age old burning question for once?

(edited by RapidSausage.4620)

in WvW

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Don’t you get it guy? The entire point of the PvE map is so you can obtain advantages when you WvW. Ascended gear = better WvW performance, need to craft or PvE for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

They posted already and its a weekend you realy do not see them post during that time.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

If you’ve done enough WvW to warrant an insta-built character, you should have thousands of skill points.

in WvW

RapidSausage.4620

Don’t you get it guy? The entire point of the PvE map is so you can obtain advantages when you WvW. Ascended gear = better WvW performance, need to craft or PvE for it.

I’m talking about Hero points here not ascended gear….

They posted already and its a weekend you realy do not see them post during that time.

Posted what and where??

If you’ve done enough WvW to warrant an insta-built character, you should have thousands of skill points.

You’re not up to date with the skill point system, read up on Hero Points.

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Posted what and where??

I have hundreds of hero points.
If you’ve spent yours, or haven’t earned them.. It’s on you

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

lol WvW is one area the devs want to stay away from.

It’s hilarious that a developer has a game where they do very little to support a gamemode, punish players for raising concerns, and then expect everyone to still be happy towards them.

So as we’ve said before, it doesnt matter is a red post is good news, or bad news; we have a huge list of other criticisms for them first!

So dont expect much in these forums, you’ll get more “information” on the blogs, whenever they are ready, if they ever exist.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

It’s all part of their evil master plan.
When WvW players have to grind PvE they have data to say that there is no WvW only player!

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Posted what and where??

I have hundreds of hero points.
If you’ve spent yours, or haven’t earned them.. It’s on you

As he said, you need to read up on what are Hero points.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

We already know we need the pve map to grind Hero points. Just question is just how many do we need since many of us would like to prepare in advance of launch.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Give me a break. My oldest character with full world completion has 200 HP. There are only a little over 200 HP total achievable. Characters that I build purely to WvW with over the last 9 months have 10% or less total map completion, and have 30-50 banked HP each. Based on datamined numbers over on the HoT forum they are talking about 170 HP needed to get your elite spec up and running.

Simply not enough time in the day for me to unlock the 5 elite specs I want to play in WvW. Would take about 3 weeks game time to do so, and that means 3 weeks of PvE, not 3 weeks of WvW.

in WvW

RapidSausage.4620

Give me a break. My oldest character with full world completion has 200 HP. There are only a little over 200 HP total achievable. Characters that I build purely to WvW with over the last 9 months have 10% or less total map completion, and have 30-50 banked HP each. Based on datamined numbers over on the HoT forum they are talking about 170 HP needed to get your elite spec up and running.

Simply not enough time in the day for me to unlock the 5 elite specs I want to play in WvW. Would take about 3 weeks game time to do so, and that means 3 weeks of PvE, not 3 weeks of WvW.

basically this….

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Let me get this straight..
You thought you’d have instant access to every bit of the new content.. On launch day?

I don’t pve either

Attachments:

in WvW

RapidSausage.4620

Let me get this straight..
You thought you’d have instant access to every bit of the new content.. On launch day?

I don’t pve either

no, this is not what i or he think.
What we’re saying is we want to know HOW MANY hero points we need to fully unlock an elite spec and whether or not there will be an ALTERNATE way through WVW to unlock the elite specs or otherwise earn hero points BEFORE HOT launches so we can PREPARE for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I don’t know why people who play WvW are SO against ANYTHING PvE, I mean I get liking to play against a player controlled target, but me personally, fighting the same servers week after week after week, gets old quick…

I am sure it won’t be over-the-top cost hero-point wise, but it is an elite spec, so I would guess it would be respectably higher than a normal spec unlock, but not so much that people start foaming at the mouth over the cost, lol…

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

LetoII.3782

You get spirit shards from logging in and champ bags.
Same as experience scrolls.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I don’t know why people who play WvW are SO against ANYTHING PvE, I mean I get liking to play against a player controlled target, but me personally, fighting the same servers week after week after week, gets old quick…

I am sure it won’t be over-the-top cost hero-point wise, but it is an elite spec, so I would guess it would be respectably higher than a normal spec unlock, but not so much that people start foaming at the mouth over the cost, lol…

The thing is open world pve, especially non-event related can be pretty boring, especially if you’re trying to collect hero points for multiple characters. I don’t really think it’s just pve, but it’s also sort of bottom of the barrel PvE too. I think some people who just pve also would share the same opinion. It’s not just all pve… I like running around Orr. Just visiting the lower zones for the 20th time, especially when they have dumbed down a lot of the early zones just isn’t fun.

If there’s a abundance of hero points in the new zones or in the new wvw maps, it won’t be a problem. If there’s a way to get hero points on your 4th character without having to do the old content over again, that’s good too.

The only characters I have lots of hero points are my necro and guardian. I don’t play necro that much, and DH….. lol.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

RapidSausage.4620

i am not against anything PVE, i will be playing in Verdant Brink and aiming to do raids as well, but what i’m not aiming for is running around every single map in the core game clicking F on Hero Point challenges 60~170 times PER CHARACTER just to unlock the new elite specs, however that is how ANet has done it as far as we know, which is by definition “a grind”

in WvW

Posted by: meepeY.2867

meepeY.2867

I don’t wanna be “that kitten” but farming Hero points doesn’t take very long. I’m a WvW only player, but farming the 140 HP only took me about 5 hours. Spend an hour a day for the next week and you’ll have enough for the elite spec.

Find out how you can spec for lots of swiftness, dashes or teleports and go crazy. Use this map and you’ll be golden. 5-6 hours, trust me.

https://www.twitch.tv/meepeYPlays
WvW Thief Aurora Glade – Mutli Bulid Streamer – 1PM – 4PM GMT, Mon – Fri
My Daredevil Build: The Defender!

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Can just leave a little content for later too.
I mean, they don’t add classes every month

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

You get spirit shards from logging in and champ bags.
Same as experience scrolls.

Spirit shards are different from hero points. Hero points are only obtained from skill challenges in the open world and leveling up to 80. Spirit shards are the old “skill points” which you can obtain in dailies, champ bags and so on.

So basically each character you want to use in WvW will need hero points to build this elite spec which means some level of PvE mapping.

But yeah hero points really aren’t that bad to get since most skill challenges are just easy “commune here” types. Just bring a lot of mobility stuff and speed/centaur runes.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

Why were the PvE players so against having to do WvW for map completion ? It’s not like it was even difficult.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

We did hero point trains in our guild along with another guild. Only a few very annoying challenges when you have a group ……

We heard it was 145 ish for the elite spec 170 ish if you want the skins….. That came from Reddit and I believe was daramined versus an anet response…. Fwiw if you did 100% and the new zones, you will have 213-214 HPs – should be enough….

In the end, we decided a few nights of pve made more sense than fighting our foes who also seem to be taking time off and hard to find anyway.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: KittyCat.2059

KittyCat.2059

Here’s the data mined hero points estimated amount needed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3iz5oo/data_mining_hero_points_and_specialization_tracks/

Hope this helps

“TL;DR: You need 170 hero points to unlock all traits/skills. 250 to unlock everything. There are 214 hero points available from skill challanges in the game right now.”

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

That is falsely assuming that most of us do absolutely nothing else in the game. Even those of us who are WVW focused do stuff outside of it at least once in a while, including, material conversions, which is where most skill points went into before they got divided into hero points / spirit shards.

If we had detailed knowledge prior to the system change, we would have saved them, but A-net communications fail ….

Hence now its a problem.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

LetoII.3782

It’s only a problem for those wanting their next 3 years progression day one.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

That is falsely assuming that most of us do absolutely nothing else in the game. Even those of us who are WVW focused do stuff outside of it at least once in a while, including, material conversions, which is where most skill points went into before they got divided into hero points / spirit shards.

If we had detailed knowledge prior to the system change, we would have saved them, but A-net communications fail ….

Hence now its a problem.

Spirit Shards and hero points are two different things. You couldn’t have used the extra 214 hero points on anything…. They are just sitting there if you did entire map complete + new zones….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Random.4691

It’s not even about getting it day 1, for some its about being forced into PvE which many find boring to begin with and then having to do the hero points which is probably the most brain numbing part of PvE.

There should be a way to obtain them in all game modes, it’s not giving anyone an advantage it’s simply allowing player to play the game the way they enjoy and advancing that way. I’m sure most of the players that only play WvW spend at least twice as much time in game than any PvE player because the mode enjoy is an ongoing battle that only shuts down briefly once a week to reset.

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Your post made me cringe. Though I think I’m going for 4 elite specs off the bat. In case it takes longer than expected, I’ll unlock the ones I expect to use the most early on. I hope it doesn’t take us that kittening long. But I’ll try to make the best of it, I have cool PVE guildies which will make it more fun at least…

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Tongku.5326

This is a really big issue. For me personally, while not the deciding single factor on HOT purchase, this + a-nets population / nightcapping improvements are.

I crafted a jugg and did map completion 1 time. The thought of having to do even partial map completion again in order to unlock specs sickens me. It is literally nauseating. If it was just killing stuff at various degrees of challenge, I’d be fine with it, but I just can’t stand all the stupid puzzles and jumping puzzles that have to be redone in order to get to the hero points.

I wrack my brain doing and solving engineering puzzles all kitten day at work every single day. Doing more puzzles is not what I look forward to for entertainment and relaxation. I play this game because it has the best combat system within an MMORPG environment and I like to kill kitten with it, not do stupid puzzles, for any reason whatsoever, hero points included.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

and the point about wvw is just to wvw……

anet need to balance the need for pve and wvw and pvp.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

LetoII.3782

It’s not even about getting it day 1, for some its about being forced into PvE which many find boring to begin with and then having to do the hero points which is probably the most brain numbing part of PvE.

There should be a way to obtain them in all game modes, it’s not giving anyone an advantage it’s simply allowing player to play the game the way they enjoy and advancing that way. I’m sure most of the players that only play WvW spend at least twice as much time in game than any PvE player because the mode enjoy is an ongoing battle that only shuts down briefly once a week to reset.

You’re going to be doing PvE in this expansion.
No Pve, no guild hall. No guild hall, no arena.

If you try not to, you’d be paying 50 bucks for a trait line.

in WvW

LetoII.3782

This is a really big issue. For me personally, while not the deciding single factor on HOT purchase, this + a-nets population / nightcapping improvements are.

I crafted a jugg and did map completion 1 time. The thought of having to do even partial map completion again in order to unlock specs sickens me. It is literally nauseating. If it was just killing stuff at various degrees of challenge, I’d be fine with it, but I just can’t stand all the stupid puzzles and jumping puzzles that have to be redone in order to get to the hero points.

I wrack my brain doing and solving engineering puzzles all kitten day at work every single day. Doing more puzzles is not what I look forward to for entertainment and relaxation. I play this game because it has the best combat system within an MMORPG environment and I like to kill kitten with it, not do stupid puzzles, for any reason whatsoever, hero points included.

Does any hero point require a jumping puzzle?
I don’t believe so.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

don’t be lazy……………………………

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Just checked my characters, and I’m happy that I did not buy HoT.. If I really had to play that much PvE to unlock the elite-spec/traits/skills for it, then I rather not have them..

Attachments:

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Tongku.5326

Does any hero point require a jumping puzzle?
I don’t believe so.

They do. Or are located in places that nearly do so and feel like it. Recently I spent about half a day on my engi, went through the newb areas + lvl 20-30 areas + dry top + silverwastes + some misc ones in the other maps like sparkfly fen, mount mealstrom, orr, etc. Already have all the hero points available in WVW. And I basically did all the ones that are easily accessible and you just go kill stuff or drink a thingy.

And it has nothing to do with being lazy, it has everything to do with being nauseated and reminded of the time I did 100% completion for my jugg. It simply disgusts me.

All that after getting my base specs left me at 47 hero points. How much is a new spec going to cost ? 75 (speculation, various sources) ? 175 (outdated and most likely incorrect data mining) ? Somewhere in between ?

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: cillard.3986

cillard.3986

Simply paying for the xpac should provide you access to the new classes instead of forcing you into game modes you care little about or even hate.

in WvW

Jski.6180

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/earning-hero-points-in-world-vs-world/
Sounds like they are making it so by getting these you complete HP events in pve. So there still a set number of HP to get. On-top of being able to get mastery level up.

Need to be said they rarely post during the weekend you cant demand info on Friday not get it and call them out on it Saturday becuse your effectually talking to no one.

in WvW

Random.4691

You’re going to be doing PvE in this expansion.
No Pve, no guild hall. No guild hall, no arena.

If you try not to, you’d be paying 50 bucks for a trait line.

There is a difference between new content and running from node to node, that and minimizing the amount of PvE would be nice. I plan to do Raids, I plan to assist with the Guild Hall, I do not want to run through ever zone interacting with nodes or killing a mob or two. I wouldn’t imagine that’s exciting even for someone who does enjoy PvE.

in WvW

Tongku.5326

Sounds like they are making it so by getting these you complete HP events in pve. So there still a set number of HP to get. On-top of being able to get mastery level up.

Need to be said they rarely post during the weekend you cant demand info on Friday not get it and call them out on it Saturday becuse your effectually talking to no one.

Just read that, sounds good. A lot of these concerns are due to an overall lack of communication, though that is improving as well. This looks like a viable solution to anyone who does not PVE much, there are even a lot of PVE players concerned about this, such as those who already have done 100% completion and spent their points prior to hero point / spirit shard system conversion and just can’t get anymore, etc.

Hopefully this will work.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Random.4691

It looks to be a bit to expensive but at least they came up with something. Beggers can’t be choosers I suppose.

in WvW

Jski.6180

Just read that, sounds good. A lot of these concerns are due to an overall lack of communication, though that is improving as well. This looks like a viable solution to anyone who does not PVE much, there are even a lot of PVE players concerned about this, such as those who already have done 100% completion and spent their points prior to hero point / spirit shard system conversion and just can’t get anymore, etc.

Hopefully this will work.

A lot of that lack of communication is being asked during know down times for Anet. Your never going to get any thing out of them during the weekend you rarely even see post that do not fit the “ok to post” get removed until Mondays. That and a lot of ppl are very “self important” feeling there there question should be responded to over all others.

in WvW

RapidSausage.4620

Yea that is my fault, though i was not expecting an immediate reply.

As for the solution they’re offering it sounds pretty good, it will at the very least partially split the effort between pve and wvw.

Although it would’ve also been nice if we knew how many points we need to begin with.

in WvW

Posted by: tinymurder.5791

tinymurder.5791

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3iz5oo/data_mining_hero_points_and_specialization_tracks/

Hope this helps

“TL;DR: You need 170 hero points to unlock all traits/skills. 250 to unlock everything. There are 214 hero points available from skill challanges in the game right now.”

Update: The 214 hero points are from skill challenges only. You get 398 hero points from leveling up alone, and you don’t need all of that to unlock everything in the core game. So, it’s easy enough to get the points you need. Most of my 80th level toons(I have have around 160 HP left over, and have <40% map completion. In fact, some of them have <30% map completion, and I only have one toon at 100%. Additionally, you will be able to complete HP in the PVE map, without ever having to actually go to that location or even discover the map. Just keep doing WvW like you want to do and you can get the drops to complete a challenge that you never have to even see.

TLDR: you have more HP available to you than you think, and will be able to complete your elite spec without having to get 100% map completion.

in WvW

RapidSausage.4620

Hope this helps

Update: The 214 hero points are from skill challenges only. You get 398 hero points from leveling up alone, and you don’t need all of that to unlock everything in the core game. So, it’s easy enough to get the points you need. Most of my 80th level toons(I have have around 160 HP left over, and have <40% map completion. In fact, some of them have <30% map completion, and I only have one toon at 100%. Additionally, you will be able to complete HP in the PVE map, without ever having to actually go to that location or even discover the map. Just keep doing WvW like you want to do and you can get the drops to complete a challenge that you never have to even see.

TLDR: you have more HP available to you than you think, and will be able to complete your elite spec without having to get 100% map completion.

it wasn’t about map completion and we had that in mind when we complained, it’s about running around all day just to occasionally click F or spam auto attack.

I takes a full 1 hour of running around the map to collect 10~15 hero points, imagine doing this for 250 hero points for 8 characters by a player who has no interest in pve but is forced to do it to stay competitive in WvW.

The upcoming WvW solutions will help, but honestly it will still take far longer to get a hero point in wvw than to just go to pve and collect it.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I takes a full 1 hour of running around the map to collect 10~15 hero points, imagine doing this for 250 hero points for 8 characters by a player who has no interest in pve but is forced to do it to stay competitive in WvW.

The upcoming WvW solutions will help, but honestly it will still take far longer to get a hero point in wvw than to just go to pve and collect it.

So after HoT drops to stay competitive we must run these new elites? Don’t think so

Do you really want to unlock as much as you can as soon as possible? Why not pick one that you think you might enjoy and have some fun with it instead of worrying about grinding for hero points.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

… about Dolyaks!

Every day, thousands of these gentle creatures are slaughtered in the name of “gaming.”

Yet NOBODY is doing anything about it!

WON’T ANYONE STAND UP FOR THE DOLYAKS?!

STOP THE SILENCE!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

… about Dolyaks!

Every day, thousands of these gentle creatures are slaughtered in the name of “gaming.”

Yet NOBODY is doing anything about it!

WON’T ANYONE STAND UP FOR THE DOLYAKS?!

STOP THE SILENCE!

Lol, good one. Back in the day before megasevers I remembered a guild MPS, Moa Protection Society.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Random.4691

So after HoT drops to stay competitive we must run these new elites? Don’t think so

Do you really want to unlock as much as you can as soon as possible? Why not pick one that you think you might enjoy and have some fun with it instead of worrying about grinding for hero points.

In some cases for WvW, yes. As for the unlocking everything, I agree, there really isn’t a need to unlock all the classes asap but some people are altaholics and if thats what they want to do then all the power to them.

in WvW

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

My apologies. I’m trying to fix this thread, after a mistaken deletion, and yet the entire thing may have disappeared.

This is a test post to see if I can resurrect the thread with a post.

Edit: Ok, I think we’re good now. It was be not perceived well to silence a post about silence. We return you to your thread, all better now.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)