I don't think you need Ascended

in WvW

Posted by: blackgamma.1809

blackgamma.1809

People keep saying that WvW needs ascended gear to keep up with the meta, but the reality is, theirs so many mechanics in the game and varying builds in the game, that it doesn’t even matter how good the stats are on your gear.
Edit: i should clarify, i mean’t that its super easy to get countered

Pehaps im wrong and im trying to be open to the idea, but you should be fine with exotic. the stat gain from full ascended gear is still small

i still have good success using exotic gear in WvW, with zergs and roaming. and with the full ascended gear i do have i still get 2 shot by theives and zoned by druids.

my main concern is that people think they absolutely need Ascended gear to keep up, and when they finally get it. they get stun bursted by a warrior and then get over WvW

(edited by blackgamma.1809)

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

A lot of my toons are in exotic armors and do just fine. Ascended trinkets are a little more important but easily farmable via LW3 rewards tracks. Trinkets just have way more stats than armor.

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

Exotics are perfectly fine. Most of my characters use exotic. The only reason some of them use full ascended is because some stats are expensive to make, so I may as well make ascended that way I can transfer it between characters when testing out new builds. Cheaper experimentation.

in WvW

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Nothing above exotic is really necessary if you play meta cookie cutter builds.

A lot of people say you need ascended because of they know if your serious about wvw you will experiment with builds and it is cheaper to do so and saves inventory/bank space. Ascended armor set gives 5% more stats than exotic equivalent. In addition to this you can gain an extra 30 stats from infusion slots as well.

What WvW really needs is legendary armor, or an equivalent where players can freely change stats to optimize their builds and change them for different situations. This would free a lot of people from having to carry a zerg set and a roaming set on every character.

I would say 8/10 the barrier for entry in wvw is costly gear. Another 1/10 is the food. The rest being siege, if your not a commander.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in WvW

Posted by: velocity.4621

velocity.4621

i dont remember reading someone says wvw player need ascended armor, but i do remember someone said since pve and pvp have access to ascended armor and backpack, why not also giving it to wvw players…or something like that…

Life will be easier if guardian have 25% passive movement speed.

Raavaholic | [MM] Metro Mini Transformers Founder & Leader | SEA |

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

yah i think people are more interested in why WvW players have access to accessories but not armor and backpack.

in WvW

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

actually, ascended is very important in WvW, depending on what you do. If you run around in a zerg, it means almost nothing. However, if you are dueling, 1v1ing, small havoc squad, roaming etc, it is almost critical.

Yes, you will do ‘okay’ in those situations. But most, if not all the people i run into are running ascended. And even though the stat increase on the armor is minor, it adds up. Especially when you factor in the infusions per piece. If i remember correctly, ascended gives a 5-8% increase in stats on just the armor increase. Then you can increase 16 pieces with +5 infusions (eg. +90 extra power is the usual culprit). And since HoT release alot of the power creep where skills are based on a % of the stats (like power/toughness/etc) people in ascended can potentially hit alot harder than you or take alot more damage than you.

If you run into someone roaming with the same skill level, odds are you will always be at a disadvantage due to stats/armor/infusions without ascended.

Or course if you are in a zerg and just spamming ‘1’ or AoEing everything, the advantage is moot anyway.

in WvW

blackgamma.1809

but even in dueling stats are still a minor part in the large scheme of things, . ascended gear in duels only really comes into play when the duelers are both equal in skill, or when duels go for prolonged periods. the person with ascended gear (amusing that he/she is power based) is only getting and extra 350 ish dmg per auto or attack.

dont get me wrong. that 350 dmg can still add up in an important fight to get that last needed hit in. but based how varied duels can be. Gear in general is just one of many variants on why you can lose

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

It is matter of hardcore or casual. Hardcore players will strive to get the best of everything, inorder to get the best results. If you just casually doing WvW, yes, it doesn’t really matter.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

In reality, it’s never going to be exotic vs ascended, but rather some ascended vs full ascended. Weapons are not too expensive to make.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3xd0ex/ascended_vs_exotic_updated/?st=iygx1bhu&sh=a522b824

Armor is sorta whatever.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

So because exotics is fine we shouldn’t have better access to ascended?

Yeah exotic is fine as the baseline gear, but that’s no excuse as to why it’s not made more readily available instead of random 1 out of 1000’s of loot boxes, nevermind another game mode that doesn’t use it gives away a full set for playing it.

It’s pvp why wouldn’t you want to be wearing the best stuff to fight in? That stats however minuscule makes a difference in smaller fights, obviously not in a zerg where everything is covered by greater number of players.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

If you play a power build you should be running full ascended, well atleast your goal should be.

The base weapon dmg makes it important to be ascended.
Full offensive might infusions = 3 stacks of might worth of power and 18% guard dmg.
As a power build you sack defensive stats so again ascended brings,
47 armor for light
54 armor for medium
60 armor for heavy
The less armor you have the more impactful additional armor is.
As a power build you are improving apon 3 offensive stats not just 1. No, expertise doesn’t count as it scales worse than condition damage in small quantities overall.

So yeah you can play in full exotics and be a little more skillful to negate the gap but if playing a power build you really should be aiming for full ascended.

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

If wvw needs anything, its a way to keep runes and sigils if players change the stats on their gear. I would love a reward track that gives as a reward a rune frame or holder or something that allows you to detach the rune. Even a single use rune remover like the infusion remover you can buy in fotm would be nice.

Osu

in WvW

blackgamma.1809

So because exotics is fine we shouldn’t have better access to ascended?

Yeah exotic is fine as the baseline gear, but that’s no excuse as to why it’s not made more readily available instead of random 1 out of 1000’s of loot boxes, nevermind another game mode that doesn’t use it gives away a full set for playing it.

It’s pvp why wouldn’t you want to be wearing the best stuff to fight in? That stats however minuscule makes a difference in smaller fights, obviously not in a zerg where everything is covered by greater number of players.

those minuscule stats “can” make a difference, doesn’t mean it does. you can still get 3 shotted by anyone with zerk exotic gear. and you can still soak a lot of dmg using traits in your class against someone using full ascended gear. yes there are times when roaming ascended gear can do wonders but it only gets you so far.

also. theres many ways to get ascended gear. you just have to go outside of wvw. heck you can even straight up by ascended crafting items from the TP and make them yourself. and the new reward track drops ascended materials.

it all comes back to a money or time sink if you want ascended gear.

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

As a roamer I like ascended gear so I can put infusions in for the +% damage to guard/lords/supervisors. It really helps when you want to solo flip a camp quickly and gtfo.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

also. theres many ways to get ascended gear. you just have to go outside of wvw. heck you can even straight up by ascended crafting items from the TP and make them yourself. and the new reward track drops ascended materials.

Still doesn’t mean WvW shouldn’t get a fair shot at acquiring ascended, pve gets fractals and raids, spvp gets you a set for playing the season, wvw still relies on terrible random drops.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Need? No. However, WvW is meant not only to simulate large-scale conflict, but also to replace open world PvP in other MMO’s PvE zones. That game preference has always included stacking as many numerical advantages as possible, then applying skill.

in WvW

blackgamma.1809

Still doesn’t mean WvW shouldn’t get a fair shot at acquiring ascended, pve gets fractals and raids, spvp gets you a set for playing the season, wvw still relies on terrible random drops.

if ascended gear is already assumed to be a easy to obtain in all the other games modes. then why does it matter in WvW. there is no reason to put ascended armor and weaps in WvW if the other game modes already offer it. stop being lazy, go craft it

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

People keep saying that WvW needs ascended gear to keep up with the meta, but the reality is, theirs so many mechanics in the game and varying builds in the game, that it doesn’t even matter how good the stats are on your gear.
Edit: i should clarify, i mean’t that its super easy to get countered

Pehaps im wrong and im trying to be open to the idea, but you should be fine with exotic. the stat gain from full ascended gear is still small

i still have good success using exotic gear in WvW, with zergs and roaming. and with the full ascended gear i do have i still get 2 shot by theives and zoned by druids.

my main concern is that people think they absolutely need Ascended gear to keep up, and when they finally get it. they get stun bursted by a warrior and then get over WvW

I agree with this completely. The one thing A-Net did right is the stat progression between exotic and ascended. You get a little bit of an advantage but its not overwhelming.

I have 1 toon of each class, and have 2 full ascended sets on 3 of them, single ascended set on the rest + some misc pieces here and there. When I play in WVW I often supplement and mix with exotics, on rare occasion when messing around with completely new builds I use exotics.

I also think people focus too much on certain gear types, for example dire, berserker, etc. instead of the stat totals which you get by mixing and matching. This is especially true for those who are new to the game and have been honed to do so by PVE players (guilds) and those who have not played any other MMORPG before (or very few of them) and do not understand the genre which they are in.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

if ascended gear is already assumed to be a easy to obtain in all the other games modes. then why does it matter in WvW. there is no reason to put ascended armor and weaps in WvW if the other game modes already offer it. stop being lazy, go craft it

Because players do not want to step out of their main game mode to get the gear they want, what do you not understand about this? For 4 years wvw players have complained about having to go to pve to supply their main game preference, guild halls was a pve grind to get their bonuses in wvw, some of the new stats combinations were only available in pve.

How happy would pve players be if ascended only came from spvp? How do you think spvp players would feel about having to raid in order to unlock an amulet set?

Let me put things in another perspective in regards to the stats. How do you think players would feel in spvp if there were two sets of amulets available, one is exotics as it is right now, and one is ascended only available those that make it to legendary rank, do you think players would be happy with a divide in stats like that?

I have my ascended set, I still think it’s kittenkitten stupid that that they placed wvw under pve rules but don’t want to provide the gear there.

Still no reason why wvw shouldn’t get purchasable ascended gear, or better drop rates.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Because players do not want to step out of their main game mode to get the gear they want, what do you not understand about this? For 4 years wvw players have complained about having to go to pve to supply their main game preference, guild halls was a pve grind to get their bonuses in wvw, some of the new stats combinations were only available in pve.

How happy would pve players be if ascended only came from spvp? How do you think spvp players would feel about having to raid in order to unlock an amulet set?

Let me put things in another perspective in regards to the stats. How do you think players would feel in spvp if there were two sets of amulets available, one is exotics as it is right now, and one is ascended only available those that make it to legendary rank, do you think players would be happy with a divide in stats like that?

I have my ascended set, I still think it’s kittenkitten stupid that that they placed wvw under pve rules but don’t want to provide the gear there.

Still no reason why wvw shouldn’t get purchasable ascended gear, or better drop rates.

I agree. The original topic was however focused more on the total differences in gameplay between exotic and ascended gear, which are not that big, but noticable enough for people to have longterm goals.

What your complain is about is the obtainability, which is true that it needs to improve. Add to that, I would like to see WVW have some ascended gear with its own graphics and/or stat combos available only in this game mode.

Now, if you are one of those people that think ascended is the be-all end-all, then no, I will have to disagree with you. In addition, on the obtainability front, while you still have to do a bit of PVE, it has been vastly improved lately. For example, you only need to unlock some maps and run WVW reward tracks for those maps to get the gear. Not just that, but lots of this gear has selectable stats, I don’t need to explain advantages of that right ?

So for many slots the PVE effort I would say has been minimized, though there is of course room for improvement as I said above.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

You guys don’t need exotics, just blues and greens will suffice.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

The only real “needs” for ascended gear are on accessories (big gains and relevant in PvE and are free/cheap, anyways) and weapons on power builds since the base damage increase makes them offer a small but noticeable increase in damage.

Armor’s kind of whatever in most cases. It’s more effective to spend the money on better food 9 out of 10 times.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

As a roamer I like ascended gear so I can put infusions in for the +% damage to guard/lords/supervisors. It really helps when you want to solo flip a camp quickly and gtfo.

you know i never actually considered using those because frankly camps are easy as kitten to nuke while i need every stat i can to duel against some of those guys who would show up while im in the ring.

in WvW

blackgamma.1809

no, your argument holds no water, there is a lot wrong with it, and theres nothing to support it. guess what you can do in WvW, grind for bags for materials. and then use the materials to make ascended gear. also. Also, player do step out of WvW to get the gear that they need, Why? because you have to, to play WvW, why isn’t there exotic sinister’s or vipers armor ready to buy straight up. because you have to if you really want that gear. Because crafting is a thing.

I hope WvW NEVER gets an easy way to get ascended gear. If every single player (or at least majority of them) had ascended gear, it would make it significantly harder for new players, it sets up the stupid precedent that you need ascended gear to play WvW. like it did for Raids. that you CLEARY dont need ascended gear for, but places a stupid barrier for new players.

also WvW is a bad game mode. so stop being inside your WvW echo chamber

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

I hope WvW NEVER gets an easy way to get ascended gear.
also WvW is a bad game mode.

That’s all that needed to be said about your opinions. You obviously don’t care about wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I would have to remove my Agony Infusions for that…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

blackgamma.1809

I hope WvW NEVER gets an easy way to get ascended gear.
also WvW is a bad game mode.

That’s all that needed to be said about your opinions. You obviously don’t care about wvw.

i care more than you, i care enough to tell good points, not only that, but you couldn’t show me the courtesy even give me a good rebuttal to your flawed opinion. because you decide to take the easy way out. which shows a lot about you wanting easy free ascended gear

if you wanted things easy, you could of said so, you don’t need put forward a broken argument to tell me so

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

i care more than you, i care enough to tell good points, not only that, but you couldn’t show me the courtesy even give me a good rebuttal to your flawed opinion. because you decide to take the easy way out. which shows a lot about you wanting easy free ascended gear

if you wanted things easy, you could of said so, you don’t need put forward a broken argument to tell me so

Well maybe if you came back at me with more than “your argument holds no water cause reasons, go grind for mats” I would have bothered. I’ve given my fair share of input for wvw over the years, it’s the only reason I play gw2 for wvw, it’s god kitten sad the state it is in today, and even more sad when players come in here to hold back sensible improvements for it.

Also, player do step out of WvW to get the gear that they need, Why? because you have to, to play WvW

No kidding, that was my point. You think pve players like being forced into wvw? the majority of them don’t, the same goes for wvw players being forced into pve to get what they need for wvw.

Also I never asked for free ascended, I’m asking for a proper way to purchase ascended like pve and spvp has right now, we already have the free method it’s wait for 1/10000 chances to drop a random ascended box, which is also the worse way to obtain ascended in the game.

And no you don’t give two cares about wvw or improving it. You come in here to tell us we don’t need ascended, that you hope wvw never gets an easier way to obtain ascended when the other two game modes have it, including one that doesn’t even need it in the first place. That wvw is a bad game mode. FYI there’s already a gear barrier in place between ascended and fresh 80’s, there’s probably a decent amount of players with at least 1 set in wvw by now.

You want to hold that barrier in place to forcing new players and wvw players to go grind for mats and gold to make their sets, rather than maybe gearing up faster through wvw currency/gold instead. So that maybe those players can make up ground and be on a more even gear level, but oh no, you better go grind your mats and gold, you’re in a bad game mode and that’s all you deserve.

I’ve said my piece, regardless of whether or not stats between exotics and ascended make a difference to whomever, or whether you need it or not, wvw should be given the same access to the gear as the other two game modes.

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Differences between ascended gear (3 stat sets):
Weapon 28 stats + 5% extra damage (~180 effective stats)
Full armor set ~98-112 stats depending on light/medium/heavy armor
Full trinkets ~150 stats
infusions 2*3*5 (rings) + 11*5 (other) =85 stats
so total of 500+ stats for 3-stat sets,
550+ for 4-stat sets
and 650+ stats for celestial sets.
Which is huge (difference of doing 10% more damage (f/e 250 power) and being 10% tankier (f/e 250 vitality))
But as you can see ascended armor is the most expensive part of the armor and provides least stats, so getting weapon (cost only 100g to craft 2-handed weapon)+ trinkets is necessary (Trinkets are easy to get with reward tracks anyways).

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

you know i never actually considered using those because frankly camps are easy as kitten to nuke while i need every stat i can to duel against some of those guys who would show up while im in the ring.

yes camps are easy. But what I want is to do them as fast as possible and move on so the white swords on the camp are there for the shortest amount of time. Especially when solo. I don’t want a roaming group of 5 people come running to gank me. Having +1% power infusions on armor is an extra 6% damage and +30 power which is nothing to be sneezed at.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Ascended weapons have a higher base damage which in turn is a fairly sizable advantage on power builds. Not so much for condi builds though.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yea, the thing is ascended tends to be a bigger deal with power, so going condi (lol) is much more cost effective especially if you want to get some TB/viper weapons.

Though I think people should get weapons anyways since they’re not really that expensive (about 70g plus the one startup cost of 100g for reaching 500 from 0)

And yes, Threather.9354 brings up the point that celestial is poorly adjusted and the exotic version is terrible plus has time gates just like ascended. So that should be looked at.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

blackgamma.1809

Well maybe if you came back at me with more than “your argument holds no water cause reasons, go grind for mats” I would have bothered. I’ve given my fair share of input for wvw over the years, it’s the only reason I play gw2 for wvw, it’s god kitten sad the state it is in today, and even more sad when players come in here to hold back sensible improvements for it.

Also, player do step out of WvW to get the gear that they need, Why? because you have to, to play WvW

No kidding, that was my point. You think pve players like being forced into wvw? the majority of them don’t, the same goes for wvw players being forced into pve to get what they need for wvw.

Also I never asked for free ascended, I’m asking for a proper way to purchase ascended like pve and spvp has right now, we already have the free method it’s wait for 1/10000 chances to drop a random ascended box, which is also the worse way to obtain ascended in the game.

And no you don’t give two cares about wvw or improving it. You come in here to tell us we don’t need ascended, that you hope wvw never gets an easier way to obtain ascended when the other two game modes have it, including one that doesn’t even need it in the first place. That wvw is a bad game mode. FYI there’s already a gear barrier in place between ascended and fresh 80’s, there’s probably a decent amount of players with at least 1 set in wvw by now.

You want to hold that barrier in place to forcing new players and wvw players to go grind for mats and gold to make their sets, rather than maybe gearing up faster through wvw currency/gold instead. So that maybe those players can make up ground and be on a more even gear level, but oh no, you better go grind your mats and gold, you’re in a bad game mode and that’s all you deserve.

I’ve said my piece, regardless of whether or not stats between exotics and ascended make a difference to whomever, or whether you need it or not, wvw should be given the same access to the gear as the other two game modes.

without gear being a thing, there already a lot of barriers that stopping new players from playing WvW, making ascended gear more accessible wont fix the amount of issues or get rid of barriers that exist in the game. fresh players new to wvw wont have access to ascended gear. so you want to instantly put that disadvantage for new players with flimsy gear? thats entirely the reason why WvW is set up that way, as i already touched on, making ascended gear more accessible will create more problems than it will fix

im not for WvW being able to purchase ascended gear for WvW currecny. because you’ll just want people to come for WvW just for ascended gear and leave, thats now how you maintain a healthy population. we had this same issue during Christmas with PvP where people would leave WvW, making the game mode a wasteland on all sides, just to get ascended gear in PvP.

if they gave you more gold for playing in WvW, that im kinda for. because they can just buy the matts for the ascended gear or the exotic armor they need. or where cool kids do with their gold these days.

so thats why i can’t agree, but i understand your opinion, and it does have some merit to it. it just doesn’t help the little guys new players experience to get access to gear that he may never need

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

im not for WvW being able to purchase ascended gear for WvW currecny. because you’ll just want people to come for WvW just for ascended gear and leave, thats now how you maintain a healthy population. we had this same issue during Christmas with PvP where people would leave WvW, making the game mode a wasteland on all sides, just to get ascended gear in PvP.

You said it yourself, people from wvw went to spvp, because guess what, it was easy to get a set of ascended gear, then they left anyways. So apparently it’s ok for this to happen in spvp but not wvw. They wouldn’t need to leave in the first place if they had a proper way to obtain it in wvw now would they.

Also if people come to wvw just for ascended they’ll need to get the currency first, I certainly wouldn’t set the currency to be like 1000 badges and 2 gold for a pair of boots. At minimum a lot of proof of heroics and gold would be involved, ideally I would setup weekly or monthly short run events to earn tournament tickets in order to purchase a set over a few months with tickets and gold, thus preserving cost and time to obtain.

But hey whatever, wvw doesn’t need ascended, no need to add something to bring people into it like they did with spvp, it’s a dying bad mode anyways.

Edit before you say I didn’t address all your points.

without gear being a thing, there already a lot of barriers that stopping new players from playing WvW, making ascended gear more accessible wont fix the amount of issues or get rid of barriers that exist in the game. fresh players new to wvw wont have access to ascended gear. so you want to instantly put that disadvantage for new players with flimsy gear? thats entirely the reason why WvW is set up that way, as i already touched on, making ascended gear more accessible will create more problems than it will fix

There is always going to be a barrier between new and vet wvw players, no matter what. Uplevels are not even boosted to exotic levels and they have to endure that from level 2 or 60 whatever their account is. Then they still need to farm badges to purchase wvw exotics when they get to 80, all the while they will still get creamed by exotic or ascended geared veteran players anyways.

What would help new players is to get the best gear available sooner rather than later, once they get the gear to that point they can worry about the “other barriers” and stop blaming a lack of gear as a problem for them. Maybe you think only 10% of wvw players have full ascended at this point, my thinking would be closer to 50% but who knows. Either way I wouldn’t mind handing newer players ascended a little faster than the current wvw rng/time gating.

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

Once Legendary armour sets is out ,all ascended sets gear will be cheap to acquire

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Once Legendary armour sets is out ,all ascended sets gear will be cheap to acquire

This literally makes zero sense.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

]

if they gave you more gold for playing in WvW, that im kinda for. because they can just buy the matts for the ascended gear or the exotic armor they need. or where cool kids do with their gold these days.

so thats why i can’t agree, but i understand your opinion, and it does have some merit to it. it just doesn’t help the little guys new players experience to get access to gear that he may never need

That would also encourage a lot of players to try out wvw who currently have no intention of doing so. I met a lot of people that grudgingly came in for map completion, ended up loving it, and never left.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

blackgamma.1809

I will vigilantly stand by the point that ascended gear should not be easily accessible, i highly disapprove of the actions of Anet for allowing Ascended gear to be so easily gained through PvP ranked. is was an entierly dumb way to entice people to play PvP ranked and it set a bad precedent for people in WvW wanting the same thing

yes, im for people leaving wvw getting ascended gear, im not for those game modes making it so easy to the point that it impacts other game modes heavily. purely because how badly anet set the currency to be cheap and easy to obtain in PvP. heck, im sure there a good way to time gate/use currency to buy ascended gear in WvW, but i really dont trust Anet to put in a good way, to implement a system in gaining ascended gear with WvW currency.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

From a competitive PoV the way I’ve always seen it:

Bob and Jim want to duel; equally skilled playing the same builds. Bob has ascended gear. Jim has exotic gear. Who has the upper hand?

The stat gain from ascended gear, how ever little it may be, is still the upper hand; this is of course including infusions.. that alone is +90 power as an example.

I find the mentality “needing ascended gear to keep up” an unhealthy habit of “peer pressure” possibly sprouting from select and arguably, few, groups of players.

Exotic gear is okay. You can still play the game and do the same content as your friends – nobody should make you feel uncomfortable because of the gear you have. Nevertheless, ascended gear is the best you can obtain in the game (legendary is on par) and imo retains the notion of mid/long-term goals one can achieve.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

It already is cheap to aquire.

-All trinkets are available from the 3 new maps with wvw reward tracks focusing their currency.
-WvW will provide atleast 2 ascended boxes within a reasonable time.
-A modest number of games in season provide enough ascended shards of glory for the 5 cheapest armor pieces (not chest) and a single one-handed item or the 4 cheapest armor pieces and a single two-handed item.

WvW people say they don’t want to pve for their gear but already you can aquire easy ascended gear (including hot stats) from both wvw and spvp.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Between sPvP and PvE, I rather just PvE honestly… But that’s just my opinion.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Xenesis.6389

I will vigilantly stand by the point that ascended gear should not be easily accessible, i highly disapprove of the actions of Anet for allowing Ascended gear to be so easily gained through PvP ranked. is was an entirely dumb way to entice people to play PvP ranked and it set a bad precedent for people in WvW wanting the same thing

yes, im for people leaving wvw getting ascended gear, im not for those game modes making it so easy to the point that it impacts other game modes heavily. purely because how badly anet set the currency to be cheap and easy to obtain in PvP. heck, im sure there a good way to time gate/use currency to buy ascended gear in WvW, but i really dont trust Anet to put in a good way, to implement a system in gaining ascended gear with WvW currency.

Fair enough, I do agree with your opinions in those areas.

Unfortunately the door for ascended earned in spvp has already been opened…

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Exotics are enough.

Ascendeds – you get eventually whether you like it or not.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal