I enjoyed this fight

I enjoyed this fight

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Last night, against superior numbers, we tried for a push on garri in their home BL.

They hid under multiple AC’s, we pushed anyway, wiped a few, retreated, they build more AC, more catapults, we built a counter treb, we continue to push, they try to push and as soon as they out of AC range they die. So they build more catapults, we continue to push and collect loot every time they try and push back.

Eventually with our losses we were down to 25 against 50 and were forced to retreat.

But it was a great fight and lasted ages, and one which was a welcome change from an open field fight or bunkering inside the garri. I say a nice change because we have lots of open field fights (which as an ele are always fun) and this was something a bit different. I wouldn’t want anyone at Anet to read this and think ‘great, they all want more siege’, so I’ll say again- a nice change. Not something I’d like to do every day but was fun because it doesn’t normally happen.

Kudos to all involved.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

I enjoyed this fight

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I enjoyed this post. I have no idea what sort of change you refer to, but nevertheless.

I enjoyed this fight

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Great fight also last night at SMC between TC & BG & DB……actually, more than one fight….it just kept going and going and going…….lots of fun!!!!

Giving all us lower tiered servers that are paired up with them a really good taste of T1 wvw life.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

I enjoyed this fight

in WvW

Posted by: Vonmanstein.3645

Vonmanstein.3645

I’m no expert of game design, but my empirical observation was the hard fought captures on Alpine Borderlands and EBG could get quite awesome. I have many fond memories of such instance, but literally 0 on the DBLs.

I enjoyed this fight

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

Great fight also last night at SMC between TC & BG & DB……actually, more than one fight….it just kept going and going and going…….lots of fun!!!!

Giving all us lower tiered servers that are paired up with them a really good taste of T1 wvw life.

I was just going to mention that. The fights on EBG last night were awesome. Sometimes our group won [TC] and other times BG would pounce all over us. Back and forth, DB coming in at different times. The end in the Lord’s room that lasted for at least 30 minutes if not longer was epic. It didn’t feel like anyone was a super skilled fight group, the numbers weren’t always even yet tactics were used to narrow the gap. Great time.

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

I enjoyed this fight

in WvW

Teon.5168

I was just going to mention that. The fights on EBG last night were awesome. Sometimes our group won [TC] and other times BG would pounce all over us. Back and forth, DB coming in at different times. The end in the Lord’s room that lasted for at least 30 minutes if not longer was epic. It didn’t feel like anyone was a super skilled fight group, the numbers weren’t always even yet tactics were used to narrow the gap. Great time.

Aye!!! That Lord’s Room fight was truly epic! Great times!!!

Hopefully, us Kainengites were a help and not a hindrance to TC. I saw quite a few guildies and Kaineng people out there last night. Good to see.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

I enjoyed this fight

in WvW

Teon.5168

I’m no expert of game design, but my empirical observation was the hard fought captures on Alpine Borderlands and EBG could get quite awesome. I have many fond memories of such instance, but literally 0 on the DBLs.

I have had a few good large battles in the middle area of the dbls a few times when I was on FA. Some good memories. But, yea, many more good memories in the abls.

But, then again, the dbls were only 6 months old, whereas the abls are what? Close to 3 years old? With that kind of time difference, I should have a lot more good memories on abls.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

I enjoyed this fight

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Loving the fights. The ACs though…4 or 5 of them coordinated will drop just about anything in a second.

I enjoyed this fight

in WvW

Teon.5168

Loving the fights. The ACs though…4 or 5 of them coordinated will drop just about anything in a second.

LOL, yea. ACs are godawful when you’re on the receiving end, and a joy when you’re the ones that have them.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

I enjoyed this fight

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

Hopefully, us Kainengites were a help and not a hindrance to TC. I saw quite a few guildies and Kaineng people out there last night. Good to see.

Numerous times I have stated that I’m glad to be paired up with Kaineng. Ran with more than a few of your commanders in the last week. Awesome people, very hilarious.

BG and DB have also said more than once they like people who actually fight too. So there is that.

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

I enjoyed this fight

in WvW

Teon.5168

Numerous times I have stated that I’m glad to be paired up with Kaineng. Ran with more than a few of your commanders in the last week. Awesome people, very hilarious.

BG and DB have also said more than once they like people who actually fight too. So there is that.

Good to read that we’re being represented well. And yea, we have some very good commanders that are fun to run with. I have seen a couple return after a long absence due to the wvw patch.

And most of the people I have run with from TC have been very nice and patient.

Thanks for the nice words, and yea, we tend to like to fight in wvw…..so many of us that I know of are so delirious and giddy with all the action…..lol.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)