I have enough of thieves that are completly invisible during the whole fight

in WvW

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

I guess it has something to do with server lag that I often cant see thiefs for the whole duration of a fight. If I cant click on an enemy theirs no way, beside random aoe spamming and praying, to fight them. It completly brakes the balance of the game. I thought it only happens in large group fights where its not such a big problem but today I faced two thieves alone without anyone close and both never unstealthed longer than, like 2 frames. Stealth has a debuff that makes it impossible to restealth immediatley so i guess its lag abuse that happens here.

in WvW

Posted by: Vakabiel.2750

Vakabiel.2750

Thieves has several stealth abilities that they can use to hit and run during fights… that plus the lag might have caused the issue. I play one and I will fight, stealth, repoison, fight again, repeat.

Vakabiel of Dusk Till Dawn
dusktilldawnguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

most mesmers have better invisibilty and misdirection options than thieves. Why all the thief hate?

in WvW

Mayama.1854

Thieves has several stealth abilities that they can use to hit and run during fights… that plus the lag might have caused the issue. I play one and I will fight, stealth, repoison, fight again, repeat.

Thiefs in WvW often attack for 2-3 seconds while still in stealth. I dont think thats intended. If lag gives you such an advantage its clearly abuse. In every competitive game I know skills/weapons that can be abused in such a way get either reworked or removed.

in WvW

Posted by: Lesta.2318

Lesta.2318

d/d thief with +1 sec to stealth trait can chain vanish on you while hitting every 3seconds (the non-stealthing debuff lasts 3s, the stealth 4s so he got to hit you in that 1s window). Just observe him going stealth, spam some aoe, count to 3 and do evade.

in WvW

Mayama.1854

d/d thief with +1 sec to stealth trait can chain vanish on you while hitting every 3seconds (the non-stealthing debuff lasts 3s, the stealth 4s so he got to hit you in that 1s window). Just observe him going stealth, spam some aoe, count to 3 and do evade.

They often attack for like 2 seconds while still not unstealthing…

in WvW

Posted by: AxeX.6481

AxeX.6481

most mesmers have better invisibilty and misdirection options than thieves. Why all the thief hate?

The same reason players hate any melee stealth class in any MMO. Players have grown to hate this class archetype since even before World of Warcraft’s Rogues.

in WvW

Posted by: The Dude.6942

The Dude.6942

The same reason players hate any melee stealth class in any MMO. Players have grown to hate this class archetype since even before World of Warcraft’s Rogues.

i think the thing is that the mesmer doesn’t do as much burst and his stealths are more of the gadgety kind instead of the invisible-while-beating-the-crap-out-of-you. what you’ll hear about mesmers is their clones and how consufing they are.

but clones are really easier to deal with if you know that all clones will act like npcs and the one jumping and dodging around is the real deal.

in WvW

Posted by: AmIAnnoyingNow.2903

AmIAnnoyingNow.2903

The stealth debuff only applies if you attack while stealthed, and starts from that point.