I have no more hope for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: logs.1493

logs.1493

I have been stuck in ques for hours, I have been prevented from playing with my guild (due to ques), I have suffered through ridiculous skill lag and server desync, I have torn my hair out at the flood of disrespectful achievement hunters.

This.. This.. Living story in EB stuff is the last straw. It’s clear they don’t want to listen to their most active and knowledgeable playerbase.

I once had high hopes for this game. An elder dragon a year I thought, it would be awesome. Instead we get scarlet and her “friend of the week”.

No more. I will await ESO, and what looks to be a much more enjoyable RvR.

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

So let me get this straight, ESO, a game based on an ip known for single player dungeon crawling is a better RvR game because you cant get past your servers Q? did you know that theres a new map for people in Q?

I forgot what kind of psychological defense mechanism your argument here is using, the one where you nitpick and aspect of one game, put it in an opinionated negative light and somehow is someway in your mind it gives creditbility to another thing.

I wonder how you feel about the different sport teams youve admired and how they would react to you posting something like this in their forums

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

So let me get this straight, ESO, a game based on an ip known for single player dungeon crawling is a better RvR game because you cant get past your servers Q? did you know that theres a new map for people in Q?

I forgot what kind of psychological defense mechanism your argument here is using, the one where you nitpick and aspect of one game, put it in an opinionated negative light and somehow is someway in your mind it gives creditbility to another thing.

I wonder how you feel about the different sport teams youve admired and how they would react to you posting something like this in their forums

The problem is that we haven’t gotten anything in WvW since launch while the PvE’ers have gotten constant updates of things they want! What have we got to show for 14 months of hard work: a rank that provides a title we can’t show our friends, a league that just keeps us out of the game we want to be playing, constant streams of PvE’ers who don’t care what’s happening to the score, and constant struggle trying to keep up with the dev’s obvious inability to prevent market inflation. So yea looking forward to a new game isn’t shocking in the slightest, when it has a chance to be a better place to rest. I’ve never seen a game like Gw2 where the PvE’ers get the benefit of WvW while whole-heartedly disrespecting it.
P.S. That Q map should’ve been added before the League.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

in WvW

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Logged in after work. Did my daily in PvE. Entered WvW. Saw Living World junk infesting it. Logged out.

Complete fail.

in WvW

Posted by: Koldash.6790

Koldash.6790

In the beginning, World vs. World was beautiful. It had tactics. Siege weapons were useful. Fully upgrading a fort or camp actually had a purpose. Then.. the WvW points came..
Now, the guards are even more useless then they origionally were. What the walls are made out of is irrelevant. And a fully upgraded camp can be taken over by a single player. In my opinion, A-Net should just rename World vs. World to Zerg vs. Zerg. Let’s face it. If you’re not in a zerg, then you’re just fodder and all your upgrading and dolyak pushing is useless…

When A-Net makes all the hard work I put into forts meaningful again, I may return. Be well.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The problem is that we haven’t gotten anything in WvW since launch while the PvE’ers have gotten constant updates of things they want! What have we got to show for 14 months of hard work: a rank that provides a title we can’t show our friends, a league that just keeps us out of the game we want to be playing, constant streams of PvE’ers who don’t care what’s happening to the score, and constant struggle trying to keep up with the dev’s obvious inability to prevent market inflation. So yea looking forward to a new game isn’t shocking in the slightest, when it has a chance to be a better place to rest. I’ve never seen a game like Gw2 where the PvE’ers get the benefit of WvW while whole-heartedly disrespecting it.
P.S. That Q map should’ve been added before the League.

WvW has gotten lots of things as well — too bad they were pretty much all bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

The problem is that we haven’t gotten anything in WvW since launch while the PvE’ers have gotten constant updates of things they want! … . I’ve never seen a game like Gw2 where the PvE’ers get the benefit of WvW while whole-heartedly disrespecting it.

WHOA WHOA WHOA here, hold your horses….

as a PVE’er i got almost nothing i wanted… I wanted new fractals and class balance and viable support and condition builds…. instead i got my little pony achievement hunt with new shop items every two weeks…

I got so much PVE stuff I liked… , i went to play WWW because they introduced ranks and reward chests and nifty skills n stuff that i wanted to have in PVE but got them in WWW…

of"c that didn’t last for long as WWW is boring and everyone i know quit the game…

in WvW

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

I played WvW twice since they introduced leagues. Well, ‘tried’ to play is more accurate I’d say.

I dunno if it’s PvE’rs who block the maps or a giant influx of WTJ’rs after our server managed to rise in ranks again, but right now there’s queues on all maps at times we never had any ever since people mass-left the server because they were tired of playing vs. Vizunah. Both times I managed to endure the queue time and get on a borderland (I have no hopes of ever getting into EB again at this time) the only things I really experienced were absurd skill lags (to the point where I couldn’t even get around the map any faster than a crippled snail because my skills wouldn’t activate at all literally 50% of the time I spent in WvW) and Warriors. Warriors everywhere.

Hands down, that’s it for me. Waiting 20+ minutes to get onto a borderland, only to have your gaming experience ruined by massive nonstop skill lags and ridiculous class imbalances just isn’t enough for me to log on (funnily enough, these two things seem mutually reinforcing: with nobody being able to activate skills your quadra-signet warrior suddenly becomes the strongest build in the game causing a flood of quadra-signet warriors to storm the borderlands xD).

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Just transfer. If it helps you digest it, it’s like quitting the game ’cept you get to still have WvW fun.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

…Entered WvW. Saw Living World junk infesting it…

…Complete fail.

GREAT choice of word there. “Infested”.

I logged in to find our Garrison under attack. I ran from Citadel with a trail of my other WvW brothers and sisters and we all had to run through a small group of these new bad guys at the cliffs between Cit and Longview. lol’d as I ran through em.

Later, the enemy zerg that was capping our entire BL decided to take a break and let us recap everything so they could come back through and zerg it all again. Where were they during their break? The orange swords in the Skritt caves (part of the new content) told us immediately.

Infested.

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

I have been stuck in ques for hours, I have been prevented from playing with my guild (due to ques), I have suffered through ridiculous skill lag and server desync, I have torn my hair out at the flood of disrespectful achievement hunters.

This.. This.. Living story in EB stuff is the last straw. It’s clear they don’t want to listen to their most active and knowledgeable playerbase.

I once had high hopes for this game. An elder dragon a year I thought, it would be awesome. Instead we get scarlet and her “friend of the week”.

No more. I will await ESO, and what looks to be a much more enjoyable RvR.

And this class is why you don’t stack servers.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

Getting the people to spread out evenly over the servers is a lot harder then getting Anet to improve their game, at least Anet is trying.

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

I’m not convinced PvE is the main cause of the queues. It’s not people wanting to play PvE on WvW maps that causes the multi-hour queues on Friday nights – it is the number of people who want to play WvW.

I don’t think the toxic storyline is drawing in many if any PvE people, either. There is plenty of that content in PvE with more people playing it, more champs. I think the toxic stuff in WvW was probably a misguided attempt to be inclusive of players who never leave WvW. It doesn’t have that big of an impact (except maybe for pointing out the location of a zerg, as mentioned above.)

The jumping puzzles and map achievements draw in a few people, but that is just for a while for each individual. That would be just a handful of people at any time.

The WvW achievements probably draw a bunch because people like to show off those numbers. But I can see why ANet wants to make sure as many people experience WvW as possible. If WvW players are leaving because of so many newcomers, we will need the newcomers all the more.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

If your problem is long queues, then just transfer to a different server. There are plenty out there that have shorter or even no queues that could use the people.

Its hard to have sympathy for these posts as long as there is even one server with little or no queue.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I have been stuck in ques for hours, <snip>

You are your problem. Transfer!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Arreyanne.2683

Arreyanne.2683

Nanyetah, I’m going to agree to disagree with your assessment of the Que problem.
And the reasoning behind it follows:

If anyone was here when the very first server event happened after release, think back if you were on a high pop server with a WvW que.

On our server back then 3-5 hour waits during NA prime time were not uncommon.
The first PvE event in the world is released, cant remember if that was the mad King thing last year or if there was something before that, Que;s disappeared borderlands on our server where near empty.

That week we fell to third in our bracket and moved down a tier, stayed there until the event was over. Then presto que’s same as before the event.

With the implementation fo Achievements and awards every swinging jack in the game that plays to say, “I have all the achievements” are now queing for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Getting the people to spread out evenly over the servers is a lot harder then getting Anet to improve their game, at least Anet is trying.

+1 this. I’m on a Very High player count server that has a pretty low WvW population. When Devon said he was going to play on my server people stacked on servers that would get the chance to fight him rather than fight with him. We have very few Queues, the PVE players that are coming out are taking some time to learn some things. I have heard little to no complaints on the server outside of how badly we get rolled when the servers we are fighting roll over us with 2-1 or 3-1 odds. Balance is the real issue, Its not Anets fault bad players stacked servers to get the easy win. They don’t want to actually challenge themselves with = number open combat fights.

TLDR: Dont blame Anet, blame the bads.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

If your problem is long queues, then just transfer to a different server. There are plenty out there that have shorter or even no queues that could use the people.

Its hard to have sympathy for these posts as long as there is even one server with little or no queue.

A lot of people view their servers like their guilds. They are family to them.

It’s like asking you to leave your real-life home and find another family with more rooms to spare.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Get off your bloated, bandwagon server.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Alfred Nobel.2914

Alfred Nobel.2914

Change server.

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Arreyanne, it sounds like you are saying a lot of WvW players go to play PvE during big events, which is probably true. And I agree that the achievements bring more PvE players into WvW, at least until most people have completed them. It is hard to say how many of the achievement hunters will stick around.

It will not necessarily be a bad thing if some of them do stay. I get the feeling there are not that many regular WvW players compared to the overall population of GW2. I think that is one reason WvW doesn’t get the attention the players want from ANet, there aren’t that many of us.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

…..at least Anet is trying.

hahahahahahahahaha…………..hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh god, my sides are hurting!

in WvW

Obsidian.1328

I’m not leaving the server I’ve been on since beta, regardless of what tier we are in. I could use the same logic on you guys too:

Get off your desolate, noob server. Change servers.

See how ridiculous that sounds?

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Logged in after work. Did my daily in PvE. Entered WvW. Saw Living World junk infesting it. Logged out.

Complete fail.

imo the game is turning into a weird wars game, i dont know even what to say when i log on just to look to my character and then loggof …

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

And a fully upgraded camp can be taken over by a single player. .. Let’s face it. If you’re not in a zerg, then you’re just fodder and all your upgrading and dolyak pushing is useless…

Lets face it. You just contradicted yourself in the same post.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in WvW

deathTouch.9706

I’m not leaving the server I’ve been on since beta, regardless of what tier we are in. I could use the same logic on you guys too:

Then if you don’t want to move, advocate for your server to stop paying for transfers to come and fill up warm-body spots for 24/7 coverage.

You do realize that SoR’s goal is to have 24/7 queued BLs right?

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I have been stuck in ques for hours, <snip>

You are your problem. Transfer!

such a joke of a response. Want to know why. Large wvw guild moves to new server. Server starts doing well and beating other servers. More guilds see this and move to said server. Said server becomes Stacked. Ques get long, gets frustrating for your guild, move again. Cycle starts over, Anets makes money, nothing gets fixed.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Then if you don’t want to move, advocate for your server to stop paying for transfers to come and fill up warm-body spots for 24/7 coverage.

24 hour coverage with short ques is ok and the only way to compete in teir 1.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I was on SoS before it went to T1 (transferred their last week in T3) and afterwards.

When we were #1 we had queues at times. I remember that if I didn’t try to get in right at reset, I could be waiting over an hour to get in to join my guild.

I didn’t come and complain though, because I understood that I had made the choice to be on a Tier 1 server.

The current batch of T1 folks… entitled to a fault and all they do is whine about how they should be at the front of the line because they are so L337.

For the 11,111th time, we ALL told you that there would be massive queues and massive lag in T1. Even Devon tried to warn you, but you kept on going around recruiting like madmen, buying guilds and all the other pre-league shenanigans.

The result is no less than 9 servers that are husks of their former selves, and no one on T1 servers gets to play with their guilds.
Everyone chose and made their beds, now lay in them and give it a rest.

in WvW

Obsidian.1328

You do realize that we’ve never paid a guild to transfer here right?

The coverage issue is a product of the scoring system, not of the tier. ANet’s scoring is a 24/7 affair, we can’t change that.

Any other ideas?

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

it’s metrics for the win – highest score wins – metrics show vanity loves high scores – guess what happens next when it’s easy to stack a server to ensure a win ?

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Obsidian.1328

it’s metrics for the win – highest score wins – metrics show vanity loves high scores – guess what happens next when it’s easy to stack a server to ensure a win ?

Well…to be fair, not all scoring is rubbish. Professional sports teams use scoring, and almost everyone agrees it’s a fair system.

It’s just the type of scoring. Making it 24/7 pretty much assured the stacking situation we have now. It was inevitable.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

yeah, but if one server can have constant coverage – and the que’s are bugged where one server can only que 60 and another 150 – it’s not balanced – it’s an illusion of balance.

I don’t want to pick on your server – because you have done a wonderful job of showing there are reasonable people on your server – I’m changing my focus to ‘cold’ ‘hard’ facts which are the stat sheets they use to judge everyone. cold hard facts have nothing to do with sincere warm friendships. facts don’t cooperate, friends do.

I’d much rather lose a fight with a friend than win a fight with a shiny hunter.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

deathTouch.9706

The coverage issue is a product of the scoring system, not of the tier. ANet’s scoring is a 24/7 affair, we can’t change that.

Any other ideas?

If you don’t think certain private deals are being offered by individuals/particular guilds on SoR than you are quite naive.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

hahah, Yeah…. desolate. Someone needs a dictionary lol

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Empty(ier) servers are a bigger issue than servers that are “too full.” Until something is done to improve QoL/competition on those servers hurting for people, they have no business worrying about servers that have long queues.

People getting away from long queues on full servers is one of the only reasons smaller servers can even hope for new WvW blood. If anything, the queues on the most populated servers need to be longer.

in WvW

Obsidian.1328

Any other ideas?

If you don’t think certain private deals are being offered by individuals/particular guilds on SoR than you are quite naive.

Meh, perhaps. But no one’s fessed up to it in 15 months. Try asking a guild like IRON if we paid them to come over and see the kind of response you get.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

DAoC did it and does it better for 3-way WvW-type fights. Too bad the game is 10 years old. A graphical and class update would breath a lot of life into it.

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

heh, if SoR is paying to get run off by a clumbsy Asura with a lot of arrowcarts, I am delighted.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Whether you’re being serious or not, this is the funniest kitten I’ve read all week.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

don’t be too cynical. Of course the game designers care about the quality of their work. Why wouldn’t they?

For the Toast!