I'm from NA Tier 2 & it has been a bloodbath

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

T2 and WvW in general this week at the top tiers…

Attachments:

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I can’t believe this descended from T2 to T3.
But since a few of the posts mentioned that Maguuma has skilled roamers, I would love to get some advises from you on my fights!

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

ya, be sure to ask them about their 1 shot skills – will pierce right through your earth armor like it didn’t exist. you literally die in one hit, great stuff.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Ogre.3124

Ogre.3124

We’re currently resting at a ~2.48 kill-to-death ratio. This is after reset without the use of troll siege at your spawn or banners. This is also the highest kdr in both NA and EU servers. Maguuma has been known as a server with quality players over quantity throughout the years. Having equal numbers is understandable that you’re being farmed. The wall of ballistas at your spawn was a message that we owned you rather than anything to do with your intelligence. All in good fun at your expense.

With the roaming I have never lost a 1v1 to any person from either Darkhaven nor SoS. Which mind you is expected as I play an over-powered class (non-expansion warrior). This week you will be farmed again. The only way to ease the passing is to stop ppt’ing. You don’t want to be like SoS who told their guilds in TS to run away from Mag guilds in order to get rid of us through boredom. This is so they could PvD/PvE with no contention. This plan is flawed as being scared PPT rats will only prolong the ownage. Just give up with the ppt. Darkhaven has the right idea of going for fights only.

Attachments:

Maguuma

(edited by Ogre.3124)

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

We’re currently resting at a ~2.48 kill-to-death ratio. This is after reset without the use of troll siege at your spawn or banners. This is also the highest kdr in both NA and EU servers. Maguuma has been known as a server with quality players over quantity throughout the years. Having equal numbers is understandable that you’re being farmed. The wall of ballistas at your spawn was a message that we owned you rather than anything to do with your intelligence. All in good fun at your expense.

With the roaming I have never lost a 1v1 to any person from either Darkhaven nor SoS. Which mind you is expected as I play an over-powered class (non-expansion warrior). This week you will be farmed again. The only way to ease the passing is to stop ppt’ing. You don’t want to be like SoS who told their guilds in TS to run away from Mag guilds in order to get rid of us through boredom. This is so they could PvD/PvE with no contention. This plan is flawed as being scared PPT rats will only prolong the ownage. Just give up with the ppt. Darkhaven has the right idea of going for fights only.

I was on Maguuma for 2 years so I have a pretty good idea of the server mentality. It is also why I’m so disappointed to be honest. At no moment last week were we farmed at equal number. I would know since I was there everyday and had to empty my bags a lot at spawn from killing you lot until the emergency WP would be called in or the nearby zerg recalled to prevent a wipe on your side.

For a server that used to pride itself with fights and not ppt I find it funny that you accuse others of being ppt rats after what you did. You have been ppt try harding in massive zergs all weeks and made even fights impossible despite having countless occasions to enjoy them. Having ballistas at spawn is not a sign of you owning anything. It’s a sign of you not wanting a fight on equal footing (never mind you guys also having numerical advantage 95% of the time). The only way your move make any sense is if you care more about PPT than fights even when the week was already won for you long ago.

If PPT was your goal then, well played. Honestly. But please, stop pretending you are a fight server. You fool no one.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

ya, they have some of the grimiest tactics, obnoxious attitudes, and odious techniques i’ve seen in game, I’m sure they have their bad points too!! lol

they actually remind me very much of some of the first – villain type adversary guilds from the very early pvp days. The developers back then had a hard time pinning anything on them too lol……ole maggie brings back memories of fun times…..dang kittens……….back then i was part of the only team that could challenge the bad guys too. except this time i’m not competing, just laughing and enjoying the memories :p

i’m telling you guys now, not anet nor the community will be able to pin anything on them…..they are a great evil server. lol – all the hate posts just help them climb their ladders of choice heh!!

anet has no idea how much fun they are missing out by not including evil, neutral and goodies as an alignment in gw2 ( not to mention all the extra merchandising that will come with it :p ) – further, anet employee / wvwrs will never admit they’d want to be part of an evil guild…… evil players that pretend to be goodies are why neutrals exist. ^.^

psss – the key is remembering this is an “RPG” game, cops need robbers. don’t take it personal, it’s just a game. it only stops being fun when you forget it’s just a game.

like it or not, whether anyone is willing to admit it or not, mag’s form of foul play brings meaning to winning a wvw match.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

ya, they have some of the grimiest tactics, obnoxious attitudes, and odious techniques i’ve seen in game, I’m sure they have their bad points too!! lol

they actually remind me very much of some of the first – villain type adversary guilds from the very early pvp days. The developers back then had a hard time pinning anything on them too lol……ole maggie brings back memories of fun times…..dang kittens……….back then i was part of the only team that could challenge the bad guys too. except this time i’m not competing, just laughing and enjoying the memories :p

i’m telling you guys now, not anet nor the community will be able to pin anything on them…..they are a great evil server. lol – all the hate posts just help them climb their ladders of choice heh!!

anet has no idea how much fun they are missing out by not including evil, neutral and goodies as an alignment in gw2 – further, anet employee / wvwrs will never admit they’d want to be part of an evil guild…… evil players that pretend to be goodies are why neutrals exist. ^.^

psss – the key is remembering this is an “RPG” game, cops need robbers. don’t take it personal, it’s just a game. it only stops being fun when you forget it’s just a game.

They are very good at role playing being in the game for the fights for sure then.

I hope they knock themselves out bashing empty objectives all week. After all, they worked so hard to get there. I gave them a whole week because I genuinely believed fight was why they were in the game. I won’t make the same mistake a second week.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

with all I said, I’d like to define Darkhaven as a Neutral Server – we are roamers that love to fight, we learn from every fight, if someone wishes to fight fair , we will fight fair ….but you can be quite sure that we will learn every dark trick we can from these matches with every intention of bashing maguuma in future matches #bff

i’m very curious to see if any server is brave enough to declare themselves a “good” server rofl!! I can see it now 2 evils vs 1 good server match.

I wonder what kind of effect it would have in the community balancing the server populations ?!

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: Bonsai.8964

Bonsai.8964

The best roamers I’ve seen were on SBI, probably.

I’ll have you know that [gggg] moved to Maguuma but thank you for calling us the best. (We knew allready though)

Some random Engineer who tends to be annoying on TS

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

@Ogre – i’ll 1v1 you. i haven’t been able to get anything less then a 1v2+ from mag since last matchup.

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

To address T3 topic from page 1: If you own Overlook in ebg, and you mostly just spam cannons, trebs, mortars, acs, etc non-stop at fights in the road between northern sm and overlook, you deserve to be spawn camped with players and siege. Literally every time we killed annoying wall siege, DH rebuilt it as soon as it was clear again. lol If your team is constantly running out the same set of stairs for hours on end from your spawn, why would we (Mag) leave? It’s not like green is doing anything. They also get camped in their keep. You’re not Mag’s play toy, but look at your KDR and ask yourself if you’re doing something wrong as a server or not.

As for T2: I believe Mag will move up past FA at this rate. We’re getting mountains of ppt from kills alone.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

To address T3 topic from page 1: If you own Overlook in ebg, and you mostly just spam cannons, trebs, mortars, acs, etc non-stop at fights in the road between northern sm and overlook, you deserve to be spawn camped with players and siege. Literally every time we killed annoying wall siege, DH rebuilt it as soon as it was clear again. lol If your team is constantly running out the same set of stairs for hours on end from your spawn, why would we (Mag) leave? It’s not like green is doing anything. They also get camped in their keep. You’re not Mag’s play toy, but look at your KDR and ask yourself if you’re doing something wrong as a server or not.

As for T2: I believe Mag will move up past FA at this rate. We’re getting mountains of ppt from kills alone.

+1
The amount of siege they build in each structure is kittening ridiculous. When we took ogrewatch for the umpteenth time they had more people sitting on trebs and mortars in their keep firing at OW than they had inside fighting to defend it. The majority of the ones that were inside died on the siege they were manning. Today was a boring kittening day.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Ricky.4706

u wont get an argument from me there, in the last few matches we were winning by 200k so that got a little slow for us, t3 is a new level of warfare…. i was taking advantage of the camping scenario to tweak my build, was working out well too, your guys were going out of their ways to take me out as soon as I stepped into battle, my skill lag was so bad from everyone on my kitten that 1/2 second casts were taking like 10 seconds lol

carry on! I have complete faith in Darkhaven, and it’s a nice change from op’ng every match up. May you guys be so lucky as to get camped in your future fights!

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Fight’s up in T2 right now, not later. #magswag

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

u wont get an argument from me there, in the last few matches we were winning by 200k so that got a little slow for us, t3 is a new level of warfare…. i was taking advantage of the camping scenario to tweak my build, was working out well too, your guys were going out of their ways to take me out as soon as I stepped into battle, my skill lag was so bad from everyone on my kitten that 1/2 second casts were taking like 10 seconds lol

carry on! I have complete faith in Darkhaven, and it’s a nice change from op’ng every match up. May you guys be so lucky as to get camped in your future fights!

To be fair, we do sux as a server. Way too many don’t even have the basic of trying to finish the opponents or res anything even if you vapor form to their feet. That being said, it changes nothing about Faguuma behavior being PPT/troll oriented rather than fight/skill oriented.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

yeah, the duels were hard, every time i was about to rip the face off of a magpie – i had like 2-3 others pop up out of nowhere. I’m still trying to figure out how they 1 shotted me though lol…..I was going over the damage list, they were in some cases doing 300% damage from the base damage….impressive. take no damage, insta-1shot kills and more siege than you can wiggle a finger at. I’d like to see how the ‘elitist’ pve raiders handle that one!

I’m pretty sure it’s that way all the way up to t1 by the mere population increase.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

To be fair, we do sux as a server. Way too many don’t even have the basic of trying to finish the opponents or res anything even if you vapor form to their feet. That being said, it changes nothing about Faguuma behavior being PPT/troll oriented rather than fight/skill oriented.

actually, i think we are great ……you have to consider that mag is a whole community that played together in another game, eve – they are basically what we would be if gw2 started playing eve. – everything i’ve seen them do has been like a server wide guild…..DH has amazing roaming community, that work loosely like a guild – we do very well…..now to stay in t3, we will have to function tighter like a community.

I enjoy the way we work now, but the competition just got kicked up a notch and we need more numbers, in addition to more server wide strategies. Turtle shells exist, we need them. it’s simple…..DH are badkittens that moved up in rank. I’m proud of you guys and very honored to be a part of DH.

think about it, if we went up against a t1 #1 server right now, it would be the same thing, simply because they have the population to do it.

before we met up with maggie – we were 2-300k leads in matches – we outgrew our class. that’s a great thing. …now for the next step!

my apologies in advance, to the t4 servers that we face after this rofl!

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Oh, we can discuss matchups again?

#PvFRevival 2016

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Oh, we can discuss matchups again?

#PvFRevival 2016

I guess we can until it get deleted. :P

in WvW

Ricky.4706

here’s my prediction, DH is very adaptable by nature….we learn and grow, recently faster than ever as we climbed the Tiers ……Maguuma on the other hand, is a one trick pony, else they wouldn’t have been stuck in t3 for so long……Darkhaven will not only eventually match and beat them, but we will have solid experience in every level of wvw …..from roaming in t5 to dominating t4 …and eventually rulling t1 – it’s in our blood.

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

here’s my prediction, DH is very adaptable by nature….we learn and grow, recently faster than ever as we climbed the Tiers ……Maguuma on the other hand, is a one trick pony, else they wouldn’t have been stuck in t3 for so long……Darkhaven will not only eventually match and beat them, but we will have solid experience in every level of wvw …..from roaming in t5 to dominating t4 …and eventually rulling t1 – it’s in our blood.

Bless your heart…

in WvW

Puck.9612

Bless your heart…

Shhh, don’t crush his dreams.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

oh stop, maguuma may be a 1 trick pony, but you do that trick really well!! <3

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

+1
The amount of siege they build in each structure is kittening ridiculous. When we took ogrewatch for the umpteenth time they had more people sitting on trebs and mortars in their keep firing at OW than they had inside fighting to defend it. The majority of the ones that were inside died on the siege they were manning. Today was a boring kittening day.

Are you completely blind to the amount of siege your own server uses? Puck, I never took you for a blind patriotic player… Esp not after you left AR. Mag uses copious amounts of siege, not just in structures but even open field, or in spawn camping. In fact, I guarantee you have used more siege to spawn camp us than we have used in our keep (the spawn trebs/ballis/acs were real when I logged in). It’s like you pretend guilds like cccp/sfd don’t exist, and that every guild on Mag is just TG running under a different tag.

I also find it utterly ridiculous to assert that, because SOME Dh players do something that Magtards dislike, that therefore a lot of random pugs deserve to be punished for it. That’s just completely absurd thinking, a gradeschooler could point that out, but somehow on Mag it’s standard and reasonable. “Oh hey, a guy in a village threw a rock at one of my shiny knights, as king of the village the most logical response is to burn them all alive”. ggwp Mag logic. On second thought, I shouldn’t be surprised, Mag is literally the stupidest server in the game (in terms of reasoning ability) lol.

Also to Katniss, kdr can be due to blobbing too. You’re assuming it’s due to your skill or our lack thereof, but that’s just an assumption. Blobbing can equally explain kdr, and you guys blob everything into oblivion.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Ricky.4706

i don’t mind, it’s not every day we get to fight people that literally take no damage, and 1 shot everyone lol. I was fighting a speshul magpie team, I hit them with a barrage of hits ….i counted over 60k damage between long bow, and switching to druid staff instantly…in like 10-15 seconds, cast every skill I could as fast as I can, with people behind me hitting my target too ….not a dent on your guys. amazing stuff, keep up the great work.

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

katniss.6735

I don’t even know what to say right now. It’s pretty much comedy gold above.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Ricky.4706

glad you are enjoying it, just earlier in the day we were crushing your blob…, yall were dropping mostly like mortals that can’t fight without a blob ……..but about an hour later these exceptionally amazing players came out… precious!! most of you fall like rocks when not under your tuttle shell, but some of you …….ninjakittenskillz!!

in WvW

Puck.9612

…and you guys blob everything into oblivion.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard this in the past couple weeks…. I don’t know what to tell you, welcome to WvW I guess? Every server blobs, do what I do and learn to pick people off from the blob and escape them. It’s like its own mini game.

I especially enjoyed getting salty whispers on multiple occasions how Mag players can only blob and run from equal fights, this was always right after I’d kill someone while I was solo roaming…. The majority of the time it came from reapers, it’s like they were so upset about losing a 1v1 that there brains stopped functioning and they resorted to their standard default insults.

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

DH is blobing it up boys

in WvW

Arius.7031

…and you guys blob everything into oblivion.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard this in the past couple weeks…. I don’t know what to tell you, welcome to WvW I guess? Every server blobs, do what I do and learn to pick people off from the blob and escape them. It’s like its own mini game.

I especially enjoyed getting salty whispers on multiple occasions how Mag players can only blob and run from equal fights, this was always right after I’d kill someone while I was solo roaming…. The majority of the time it came from reapers, it’s like they were so upset about losing a 1v1 that there brains stopped functioning and they resorted to their standard default insults.

My comment about you blobbing everything into oblivion is relevant because your server mates are bragging about kdr, I’m not complaining about blobbing, I’m saying that may explain the kdr. “Welcome to WvW” would be a good response if it were a complaint, but it’s not, it’s an explanation.

Every server spams siege too, but you use that as an excuse to justify your spawn camping us (with siege). It’s just an excuse, you’re not doing that to punish us, and if you were it’d be completely kittened (as I previously showed).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Ogre.3124

Now the claim our kdr is high is because we sometimes have server blobs for 2-3 hours every night. Let’s compare two sides here when there are blobs on either server:

1) We controlled SMC. Very little siege. Had a 2nd account from DH wasting the supply from 1500 to 0. Inner was never breached.
2) DH desperately sieged the ever living YB of their keep so they wouldn’t be spawntrapped again. Under a hail of 6-7 AC’s, three shield generators, cannons, and against DH’s blob Maguuma eventually took the keep.

Messages from NINE right after we took a fortified keep, sieged keep with NINE defending:

http://i.imgur.com/89Gs3uz.jpg

The only reason either of your servers even has ppt is due to Maguuma not being able to have groups in every BL 24/7. You’re essentially surviving sneaking ppt when Maguuma has other things to do.

Maguuma

(edited by Ogre.3124)

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

ogre still hasn’t messaged me for my 1v1… sad face. :\

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in WvW

Arius.7031

Now the claim our kdr is high is because we sometimes have server blobs for 2-3 hours every night. Let’s compare two sides here when there are blobs on either server:

1) We controlled SMC. Very little siege. Had a 2nd account from DH wasting the supply from 1500 to 0. Inner was never breached.
2) DH desperately sieged the ever living YB of their keep so they wouldn’t be spawntrapped again. Under a hail of 6-7 AC’s, three shield generators, cannons, and against DH’s blob Maguuma eventually took the keep.

Messages from NINE right after we took a fortified keep, sieged keep with NINE defending:

The only reason either of your servers even has ppt is due to Maguuma not being able to have groups in every BL 24/7. You’re essentially surviving sneaking ppt when Maguuma has other things to do.

Because Mag doesn’t have sfd/cccp members ppting around the clock, no sir, Mag doesn’t ever ppt (lol rn SFD is map hopping like crazy trying to get that tick up, pvding undefended objects while nobody is around).

Also what, pray tell, does your picture prove? What has winning 1 fight ever proved? And when does “19 in squad” translate to “19 on tag in a fight”? And how do we know you’re telling the truth about your numbers?

Also I’m not claiming blobs are the reason for your KDR. Saying that blobs can be the cause of KDR is not the same as saying they are the cause of KDR. The statement “you guys are blobbing, blobbing can cause KDR to raise” is used to counter the statement “Maguuma is better, because we have a higher KDR”. It’s basic reasoning (correlation does not imply causation). So let’s say your pic proves that Maguuma won one fight, good… Now do you honestly think Dh has literally not won a single fight this entire match? Considering we have 2,900 kills, chances are low that this is the case rofl. Proving you won one fight does nothing and you haven’t even proven that.

The only real claim you have of mine to challenge is whether or not Mag outnumbers SoS/Dh. I think you do, and I think SoS would gladly back this claim up. A server outnumbering another servers tend to lead to higher k/d. During NA (the timezone where most kills are generated) you outnumber both sides very severely. It seems entirely plausible that this could lead to a dramatically inflated KDR, and it doesn’t help that when you outnumber us in EU you’re spawn camping our pugs with siege (again, artificially inflating your KDR).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

2-3 hours? I can’t remember a single moment of your server fighting at any kind of disadvantage that would last more than a few minutes no matter where I was or was doing (zerg or roam). Like I said previously, I had 0 uninterrupted duel in all of last week and the interruptions always were from Mag. No matter where I would roam, the patrol intercepting me would not only always be many times bigger but also almost always engaging from stealth (not to mention siege burial, /sitting/jumping over my corpse after that exceptional display of skill ofc).

If no matter where you go and what you do you are at a severe disadvantage it pretty much explain why such a KDR is to be expected. It get worse if the other server stop caring about winning and dying when you spawn camp them all week. Just try it, and we will see how your KDR suddenly evolve… Explaining such a statistical difference with skill goes beyond ignorance. It’s delusional.

EDIT: I also will add that using your exceptional logical skills we were never more than 1 because my squad only had me in it therefore it is all the ppl that was ever in any fights where I was. See the problem?

(edited by Sirbeaumerdier.3740)

in WvW

Ogre.3124

2-3 hours? I can’t remember a single moment of your server fighting at any kind of disadvantage that would last more than a few minutes no matter where I was or was doing (zerg or roam). Like I said previously, I had 0 uninterrupted duel in all of last week and the interruptions always were from Mag. No matter where I would roam, the patrol intercepting me would not only always be many times bigger but also almost always engaging from stealth (not to mention siege burial, /sitting/jumping over my corpse after that exceptional display of skill ofc).

If no matter where you go and what you do you are at a severe disadvantage it pretty much explain why such a KDR is to be expected. It get worse if the other server stop caring about winning and dying when you spawn camp them all week. Just try it, and we will see how your KDR suddenly evolve… Explaining such a statistical difference with skill goes beyond ignorance. It’s delusional.

EDIT: I also will add that using your exceptional logical skills we were never more than 1 because my squad only had me in it therefore it is all the ppl that was ever in any fights where I was. See the problem?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Before this push Mag had a 1.68 average kdr playing casually in T4. There may not have ever been a time where Mag’s kdr has not been at least top 3 for both NA and EU servers.

Maguuma

in WvW

Arius.7031

Before this push Mag had a 1.68 average kdr playing casually in T4. There may not have ever been a time where Mag’s kdr has not been at least top 3 for both NA and EU servers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusion

Your point could easily be explained by you out blobbing servers during NA consistently. It’s well known that Mag is extra super heavy NA, decent EU, and weak otherwise (in terms of population). For servers to get to your rating, they’d have to either match your NA OR have better off hours compensate. It also doesn’t help that Mag is low pug high guild group ratio, which is another way that KDR can be explained… guilds killing pugs, which is not impressive in any way to any sane person.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusion

Your point could easily be explained by you out blobbing servers during NA consistently. It’s well known that Mag is extra super heavy NA, decent EU, and weak otherwise (in terms of population). For servers to get to your rating, they’d have to either match your NA OR have better off hours compensate. It also doesn’t help that Mag is low pug high guild group ratio, which is another way that KDR can be explained… guilds killing pugs, which is not impressive in any way to any sane person.

Pretty much. You can easily rely on a lot of other variables before having to fall back on “skill” to explain any difference in regard to KDR. Once you put all other variables (coverage, numbers, comp etc.) save skill on equal footing you realize that it is very unlikely that any skill difference is that important in what construct the KDR.

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I find it ironic that you chose to link psychological projection to me considering what factually is (numbers, coverage, ratio of guild groups vs pugs etc.) and how pathologically narcissistic the server tend to be (and this isn’t new at all since it was also the same when I was on it).

Beside, if you were having such a KDR despite facing opponents you had no hope of defeating kuddos but otherwise it is not as impressive as you might want to believe it. More importantly, it changes nothing about the facts present in the current match-up and how you insist the difference in KDR is to be mainly attributed to skill.

Yes, I do see a difference in the number of players who have obviously worked a lot longer together on your side than ours. Yes, a lot of you do have a great mastery of their builds (too often lazy/cheesy ones but whatever) but you, IMHO, really over-inflate the importance of skill in the KDR under the condition we are working with. I mean, if our KDR was to be above 1 vs you guys I’d be worried. It would mean that for each kill you get out of us we cost you one despite the number and coverage strongly being in your favor.

EDIT: In short, the KDR we have is first and foremost a reflection of how unfair the match-up currently is. Only once we remove that unfairness can we use what remains as something that might be attributed to skill.

(edited by Sirbeaumerdier.3740)

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

… And people wonder why more people don’t get involved in World vs. World. The dead body jumping, the spawn camping, the spying, the people using other accounts to do nefarious things on their opposing servers, the server stacking…

It’s not just ArenaNet. You, the players have helped to turn this game mode into garbage. At least you can sit back as forum warriors and jump up and down at ArenaNet and give them the blame as you continue to do all of the cheese lame BS that makes new players want to never step foot in this game mode and old players move away from it to do something else or find a new game entirely.

Pat yourself on the back…

100% agree with this. The day ppl will stop using “because we can” as an excuse to do all they want the world will be a better place.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

… And people wonder why more people don’t get involved in World vs. World. The dead body jumping, the spawn camping, the spying, the people using other accounts to do nefarious things on their opposing servers, the server stacking…

It’s not just ArenaNet. You, the players have helped to turn this game mode into garbage. At least you can sit back as forum warriors and jump up and down at ArenaNet and give them the blame as you continue to do all of the cheese lame BS that makes new players want to never step foot in this game mode and old players move away from it to do something else or find a new game entirely.

+1000 You said a mouthful!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Forum bug. /15char.

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

The dead body jumping

No, dear. It’s called teabagging.

in WvW

Ogre.3124

Its being in a competitive environment. Don’t cry about this, please. Without restriction competitive things often boil down to BM, trash talk, and battle of egos.

Maguuma

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Its being in a competitive environment. Don’t cry about this, please. Without restriction competitive things often boil down to BM, trash talk, and battle of egos.

The thing is, all WvW players evolve in that same competitive environment but not all of them pride themselves on being complete @$$holes just because they can. Let’s not use that “competitive environment” excuse to legitimize all behaviors.

You can beat the crap out of your opponent without reverting to 3 years old level. If you are good, you don’t need to throw a siege on someone to make it official. Specially if you drop said siege after 6v1ing the victim out of stealth. Any absolute kittens can do the same so it’s not really you showing any skill when doing it.

That being said, I’m not holding my breath about this changing any time soon. The old players have gotten used to it but the new players might look at that and say to themselves “no thank you”. I can only observe some correlation between certain behaviors and certain servers and type of players. Let’s just say that Mag seem to be rich in the narcissistic troll department.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

dunno, their blobs, turtles and camping weren’t the problem for me, i was running with a few people that were pushing them back well – even the turtle shell, if you time it right ….you’ll know when to push.

Those guys aren’t the problem, it’s the guys that don’t have turtle shells that pretty much take infinite damage without a scratch and pretty much land critical shots every time…..those guys are the flies in the ointment – otherwise the magpies fall pretty quick

study them, you’ll see what i mean…..not all of them are like that ….it’s just a guilds worth of players – but those particular players are obsessive about it. They’ll stick around even when the blob is gone. the blob itself isn’t hard to take, but when you mix "those’ speshul players in with the blob, the game changes and suddenly it seems like it’s the turtle shell doing it. You notice it most when there are only a few players being rude, you’ll never notice it mixed with the blob though.

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Ricky.4706

hey true, you don’t know who is playing on your side. those particular players are making you look bad :/ sorry.

your server organization, impressive, your use of game tools, remarkable, your portal bombs …to die for ……..these particular speshul players …pretty much render all that moot unfortunately. I saw and was with a darkhaven crew that kept your normal players at bay, we know how to get out of spawn camp – we’ve lived in lower tiers for a long time, it’s not new to us. This isn’t about that.

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

katniss.6735

Be honest, is mag a blob server or is dh just a wimp server?

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

ya, they have some of the grimiest tactics, obnoxious attitudes, and odious techniques i’ve seen in game

like it or not, whether anyone is willing to admit it or not, mag’s form of foul play brings meaning to winning a wvw match.

Enough to harass a guildmember of mine to the point of breaking her and quitting the game and MMO play in general.

Yup. Real sportsman-like these folks are.

I moved away from the T3 matchups for the sole reason the players on mag are the most disgraceful excuse for a community I’ve seen in gaming, just because of how they handle strangers. I’ve seen some things – especially having worked support for a game which legally allowed trash talk, scamming, and espionage – and even those players in an open-PK world weren’t so awful.

They don’t provide meaning for WvW. They take it way over the line to a point of creating an incentive for not playing.

in WvW

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Be honest, is mag a blob server or is dh just a wimp server?

Why or? Both can be true. I do think many are too afraid to die among those I play along (what I call being a wimp) but Mag does blob a lot. A LOT. No jokes.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

unfortunately this is one problem anet can’t fix it, so this is just the way it is. it’s just a game, no sense in getting upset about it.

to me, this has absolutely nothing to do with being outnumbered, or even camped. I’ve seen DH at work, yall are awesome…., maguuma, is not a ‘normal’ server on several levels. I’m watching some of the stunts they are pulling right now, it’s not normal. – again, not all of em, but a significant amount.

whenever you have a group of like minded people who are proud of doing bad things, there are always the elite in that crew that need to be the worst.

I’m not even upset or complaining about this, i use to be into competition, like take days off from work just to compete lol….it’s in my nature to find players like this to learn from them, i study the best players…..and have fun going after them – despite how hard it is…..because it makes me better , faster… i saw one guy in that state, and it so happened that interrupt was one of the few skills that was getting through, i must have interrupted him at least 15 times for laughs.

(edited by Ricky.4706)