I'm nervous!

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Posted by: Gotchaz.7865

Gotchaz.7865

That the new map will be empty!!!

I really want the new map to be successful but with all the mobs and pve nonsense I have a bad feeling after a few days the queue for EB will be huge lol

I really hope they listen to the community and make this a success.

Beowulf-Defender of the JQ Realm and Warrior of the SF clan.

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I have no doubts that EB is going to be very popular. It’s going to take a couple of weeks for the dust to settle and then we’ll have to see what happens.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

I never understood why they insist on putting mobs in WvW. Players do not come to WvW to farm, and if Anet’s intent is to get people into WvW to farm, they won’t last long because they will be griefed to no end.

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Ehh I hate EB cause its always so kitten laggy, and I dont like the new map so Im trying to be hopeful I have a reason to keep playing wvw :/. If they keep focusing on buffing siege, have no intention of balancing classes, think people have more fun fighting a bunch of carebears bunkered up in automatically upgraded siege filled objectives, think we want more pve and cheap easily abused gimmicks in wvw. Then yea I dont think the new map will be a success. But Im trying HARD to stay hopeful.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Random.4691

It’s hard to be hopeful when we have seen what they did with EotM, people were hopeful when they announced EotM and look how it turned out. We can only pray that they learned from that and took some of our advice. By advice I mean the WvW players not the guys that play once a week but were able to test the map because they stream.

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

It’s hard to be hopeful when we have seen what they did with EotM, people were hopeful when they announced EotM and look how it turned out. We can only pray that they learned from that and took some of our advice. By advice I mean the WvW players not the guys that play once a week but were able to test the map because they stream.

The difference is that a few hundred posters, at best, complaining about this in EotM, yet thousands of players jump in and play EotM every week.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’m a bit worried too actually but for a different reason…

I very much enjoy solo roaming but I choose EBG instead of the Borderlands simply because the map is tighter which makes finding fights easier. However it can also mean that it’s difficult to not get ganked when the map is very active which means you have to be wise about when you venture out by yourself.

If the new map does happen to be empty and EBG is overflowing I’ll be upset as well… Because it will mean too many zergs to roam unless you’re a Thief or a Mes, neither of which I have ):

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

I'm nervous!

in WvW

X T D.6458

I’m a bit worried too actually but for a different reason…

I very much enjoy solo roaming but I choose EBG instead of the Borderlands simply because the map is tighter which makes finding fights easier. However it can also mean that it’s difficult to not get ganked when the map is very active which means you have to be wise about when you venture out by yourself.

If the new map does happen to be empty and EBG is overflowing I’ll be upset as well… Because it will mean too many zergs to roam unless you’re a Thief or a Mes, neither of which I have ):

The new map might actually be good for solo roamers, since its kind of designed to break up blobs (yea we’ll see how that goes) and the map is pretty large and has layers and other stuff. So you might like that more. EB will be pretty bad for roamers I think.

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Random.4691

The difference is that a few hundred posters, at best, complaining about this in EotM, yet thousands of players jump in and play EotM every week.

This is true but it’s not really WvW, occasionally they do defend and battle but for the most part thousands jump in and play to either level new characters or rake in the Karma. I think there probably aren’t that many that play it for the epic battles ect ect that is WvW. To each their own but they have EotM to use in whatever way floats their boat, it probably wouldn’t be in the games best interest to have 2 EotM type of game play and only EB for traditional WvW.

I'm nervous!

in WvW

X T D.6458

Lol nobody goes to eotm for fights, unless its organized between guilds. People go there to farm karma, exp, and uplevels. And usually the reasons wvw’ers go there is when their server is having a dead time or to level toons.

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Let’s remove every reward from wvw and eotm for a week.
Let’s check “THE DATA” from both game modes.
I believe you would see empty EotM and maybe less ppl in WvW.
If it is true, then EotM players are not there for EotM but for rewards, making them not relevant.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

I'm nervous!

in WvW

X T D.6458

Let’s remove every reward from wvw and eotm for a week.
Let’s check “THE DATA” from both game modes.
I believe you would see empty EotM and maybe less ppl in WvW.
If it is true, then EotM players are not there for EotM but for rewards, making them not relevant.

+1 I dont care about rewards in wvw, they have always been bad, and kind of a catch 22, it sort of needs to stay bad in some ways to discourage farming. I go to wvw for fights. But also, people need to farm different things in different places, so its not like its a completely a terrible idea to have a place for uplevels to go. Or heck even wvw’ers when bored and no energy for real wvw, or having a server dead time.

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Might be time for me to finally sell myself out and transfer off the server I’ve been on since I started.. I bought HoT and want to actually play on this new map yet I’ve been playing with myself (no not like that) or 4 – 5 others during mid day NA up until primetime where everyone plays for 2 hours then logs off again.

Will probably wait a week or two after HoT to see what happens but yea for the first time ever I’m starting to worry…

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Random.4691

Might be time for me to finally sell myself out and transfer off the server I’ve been on since I started.. I bought HoT and want to actually play on this new map yet I’ve been playing with myself (no not like that) or 4 – 5 others during mid day NA up until primetime where everyone plays for 2 hours then logs off again.

Will probably wait a week or two after HoT to see what happens but yea for the first time ever I’m starting to worry…

Come play with me (no not like that) we can annoy each other in perfect harmony !

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

If HoT maps go EoTM, I may have cause to be …. negative.

Brig, come play with me on Piken. First couple weeks will be new placement exploration, can’t think of anyone better to join in the trials. (I’m NA, we play the same hours, unless you’re pst).

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

That the new map will be empty!!!

I really want the new map to be successful but with all the mobs and pve nonsense I have a bad feeling after a few days the queue for EB will be huge lol

I really hope they listen to the community and make this a success.

I’m more nervous that due to the HP grind more people will play PvE for a longer period of time in order to, more quickly, unlock elite specs. Making the statement that “WvW players really enjoy PvE” out to be true.

I'm nervous!

in WvW

briggah.7910

Come play with me (no not like that) we can annoy each other in perfect harmony !

Haha. What server are you on just curious? Now chances of me leaving are slim as I’ve been through a lot on my server and actually like the community that we have. I think I would actually be sad if I wasn’t around the same people I’ve been around for years. I may go on vacation though just to check out other servers if after HoT things don’t change much.

@ Jayne

Sorry I’m not Canadian or I would of took your offer in the other thread :P I only have one account on NA with endless hours on it. I also had thoughts of making a free account on EU just to see what its like over there. If I ever do get another account though I’ll keep Piken in mind. I’m EST and play anywhere from 11am till way past midnight. Sometimes I do that in one day/night lol I been trying to cut back though. In the past I definitely put in some crazy hours.

Player Vs Everyone

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Random.4691

I’m on DB, this is what I love about this community people like you and I rarely agree but in the end we can laugh about it. I can completely understand staying loyal and wish you the best of luck.

If you do decide to vacation, send me a PM on the forums I use this account to voice my opinions so my main doesn’t get banned because as I’m sure your aware I’m not always peaches and cream ;p

(edited by Random.4691)

I'm nervous!

in WvW

briggah.7910

I’m on DB, this is what I love about this community people like you and I rarely agree but in the end we can laugh about it. I can completely understand staying loyal and wish you the best of luck.

If you do decide to vacation, send me a PM on the forums I use this account to voice my opinions so my main doesn’t get banned because as I’m sure your aware I’m not always peaches and cream ;p

Ha!! I was checking that coverage wars site and DB was the server I had in mind since it seems they have pretty good coverage round the clock. I’ll see what happens after HoT. I really don’t want to leave but in a way I want to actually enjoy the new stuff and not log in to just get frustrated. I know lots of people are probably on break so things may change after launch..

Oh and sometimes when I disappear from this site its not that I don’t want to post. Its cause I can’t haha I’m trying be good for a bit

Player Vs Everyone

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Brig, come play with me on Piken. First couple weeks will be new placement exploration, can’t think of anyone better to join in the trials. (I’m NA, we play the same hours, unless you’re pst).

But how would the maps “go EoTM”? We already know its going to real WvW, ie take and defend stuff for tick. Its not going to be instanced. Everything else “bad” about EoTM is map design. Too many chokepoints on too many levels, driving brainless zerg rushes to extremes because that is the only way to push forward. Which isnt even that bad, we want more melee. It just blend poorly with current “normal” WvW meta, which make it a poor switch between the two.

I am curious to see what the new map bring… and how willing and able Anet will be to fix any potential flaw.

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Random.4691

Ha!! I was checking that coverage wars site and DB was the server I had in mind since it seems they have pretty good coverage round the clock. I’ll see what happens after HoT. I really don’t want to leave but in a way I want to actually enjoy the new stuff and not log in to just get frustrated. I know lots of people are probably on break so things may change after launch..

Oh and sometimes when I disappear from this site its not that I don’t want to post. Its cause I can’t haha I’m trying be good for a bit

I get that, I’m probably on the verge of getting banned right now for my posts in the HoT forum, but I don’t mind I have several accounts I can repost on. At the very least I will fight the good fight and have 5-6 accounts banned

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Posted by: Warb.8127

Warb.8127

Well that didn’t take long thats one account down.

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

But how would the maps “go EoTM”? We already know its going to real WvW, ie take and defend stuff for tick. Its not going to be instanced. Everything else “bad” about EoTM is map design. Too many chokepoints on too many levels, driving brainless zerg rushes to extremes because that is the only way to push forward. Which isnt even that bad, we want more melee. It just blend poorly with current “normal” WvW meta, which make it a poor switch between the two.

I am curious to see what the new map bring… and how willing and able Anet will be to fix any potential flaw.

I meant mega servers like EoTM. There had been rumblings about it prior.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

I'm nervous!

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I meant mega servers like EoTM. There had been rumblings about it prior.

There have? All I have seen is people posting megaserver WvW as the magical “solution” to population and score issues. Thats not rumblings. Thats fever dreams. Never seen Anet say anything about instanced WvW but I guess I could wrong.

I'm nervous!

in WvW

briggah.7910

I get that, I’m probably on the verge of getting banned right now for my posts in the HoT forum, but I don’t mind I have several accounts I can repost on. At the very least I will fight the good fight and have 5-6 accounts banned

Anet needs to add Joke to the kitten list. Apparently if you call some forum (not this one) that name it results in a 4 day ban.

We kind of derailed thread but to sorta stay on topic I guess it is only naturally to become nervous when something big is about to happy to the game mode we have all grown to love.. or hate

Player Vs Everyone