I miss bay... :(

in WvW

Posted by: DemonNinja.1602

DemonNinja.1602

Just saying. These new maps are just not fun for the PvP aspect of WvW. Too many PvE gimmicks on these new maps makes them not fun. Also I miss garrison fights. So depressed.

Aerilon Starsider
Elementalist Extraordinaire
http://twitch.tv/dustydemonninja

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I would like the old BLS map back because:

- very easy, friendly environment to traverse as opposed to the new map’s ridiculous vastness & TIME WASTING windy design
- little to no pve interference as opposed to new map’s laden-heavy in pve gimmicks, silly alternatives and draws focus OFF/AWAY FROM actual fair-fight aspect of WvW
- easy to understand & simple layout as opposed to new map’s intimidating layout/confusing design
- manual upgrades that involed physical human interaction (being present) as opposed to new map’s auto upgrade system (little to no human interaction)

There’s probably many more things I could pick up on but I’d have to give more time in the new BLS, I legit haven’t explored the top left of the map yet because I was disappointed in my initial visit the other day; I got lost and was originally on the hunt for a fight but after 30 mins I only found one enemy in there.

I know, this is all new for us and we’re told by others to “adapt” but I can only hope in the near future things clear up or we find a way to deal with these new changes/map. I for one do not like the new map due to reasons explained above – I would’ve loved a redesign of the alpine BLS for all I care. Not more of this EOTM 2.0 style gameplay.

I will tolerate and give it time, though. First impressions aren’t always sunshine and rainbows.

in WvW

Posted by: DemonNinja.1602

DemonNinja.1602

I think the thing that saddens me the most is the continued silence on the part of the devs as to the terrible state that WvW is in, the aren’t even acknowledging our feedback.

Aerilon Starsider
Elementalist Extraordinaire
http://twitch.tv/dustydemonninja

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I still think they should bring back the Alpine map and make it one of the borderlands. Then make the desert map another borderland, then create a new map and make that the 3rd borderland (maybe something more HoT related, one where we can use gliders). Easier said then done I know, but I don’t see why they can’t use an existing PvE map in the game already, scale it down somewhat to make it more travel friendly.

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

I miss bay too. I had my traveler runes also in my waterbreather, so i had the speedbuff even in the water. It was so much fun as a mesmer to swimm in circles around while ppl tried to catch me till they just broght the whole zerg back to kill me

I had so much fun on the alpine maps and i gathered so many good memorys that it is hard for something new to compete with those memorys and the good feeling i have about the old stuff. But also the new map offers not many things for me to get excited to creat new good memorys. “You can revorse everything, but not the first impression”. My first impression is not “wow, that lava looks cool! I’m excited to fight in this area” but “wow, that lava looks cool! Could be fun to pull ppl inside… But how the kitten do i get inside that keep? Or am i already inside? Somewhere here is a wall or a gate down… i can even see it, but how do i get there…. Oh, never mind, it just flipped. So lets catch up with the commander. kitten … I can see him right next to me on the mini map… but where IS he??” etc.
When i ran from Garrison to bay i was already in the “fighting mode” focused on meeting the enemy. Now i’m focused on finding the way and not killing myself with lava or a jump. I could write a whole book about my good experiences with the old BL and now the new. And the overwhelming impression of that map is “annoying like hell”.

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

I miss everything about the old WvW – the only PvP mode i ever fell in love with – the new wvw is so kitten boring.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

All go South Bay cata spot!

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

All go South Bay cata spot!

“Yo guys, 500/500 supps and none of you built a balli to get that cata on vale out? Seriously?!”

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

I think the thing that saddens me the most is the continued silence on the part of the devs as to the terrible state that WvW is in, the aren’t even acknowledging our feedback.

This is also in other aspects of the game, in the engineer forum there is nearly no communication.

There is also a thread about 100% map completion in HoT works not for players with old tyria map completion and the devs answered a reddit post but not the thread in there own forum weird.

We cleary need more communication this can help the devs and us its a win win.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: DonEllz.6312

DonEllz.6312

I miss bae too! :’(

Its Not Apho – Necromancer – Callous Philosophy [LaG] – AnguĂ®sh [Ash]

in WvW

Posted by: BaLzA.8902

BaLzA.8902

Hate-Vertical-Maps
RAGE!!!!!
New BG are really extremely chaotic and complex.

At least, from my point of view.
Stick on Eternal Battlegrounds <3