I miss the days that OS was always full :(

in WvW

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Some of the best PvP moments in GW2 happened in OS. It used to ALWAYS be packed and full of life, and now Anet has nerfed it into an outright useless area…

1. make the reward better, think world boss level
  2. make it game-wide like EotM
  3. Make the reward a character daily, not an account daily
  4. Bring back bags for kills, but only on the first kill of a person per day

Don’t abandon OS Anet, it would take very little work to make this place great again!

in WvW

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Obsidian sanctum is no longer crowded cause all drops from players have been removed due to "suicide"farming. Which also removed any value from the Ultimate Dominator title as most players carrying this title got it by cheating (the system). Also the obsidian sanctum is no longer coupled to EBG. making it’s connection only the fact you can meet enemy players, which have been nerfed of loot.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

OS should never have been a place to farm anyway.

I see no problem with them leaving it as is.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Still like #2, and still not the rest.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I don’t think loot was the reason it was fun. It was the fighting while trying to get to the top that made it fun.

Like this.

https://youtu.be/6IFhSPWMlMU

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

I stopped going to OS during s1 and the forced mu rotations. 9 weeks is a long time and rivalries are forgotten.

When the tourny finally ended OS nvr returned to life and I got involved in others parts of wvw. Itll nvr come back either for a lot of reasons.

My suggestion is that we make the center oasis the new roaming turf. We could even pick a color to gather at for low pop servers.

And im not talking about those… I walk yaks so Im a roamer too, types. Pure stalking and murder. No bm, tea bagging, siege throwing wannabes either.

in WvW

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Everyone saying the reason for OS was the loot have probably spent very VERY little time there. The reason for OS was to have a challenge trying to get to the top while being able to fight other players in environment influenced PvP.

They NEED to make it cross-server like EotM
They NEED to make the reward worth the climb again

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

What they could do is have chests randomly spawn around OS on a timer (say 5-8m before it becomes available to open) and have everyone fight over them.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Everyone saying the reason for OS was the loot have probably spent very VERY little time there. The reason for OS was to have a challenge trying to get to the top while being able to fight other players in environment influenced PvP.

They NEED to make it cross-server like EotM
They NEED to make the reward worth the climb again

+1

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Yes, I feel you TS.

EBG JP was a pain to do because there were many people and everyone is kitten each other. Though sometimes it is fun to see two servers gang up on one server because that server decided to break the peace.

Well, the thing is, anet nerfed the chests. It used to be character instead of account and so, many was doing it using different characters, getting as much blueprints and badges as possible. Guilds even organised portals chain and get everyone in their guilds to do it because you can get a lot of blueprints for free. Then, they nerf the chests and put the chest as account. Those days are gone.

EDIT: Even if anet revert these changes, it wouldn’t be the same because blueprints can now be bought via TP. Last time, you can’t, we have to pass the blueprints via dropping and picking. So, basically, when you change something for convenience, you lose something at the same time.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)