I need Relics!

I need Relics!

in WvW

Posted by: CajunSinjin.3410

CajunSinjin.3410

For anyone that played Dark Age of Camelot (DAOC), this was the best part of its RvR (their version of WvW). Each world would contain two relics that would give a boast to the entire world. You could increase the boast by stealing the relics of the other worlds. You have to physically run it back to your keep and place it there.

So in summary.

1) Guard the relic: You have to completely take the Garrison to get the relic
2) Steal the relic: To steal an enemy world relic, you take over the garrison and then run (no porting) the relic back to your home world. You would some portal spot need your border entry but not in it so you can just hide there.
3) Storing enemy relics: It would be put in either the hills or bay keep (if you currently don’t have it, you don’t get to store it and have to defend it in the open until you do. Once it’s placed you get the bonus (TBD) until you lose the keep. Either the owning world could take it back or the other enemy world could still it from you.

I think this would add a new flavor to WvW both from an offensive and defensive side

I need Relics!

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

We? Who is "we"? Not, WE are didn’t.
This will lead to the same PvD only and even more than it is already now.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

I need Relics!

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I played DaoC for years……..and I give a strong no to your idea. Relics made wvw/rvr in DaoC too much like a capture the flag game.

It might have been the best part of RvR for you, but there was also certainly a large portion of players in DaoC that did not like that aspect of rvr.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

I need Relics!

in WvW

CajunSinjin.3410

I think it would add motivation to defense of keeps. Right now the only motivation might be right before a tick to get the points. Otherwise they get flipped on a regular basis because no one is there to defend.

If you have something worth defending you will.

I need Relics!

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

We?

I agree with others when I ask who you think your in titled to represent?

It is a horrible idea in my opinion. If you want to show the world your prowess, hold SM and your enemies garrisons.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

I need Relics!

in WvW

CajunSinjin.3410

WE = The collective call to action on a topic of discussion.

I’m soliciting input to the idea, negative feedback attacking me is not constructive dialog.

I need Relics!

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

I think it would add motivation to defense of keeps. Right now the only motivation might be right before a tick to get the points. Otherwise they get flipped on a regular basis because no one is there to defend.

If you have something worth defending you will.

I’ll explain to you how it would be:
In the prime time one side will defend and another side will attack. Most of the time it will be 2vs1 (as Jade Sea + Kodash fought against us few weeks ago). So, non-stop siege, a TONS of players, crazy lags, absolutely no fun.
After the prime time, some party, fast steal with no resistance. You know, some "smart" ppl will awake at early morning just to steal relic.

Motivation? Do you need it? This is a prestige!
If you lost your keeps: Bay and Hills, this means you are got (harrased). If you lost Garri - you got (harrased) hard.
Not some abstract "my server, blah-blah", but you, personally you!

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

I need Relics!

in WvW

Teon.5168

WE = The collective call to action on a topic of discussion.

I’m soliciting input to the idea, negative feedback attacking me is not constructive dialog.

Hmmm, that’s not what WE means in my dictionary, but whatever.

And on your second sentence, you only want people in this thread that agree with you, and not those that disagree with you? (Especially past DaoC players?) If that’s the case, good luck with that.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

I need Relics!

in WvW

CajunSinjin.3410

Teon – Negative feedback on the idea is fine, that is the purpose of requesting thoughts on it. The idea it to draw out discussion on it so that an idea can be fully discussed. So far the dialog has been very interesting on this idea, save for the few people that were upset with the word “we” which I was surprised at……LOL. If you want to rile up the population, put the word “we” in your subject line

I need Relics!

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Oh you mean the Orbs we had at launch but hackers kept fly hacking so players complained, so Anet did the simplest solution, removed them entirely! and do nothing about the hackers.

What do you think that circular area just north of north camp was for?!
I assume you started playing after the Orbs were removed to suggest adding something that was removed.

As hackers have grown in confidence to portray their “skills” in the open field for all to see, to even taunt players with them, some players have repeated asked for the Orbs to be returned, instead we got the ruins…. :/

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

(edited by Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054)

I need Relics!

in WvW

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

we don’t need motivation to defend keeps. We need more people around to defend keeps.

I need Relics!

in WvW

Teon.5168

Teon – Negative feedback on the idea is fine, that is the purpose of requesting thoughts on it. The idea it to draw out discussion on it so that an idea can be fully discussed. So far the dialog has been very interesting on this idea, save for the few people that were upset with the word “we” which I was surprised at……LOL. If you want to rile up the population, put the word “we” in your subject line

Fair enough….was just checking.

And people on forums usually get a bit bothered when ‘we’ is used in the subject line or in the OP’s original post, as it implies that the OP is speaking for others.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-