I tried WvW

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

After spending many hours on pvp and pve, where I did everything possible and got bored very fast, I tried WvW.

It’s terrible.

You spend hours simply getting into action, and what action! You have a choice between destroying doors, those don’t don’t really fight back, or go roaming. Roaming is fun, until you encounter the enemy bus at which point your are dead and you have to walk for hours again just to get to play the game.

So PvE is almost non-existent, WvW is terrible, PvP is kind of decent … that’s it?

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

Guess this isnt the game for you. Try something else.

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Uhm, did you try Edge of the Mists or Eternal Battlegrounds? I’d say there’s quite a bit of difference between both.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

Guess this isnt the game for you. Try something else.

you cant satisfy a troll who has mastered the art of hyperbole

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

you have to walk for hours again just to get to play the game.

Most people that play WvW make their characters run instead of walk, then it only takes a few minutes to get across the map. I assume you spend most of your time in Divinity’s Reach on TC?

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

Whoah!!!! Wait just one second!!!!….. You can walk in this game?

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

If you’re serious: It doesn’t have a default key, if I remember right, but yes.

I tried WvW

in WvW

Darox.8069

Yeah of course I run :p

So I see no real answer? I guess that was to be expected!

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Pugging is an absolutely atrociious experience for me anymore. I only get enjoyment from guild runs and commanding anymore.

You wont get an answer that WvW is good from here either, We all think its just a kitten as you, but there is no other decent RvR game in the market for another year and half which is the only reason Gw2 retains its RvR population. Even though ESO is really, really, really bad. Some people go there for something new anyways.

Isle Of Janthir

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

You have a choice between destroying doors, those don’t don’t really fight back, or go roaming. Roaming is fun, until you encounter the enemy bus at which point your are dead and you have to walk for hours again just to get to play the game.

So.. you tried to ninja a tower or something and tried to roam but got ran over by a larger group cus of a lack of situational awareness. Sounds like you are clueless and not very good or aren’t using a decent roaming build. Plus you didn’t mention trying any of the other parts of wvw like following a commander, joining a wvw guild, open field fights, assaulting or defending a keep or gvgs.

Your post is like complaining that GW2’s pve sucks cus the only thing to do is feeding cows and kicking wurm holes in Queensdale. You haven’t done anything yet, yet are qqing on the forums.

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Op if you want to roam, then some WvW overlay is needed for you. Then you wont need to walk hours.
And of course, running from one edge of map to other side takes about 3 minutes for roamer. Not hours. And in your way there is stuff roamer can do, taking sentries, killing yaks, flipping bloodlust, taging towers/keeps.

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

There was one pertinent answer there put into the form of a question .. which map where you on? It certainly sounds like you were on EotM or Eternal Battlegrounds. In the case of the former, particularly, most of your time will be karmatraining for PvD and Champ rewards. EBG can get very blobby and depending on the time of day, consist of a lot of PvD (as do the BLs at certain hours of the day).

But WvW is what you make of it! The way I found WvW was by joining a Guild committed to enjoying WvW. When we have a raid night, we are prepared for
*Open field fights when we come across close to equal numbers (+ or – )
*Unafraid to defend against higher number opposition in our keeps and towers.
*Prepared to attack a well defended and upgraded keep or tower.
It’s not just the element of trying WvW .. you have to commit to finding the essence of the game.

You will see a lot of QQ about the short-comings and how we as a community are being let down. Truth is though .. we’re all here because we love this aspect of the game and keep coming back for more.

And when we do find those awesome fights, whether it’s 1v1, 5v5 or ZvZ, they are the best thing you will find in GuildWars2

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

So PvE is almost non-existent, WvW is terrible, PvP is kind of decent … that’s it?

Well, I don’t PvE so often, so no idea. PvP is okayish, but could be better. However WvW can be a very different experience from day to day. I for myself like to roam the borderlands. Trying to sneak camps and towers can be fun, especially when you start picking up the guys, trying to find you, one by one. I play mostly Mesmer, no PU, if anyone is wondering

The Zerging is not so much fun for me. The roaming is, and learning to avoid main roads and certain situations brings you into the realm of roamers. That almost guarantees you, that you will find some small scale fighting.

EDIT:
And with some experience and watching the map, you can anticipate where the enemy zerg and roaming teams will most likely be. This allows you to choose the kind of engagement you prefer. No hours of walking required.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

(edited by TyPin.9860)

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

After spending many hours on pvp and pve, where I did everything possible and got bored very fast, I tried WvW.

It’s terrible.

You spend hours simply getting into action, and what action! You have a choice between destroying doors, those don’t don’t really fight back, or go roaming. Roaming is fun, until you encounter the enemy bus at which point your are dead and you have to walk for hours again just to get to play the game.

Depends. I PVE a lot and for the most part it’s like walking in the park, except you get to fight off wildlife. I’ve never been much into PVP

But WvW…

I go through bursts of activity on WvW then just burn out really quickly. When the tournament started I was hardcore-ing it for the first couple weeks but then just burned out and sat out the rest of the tournament. WvW as a concept is great but the way it’s turned out, well, lets just say that it could be vastly better

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Battles in EB last night in our match up were a thing of beauty- brilliant open field three way battles between groups bigger than ours. Shame about the lagfest, but it’s the sort of thing that makes wvw worthwhile.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

I tried WvW

in WvW

Darox.8069

I just find that large scale groups fights are not interesting at all.

If anet could do something to burst zergs I guess wvw could start to become interesting. In fact, what it would require is the building up of fighting fronts where people gain and loose territory instead of those zerging buses.

One way to do this could be to facilitate the movement of players towards areas where there are few of there allies. This would act as an incentive for fun: get faster into battle at the “cost” of not being in a zerg. I think a lot of people would appreciate this.

This could be achieved in a number of ways, for example:
Borrow the concept of lanes and creep waves from mobas like DotA. Make these waves cancel each other in the long term. Add a logistic mob to each wave, this mob sets up outposts where players can teleport. Limit the number of teleports to outposts so that a wave never becomes a zerg.

I tried WvW

in WvW

Azrael.4960

The biggest issue is that there is no benefit in taking and holding points, whether it be camps, towers or keeps. You get the same points regardless of how high a tier a location is.

Many aspects of WvW can be improved by removing PPT and switching it back to daily points. At daily reset, the scores tick over and the higher level a tower/camp/keep/garrison is, the more points you score. This makes taking and holding territory imperative. I’ve written up some ideas but placed them in their own sections as they’re very long

Disclaimer: all values in the following sections are plucked out of the air

For instance (these are points values for the sake of an idea)

Stonemist
T1 – 20
T2 – 50
T3 – 75

Garrisons/Keeps
T1 – 15
T2 – 30
T3 – 50 with a 5 pt bonus for having a waypoint, on EBG the world holding 2 keeps gets a 10 points bonus and a 20 point bonus for holding all 3.

Towers
T1 – 10
T2 – 15
T3 – 30

Camps
T1 – 5
T2 – 10
T3 – 20

By changing to a daily points tick rather than every 10-15min or whatever it is, night time coverage will have no meaning whatsoever. You can control the whole map at night but the points don’t count until the reset. It will mean EU/NA night time players from EU/NA/Oceania can contribute by fighting off other night time players and holding on to make sure upgrades are complete BUT! they won’t be able to take advantage of the fact that the vast majority of players on those servers will be sleeping. The actions of a few should not be so disproportionately rewarding for their server.

I also propose that for the larger points, like keeps, garrisons and SMC, the single point to capture the whole target be replaced with several points. For instance, to fully capture SMC requires the capping of all 3 supply camps in the inner keep. There’s a couple of reasons for this. One of the joys of fighting in SMC is the sheer number of players involved, however as everyone knows, lag makes it virtually unplayable. By requiring three points be capped it will force commanders to consider a coordinated assault rather than simply zerging one of them at a time because the defenders could deny your team by sitting and camping on 1 point. Even if you take your whole zerg to fight that zerg, all it would take would be a couple of roamers to cap the point your team just left.

As for keeps, I propose that the inner and outer supply depots become cap points as no matter how powerful a lord is, no keep can stand without supply. It will also give the defending side a chance to reorganise, regroup and assault the keep again.

Camps and towers would stay as they are now.

The existing rewards system encourages zerging because all a commander has to do is wait for the RI buff to end and bam another champ loot chest. My line of thought is that champ loot be replaced with a daily loot chest which is scaled depending on a player’s contribution to the war effort. This would be scaled based on a resetting daily contribution title track. The level of rewards will be tied directly to how much of that bar is filled somewhat like the rewards for triple wurm of tequatl where the more you achieve in those events, the more rewards chests you obtain.
Example
Points for capping
1 – Capping a T1 location
2 – Capping a T2 location
3 – Capping a T3 location

Points for defending
1 – Defending a T1 location
2 – Defending a T2 location
3 – Defending a T3 location

20 – 50pts = WvW Bronze chest
51 – 75pts = 1 WvW Silver chest and 2 WvW Bronze chests
76 – 100pts = 1 WvW Gold chest, 3 WvW silver chests and 5 Bronze chests

(I’m not saying anything about what’s in the chests as that would be too contentious)

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

@Azrael .. I like these suggestions; I think they would add to the tactical nature of the game. However, what your suggestions don’t do is change the advantage that coverage overall gives a server. A high population WvW server would still dominate a match-up against a low pop server.

I’ve always wondered why the outmanned buff doesn’t add a ridiculous amount of extra damage output say +200 power/condition damage, and 5 points to score for stomps. That would encourage the low pop servers to develop (or attract) high skill tactics which may not prevent the high pop server ‘winning’ the PPT war but would at least give them (low pop server) high rewards for fighting and stomping.

I’m sure this has been suggested elsewhere..

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

This Game has 9 playmodes

• s/tPvP
  • PvE
  • GvG
  • WvWvW – Zerg/Blob Warfare. Massive epic battles, keep takes and karma trains
  • WvWvW – Roaming/Havoc – Small Grp Fun , <5 Players
  • WvWvW – Fight Club – AKA Dueling includes solo roaming
  • EoTM – Megaserver WvW tech
  • Roleplaying
  • PvF – Trollmastership

Take your pick and go have fun.
This game was made for you to dabble in what you like.
DO what makes you happy.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

I tried WvW

in WvW

Azrael.4960

@Azrael .. I like these suggestions; I think they would add to the tactical nature of the game. However, what your suggestions don’t do is change the advantage that coverage overall gives a server. A high population WvW server would still dominate a match-up against a low pop server.

I’ve always wondered why the outmanned buff doesn’t add a ridiculous amount of extra damage output say +200 power/condition damage, and 5 points to score for stomps. That would encourage the low pop servers to develop (or attract) high skill tactics which may not prevent the high pop server ‘winning’ the PPT war but would at least give them (low pop server) high rewards for fighting and stomping.

I’m sure this has been suggested elsewhere..

High population servers will always have an advantage especially the international servers who have populations spanning NA, EU and Oceania. French servers have always benefited from having access to Canadian players. German servers have it the roughest as even Spanish speaking servers can count on Latin American nations. However, a daily points tick rather than an ongoing 10-15min tick will heavily offset the current imbalance caused by coverage. As EU resets are at 00:00 UTC, and American time is between UTC-5 and UTC-7, NA evening players on EU servers will be overlapped with Oceania morning players on UTC+7 through UTC+9. However, whatever grounds NA and Oceania players make during their hours of operation can be undone and offset by the larger numbers of EU players when they come online.

So in that sense I think that although high populations servers will still have an advantage in numbers, EU servers with non EU players can’t always count on coverage to give them the advantage.

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: tebbles.1564

tebbles.1564

• s/tPvP
  • PvE
  • GvG
  • WvWvW – Zerg/Blob Warfare. Massive epic battles, keep takes and karma trains
  • WvWvW – Roaming/Havoc – Small Grp Fun , <5 Players
  • WvWvW – Fight Club – AKA Dueling includes solo roaming
  • EoTM – Megaserver WvW tech
  • Roleplaying
  • PvF – Trollmastership

DO what makes you happy.

Those aren’t even actual game modes. There is WvW, s/tPvP, PvE. Make an entire arena where you can GvG, than you can call that a game mode etc. Lol at anyone implying WvW is actually good in its current state.

THE TRUTH

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Port to an enemy BL, head to south camp or just north of the south camp near the flag. Most mid-tier and higher servers have plenty of fights around there that are fun.

As for getting hit by the bus, that is part of what makes WvW different than sPvP. Roaming builds are generally built to have some form of escape… that is what makes WvW more dynamic than sPvP. Players have to account for a variety of ever changing combat conditions.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

Most people that play WvW make their characters run instead of walk, then it only takes a few minutes to get across the map.

L O L
Seriously though OP, you’re best option is to join a wvw guild. Changes the whole experience for the better
For a lot of ppl that play wvw, it’s all about their guild/guildmates. The mode itself can be fun, but wvw is too broken to fully enjoy it w/o the guild aspect.

• GvG
  • WvWvW – Fight Club -

Anet has made it clear that these 2 ‘game modes’ are not supported by them in the least. Try at your own risk lol

• Roleplaying

Roleplaying has been all but destroyed by megaserver

but, don’t expect to receive balanced rewards for each ‘gamemode’
WvW is an absolute blast. You really should try a dedicated WvW Guild before giving up on it altogether.
I started this game pve, beat it in 3 months & was about to quit gw2 out of boredom. Then I entered wvw. . . . It is now almost 2 years later

Naz ©

(edited by Naz.2607)

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Real answer: WvW is freaking amazing when done right. Get on your server’s TS and you’ll be able to hear the strategy behind each and every decision. Get good enough, buy a commander tag, and maybe, just maybe, you can lead the Zerg yourself. (If your server isn’t really high tier, that may be part of your problem. Maybe consider transferring to gold league.)

PvP has been freaking fun since day one. Granted there have been and continue to be a series of balance issues, but I’ve seen far worse in other mmo’s. All in all this game’ spvp is kicking butt and the recent rewards are just icing on the cake. I hope to see capture the flag in the near future.

There is so much to do in PvE, I just can’t take you seriously. You can do freaking anything dude. Jumping puzzles, (I don’t care who you are, those are dang fun) dungeons, unlock temples, world bosses, (crazy awesome stuff right there) or merely roam around discovering the beautiful world that’s been created. Oh, and by the way there’s this thing called the living story that’s about to be permanent. You might try hopping on that bandwagon too.

Punk, please. If you’re bored, this isn’t the game for you.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: sukilih.6913

sukilih.6913

Lol hop on TS or whatever comms your sever use find a good commander that you like to fallow boom…bags

Ron burgundy
TC- milk was a bad choice

I tried WvW

in WvW

Banzie.5248

Most people that play WvW make their characters run instead of walk, then it only takes a few minutes to get across the map.

L O L
Seriously though OP, you’re best option is to join a wvw guild. Changes the whole experience for the better
For a lot of ppl that play wvw, it’s all about their guild/guildmates. The mode itself can be fun, but wvw is too broken to fully enjoy it w/o the guild aspect.

• GvG
  • WvWvW – Fight Club -

Anet has made it clear that these 2 ‘game modes’ are not supported by them in the least. Try at your own risk lol

• Roleplaying

Roleplaying has been all but destroyed by megaserver

but, don’t expect to receive balanced rewards for each ‘gamemode’
WvW is an absolute blast. You really should try a dedicated WvW Guild before giving up on it altogether.
I started this game pve, beat it in 3 months & was about to quit gw2 out of boredom. Then I entered wvw. . . . It is now almost 2 years later

Naz pls.. OS arena acknowledged and verified GvG and Dueling.

Isle Of Janthir

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

um Karn plz, only cuz of ‘what went down’ & you know it ;P

Naz ©

(edited by Naz.2607)

I tried WvW

in WvW

Banzie.5248

um Karn plz, only cuz of ‘what went down’ & you know it ;P

Doesnt matter, it happened!

Isle Of Janthir

I tried WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

If you’re serious: It doesn’t have a default key, if I remember right, but yes.

Nah…I was kidding. I just don’t use the walk feature in these games, hehe.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood