100MB connection.
overclocked i7-4770k @4.00Ghz.
GTX 770.

Fix your servers.

I would pay $100 just fix the skill lag

in WvW

Posted by: root.9415

root.9415

There are many hops (routers) between your house and Anet’s servers, any one of which could be responsible for your skill lag. It’s not necessarily serverside. A 100mb connection doesn’t do anything for you if your’re pinging in the triple digits.

Kill the downloads of course, and also try playing over ethernet (if you’re on wifi) If you have a sub 100 ping, no FPS problems (60+), and are still getting 2+ second skill lag, then you can effectively blame the servers.

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

“Anet takes no responsability for the failure of your ISP in the matters of what the community calls “LAG”, please contact your ISP through the official channels and raise the matter with them, everything in our datacentres is working as intended"

:)

EDIT: root my entire serveri s experiencing the LAG in EU, 60+ people in 1 TS channel can’t all be wrong.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

most likely it’s your isp or between you and the servers, but far too difficult to consistently explain this point, that you could have 1 MB connection, 100, or even 1 TB/sec doesn’t matter if there is latency between you and the servers…

throughput will be affected by bottlenecks. You would need to do traceroutes, probably enough to do pathping to the servers and see where the issue might be, as there could be severe packet loss somewhere.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

in WvW

Posted by: Angelwood.7652

Angelwood.7652

Another patch and another evening of WvW lag, come on guys, we know it’s gonna happen, stop being surprised already

“In due time, all will serve the Asura”
Jester – Hand of Blood [HoB]
Piken Square

in WvW

GROMIT.7829

Another patch and another evening of WvW lag, come on guys, we know it’s gonna happen, stop being surprised already

for the last 2 months we’ve had several patches and no lag, why is this patch so special and to those people above who jump on the “it’s your ISP” anet defense bandwagon how about you explain the lag 60+ people in my servers TS on Piken are experiencing this all at the same time, from different parts of the world, with different pc’ and different internet service providers.

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

for the last 2 months we’ve had several patches and no lag, why is this patch so special and to those people above who jump on the “it’s your ISP” anet defense bandwagon how about you explain the lag 60+ people in my servers TS on Piken are experiencing this all at the same time, from different parts of the world, with different pc’ and different internet service providers.

Because that’s usually the cause. If it’s multiple people experiencing the same issue at the same time, on the same maps, it actually still could be something with the internet and not the servers themselves. Either way it could resolve on it’s own soon or anet could already be seeing if they have an issue. But if it was a temporary issue I wouldn’t pay $100… I wouldn’t pay $1. Ongoing now perhaps, which one would assume is what the op meant… If not, just wait it out.

in WvW

GROMIT.7829

Because that’s usually the cause. If it’s multiple people experiencing the same issue at the same time, on the same maps, it actually still could be something with the internet and not the servers themselves. Either way it could resolve on it’s own soon or anet could already be seeing if they have an issue. But if it was a temporary issue I wouldn’t pay $100… I wouldn’t pay $1. Ongoing now perhaps, which one would assume is what the op meant… If not, just wait it out.

It happened IMMEDIATELY after the new patch, it’s not our internet as there are so many variables and Anets patch is the only constant. ergo Anet’s patch caused the lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

There are many hops (routers) between your house and Anet’s servers, any one of which could be responsible for your skill lag. It’s not necessarily serverside. A 100mb connection doesn’t do anything for you if your’re pinging in the triple digits.

Kill the downloads of course, and also try playing over ethernet (if you’re on wifi) If you have a sub 100 ping, no FPS problems (60+), and are still getting 2+ second skill lag, then you can effectively blame the servers.

most likely it’s your isp or between you and the servers, but far too difficult to consistently explain this point, that you could have 1 MB connection, 100, or even 1 TB/sec doesn’t matter if there is latency between you and the servers…

throughput will be affected by bottlenecks. You would need to do traceroutes, probably enough to do pathping to the servers and see where the issue might be, as there could be severe packet loss somewhere.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Latency-Lag-for-EU-Players-merged/first

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

It happened IMMEDIATELY after the new patch, it’s not our internet as there are so many variables and Anets patch is the only constant. ergo Anet’s patch caused the lag.

oh it could be, but even then it doesn’t ‘guarantee’ just increases likelihood. It could be the datacenters isp. Op’s situation likely falls under internet issue, especially if this is a common thing. There is so much people don’t understand about the internet, routers, modems, wifi, etc.. Your situation is more likely to be with the EU datacenter I’ll agree. Would still say give it time to resolve itself and settle. And as you did, post in the eu lag thread if the issue happens a lot.

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Seems to me that they even have made a rule that says: when server lag hits, let easy to process skills pass throug, like warriors GS1 spam, and not let Elementalist’s cast meteor shower because that’s harder for the server to process.

I wish they could be more open about things like this and explain more. I don’t see why they won’t even tell us the limit of the amount of ppl that WvW allow. Is there some dirty secret? Like uneven limits, or bugs that makes minis take player spots? Why wont they tell us?

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

oh it could be, but even then it doesn’t ‘guarantee’ just increases likelihood. It could be the datacenters isp. Op’s situation likely falls under internet issue, especially if this is a common thing. There is so much people don’t understand about the internet, routers, modems, wifi, etc.. Your situation is more likely to be with the EU datacenter I’ll agree. Would still say give it time to resolve itself and settle. And as you did, post in the eu lag thread if the issue happens a lot.

True, but what you don’t understand is that a lot of us live with this for a long time now – I have pingplotter running 24/7. So I see where packet loss is occuring.
And if 60 people are lagging at the same time, then you can assume that it’s not everybody’s internet connection. Also a dev admitted that wvw has got lag issues “We uploaded a patch to make the pvp lag better but for some reason it made the wvw lag worse”:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Lag-March-2015/page/2
Not saying you don’t have a point, some people have got troubles with their ISP, but that’s not the whole story.

in WvW

Posted by: Nomad.4301

Nomad.4301

Stopping in to say that this is happening to me as well. Been getting pretty sever lag spikes since the update went live. Normally my ping (in Canada) is around 70-100 with a 60MB/s connection, since the update it continually spikes up to 600+ but only for 3-4 seconds at a time which is making WvW almost impossible to play.

I have tested and re-tested my connection on (literally) everything else and it seems very stable on my end (no spikes or drops in bandwidth) only my connection in Gw2 seems to be having troubles and only since the patch.

in WvW

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

That’s great, you can put those $100 towards renting a place right beside the server.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in WvW

Juba.8406

Clearly there is something wrong, even PvE maps take way longer time to load than before.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

If you live outside of NA, chances are WTFast will help. If you live within, then be lucky you do not have to face 150-250ms

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It could definitely be an ISP issue, but when it only happens under circumstances (say, Stonemist castle fights), or if the game has no such issues outside of wvw, the game was working fine before an update, that could be signs that we can’t just blame the ISP or computer.

Basically, more details are needed, if you have any.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Skill lag for every single player when 3 zergs are fighting isn’t an ISP problem.

At this point, everybody should know that.

[HUE]

in WvW

Juba.8406

kittening unplayable.

in WvW

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

If it’s happening when there’s not 3 queued servers clashing in a spot on the map I’m pretty sure it’s a problem on your end. I’m in NA and play on EU with very crappy internet but a decent PC and skill lag is non existant besides 3 way zerg fights.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in WvW

Posted by: quBit.6437

quBit.6437

using a VPN sometimes can help a ton. worth a try at least.

in WvW

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Er, yeah, if lots of people from all over the world are experiencing the same thing, simultaneously, then it’s not likely to be a personal internet issue, is it?

Not to mention that my worst issues are invariably during US and Asia peak times, which are during my country’s non-peak times.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth