IRON statement about Desolation & the future

in WvW

Posted by: DavidMonthen.4398

DavidMonthen.4398

In case it is of interest to any of you, here you can find our official statement about WvW (this week), Ruin, and the future of IRON on desolation:

http://ironguild.eu/showthread.php?tid=70

Carry on.

(If a moderator believes this post to be in the wrong sub-forum feel free to move it, but as this only really concerns the WvW population of Desolation, Vizunah and Blacktide (+any other interested WvW people) I thought it would best be posted here. Thanks for the understanding!))

Commander – Kaargoth Bloodsteel
Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: setilight.8713

setilight.8713

Looking forward to having you back on the battlefields.

I really hope this week didn’t hurt our WvW permanently. I feel that being promoted to tier 1, only to have our biggest guilds disapear, leaving us outmanned on most maps, severely hurt Desolation’s morale.

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

We will be back in shape within the next week and back to fight for Desolation after next weeks reset. We will of course be present in WvW during the coming week but not in full force. People (including myself) will try out new builds/tactics withing next week and generally prepare to be ready for the week after.

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

Best of luck to IRON & Desolation, maybe now the disease is gone you guys will get some quality transfers and enjoy WvW without all the drama. You guys are what made Desolation’s reputation grow before the tragedy happened.

Drama has already started for us.

Thanks.

Best of luck to you Blacktides dealing with the problem now. Really hoping you will be able to manage it as a server and looking forward to meeting you again (casually next week and competitively as soon as Desolation has picked themselves up again).

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: RobF.5864

RobF.5864

Well that is good news – glad to hear it.

This may not be possible given whats happend but I do think there needs to be a focal point for WvW and IRON can give the lead. It would be great if you guys made a TS/Mumble etc channel available but I fully understand if you cant or wont.

Good to see you back!

(edited by RobF.5864)

in WvW

Posted by: Bahamzero.6783

Bahamzero.6783

Looks like you guys didnt lose any motivation after both your guild and server hit a rough path, can only respect that.
Good luck rebuilding but im sure with such a possitive attitude you wont need luck

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

@RobF: We are currently on a (very) large scale TS server. I personally am in contact with a hoster who may be providing us with a (pretty much) unlimited slot TS3 server (unlimited as in as much as we will possibly need). This will take some more discussion and thus time, but we are working on it. We are currently asking people to join our ts whenever we are in WvW providing the details in mapchat. But again, working on a free4all TS, it’s gonna take some more time though.

@Bahamzero: Thanks dude. Yeah, we are looking forward to making an impact again. As said before we will take one more week of preparation & resting but after that we are back with full force.

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

So where did RUIN move?

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

They moved to Blacktide. Our IRON nightshift has confirmed farming Archaos multiple times in a row untill he finally left the battlefield. But please let’s stay on topic here. This is not about RUIN but about IRON and our statement on what is happening concerning our guild on Desolation.

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

SmokeyNYY.7841

Sorry was just curious :P. Carry on with your discussion!

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Ouch, IRON, sucks about your gm :/
But good you didnt let it get to you, and looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

in WvW

Posted by: RobF.5864

RobF.5864

@RobF: We are currently on a (very) large scale TS server. I personally am in contact with a hoster who may be providing us with a (pretty much) unlimited slot TS3 server (unlimited as in as much as we will possibly need). This will take some more discussion and thus time, but we are working on it. We are currently asking people to join our ts whenever we are in WvW providing the details in mapchat. But again, working on a free4all TS, it’s gonna take some more time though.

Fantastic – really need to get that info out there in chat – I didn’t know lol That could just me being dense but I hadn’t seen that announced. I’ll be sure to join in when you guys are up and running again

This is not about RUIN but about IRON and our statement on what is happening concerning our guild on Desolation.

Amen

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

But good you didnt let it get to you, and looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

Thanks, we’ll do our best.

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Amasius.9014

Amasius.9014

Seems like IRON is in every regard the opposite of RUIN. Good luck guys.
/salute

Pishy – Warrior
[FeaR] The First Impact – Riverside

in WvW

Posted by: Sombike.6291

Sombike.6291

A toast to the Future of being Awesome and sticking to the One and Only (Hahahaaa, inside joke) true server

Have been in Desolation since day one myself and will be here for the rest of my life :P
Hoping server to the winning one is a really bad thing, for both the giving and the receiving end imo. Will see, will see … Gl Hf

LeBlop – [Dius] – Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Shtra Quo.1932

Shtra Quo.1932

IRON taking a week off? I’m pretty sure you only want to do this new dungeon thingy. :P
But good to get some clear facts about your/our future on Desolation.

PS: Mr Hansen will get a golem from me when you announce you’re back from holidays.

Freck – You’ve been desolated!

in WvW

Posted by: Wrex.6798

Wrex.6798

Thanks for the positive comments guys, IRON appreciate it

Don’t worry Shtra, many of us are still hungry for WvW so you’ll still see us in there this week, just on a smaller scale!

RobF, and anyone else that wants to jump on and say hi, you are most welcome onto ous TS, poke me ingame or on here for info.

Here’s to Desolation, rising up through the ashes soon at a Borderlands near you.

//Wrex

IRON Gaming Boss.
www.Iron-Gaming.Com

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

We will definitely put that golem to good use.

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

Linking out to your own website is sneaky! I totally approve.

I appreciated the fights against IRON much more than RUIN when matched up with Desolation, and I wish to meet you in the battle field soon.

FS seem to have found their place again, we are now going from T4 to T3 for the matchup tonight. See you soon!

Oh and GOOD LUCK!

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

in WvW

Posted by: ghondon.7910

ghondon.7910

As a current(not for much longer RUIN member) I would like to apologize for myself. I am ashamed i was a part of RUIN to be really honest. When i heard about the change to BT I was appalled. I am sorry I was part of the dishonesty and what i consider a stab in the back. I find the action by RUIN To be pathetic(this is the cleanest way to say it). I will be removing myself from their weak guild and moving on to greener pastures somewhere. I was amped up and excited to be playing against BT this week. Then i found out we basically quit and jumped servers sigh just how freaking pathetic, scared, and hypocritical can on be!

I honestly felt the same way when we abandoned our old server ET. That situation i understood though our entire alliance fell apart. This time IRON was still there GoD was still there fighting side by side accepting and welcoming us wanting to work with us. We repaid you by /daggering you in the back. I wish all of IRON luck and hope that you can bring desolation back up the rankings and recover from RUIN coming to your sever.

Thank you for your time and again SORRY!!!!!

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

Please try to stay on topic. If you want to talk about RUIN please refrain from doing this in this thread. We would like to keep this open for discussion but if RUIN-talk ensues we can see it drifting into another flame-fest which may get the thread locked/deleted. So please keep this thread focussed on IRON, thank you.

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

Good to hear we finally keep the dedicated guilds.
We can finally recruit people and know they will have a good home on this server.

So /Salute to IRON and their alliance and ofcourse to my own alliance Namepending with FG, EXG, GP and many more.
Lets get bigger together and lets get Desolation back on their feet.

/Peace

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)

in WvW

Dalure.4691

@Ghondon
Just join one of the many good guilds remaining on Desolation.
/PM me if you wanna join mine.
This counts for everyone….contact me or from FG or IRON in both you will find a good home.

in WvW

Dalure.4691

To IRON personally…..i like your commanders that i have met….good and solid like it should be and yes for everyone on this post we are done talking about RUIN so let me be the last to say this:)

in WvW

Posted by: Qacino.3468

Qacino.3468

You have my sword !

in WvW

Posted by: Nidhogg.2950

Nidhogg.2950

Salute to IRON, your dedication to server, guild and WvW does you credit. Take the time you need to rebuild, you stand strong where others have fallen.

Guildleader of Vitas, Gunnars Hold

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. Really helps our morale and strengthens our dedication to WvW and to Desolation. A special thank you to all the players from other servers for your encouraging posts.

On a personal note thanks to you guys my faith in the WvW community has been restored. No flaming, a nice athmosphere in a thread. This is how it should be.

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

You guys have been incredibly positive despite all the crap you’ve taken this week.

I’m glad Desolation have you, and me and my guild are genuinely honoured to fight beside people with such morals and dignity.

With IRON as its backbone, Desolation will rise once more.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Posted by: Auzegeist.2836

Auzegeist.2836

Good to see your getting back on track guys, stick with it hope to see you all back to full strength sooner rather than later <3

/Emotek

in WvW

DavidMonthen.4398

Thanks Brunners, means a lot to us!

Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Cyril.1486

Cyril.1486

I cant believe that there are hardly any organized Wvwvw guilds on Desolation what is going on exactly, there are way to many solo people running around on Desolation. Its not a good system when coverage wins rather than who has the best guilds and “kills the most players”.

You and GOD and another Russian guild in the daytime (cant remember the name now, Golden something…) are the only guilds going out every night and doing your thing, so you have my respect for that. I would say to people that play on Desolation why not join guilds like these and make them stronger. I think that guilds need to focus on killing rather than PVDoor and focus as playing as a unit. We haven’t really been hit by a Desolation guild yet where we have thought we need to watch out for those guys cause they can really bomb. Anyway good luck IRON i hope you carry on doing what you do and get a few more good solo pvpers from the Desolation ranks in. I also respect the fact that you have noticed that you have tough opposition in Blacktide and haven’t steered away from it and are gearing up to give it a full go again that to me is what real PVPers are made of.

in WvW

Posted by: Natural.7013

Natural.7013

Where did Ruin go???

in WvW

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

Where did Ruin go???

Blacktide.

Which sucks for Blacktide tbh. Even when you win, you lose, you know?

Regardless welcome back IRON, great to see you guys coming back strong. If [Judge] can be of any help, at all, reach out. We’re not massive, but we’re committed to our server and always willing to get involved.

We also share your sentiments that Deso was dragged into T2 by PvDoor’ing americans, without actually being ready.

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

(edited by Parthis.2091)

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Always look on the bright side <:

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Good to see you returning to action. We’ll be waiting for you so we can have more great fights

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Method.8592

Method.8592

Good luck IRON, enjoyed the fights, hope to see you soon on the battlefields.

Jéru / Zhalem [META] Vizunah

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

Don’t worries guys, come fight us in D2/D3
Less waiting time, less zerg/turtel, more fun…

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

(edited by Wothan.4673)

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

One hundred Gold Nox.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

I’m sorry to hear about this guys. I would have never thought Cyanide would do something like this. He seemed like a decent guy as an outsider to your guild.

Desolation needs you back in shape, and I wish you the best and hope you recover quickly.

As for RUIN... I posted my opinion on the Desolation forums.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Nohonor.5382

Nohonor.5382

Shame about the Cyanide; former leader of the only viable pvp guild on desolation. Hope you come back strong, even tho I don’t think we will see each other in force on the battlefield.

p.s. Before you respond to me because of my sig, send me a forum pm or ingame pm if you wanna talk you know who rather than bug dave’s clean thread.

Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

(edited by Nohonor.5382)

in WvW

SmokeyNYY.7841

Shame about the Cyanide; former leader of the only viable pvp guild on desolation. Hope you come back strong, even tho I don’t think we will see each other in force on the battlefield.

p.s. Before you respond to me because of my sig, send me a forum pm or ingame pm if you wanna talk you know who rather than bug dave’s clean thread.

Your name fits your guilds actions pretty well. What a coincidence.

in WvW

Posted by: Akumu.7238

Akumu.7238

Personally, I couldn’t care less about how others “feel” about my guild. Loyalty to the guild is far better than to a server. Each guild has leadership and said leadership should do what’s best for the guild. Not what’s best for a server, unless the two share common ground.

However, IRON is still respected in my book. Do what’s necessary to get Desolation stronger. Though we are no longer allies, I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield. We may fight on different sides of war now, but not with ill will towards you.

/salute

edit: Thanks for showing me the error. Believe me or don’t believe me, I can’t control ones thoughts/feelings.

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

(edited by Akumu.7238)

in WvW

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

Personally, I could care less about how others “feel” about my guild. Loyalty to the guild is far better than to a server.

However, IRON is still respected in my book. Do what’s necessary to get Desolation stronger. Though we are no longer allies, I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield. We may fight on different sides of war now but not with ill will towards you.

/salute

The phrase is I couldn’t care less. The phrase I could care less does in fact mean you care.

Either way, kudos to you on your thick skin and awkward, faux respect.

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

in WvW

Posted by: tita.6358

tita.6358

BT are probably asleep. preparing for the match reset in 2hours.

Tita the Sunless, Vizunah Night Rats
75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

in WvW

Auzegeist.2836

This is the worse time to take a break for a week, IRON dudes. I been on the server for 2 days, and i am already bored. Noone to fight with most of the time.
Don’t think i’ll stay on the server longer then Thursday, when my transfer is off the cooldown. This is like beeing back on Gunnar’s Hold.
Think i’ll go back to Piken, it’s like the last active ENG server that i know of.

Even Blacktide quited today:

thats what happens when you server jockey, tbh T1 is boring as hell WvZ not my cuppa tea, i’ll be happy if we go down the board, i dont need kitten to make me feel better in my life. Also has nothing to do with [IRON] they may be a big guild on the server but not the only one. If thats all that take you to move server you’ll not be missed /wave

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

It’s friday, nobody plays on a friday, also with the event being around, everybody’s doing that.
Give the guys a break, they’ve jsut had some drama and need to take some time to get back into the game, both the server and the guild.

in WvW

Auzegeist.2836

You may want to go on a little Desolation history lesson, more has happened than the problems in IRON this week, word to the wise always do a poke about on servers and find out what’s happening on them, that way when you decide to glory hunt on a T1 server that is having issues, means you wont be disappointed and QQ all over the shop.

You also mention about us not being in T1 for long, tbh after what we have witnessed over the last few weeks I dont think many of us want to be

in WvW

Posted by: whykt.9578

whykt.9578

IRON is recruiting more dedicated WvW players to fight the good fight for Desolation, so please apply here or message me ingame and be ready to go for our comeback next week! Ex-RUIN players are also welcome

Yanox Yak – The IRON Triangle
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Belfagor Diabolos.1940

Belfagor Diabolos.1940

Good luck IRON ….

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

I saw alote of Iron including 2 Commanders players in WvW this gaming week. Are you guys really resting?

Yeah. Iron are definitely taking it more easy than usual.

They didn’t say they wouldn’t be in wuvwuv at all though.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90